PDA

View Full Version : Code 3 Collectibles - Slave I!!!

Beast
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Holy Crap! That's about all that can be said about this. It's amazing looking. I really wish we could get a toy with as much detail. It's simply astonishing. I passed on the Falcon and X-Wing. But man, does the Slave 1 look tasty. I wonder if they'll do a AOTC's Jango Slave I re-paint. :)

http://www.code3.net/starwars/sw_special.asp?id=75

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
02-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I just saw this too. I got the Falcon but passsed on the X-Wing. This will be another that I have to get.

bobafrett
02-05-2004, 12:40 AM
I was hoping for a TIE fighter, but the Slave I looks sweet! Too bad I'm still paying on the Falcon, and have the X-Wing on the "WANT" list.

arctangent
02-05-2004, 04:47 AM
this is the absolute bees knees! my favourite ship from any of the films and done in such wonderful detail. its a shame i shall have to pass on getting this because of the cost. i don't know what these code 3 models cost in the states but in the uk the sell for about 250 (approx $400). way out of my league.

Tycho
02-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Not to be a Code 3 Completist, but Slave-One looks so good!

I actually don't own any of these ships from Code3 yet. Before it was a price concern. Same for Master Replicas' stuff.

My income is changing and I might be able to really delve into this high-end stuff.

The life-size statues of Fett, Vader, the Droids, Stormtrooper, Royal Guardsman etc. also interest me.

Now I'm wondering: before I limited myself to pretty much the standard Hasbro stuff.

I have 3 Hasbro Boba Fett Slave Ones, and 2 Jango Fett ones. I'd love a Playskool one of all things (truly would), so should I get this? (and with it the other 2 Code 3 ships.

Crap. I'm afraid the answer is yes, I'll be buying these. Not quite yet though - but it is Slave-One that is deeply influencing my opinion.

Nice job Code3!

Jayspawn
02-06-2004, 02:03 PM
I'd like to get the Code 3 Slave 1 or the Falcon, but I'm already tied $ with Master Replicas. I could get the Code 3 items if I cut Gentle Giant and Master Replicas but I'm not gonna do that. :p

[DSS]Pedr0
02-06-2004, 03:42 PM
I got the MF for $225 with the display case. I like it. I dunno about the Slave 1 @ $300. I will look for discounted prices tho cuz I DO WANT IT!!

mini-rock
02-09-2004, 06:39 PM
The good thing [DSS] is that they will most likely have the payment option for this as well. For me this is a no brainer. I have both the MF and X-wing, and the addition of Slave 1 is gong to be great. I do hope that C3 releases a Jango version of Slave 1 so I can display both at opposite ends of my display case. How cool would that be.:)

[DSS]Pedr0
02-09-2004, 07:06 PM
The good thing [DSS] is that they will most likely have the payment option for this as well. For me this is a no brainer. I have both the MF and X-wing, and the addition of Slave 1 is gong to be great. I do hope that C3 releases a Jango version of Slave 1 so I can display both at opposite ends of my display case. How cool would that be.:)
No brainer, most definitely. I would get the JAngo version as well. BTW, sup mini-rock, Long time no see. :p ;)

mini-rock
02-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Heh, thought I'd check out whats been going on here, but it seems pretty dead compared to RS. I haven't ventured into the movie section, but I doubt anything has changed there. ;) :D

BTW, stop following me around or people are going to talk. :p

[DSS]Pedr0
02-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Heh, thought I'd check out whats been going on here, but it seems pretty dead compared to RS. I haven't ventured into the movie section, but I doubt anything has changed there. ;) :D

BTW, stop following me around or people are going to talk. :p
Baboso!! I post here more often that you check in!!! :crazed:

mini-rock
02-09-2004, 07:28 PM
LOL! What can I say, I can't post without you. :D

Have you picked up the X-wing yet?

[DSS]Pedr0
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
LOL! What can I say, I can't post without you. :D

Have you picked up the X-wing yet?
Kinda waiting on a deal for the piece with Display case.

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Wasn't Mini-Rock's name brought up under long missing formites? I'm still waiting to see if I'll have enough disposable cash to get the X-Wing, let alone the Slave I.

mini-rock
02-10-2004, 02:46 AM
Hmm, guess I was. Cool! :)

Jayspawn
02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Glad you're still around mini-rock.

I'm really wanting a Code 3 Slave, Falcon, or X-Wing but dont have the $. I would really like a TIE Fighter though, maybe cost a little less.

mini-rock
05-26-2004, 01:44 AM
This is it folks. The last few days of May, and any day now Slave 1 will ship. Man I can't wait to get this. :)

mini-rock
05-29-2004, 10:52 AM
My Slave 1 has shipped according to the info in my account at Code 3. :D :D :D

FYI, SSG is running a contest to win the Slave 1 Signature Series ship. Check out the main page. :)

DGFD
06-01-2004, 10:07 PM
My slave 1 also shipped on May 28th, but my acrylic case has not yet shipped. I also noticed that the release date for the acrylic case has been changed to unknown on Code 3's site. I wonder what that means? Anyway, I can't wait to get this amazing ship.

mini-rock
06-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Damn! I hope that info is wrong, and maybe they did ship with Slave 1. I'll most likely give it an extra week or so to see if it ships, but if it doesn't, then I'll be putting in an order to cases for collectibles for a cover. I hope that won't be the CASE though. ;) :D

DGFD
06-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Today the status of the acrylic case says backordered with an estimated ship date of 6/11/2004. So let's see what happens. I wonder if the people that ordered the signature edition had there acrylic covers ship?

mini-rock
06-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Today the status of the acrylic case says backordered with an estimated ship date of 6/11/2004. So let's see what happens. I wonder if the people that ordered the signature edition had there acrylic covers ship?

Good question. I know that Yeh-da over at the Rebelscum forums ordered a Sig. Edition so hopefully he posts whether or not it came with the acrylic cover. So far, I think only a handful of people have even received their shipments. I haven't yet...darnit! ;) :D

mini-rock
06-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, it looks like he did receive te acrylic cover with his Slave 1 SE, so hopefully that is the case with all the others who ordered the SE as well. :)

mini-rock
06-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Got my Slave 1 LE today. Number 85/5000. Code 3 has done an amazing job on this piece. The best presentation of this ship I have seen yet. Well done. :)

dr_evazan22
06-03-2004, 10:49 PM
I haven't ordered this. Yet. But I got an email the other day with the payment plan, and it's really really tempting. Does anyone know if the cover is tall enough for in-flight display?

DGFD
06-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Mini Rock, did you end up getting the acrylic cover with your slave 1, or is it backordered for the people who preordered it also. I have not yet recieved mine yet:( , but hopefully tommarow. After reading your post here and at code 3's website, I cannot wait to see this model.

mini-rock
06-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Dr_E: Yeah the cover does fit over Slave 1 while in flight mode. Must be a pretty big cover since Slave 1 measures over 14" while on the display base. If you haven't ordered any of Code 3's products yet, I couldn't imagine a better piece for your first purchase...well maybe except a Jango Slave 1. ;) :)

DGFD: No, I didn't receive my acrylic cover with my order, but there was a notice that came with the packing slip that read the acrylic cover was not ready at the time Slave 1 was ready to ship. It did say that the plan was for it to ship the week of 6/7 so hopefully that happens. And yeah, this model is amazing. The size, detail, and paint is awesome. Hate to tease ya, but it'll just make it that much more enjoyable when yours arrives. :)

DGFD
06-04-2004, 10:00 PM
I finally recieved my Slave 1 today and I believe that the box was definetly bigger and heavier than either of the ships before it. This model is definetly amazing and I am amazed at how sturdy the model is in flight mode. Unfortunetly my display base was broken. The glass part on the bottom that the model would sit on was not properly glued down and falls out. I called Code 3 and they will be sending me a new display base with no questions asked.:classic: I also saw the note about the acrylic case. I am a little worried about displaying the model without the case; I don't want it to get broken or fall of the shelf. Oh well, the 7th is next week, so it should not be much longer. This model is probably the best so far. Keep them coming Code 3.

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 02:15 AM
Sucks about the base, but good you got your shipment. Code 3 has excellent customer service so I'm not at all surprised to hear that they are sending you another base...no questions asked.

I have my Slave 1 displayed without the cover for the time being. My biggest concern is dust, but a week or two exposed isn't anything a couple of blasts from my can'o'air can't handle. :)

dr_evazan22
06-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Well, I finally broke down and ordered it this morning. I used the payment plan. Maybe next time I'll do the smart thing and order it when first offered to get the free display case. Oh well.

Mini- I got the Falcon, and that is awesome!

Any hints on what is next? I know we're finally getting the Sandcrawler from Hasbro, but I think, with the right paint job, that this could be a beautiful piece.

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, I finally broke down and ordered it this morning. I used the payment plan. Maybe next time I'll do the smart thing and order it when first offered to get the free display case. Oh well.

Mini- I got the Falcon, and that is awesome!

Any hints on what is next? I know we're finally getting the Sandcrawler from Hasbro, but I think, with the right paint job, that this could be a beautiful piece.

Cool! Congrats dude. If you like the Falcon you'll love Slave 1. I can't get over how big this thing is. Also the case didn't come free with the LE this time, just the SE. No biggie though. Also, rumor has it the there will be an AT-AT coming, but that's been for almost a year now. There have also been rumors of a couple prequel ships coming this year, but both of these rumors were by someone who claimed to have seen prototypes, and who claimed to have inside info. Who knows. An AT-AT would be sweet, but I'm really hoping for a prequel ship next. I'm sure we will get at least one more release before the end of the year. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
06-05-2004, 05:39 PM
:cry: Still awaiting mine.

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Any info on when yours will be shipping from JD?

[DSS]Pedr0
06-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Not yet. Hopefully soon.

DGFD
06-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Slave 1 acrylic covers availbale now. My order status shows that my acrylic cover shipped today June 7th. I am looking forward to seeing how big the cover is to fit over slave 1 in flight mode. Anyway, we should be recieving our covers sometimes this week for anyone who ordered them.:classic:

mini-rock
06-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the update. I checked my account over at Code 3, but no mention of the cover shipping yet. Hopefully tomorrow. :)

dr_evazan22
06-09-2004, 09:41 PM
My Slave 1 shipped today. What service was used for you guys? Next day? 2 days? Ground?

It said that the cover was available, I'll probably order it after payday.

mini-rock
06-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Yeah, my acrylic cover shipped today. I believe the only option for shipping the SW stuff is by FedEx ground because of the size, but it only takes about four business days from CA to WA. My guess is you should have your Slave 1 by Monday. :)

I must say, with Code 3 improving on each release it'll be interesting to see what they come up with next.

mini-rock
06-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Got my cover for this today...IT'S HUGE!! Slave 1 does look damn good sitting on that base, but once the acrylic cover went on it just made it look much more elegant. I can't recommend this enough for anyone who ordered the Slave 1 LE. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
06-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Got my Slave 1 LE today. Number 85/5000. Code 3 has done an amazing job on this piece. The best presentation of this ship I have seen yet. Well done. :)
How well is the 'weathering' and paint job look on this as compared to the complaints people have made over the Falcon's paint. It looks really 'old' and like its right from ESB leaving Bespin. I have only seen from the pics tho on the 'scum.

[DSS]Pedr0
06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
No sir....jd emailed them to see whats up.

Thats odd, i posted after you and it shows up before your reply on mine.... :confused:

mini-rock
06-12-2004, 03:20 PM
I used the shot of Slave 1 following the Falcon from the ESB SE laserdisc, and that ****er looks dead on. I'm sure there may be some differences that the hardcore model builders could point out, but honestly I don't care. Where as the Falcon complaints were justified (somewhat) with Slave 1 it would just be nit-picky. Around the net there seems to nothing but praise for the Code 3 Slave 1 though.

Have you not received yours yet?

DGFD
06-12-2004, 10:52 PM
I recieved my slave 1 acrylic case yesterday and it is huge. It is by far the biggest acrylic case yet. There is more than ehough room between slave 1 and the top of the case when in flight mode. Now just to wait for my replacement display base.

mini-rock
06-17-2004, 04:26 AM
I told you it was huge DGFD. :)

Another cool thing is since there is so much room on the base with Slave 1 in flight mode that the Boba bust can also be displayed inside the case with the ship. This ship is definitely in the top three (MR Mace saber #1, Jango Blasters #2) for favorite pieces in my collection. :)

dr_evazan22
06-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Got it on Tues. VERY nice! My only problem is that FedEx leaves the figgin' box right at my door if I'm not home, which I wasn't. MR uses FedEx also. I'm lucky it wasn't stolen, as I live in an apt building.