PDA

View Full Version : DEAD line

jedi master sal
12-07-2001, 02:30 PM
Alas this vaunted line shall never see the light of day again. I loved getting these. Much less expensive and really helped with building a diorama in perspective. Anyone know where I can go to buy used ones. BESIDES AUCTION SITES LIKE E-BAY!

vulcantouch
12-13-2001, 11:26 AM
. . .hey jdah, i'm almost ready to send gsj's pkg (mixtape sequence is Finalized, just gotta clear up a coupla craftsmanship issues), so i need you to answer quextion i've axed you here Twice already :rolleyes:: namely, ARE YOU ENCLOSING MM PREDSHIP IN HIS PKG OR MINE? preferably the former, but either way i need to know asap :frus:
:p

vulcantouch
12-14-2001, 07:08 PM
i'm READY to launch gsj's pkg, mms, mixtape & all, as early as tomorrow morning; just waitin on jdah's response :o

. . .

. . .

. . .

hmm, maybe if You try naggin jdah, gsj ;)

vulcantouch
12-16-2001, 11:52 AM
. . .as of yesterday gsj's pkg is on its way, With predship mm enclosed; eta 7-10 :) so jdah, plz send preship mm to Me rather than gsj, it'll be b'jr's replacement for the one goin to gsj :)
gsj: as usual, when pkg arrives lmk if any problems & if everything a-ok. thanx for patience, hope it'll be worth it, look forward to your reaction to both mms and mmixtape :)
vt
np: a few guilty pleasures (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=18820#post18820) :p

good shot jansen
12-21-2001, 08:48 AM
i wish her (you're dayum photograph included with your name these days makes it harder to type that you know:rolleyes: ), all the best through that horrendous move to the abode next door.

anyway's

shipped this morning towards the rockies is a package contining among other things, (jeddah's broken voy, apc, nx/ncc 2000, other goodies tossed in ) gsj's winter groove (seeing how's today is the solsitice and we is now officially wintering), where the musical stylin's of joan osborne, buddy guy, morrisey, pil, lou reed, midnight oil, pete townshend, adrian belew, thrillcat, bill nelson, english beat, nona hendryx and others can be heard for your cold evening by the fire place listening pleasure!

i tried to put the mix together with what i felt was a winter feel. i pulled and replaced lots of songs from some of my earlier attempts cause after giving it a listen too, certain stuff, felt too much like fall, spring, whatever (sheesh, all that's left is summer, like i couldn't type that out), anyway, i hope you like it, and get the same winter groove, that i felt when completed!

unfortunately, i have no way of makin' tape dupes (unlessen i sit down ,and rerecord copies, so if you have anyway of makin' tape dupes on your end mr. touch, i would be most pleased if you could wheel one off for swafman. if not, i'll make him another one like the 1st.

good shot jansen
01-02-2002, 12:51 PM
you receive my package yet?

awaiting your comments regarding tape!

hope you enjoy it!

vulcantouch
01-02-2002, 01:13 PM
"i pulled and replaced lots of songs from some of my earlier attempts cause after giving it a listen too, certain stuff, felt too much like fall, spring, whatever"
-no worries; since it'll likely be the only mixtape i make you in a Lonnng time i let yours be year-round eclectic to cover as much highlight ground as possible, rather than making the whole thing play well any One timeoyear :) besides, from the 80's artists you've listed it sounds like your's'll play better in spring anyway ;) i dig lotta morrissey, 'e's got a roil gift for melody & lyric. i've got most/all ebeat 80s stuff, but could always use a lil lou reed edjucation- if he was good enuf for edie (http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/ediesedgwick/gallery2.html) he's prolly good enuf 4me :)
sure, i can dupe swaffy a copy if yall don't mind the minor 2nd-generation degradation; up to you guys, lmk :) "earlier attempts" eh? how many drafts did you run thru?
vt
np: Your mixtape

good shot jansen
01-02-2002, 02:25 PM
uh oh:eek: , i mailed it on the 22nd, and i do believe i paid priority:confused:

tell me ain't so jo:(

good shot jansen
01-03-2002, 07:42 AM
if you havn't gotten it yet:( , that is definately not a good sign:(

here's to hopin' it;s either just delayed, or for some reason wingin' it's way back here (return address and all).

aaarrrgggghhhhh:mad:

vulcantouch
01-05-2002, 01:40 PM
. . .but let this be a lesson to all you Priority Mail addicts; i sent gsj's via mediarate & he's Already got it :happy: eager to hear thoughts on each cut & tape as a whole, as well as your new mms :) so, dyou think that when we're all ready you, me, swaffy, jdah & timmer (& anyone else who's in on our mixtape swappin) should start a MMixtape MMadness thred on this forum? :)
vt

vulcantouch
01-08-2002, 11:41 PM
contents:
mixtape- already given it a break-in run; as w/swaffy's, i'll first listen several times to let it soak in :) think we should wait till i dub & send swaffy a copy of this before we start a mixtape thred? speakin of which, swaffy's VTapeclub pkg should be ready to launch as early as tomorrow, providing he emails his address in case i can't find. same goes for lbc & his vintage bousshelm.
also:
3-pak w/nx-ontop/ncc-underside excelsior;
k-7;
stargazer;
ent-c;
ent-b;
alien apc;
voy shuttle, and
voy w/busted nacelle
all go to bjr except the last, which he & i'll swap out for one of his good ones as early as tomorrow, which'll make it all ready for enclosure in pkg to jdah. so maybe in the meantime jdah can get my ratts pod to me before it becomes fashionable in spring?? :rolleyes: speakin of spring, swaffy, i don't think starcon is until ~april; at any rate, i doubt you'll start a frenzy if you post your wants here in the mm forum-
vt

SWAFMAN
01-09-2002, 04:31 AM
VT, I emailed my address to you. thanks sir.

good shot jansen
01-09-2002, 08:15 AM
watta everlovin' wang dang doodle relief, i am soooooo unencumbered with remorse now that it's been published that the pakage arrived!

that's it, the postal boys will not get another $3.95 outta my wallet!, fer fricken what, i dunno. 3 weeks in the chutes before arrival, sheeeesh.

(btw jt, take note, i've been trying to use my allotment of 5 measly smilies, and so far none are inserting, if that's how we're fixing the joint, i say don't bother)(imagine a frustrated smilie here)(and here)(and here)

i's been list'nin' non stop to your mix master supreme since it's arrival, full review will be pending mix tape club debut. however i will drop this lil' tid bit, the tape when considered as a whole is nothing short of amazin'!, it's damn close to being a perfect blend throughout it's entire run! definately not a collection intended fer individual cut listening!

oh, and i forgot to mention packages other contents (embarrased smilie here)

bab 5 sets 1-5 (that's right, you heard correctly, 1 through 5 complete!)

predator transport mm
all ships from gal voy set # 3
a great article on the sleeper house (why they filled that jointup with walter platner furniture rubbish i'll never know)

good shot jansen
01-09-2002, 12:58 PM
i left out the most amazin' content that was included in vt's extr'ordinary package to me....................

one, pristine, in the package mint die cast snowspeeder!

for any of you who collect the diecast guys, you all know that this baby is without a doubt, numero uno on the tough to git list!

thanx vt!

jeddah
01-09-2002, 01:40 PM
... @ work (http://www.aspectworld.com/) and she says she will covertly send the packages by DHL courier (so I don't have to cover the cost :)) so yep. And in any case, of course, by Spring - Gods, don't suggest that we'll still be here then!

I wouldn't mind you reconfirming the who gets the Betty and what happens to the latter mm ep1 pack (only cos I can't (be bothered to :p) 'remember' (ahem) which thread those details are located in. I know I'm becoming more like WS every day (apart from the scalping). What I do is save in Outlook Express in my "collecting" folder all the emails I get for later referrals, The last emails I have are the ones from BC3 re the trek micros and Baal's Rancor queries.

GOOD NEWS ON THE TAPE FRONT. I have a busy house DJ friend who I'm working with on some tracks at the mo' and he is going to give me an old tape deck he doens't like! (note I said 'like', not 'use'! - oh to be that rich) So, I'll be able to listen to SWAFFY's mixtape. :)

jeddah

SWAFMAN
01-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Cool !! ......... Sounds like VT made a terrific one for GSJ. VT: Was GSJ's mixtape the same as the one I received last year?

vulcantouch
01-09-2002, 10:31 PM
you haven't hada tapedeck? then how'd you listen to My tape? you know, the tape you Still haven't critiqued? ; )

swaffy: "thanks sir"
-whodo i look like, peppermint patty? yer welcome marcie ;)
confirming your 16-item (counting 2ndgen dub of gsj's mixtape), VTapeclub mediarate pkg launch (a heavy, efficiently-packed box), eta 7-10; $4.93 as i recall (i forgot to get receipt :rolleyes: ), plz wait till it arrives to make sure bout amount before paying.
also confirming lbc's bousshhelm 1st class launch (i was able to find his address in my records), eta 3-5 :)

funny you should ask, swaffy: though they were composed individually for each of you, yours and gsj's 90-min tapes did turn out quite similar. most differences are due to acquiring some music after i made yours that i wanted to include on gsj's, so i jettisoned a few of the originals from your tape's basic template:
gsj's has beat farmer's "california kid" instead of "happy boy";
gsj's has Wigstock's "it's natural" instead of Wild Palms' "go chip";
gsj's has axus' "near or far" instead of vanessa daou's "if i could";
gsj's has byron stingily's "beautiful night" instead of 1+1=3's "i'm on beat";
and gsj's has barry's "full moon domain" and "gene explores the titanic" (King Kong/Raise the Titanic) instead of potion's "dumbwayo"
other than that, your tapes are pretty much identical, so you two'll have plentyo notes 2 compare : )

gsj: "damn close to being a perfect blend throughout it's entire run! definately not a collection intended fer individual cut listening"
-interesting; feel free to elaborate and uh, talk slower :happy:

"postal boys will not get another $3.95 outta my wallet"
-you're right; they'll be getting More (another likely rate hike in june ; ) )
vt
np: Your mxtpe

JediTricks
01-10-2002, 11:15 AM
GSJ, SirSteve upped it to 10.

jeddah
01-10-2002, 01:50 PM
I don't think I could use up more'n 10 smileys in one post :), now VT...that's another matter.

VT, no, I have a tape player that conked out a year or so ago. I had listened to your tape several times, leant it to some low-maintenance friends who liked it and returned it, but I never got to replay it b4 my Sony tower carked it. I wasn't too shocked about my stereo as it was an 18th birthday present, so it lasted just over 3 months over the 10 years I had it :eek: (it was guaranteed for 10.... a conspiracy from Sony, praps???).

About 3 years ago the vinyl player gave up the ghost too which really p'd me off as I have some great vinyl 12"s - Inner City - Hallelujah, Sheena Easton - Days Like This, Dee-lite GIITH, Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - It takes 2 (containing the hopelessly over-sampled "Woo, yeah") and a squillion of janet jackson originals, S-Express, and lots of voguing tracks - predominantly from the Bootzilla Orchestra & U know who. If you compare my vinyls (bought from my age 16 - 20) with my CDs (bought from when I was 21 onwards) there is a marked difference in taste. I don't know what happened but I went from dance, early- house and pop, to what John calls "very black music" (it's always made me laugh that he - a 'brutha' - is into predominantly white hard techno music and I'm into "VBM" (aswell as "fringe" black stuff such as the odd Sade, janet, Aaliyah, DC) but I'm no wigger, I just like jazz chord progressions and well-produced music. :confused:

Speaking of Aaliyah, I enjoyed reading the MAW forum (not one that I would join as I know very little) on More Than A Woman, and must conclude that the US release has more MAW mixes than the UK. We've got one remix ~ 9 mins long on the CD and the forum boys are right, her vocals sit very awkwardly on top of the instruments and are syncopated. The person, however, who commented that if she was alive they may have been able to get live new vocals was confused methinks; in the commercial (and album) release she sings; "More than a lover, more than a woman" etc but on the MAW mix, the vocals are "More the lover, more the woman." etc so this remix may have been done beore she left us. Afterall she'd just finished the video for MTAW when she died, having spent the day shooting it..... maybe they edited with Recycle/Rebirth or perhaps - knowing the multi-vocal layers of contemp RnB music these days, they may have lifted an underlying vocal, perhaps.

I just love the bassline that comes in after 1.30 mins and and the clavi and rhodes, that's why I listen to the MAW mix. Was thinking of sampling it. I also think MAW would do a great mix of Jay-Zs "Izzo HOVA". Did you ever hear their Remixes of "You Want THis" by janet? they were good (except she now always goes for Neptunes and the awful Thunderpuss)

Okay on EP 1 & Betty mailing details. I can't get it for free at work, but with the business rates it's only going to cost me about 11.00 - 17.00 to DHL them - cool huh? :D

jeddah

good shot jansen
01-10-2002, 03:41 PM
the compilation fades in with a wonderful, almost jaunty, john williams snappy composition, "zapata, which features the twangy guitar offerings of vic flick (who gives duane eddy a run for the money as the twangiest show in town!), from that point on, it's a fabulous blend of muzical styles running from the over the top camp of tabboo, "it's natural" from wigstock, to the extremely serious, mesmerizing folk offerings of Sapo Perapaskero, "Balada Conducotorolui" from the motion picture (i love the way "motion picture", or as in hollywood lingo go's, "picture" sounds in lieu of the crass, bourgeoise moniker of "movie") :p , Latcho Drom. btw, being part hungarian, and having seen this picture ( :happy: ), it was a wonderful surprize finding this gem on my mix tape! (npw i gotta track down the soundtrack to include in me own collection!). ( :o gypsy tramps and theives, we hear it from the peopl...................):rolleyes: ;)

as i am not going to go into a full review here, i will close by saying that the entire tape provides a complete listening experience, and that upon subsequent re-listen's (and let me tell you, it's been the only thing playing in my car for more than a week now), the track listing is still fresh. and continues offering more and more delights upon each go round!

am i still tawkin toooo fast?
:eek:

np: lou reed - nyc man

JediTricks
01-11-2002, 12:29 AM
If you feel like you might go over in smilie count, simply tick the "Disable Smilies in this post" and then, once it's up, edit it and de-tick that. :)

good shot jansen
01-11-2002, 09:56 AM
just what i need in my life, another work around:rolleyes:

SWAFMAN
01-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
just what i need in my life, another work around.

is it just me, or does that quote resonate for other readers with a deep inner significance that goes way beyond the context of GSJ's post?

jeddah
01-12-2002, 06:41 AM
Hi all y'all.

I have visited this site after a jaunt around the replica props forum and the guy also collects AF and the odd Hasbro toy, but mostly is into accuracy. I saw this Amidala on throne and I have to have one (http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/collection1-wallcabinet.html) (go down the page a little)

Also, The HTF Hasbro Collection fleet SSD is here too (http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/collection2-desk-wall-shelf.html) Gods only know hwere he got this from :)

jeddah

vulcantouch
01-14-2002, 11:56 PM
"never got to replay it b4 my Sony tower carked it"
-which got "carked", the mixtape or the tower? if the latter, >whew< ; )
my fave inner citys are "united", "do you love what you feel", "pennies from heaven", "do ya" and maybe "good life" : ) fave deelite remix 12''s are "*****cat meow" & "runaway" (maw did the latter) : ) i have an s-xpress 12" remixed by Philip Glass of all people :eek: alas, it's nuthin special. not familar w/them other hacks you name ; )

"in the commercial (and album) release she sings; 'More than a lover, more than a woman' etc but on the MAW mix, the vocals are 'More the lover, more the woman'"
-it's not inconceivable that maw truncated a syllable from the lyric; after all, they do work directly from master tapes (hence their name). i take it this ain't the bee gees song?

"'You Want THis'"
-. . .deaun't you?? (palpster ;P ) maw did that? guess i'm not familiar. but then, cuz of reasons detailed here (http://www.mastersatwork.net/bb/showthread.php?threadid=198), there's lotsomaw i ain't kept up with :o

"love the bassline"
-one of maw's strengths :cool:

"clavi and rhodes"
-what're those, 2 of the duran duran boys? ; )

"going to cost me about 11.00 - 17.00 to DHL them - cool huh? "
-i'll hafta take yer word for it; $17-28 sounds like a lot 2me, but maybe dhl is the concorde of shipping? do they douse the pkgs in dom perignon or sumthin? ; )

gsj: "jaunty, john williams snappy"
-oh? i'd peg it more stark, morricone-y, spaghetti-westerny badassy : ) imo williams has great command of a symphony's pyrotechnics, but i identify more enduringly w/the poetry of others (barry for one) : )

"serious"
-i prefer "haunting", maybe even "macabre" :dead:

"love the way 'motion picture', or as in hollywood lingo go's, 'picture' sounds"
-& i luv the way "flik" types so e-z : )
"tell us something reVolTing about you." "i pick my nose. i roll em & FLIK em, but i don't eat em" -recent mag interview with FLIK star hbc :eek:

"having seen this picture"
-yeah but did you see me Hump (http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=27802#post27802) that picture :happy:

"gotta track down the soundtrack"
-though it was a frog import, i bagged mine used for <$6 : )

"still tawkin toooo fast?"
-lemme put it thusly: now i need a cigarette, & i don't even smoke : ) anyone else wanna wax it up poetic? :kiss:
so swaffy, even though it was on 2 cdrs instead of 1 120min tape, is the mix you made for gsj the same as the one for me & jdah?
vt
np: kim english, "nite life" maw mix

good shot jansen
01-16-2002, 08:32 AM
did i say williams when speaking of zapata? i meant to say barry:rolleyes:

me i couldn't give a rats patootie with regards to williams. he managed to hitch his star to some of 'ollywoods biggest directin' wagons, and poof! he's another friggin mozart:frus: wouldn't bother me at all if he kept his orchestral twinky's up in tanglewood fer good, boppin' with the pops. i can't believe i typed williams!:dead:

must be cuase i was tawkin' too fast to even notice:eek:

clavi and rhodes translation:

clavi - clavichord, keyboard string instrument dating from about 1740. bach used the instrument widely. what gives the instrument it's bright metallicy sound is that the tangents (hammers) are solid brass, striking a brass wound string. (as opposed to the piano which uses felt hammers to hit the strings)

rhodes - electric piano made by the rhodes company (formally a division of fender guitars) the rhodes unfortunately has been used to produce some of muzaks worst moments (ala styx's "babe", and bj's "just the way you are :dead: ) what produces the signiture sound of the rhodes is that the felt hammers strike a tuning fork which gives it that mellow sound. actually the rhodes is the instrument of cherce if diagonal wood is your goal.

when it comes to electric pianos. i'll take the wurlitzer over the rhodes any day of the week. most notable wurlitzer song i'd have to say is ray charles "what'd i say" the wurlitzer's got an edge to it, that the rhodes lacks.

of course, you prolly knew all this already, and i'm 'sumin' you wus mearly pullin' ol' jeddah's leg :kiss:

jeddah
01-16-2002, 03:10 PM
HI you 2

Nae worries, VT, it's the Sony that's carked, not the tape. And yes, I had considered what you posit re MAW and Aaliyah, but if they have, then it is seamless and superlative mixing. As far as "You want this", I guess you didn't realise there are 12 mixes, and MAW din't do em all, innit! :D

Gsj, thanks for explaining , but I think you;ree confusing harpsichord with Clavichord, non? For examples of Clavs, listen to Stevie Wonder's "Maybe your baby" from..... yep your favourite; "Songs in the key o' life". :p

So you like EPs.... if you like the strike of the Wurly, I guess you like a DX7 too? :)

jeddah

good shot jansen
01-16-2002, 03:38 PM
ain't it funny, that the dx-7 is still the reigning king supreme of the fm syths?:) i actuall got a two year old psr 500, that gives me enough of the 7's abilities without havin' to have a phd in electronics!

my 1st syth waaaaaay back in 75 was a micromoog, gawd i loved that thang! in 79 i sold my soul pretty much to raise the scrap fer a polymoog. what a luxury it was in those days to play more than one note at a time. sadly both instruments are no longer in my poss. my apartment was robbed back in 83, and the burgler made off with both:cry:

clavi and harps are similar instrruments, the clavi was designed for primarely the bass and mid range only. i believe the clavi came 1st, with the harpsichord as a sorta new and improved model allowing for higher ranges. this was accomplished by means of the double layered keyboard found on most harpsichords from the 18th century.

here's a link which gives a brief history of the clavichord (http://we.got.net/~djkent/MusicEssays/Clavichord1.html)

the clavi used by steivie on maybe your baby (btw one of my absolute fave wonder tunes!) (and i do believe that it is actually on tawkin' book, 2nd track, right after you are the sunshine of my life not dreck in the key of g# ;) )is indeed clavi, albiet an electric one.

when i'm tawkin' keyboard sounds with others, i too always use the word clavi when tawkin' bout that electric wah keyboard sound (another good example would be rick wakeman's journey to the center of the earth, or dave mason's ala bonnie bramletts only you know and i know)

SWAFMAN
01-16-2002, 03:55 PM
VT - other than the recording media it's identical, down to the booklet which I had the foresight to print & bind an extra copy of when I made them for you & Jeddah.

GSJ/Jeddah - regarding your comments on what makes the signature sound of a Fender Rhodes organ - have I been going on the false notion for the last 20 years that its signature sound was really due to the belt-driven spinning horn in the upper section of the speaker amp that's always connected to the keyboard?

good shot jansen
01-16-2002, 05:26 PM
that be the sound of a leslie rotating speaker cabinet whirrring away whilst greg allman is coaxing out whipping post on his hammond b3 organ. or if you perfer kieth emerson plungin' daggers into the b3 keys while draggin it around the stage all while playin leonard bernsteins america from west side story:eek:

vulcantouch
01-16-2002, 11:57 PM
-never underestimate my ignance ;) dx7? personally i want me some fx7 :) or maybe a klingon d7 tmp upgrade mm :D next choice would be paul shaffer's (http://www.whymilk.com/celebrities/pshaffer.htm) organ-o-choice, the hammond cheesemaster 3000 :p
tanglewood = beantown? lurn sumthin new evvyday :happy: since you mentioned him, i ain't crazy about mozart neither :p
vt
np: local fm jazz (http://www.kuvo.org/)

jeddah
01-17-2002, 03:44 AM
Well, U learn sumfin new every day (thanks GSJ). Twkin book, yeah TAWWWKIN book, I meant that, and Maybe Your Baby sprang to mind as a EP example because it is also possibly my fave SW song too :)

Perhaps Synclavier instead of Clavi ;)

You sold yer Moogs? You mad dog. :o

Swaffy, I never really liked the Leslie cab effect and now on my fleet of E-instruments (using DX 8i) I always switch the (assignable) effect off. reminds me of cronky ol circuses :D

jeddah
np - Tangerine Dream - NOT

good shot jansen
01-17-2002, 08:08 AM
well i guess if you call coming home from werk, findin' you're front door busted in, and all you muzical equipment gone, selling, then i guess i did sell em:rolleyes:

i don't miss em now (mainly cause i stick to the piano exclusively, in lieu of electric keybaords), but back then, hoo doggy, was i ever freaked! i ended up replacing them with an oberheim obx (most famous use is prolly van halen jump), and believe it or don't, a casio cz-100:eek: , my 1st forray into a midi syth.

unfortunately both of those are in poss of my ex:eek: , back in 86' when the marriage went south, it seemed easier at the time to just walk away, and start over in total.:o (kinda back on topic now, seeing how this here thread is titled dead line)

musical weapons still at hand in the gsj arsenal are as follows;

- steinway 1923 model O grand (my pride, my joy, my baby!)
- yamaha psr 505 synth (the only affordable syth i could find with a decent guitar sound)
- fender rhodes :eek: 77 suitecase model (sheesh, you'de think i'd sell that puppy and get me a coveted wurlitzer already:confused: )(oh well, a bird in the hand is worth............, besides, with two chillin in the house, it ain't like muzical equipment is top o' my priority list these days)
- yamaha psr 500 which is now in the sole possesion of masons lil' sister emily.
- a whole lotta honer marine band harmonicas in plenty o' different keys (back in my jammin' days, which still do happen from time to time, you never know when some smartallicky guitarist is gonna show up with a capo, and force you to harp along a 1-5-7 blues in the key of d flat :crazed: ) (E baby! it's supposed to be in the key of E sheesh)

synclavie is prolly the proper name, but i'm still gonna call it clavi!

maybe (baby), one of these day's i'll throw a cassette together o' me warblin' at the ol piana fer some listinin' pleasure (or horror) fer you guys.

jeddah
01-17-2002, 01:20 PM
And you have a 77 Fender :sur: How many AF Tie Ds and E-Wings and Arrays would I have to get you to part with that baby. Wowerama. Those things go for an absolute FORTUNE in the yUK!

Din't understand about the burglariser, sorry to hear about that...At least from a karmic POV no good will ever come out of the theft ;)

Get some choons in the can - shame we don't have upper class net connex in my house, we could liaise on a MM-oriented muso-project :D

jeddah - I can barely read music. I work by ear. You proper musos make me greener'n Yoda.:crazed:

good shot jansen
01-17-2002, 01:36 PM
never could be bothered with that written down crapola! the missus is classically trained, and can play anything you stick in front of her. me, i started tinklin' back when when i was 14, i tried the guitar, but could never figure out the frettin' and all.

i do play kinda loud tho'. i taught my self the piano by lissinin' to who tunes, and always seemed to be translatin' kieths wild ars drummin' into piano riffs.:eek:

i started writin' my own tunes, after i got tired of folks tellin' me that my version that i would play of a particular popular song at the time, was not how it sounded on the record. (well of course it don't you dimwits (not you guys, i'm tawkin now to the gauzy memory of my former high school mates!), i'm playing a tune on a solo piano, it ain't like i'm a one man band here:rolleyes: )

being that i'm self taught by ear, i rely on my fast right hand, to noodle me way out of sticky situations. i'm definately honky tonk improv all the way.

no song sounds the same when i play it twice. it always depends on the mood i'm in when i sit down to play. one of the reasons why i enjoy playing live as opposed to being stuck in the studio can, playing the dayum same break over and over and over and over and over and over.........................................

vulcantouch
01-18-2002, 02:38 PM
speakin of old equipment, in the latest ish of some uk fashion mag (elle uk maybe?) was an article about how retro technology is becomin a rage: clunky walkmans, giant headphones, brick-sized portable phones, bling-bling ghettoboxes, betamaxes, pagers, 20-year-old arcade games, colecovision, intellivision & woodgrained atari 2600 (personally i thought the 5200 looked best; i've kept one of its rotary joysticks (http://www.atari-history.com/5200joy.html) all these years cuz it looks so damn cool- turn it upside down & you got a schweet phaser :cool: )
and in another uk fashmag (http://www.allabouteve.beeb.com/talkback/page_01/) guy browning wrote a cool "free thinkin" article, and the ish before that had a cover story on some babetronic tv chef named nigella (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1336000/1336420.stm) on the cover- MAN, how come all we get is yicky ol martha stewart?? :sur:

gsj: "one of these day's i'll throw a cassette together o' me warblin' at the ol piana fer some listinin' pleasure"
-np: tandream, "exit" ;D
vt

jeddah
02-04-2002, 02:07 PM
par avion

GSJ and Mason's package including the epic pacsk and anything else I was meant to include (my memory is bad as you know, and I boxed these up in Nov or Dec)

VTs/Baal Jrs package (ditto above re contents)

VT's Betty and Ep1 mm pack with the RS in it. I also included the Egypt present in thies pack instead of the other to keep within shipping weights.

The GPO say they'll take 5 days to arrive, but I recently sent an R2-A6 to a friend and it took 7 days. I didn't bother DHL'ing them when I found out it took 3 days and Gemma would've made me cover the cost as she said the biggest thing the company (I work for) sends is promo videos for our schools so the boxes would've stood out like a sore thumb. Just a reminder that I'm covering the price of shipping on these as promised a few (number of) weeks ago so it's my prerogative to send them fast-o-mail.

par voiture
BC3s AF Aliens Drop Ship & APC plus the AF AAT.

Now you can all uncross your legs and put the rotten tomatoes away :kiss: FWIW, we pulled out of the house purchase today and told them to shove their mortgage where GSJ won't let me post :p so there was no need to "'crastinate" any longer....This also means that my address will be the same for the next nine months :cry:

jeddah

vulcantouch
02-04-2002, 04:23 PM
then i guess i better get your pkg redy2send :) so Now whattami sposed to do w/all these tomaters?? make lipstick outuvem & give u a big kiss? :kiss: vt

good shot jansen
02-04-2002, 04:54 PM
iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

**********breath********************

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilov eyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouilovey ouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouil oveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

np: the infamous - "right back at you"

:kiss:

good shot jansen
02-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by jeddah

told them to shove their mortgage where GSJ won't let me post

greater forces than me seem to be at werk, i just noticed that my sig has been edited for family viewing:confused:

da heck did that happen dammit?

jeddah
02-05-2002, 02:57 PM
.....I know your miniheads and Rancors weren't on the dispatch list, but as soon as I can afford to send them, I will. They'll need to be split up into packages so I can send them par avion too..I hope this won't affect my career chances in the furnace....

jeez, all these bises! What is a gal to do? Luckily I had a shave this morning :evil:

BTW, BC3, that package at the post office, may be from me....:o

One thing I will ensure in future is that things're sent promptly.

jeddah

good shot jansen
02-05-2002, 03:51 PM
we seem to have a cross pond lingo snag again:rolleyes: what exactly is bises, and why do you need to shave fer em?:confused:

jeddah
02-06-2002, 03:54 AM
bises = kisses

good shot jansen
02-11-2002, 02:00 PM
your package arrived today!

yahoo!

the ever elusive epic collection sets IV-VI are incredible! the scimitar assault bomber has just become my favorite star wars vehicle toy of all time!

the rounded bottom of the tafanda bay is a suprise!

the coral vanda is a much cooler ship in person. the photos do not do it justice, as i had previously thought that it was dreck before getting it!

bises bises and more bises!

i couldn't care less if you've shaven this morning or not! :kiss:

jeddah
02-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Glad you liked them - and got them ;). How funny that they were sent to me via VT from the states and have since returned :D

I hope that the packing was okay. I was more worried about the packing for VTs shipment as they were more teensy (mms) and I removed them from the packages (you know how he is about weight and efficiency :rolleyes: ) and thw SST MMs have leggy wingy bits and all Oh, and I'd like all my stands back now that BC3's sent me all these ST mms :p [j/k]

jeddah
ps. will Mason be allowed to play with them?

good shot jansen
02-13-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by jeddah
will Mason be allowed to play with them?

the scimitar bomber is already terrorizing the sky's of his bedroom!

he's wanted one forever!

one of his all time favorite books is the essential guide to vehicles, and the scimitar was always his favorite ship.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!