PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo (Hoth Rescue) - Brown Coat. Who's found it?

JEDIpartner
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
I just got the Han Solo brown coat variation and I was wondering if anyone else has found one and are they becoming more common. Just taking a quick scan around the boards...

Beast
02-04-2004, 09:59 AM
I finally found one the start of the week, at Target. Along side Luke: Jedi, R1-G4, and R2-D2: Bartender. Nice figure, and the color is great. Is the fur on your hood a lot better painted on the brown one also? On the blue one it's mainly white and tan. and very muted. But on the brown one, the white, tan, and yellow are more visable. Maybe the earlier blue ones, just arn't painted as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
02-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I don't have him in hand yet, but a friend of mine in Orange County, CA, picked me up one at a Target a week ago.

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 10:49 AM
I havent seen him yet. BUt I have the blue and am not into variations much.

Reefer Shark
02-04-2004, 11:01 AM
I found one at Target about a month ago on clearance for $2.38 (score!).

I haven't compared him to the blue version yet, so I'm not sure about the paint differences. I'll have to check it out later!

JEDIpartner
02-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Is the fur on your hood a lot better painted on the brown one also? On the blue one it's mainly white and tan. and very muted. But on the brown one, the white, tan, and yellow are more visible.
Yeah... I kinda noticed that right off the bat, actually. There was much more paint on it and the fur seemed to have a darker colour...

Dark Marble
02-04-2004, 11:15 AM
I found a brown coat at KB toys a week of two before Christmas. I haven't seen one since. I compared the colors and on mine the face on the brow coat is better than the face of my blue coat.

I had to compare them though, while I was in KB I really couldn't be sure that I had found the brown coat or if it was a blue coat that looked stange under the lights. :confused:

DarkArtist
02-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I found one about two weeks before Christmas. I was at Walmart in Old Bridge NJ when a stock person was unpacking a new box of figures. The box contained the new Hoth Assortment of Luke, Han, Trooper, R-3PO and Imperial Hoth Trooper. The Han I found was packaged on the new Gpld Cards. I guessing that the brown version comes with that assortment. :)

CrossWizard
02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Found one at KB about 2 days ago, they had about 4 and all were brown. I'm really not into variations but I would've rather had found a blue coat one cause it looks better alongside the POTJ Bespin Han, but I guess I can't complain since any new figures I find at my side of the woods are a good, scarce thing.

Dr Zoltar
02-04-2004, 12:22 PM
I also found mine a few weeks before Christmas. There were 4 on the shelves. I think I found him in a wave of previously released figs.

DarthQuack
02-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Haven't seen one around here yet :(

-Matt

Lazer Brain
02-04-2004, 04:22 PM
hello,
found han brown coat today at target, he looks better than the blue did. he looks like he came in a case with snow troopers and boba fett pitt.
good luck
later

Turbowars
02-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Saw him 4 times around X-mas.

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Saw him 4 times around X-mas.

If ya see him again, he owes me money.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-04-2004, 08:06 PM
I found one here at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago, which in itself was miraculous as I've not found anything there more recent than Clone Tropper pilots in a ages. Unlike others on this thread, I found that my blue coat Han had a much better face painting job. My brown coat Han makes Dr. Evazon look handsome in comparison.

Sidiously Darth
02-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Found one a couple of weeks ago at a WM Super Center. The card and bubble are mint but there is an odd mark on the card inside the bubble. It's a small green line that looks like it may have come from a pen or marker. I don't know how that could happen but it's there.

swabie2424
02-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Found mine at the beginning of this week at the Target in Burbank, CA.

jjreason
02-06-2004, 02:05 AM
I don't have him yet, but his status is officially "pending". With any luck that will change to "shipped" very shortly, and I'll be able to add him to my shelf shortly after that. Glad to hear quite a few people are happy with him, the blue one is one of my favorites from 2003.

DarthQuack
02-06-2004, 09:12 AM
I always seem to find the figures I want but they are usually on a bad card. :(

-Matt

JediTricks
02-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Found one at Target Duarte, face paint is a little sloppy and the card is slightly bent.

Silent Chazz
02-09-2004, 09:29 AM
I found 2 Hoth Han Brown Coats in Amarillo on Saturday at Target. I only purchased one because both Hans had damaged cards. I'm a mostly a Loose Collector, so it didn't bother me to purchase a damaged carded fig. Oh well, too bad none were mint as I coulda bought a second and traded one of you for a Blue Coat Han (I'm more of a Blue Coat Han kinda guy).

Kidhuman
02-19-2004, 02:10 PM
I have an extra if anyone needs one. Han in Brown coat. PM if interested

sith_killer_99
02-20-2004, 11:22 AM
I found the Brown Coat Han here in Kentucky.

silentsteel70
02-20-2004, 08:39 PM
I also found mine a few weeks before Christmas. There were 4 on the shelves. I think I found him in a wave of previously released figs.

I don't have a blue coat or a brown coat version yet...mine looks black!!...glossy paint on the top half of the body, and the arms and bottom of the coat are plain matt, they don't look like they have been painted at all!!

Ook
02-22-2004, 03:11 AM
I've got one I don't need. The card's not mint, but it's not too bad. I trade on RS and have feedback there under "Sgt Ook".

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=008047

Sentinel18725
02-22-2004, 08:23 AM
I found one the other day at WAlMart but the card was bad. Since I keep mine on cards, no buy.....but they are aout there...somewhere.

jjreason
02-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Found mine in my Kebco box this afternoon. It's wicked. :cool:

Nice to be one of the gang again, I was beginning to feel left out! :D

Silent Chazz
02-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Wha? I feel left out not having Blue Coat Hoth Han lol.

tagmac
02-22-2004, 07:29 PM
I found four of them at TRU in Woodbridge, NJ today. Only bought one, and left the rest. Looks like these aren't gonna be all that rare after all.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Wha? I feel left out not having Blue Coat Hoth Han lol.

To me that is the only one that should of been made.

Beast
02-23-2004, 11:19 AM
To me that is the only one that should of been made.
Of course since the coat was brown, that would be unfair. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Out of all the Star Wars figures I've seen lately, the only place I've seen the gold stripe repacks was at target, including Brown coat Han. They seem to be the only ones who ordered them around here. It's weird.

Jaff
02-23-2004, 03:50 PM
I passed on the Brown Han (Gold stripe) today at Wal-Mart, and unfortunately this figure is part of a case that is nothing but rehashes. It consisting of Brown coat Han, Snowtrooper, Luke (Throne Room), Darth (Throne Room), Yoda and Chian, Aayla, Barris Offee, Boba, Anakin Secret Ceremony, and Ashla and Jempa. It's too bad this figure was not circulated with newer assortments like the Bossk, Rappertunie wave so that the shelves did not get cloged with last years figures. Oh well, it will just make it harder for folks to get new figs in stores!

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Considering so many people missed alot of those figs last year with the distribution problems, they have been flying out of the stores around here. Snowtroopers are a great army builder. Plus it is also packed with core characters that kids and all people like. Barriss would be the only pegwarmer I would see. Plus you have completeists who will buy them because of the new cards and all.

jjreason
02-23-2004, 04:01 PM
I've got my Brown one cracked, and on display beside Blue. Brown has mask on with pistol in hand, Blue has mask off holding the saber. They make a lovely couple...... :D

This is my 2003 figure of the year (for appearance anyway - I'm not wild about the wide stance or the distraction feature - but just standing there, they look amazing).

Val Da Car
02-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Looks like KBTOYS.com got some ca$h...

http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/No/15/N/3207/Ns/score_bestseller_units_kb%7c1/NsDefault/1/sortedBy/Bestseller/ls/default

Han Solo (probably Brown but I don't know), Darth Vader TRD, Luke TRD, Snowtrooper and Anakin)

ALL for $5.99 each!!!

enjoy and good luck

dr_evazan22
02-26-2004, 08:26 AM
I found a butt load of the brown coats at a TRU in Media PA last night. I picked up an extra in case I could make a trade here on SSG. PM if interested.

Darth Alex
02-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Looks like KBTOYS.com got some ca$h...

http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/No/15/N/3207/Ns/score_bestseller_units_kb%7c1/NsDefault/1/sortedBy/Bestseller/ls/default

enjoy and good luck

Thanks for the link. I'm still rebuilding my collection, so I picked up the $6.99 each C3PO and Yoda Deluxe figures.

Now if they'd get some Red Arcs and SA Clones, we'd be set:crazed: .

Kidhuman
02-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the link. I'm still rebuilding my collection, so I picked up the $6.99 each C3PO and Yoda Deluxe figures.

Now if they'd get some Red Arcs and SA Clones, we'd be set:crazed: .

Dude I could of gotten you the 3PO deluxe for two bucks at Dollar general. If you have any of those in your area check em out. They had the Deluxe action figures for 2 bucks a pop.

Dr Zoltar
02-26-2004, 04:51 PM
These "Brown Coat Hans" have now become peg warmers at my local Target.

silentsteel70
02-28-2004, 02:50 PM
I have an extra Brown coat han in mint condition card is also mint...straight from the box...I took it out myself,...if anyone wants to trade it for something else PM me or if you just want to straight buy it from me that's good too...I just picked up a couple of deluxe packs at dollar general for $2 a pop here in kansas, and they said they get thier deliveries on thursday...so I will be back there next week!! :D

__________________________________________________ _________________

Darth vader :"Luke I am your father!" luke thinks...god I hope I look like my MOM!!!

fishyfett
03-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Lately, it's been hanging around in our stores more often. I didn't buy this brown coat version since I already have the dark blue one. After all, I have 2 Hoth gear Hans from the early POTF2 w/ the brown jackets. This one with blue coat is good enough to complement the first two. :)