PDA

View Full Version : Got any questions for Hasbro?

JediTricks
02-04-2004, 06:51 PM
With Toy Fair looming just around the corner, we were wondering if you had any questions for Hasbro that we could try to get answered. Keep in mind that they should be Star Wars-themed and Hasbro generally doesn't answer questions about specifics such as "are you going to do a Gungan Sub". Other than that, let's show Hasbro what's on your mind and get some questions answered. :)

Turbowars
02-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Why do you use rubbery plastic on parts that need to be ridged?

Beast
02-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Not really a question per say, but just a poke to do some more of Padme's various outfits from TPM and AOTC's that haven't been done yet. I will come up with a few questions soon though. :)

The Phantom Menace:
1. Padme Naberrie: Queen's Handmaiden
2. Queen Amidala: Senator Palpatine's Office
3. Queen Amidala: Post-Senate
4. Queen Amidala: Return to Naboo
5. Queen Amidala: Naboo Celebration

Attack of the Clones:
1. Padmé Amidala: Senate "Vampire" Outfit - (Deleted Scene)
2. Padmé Amidala: Senator Outfit
3. Padmé Amidala: Packing For Naboo Outfit
4. Padmé Amidala: Nightgown w/ Robe
5. Padmé Amidala: Outland Peasent Disguise
6. Padmé Amidala: Blue "Homecoming" Outift - (Deleted Scene)
7. Padmé Amidala: Naboo Lake Retreat Outfit
8. Padmé Amidala: Naboo Picnic Outfit
9. Padmé Amidala: Black "Temptataion" Outfit
10. Padmé Amidala: Tatooine Blue Poncho Dress
11. Padmé Amidala: Geonosian Arena Outfit (Torn Resculpt)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-04-2004, 07:35 PM
How much more old rope are you going to expect people to plonk money down for?

What was the genius thinking behind repackaging Jango fett when there are literally thousands of the original version hanging on pegs still.

Will the palace band be completed and will that include dancers?

Why so many SKUs this year when the butt end is falling out of the toys marketplace. Isn't that a little arrogant and impulsive and unwise?

Can they ensure that the factory cures the plastics properly before packaging the product to avoid the rubbery weak joints on the figures.

How about getting some actual real paint on the figures instead of just showing the figures to the paint and making do with a nano inch thickness of paint that wears off too easily or flakes off the rubbery plastics that aren't cured properly or are just cheap and nasty.

Tell them to tell randy that Jargo says hi................. :bored:

Reefer Shark
02-04-2004, 07:42 PM
I like turbowars question.

Hasbro has impressed me with all the improvements they've made over the early saga figures. But the wilting, rubbery parts have been a major let-down.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Could they possibly repackage Ephant Mon as a deluxe figure and release it? It is supposed to be a fans choice figure but it sure sounds like few fans were able to get one without paying huge amounts on the secondary market.

The usual "what's the deal with the poor distribution of their product?" Their other lines seem to be in abundance everywhere. Why not Star Wars?

What's the definite truth to why we haven't seen the Tonnika sisters yet? I can't believe it's a likeness issue. There have been plenty of characters who don't look a thing like the actors (Luke primarily, Anakin), yet we still have them and recognize them for who they are supposed to be.

More pod racers and their pilots. This is more of a suggestion than a question. they are distinct vehicle toys that can be produced inexpensively.

I'd also like to ask them about bringing back exclusive mail in figures. Put the Jedi points to an actual use, reward us dedicated fans, and give us characters we want without having to short pack them into case assortments. The auction may have been a good idea, but it turned into a circus immediately.

What about Kitak Keed'kak?

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Whats going on with wave 2 of the Cantina and accessory sets?

Is the OTC line just going othave 12 figures or are there more?

IS the CW line going ot continue with the showing of the next ten Cartoons? and if so WIll Oi Wan in Clone Armor and Speeder be made?

El Chuxter
02-05-2004, 11:42 AM
A SW question:
Given that the emphasis seems to be toward adult collectors this year, any chance of improving the plastics you use?

A SW suggestion:
Please stop introducing new characters as shortpacks in cases that are otherwise older, less popular figures. This virtually ensures that the new figures will sell in lower numbers and be impossible to find for those who want them. Shipping cases that are only new figures (with possibly one or two assortments of previously released "army builders" per year) will put the products in the hands of those who want them, discouraging scalpers and making both Hasbro and the customers happy.

A non-SW question:
If (as seems to be the case) the Transformers Alternators line sells well, are there plans to continue producing them beyond the currently available and scheduled characters (ie, to eventually include all the 1984-1985 Autobot cars)? Possibly with different sizes (smaller for Beachcomber, larger for Grapple, etc)?

Another non-SW question:
We know that there are several character names that Hasbro doesn't have the rights to anymore (Bluestreak, Hot Rod, General Hawk, etc). However, licensors of these characters (notably Dreamwave and Devil's Due) seem to be able to use these names through some technicality. Given that movies are currently in the works for the 1980s incarnations of GIJoe and the Transformers, and that you will no doubt produce tie-in action figures, how will the name issue be addressed?

DarthChuckMc
02-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Any chance they will be releasing the Super Articulated Clone Trooper in a mail away 4 pack like they did with the Commtech Stormtrooper, Tantive IV Rebel, etc.?

Any chance we can get them to STOP short packing, and only do EVEN case breakdowns to help curb the scalper trend that's been going on for almost a decade now?

Give RETAILERS the option to buy product through out the year, like online e-tailers do, instead on sending them their entire lot of cases at one time. This would not only cut out on Peg Warmers, but more stores would get a better mix of the assortments.

jedi master sal
02-05-2004, 03:05 PM
A SW suggestion:
Please stop introducing new characters as shortpacks in cases that are otherwise older, less popular figures. This virtually ensures that the new figures will sell in lower numbers and be impossible to find for those who want them. Shipping cases that are only new figures (with possibly one or two assortments of previously released "army builders" per year) will put the products in the hands of those who want them, discouraging scalpers and making both Hasbro and the customers happy.

This is ABSOLUTELY what MUST be done! Notice the shortage of SA Clones. Even now wave 2 Animated have hit stores in my area and all of my area fellow collectors can't find the Animated Clone!

Any chance they will be releasing the Super Articulated Clone Trooper in a mail away 4 pack like they did with the Commtech Stormtrooper, Tantive IV Rebel, etc.?

Any chance we can get them to STOP short packing, and only do EVEN case breakdowns to help curb the scalper trend that's been going on for almost a decade now?

Give RETAILERS the option to buy product through out the year, like online e-tailers do, instead on sending them their entire lot of cases at one time. This would not only cut out on Peg Warmers, but more stores would get a better mix of the assortments.

A 4pack of the SA Clones would be remarkable. I can say, (being someone who bought 10 sets of the Stormtrooper), that this would be a phenominal idea! I know I'd buy at least 10 sets if not more. Also please do the same with the Red Battle Droids. (Good articulation like the single carded one, NOT the one from the 3 pack seperatist set or the one that came in the deluxe Mace set!)

I've made mention of this many times that retailers SHOULD have more direct control over which cases they purchase. You know in the long run they buy THOUSANDS of cases anyway, why not give them variety that then gets passed down to we the consumers. (Who keep all of you in business!)

Retailers are getting discouraged at having to discount SW toys. They are losing money and poor distribution as well as restrictive ordering practices have severely damaged the collectability for the collectors as well as the profitability for retailers and you (Hasbro) as well.

Okay here's a question.

Do you SERIOUSLY take into account what collectors have asked for? How long does it take to implement ideas? (Especially those requested by collectors) What I'm getting at is for example: We have asked numerous times since the time of the preview clone for a highly articulated clone. It's now more than 1 1/2 years and finally after the preview, single carded red, and 3packs we get what we wanted. Why in so low of numbers?!? Also how long would it take to change how many are shipped in whatever cases?

Also a suggestion, please update your website MUCH more often. All of the major colelcting sites (like this one) report on toys MONTHS in advance of anything official from you. A high percentage of what's reported on eventually becomes a certainty. How about announcing stuff sooner. Even if you don't give a picture (which you would like to save for the unveiling at things like toyfair etc) let us know by words. You could easily say something like: Due to the OVERWHELMING response to the Super Articulated Clonetrooper, we have decided to pack these in higher numbers starting 3 moths from now. That kind of information will get everyone geared up and excited. Or you could promote new characters this way as well, just simpley stating without showing something like: Coming Summer 2004 all new Cliegg Lars. You wouldn't have to show a picture but we would know for CERTAIN that the product is being produced and would be shipped then and announce this 4-6 months before the product hits shelves. Instead of having to do mad dashes either before or right after work to 'beat' the scalpers at their game day after day. That makes many collectors very discouraged at buying your product because we don't know the availability of it and have to unfortunately compete with money grubbing scalpers.

Okay, I could go on for days, so I'll stop here.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Will you rerelease Ephant Mon due to its original rarity?

Any more plans for mail-aways or JMPs since 2004 items are still being shipped with them?

JT, please let them know thanks much for inclusion of figure stands with most of the new figures. I really appreciate them as accessories.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Well, I have a few non-specifics and a few specifics. Here we go:

Is the Falcon being released, a new sculpt or the same with minor changes? If it's the same, is there any chance we'll ever get one in scale?

Is the Clone Wars line done? Any chance for Clone Armor Speeder Bike Obi-Wan, AT-TE, Grevious (all real style)?

Most rereleases are main characters, but are there chances we'll get some of these repacked? Ephant Mon, Super Articulated Clone Trooper, Deluxe Kamino Obi-Wan and Jango (main characters anyway), Sio Bibble, Battle Queen Amidala (main character), Pit Droids 2-pack, TC-14, R2-B1, COMMTech Leia (main character), COMMTech Motti

How's about a nice Death Star II/Endor Luke to go with the kickarse Jabba's Palace one?

What figures will be added to the Ultra assortment?

What figures will be in the Trilogy line?

Is Cantina Wave 2 gonna happen in wide release?

Will any more silver figures be produced after the TRU clone in March?

Any more playsets and vehicles other than the ones already announced?

Is the Trilogy X-wing Red Leaders', is it a new one we haven't yet heard about, or is it a repack of an old one?

Will the Fan Club have any more exclusives?

What about the Sandcrawler, is it on or off? New or old? In the Trilogy line, maybe?

Any more offerings for JMPs? How about stands?

I'm sure I could think of a lot more, but those are just a few.

Rogue II
02-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Along with the Cantina Wave 2, what about the second wave of the Accessory sets?

Why is the Hoth Rebel Soldier so short compared to the rest of the line?;)

plasticfetish
02-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Are you going to do a Gungan Sub?

Oh, wait... sorry! I'll think of something more constructive later.
In the mean time, I'll be laughing at Jargo's "How much more old rope are you going to expect people to plonk money down for?"

TheDarthVader
02-05-2004, 11:04 PM
How many EXCLUSIVE 3 3/4" figures, deluxe figurse, or packs such as cantina packs or accessory sets are planned for 2004?

Where is Ephant Mon? We need more!

jedi master sal
02-06-2004, 08:49 AM
WHAT'S UP WITH ACTION FLEET!

They had 2 waves ready to go and stopped cold turkey.

What happened? why? will those two previous wave ever be released?

the two waves I'm talking about are:

Jedi Starfighter
Mon Calamari Cruiser
Star Destroyer

and

Homing Spider droid (large straight 4 legged droid with radar dish on top)
Anakin's Airspeeder
Zam's Airspeeder

Beside those, are there any further plans to produce more action fleet? Will these be stopped so abruptly after EPIII as well? What can we as consumer do to help keep the Action Fleet line alive? (Besides buying more...)

Turbowars
02-06-2004, 08:11 PM
What is the future of the 12" line? What is coming in the near future? Are there any exclusives set for 04 or 05? Can we expect any other figures other than the 12' Trilogy line?

Kidhuman
02-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Can we expect any other figures other than the 12' Trilogy line?

Since when did Hasbro make a 12 foot line?

stillakid
02-06-2004, 09:46 PM
With Toy Fair looming just around the corner, we were wondering if you had any questions for Hasbro that we could try to get answered. Keep in mind that they should be Star Wars-themed and Hasbro generally doesn't answer questions about specifics such as "are you going to do a Gungan Sub". Other than that, let's show Hasbro what's on your mind and get some questions answered. :)

Dear Hasbro,

You KNOW that people want more than one Clone/Storm/Bikerscout/Hoth/Rebel .... Trooper, so why do you insist on packing them so lightly? I personally have NEVER seen a superarticulated Clone in the stores and only through the goodwill of a nearby fellow collector have I been able to touch one myself. Are you so naive as to think that people only collect one of each thing?

Ditto on the rubber parts query. I was looking forward to the Waitress Droid, but that wheel support was an incredibly bad idea from the start. Didn't you guys test this before churning them out by the thousands?

Please hook up with the INSIDER/Fanclub or whatever and offer army builder multi-packs. The Stormtrooper 4 packs were great and I took advantage of the opportunity. I sure that you would have no problem clearing out a warehouse full of S/A Clones or other army builders if you offered them up.

Why are "Fan Choice Figures" so damn hard to find? Of all the figures you put out there, these should be the easiest by far to obtain, yet that isn't the case. Again, being that they are a "Fan Choice," you should offer them through the club or the Insider being that they are, you know, fan club outlets.

Thanks for the Episode name/number on the sides of the cardbacks. :) Please keep that up until the bitter end.

Turbowars
02-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Since when did Hasbro make a 12 foot line?HaHa, here's the other (') for you.

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Dear Hasbro,

Can I have a job working in your toy and development area. I would require a salary of no less than $40,000, while receiving all the free action figures that are put out. Thanks

-Matt

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah, why don't they have a contest (not one judged on size of collection or number of JMPs) and the ten or so winners get to pick five or so figures for Hasbro to produce? Or even just one figure, but more people win. This could work, but some people would pick really dumb choices I bet. Still a thought. :)

Turbowars
02-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah, why don't they have a contest (not one judged on size of collection or number of JMPs) and the ten or so winners get to pick five or so figures for Hasbro to produce? Or even just one figure, but more people win. This could work, but some people would pick really dumb choices I bet. Still a thought. :)Yeah, I could see someone picking a new Jarjar.

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 11:37 AM
No way! We need a new sculpted Ugnaught over Jar Jar, or even a Jawa.

-Matt

Turbowars
02-07-2004, 11:44 AM
No way! We need a new sculpted Ugnaught over Jar Jar, or even a Jawa.

-MattYeah, I know we do, but I said I could see one of the winners going with some crappy JJB or remake we don't need. Hasbro does that on their own.

Kidhuman
02-07-2004, 12:43 PM
The only problem I see with that is a bunch of kids winning it and getting 37 new Lukes. Maybe Hasbro should do a reality TV show like the apprentice. Oh, and BTW, I would pick Kid human to be a figure. The must have of the century.

Beast
02-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, we still do need Jar Jar Binks: Senator (Apartment Outfit). And a resculpt of the action posed Jar Jar Binks: Senator (Senate Speech Outfit) isn't out of the question. You're damn right someone would pick Jar Jar. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 12:52 PM
I agree with Kidhuman......not the part about the figure, but about the reality series. :D

-Matt

JediTricks
02-08-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm afraid I've already danced with Hasbro on the Action Fleet issue, but I'll try to let 'em know that the questions have come up again. :(

B'Omarr Monkey
02-09-2004, 12:09 PM
This is more of a suggestion than a question, but it seems that it would make sense to offer retailers the ability to assemble their own case assortments rather than only supply the rigid assortments available. If a retailer is faced with pegs full of Zam Wessel or Pilot Jango Fett, they are not going to order more cases that even contain a single one of these figures.

If 20 customers come up to a store manager and ask if they have the assortment with Ephant Mon, and Ephant Mon comes as 1 figure in an assortment of peg warmers, they are certainly not going to order more, but if the manager could call Hasbro and ask for a case of Ephant Mons and SA Clone Troopers for example, they might be more willing to order more knowing that they will be sold, and that in ordering these cases they won't be stuck with more of the same figures that they already can't move.

This way key characters, allegedly aimed at kids, such as Luke and Obi-Wan, and even Darth Maul could still be had as needed. How many of us are familiar with regional distribution differences? My peg warmers are somebody elses desperate needs and vice versa.

A simpler way would just be to charge an extra buck a figure + shipping and forget TRU and the others and sell the stuff themselves directly to us. This might even be the best way to go for all of the obscure figures we want, but that Hasbro doesn't want to gamble on being of interest to the general consumer.

DarthQuack
02-09-2004, 12:47 PM
That is a pretty good idea, I agree with you, although may be tough to pull off, making so many different cases.

-Matt

This is more of a suggestion than a question, but it seems that it would make sense to offer retailers the ability to assemble their own case assortments rather than only supply the rigid assortments available. If a retailer is faced with pegs full of Zam Wessel or Pilot Jango Fett, they are not going to order more cases that even contain a single one of these figures.

If 20 customers come up to a store manager and ask if they have the assortment with Ephant Mon, and Ephant Mon comes as 1 figure in an assortment of peg warmers, they are certainly not going to order more, but if the manager could call Hasbro and ask for a case of Ephant Mons and SA Clone Troopers for example, they might be more willing to order more knowing that they will be sold, and that in ordering these cases they won't be stuck with more of the same figures that they already can't move.

This way key characters, allegedly aimed at kids, such as Luke and Obi-Wan, and even Darth Maul could still be had as needed. How many of us are familiar with regional distribution differences? My peg warmers are somebody elses desperate needs and vice versa.

A simpler way would just be to charge an extra buck a figure + shipping and forget TRU and the others and sell the stuff themselves directly to us. This might even be the best way to go for all of the obscure figures we want, but that Hasbro doesn't want to gamble on being of interest to the general consumer.

Kidhuman
02-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Trust me Matt, if hasbro offered up cases of SA troopers on their website, they would have no problem getting rid of them. And think about it this way, only make the case to order. That way, no over production is done. Or limit the case order to 10,000 cases. First come first serve. Just gotta beat Tycho to them

Darth Trymybestus
02-09-2004, 01:35 PM
I have a question for Hasbro!

I want a Luke Skywalker - Endor Gear:

* With removeable helmet (kinda like the red Episode I Naboo Royal Guard figure).

* Excellent sculpt, very similar to the Luke Jabba's Palace.

* Nice lightsaber.

* Removeable Soft Goods Poncho.

That way, hopefully, we'd get a nice articulated, neutrally posed, well sculpted Luke Skywalker - Death Star II.

Who agrees??? :)

Kidhuman
02-09-2004, 01:36 PM
ANy thooughts on making a SA line with various igures?

slick169
02-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Here Here for B'Marr O Monkey. Cases of one figure should be available as fill in for dealers. This has been brought up many times but falls upon deaf ears at Hasbro. They did it once that I know of after the 1st release of the EP1 figures when Darth Maul was in such short supply. I was kind of hoping it would be a new trend but I guess its not.

The idea of them selling direct is appealing too but I think it may cost them too much to staff it. I would be willing to pay another buck and the S&H if they did do it.

KidHuman your right! They never had a 12 foot line but they never had "igures" eithier. HA HA you opened yourself up to that.

JediTricks
02-09-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm afraid a large point of these funky case assortments is to push product the retailer doesn't really want to buy. Retailers generally wouldn't buy Padme figures for example, so Hasbro has to kinda force the retailers to take them by packing them in with stuff that the stores DO want to order. As I understand it, the retailers are generally fussy about what SW figures they want, they would want to play it very safe and only get kid-friendly figures like Lukes and Vaders because they're proven winners; retailers are the reason why Lott Dod and Shmi figures didn't come out in the Ep 1 line, they said they didn't want to see more of certain types of figures, so it's a bit of a balancing act.

I'll put it on the list, but I can't even guarantee it'll get asked.

jedibear
02-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Any chance of Hasbro selling accessory sets for 12" figures? Maybe themed ones here too like "JEDI" with some robes, lightsabers, comlinks, etc...
Any chance on seeing some cool NEW 12" exclusives? Please, no more retreads ala speederbike with whoever...
Don't laugh, but how about some more Portrait Edition figures featuring not only some more Amidala outfits, but some deluxe female Jedi such as Luminara Unduli or Shaak Ti? Or interesting deluxe treatments of characters like Lama Su & Taun We

I'm really concerned about the action collection...it's entries are getting few and far-between and very re-hashed or cheap. Any chance of this changing?

Banthaholic
02-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Any answers yet? I know I'm not the only one dying for some more info. I suppose they'll get here eventually 'he has no patience'

JediTricks
02-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Steve told me that Hasbro was doing this differently from usual including no questions, so I think we're going to have to send them to Hasbro HQ right after Toy Fair. It's going to take me a while to sort through which questions are usable, which questions I'll need to edit, and which ones can't be used.

jedihunter25
02-18-2004, 01:35 AM
O.K. here's my questions-

Where's the Sandcrawler?
We get a Cloud Car Pilot, but where's the Cloud Car?
Any chance for a Jabba's Sailbarge?
Can we get the rest of the Ewoks from the vintage Kenner line?

Any new figs from TPM?-
Any new vehicles from TPM (Sith Infiltator, Gungan Sub)?

Any new figs from AOTC?
How about an AT-TE?
Dooku's Solar Sailer?

Where's the Clone Wars Line?
Obi in Clone outfit w/ speederbike?
More Animated Clone wars figures?

jedihunter25
02-18-2004, 01:36 AM
O.K. here's my questions-

Where's the Sandcrawler?
We get a Cloud Car Pilot, but where's the Cloud Car?
Any chance for a Jabba's Sailbarge?
Can we get the rest of the Ewoks from the vintage Kenner line?

Any new figs from TPM?-
Any new vehicles from TPM (Sith Infiltator, Gungan Sub)?

Any new figs from AOTC?
How about an AT-TE?
Dooku's Solar Sailer?

Where's the Clone Wars Line?
Obi in Clone outfit w/ speederbike?
Any More Animated Clone Wars figures?

jedihunter25
02-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Sorry, it came up twice when I tried editing it

InsaneJediGirl
02-18-2004, 02:46 PM
I would just like to know as many others do if an Ephant Mon will be re-released in any shape or form.

Turbowars
02-18-2004, 09:17 PM
I have a question for Steve. Where are the answers?:confused:

Kidhuman
02-18-2004, 09:26 PM
My last and final question is for them to clear this whole mess up. Which figures are SA and which are OTC?(a list would be helpful and pics of the cardbacks as well) And why, oh why are the SA 10 bucks and not 5?

B'Omarr Monkey
02-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm with Jedibear about the portrait editions. Including the female Jedi is a good idea, too. I stopped buying the 12" line long before Ep. I simply because they were getting hard to come by + the quality of the figures soon became abyssmal. I did buy all the portrait edition Amidalas though, and was disappointed they stopped making them.

I's like to see some more of the beasts too. The Colo Clawfish would be great for one.

mylow thehutt
02-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Wheres fan choice 6 or 7 or.....um what number are they on?

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 10:57 PM
I have a question for Steve. Where are the answers?:confused:No chance to ask them yet, as I already explained in this post:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=310525&postcount=39

-Durge-
02-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Any more AOTC Jedi?

plasticfetish
02-22-2004, 06:27 AM
I lost track of this thread (couldn't find it again), so just in case it's not too late to ask...

Getting my specific and most easily ignored questions out of the way first.
How's about a 12" C-3PO from Episode 2? Nothing gimmicky, just that multicolored paint job. (Any other droids you feel like doing, just go right ahead also.)
Playsets? Any chance that they'll happen to go along with this OTC thing? Lars homestead? Hoth rebel base? Death Star? Yoda's hut? Jabba's palace?

Less specific now.
Anything in development for episode 3 at this point? Just how early does it all begin? When do they start handing you resource material? Any special ideas for how you'll handle the line for this next and "last" Star Wars film? Anything that you'll do differently, or maybe the same that you did with past lines?

Marketing question, (because I'm boring.)
It seems that your marketing of the Star Wars line has been extremely passive in the past. Particularly, I'm thinking about how little TV, etc. promotion that I'd seen given to the Episode 2 or Saga figures. How there's been basically none in the past year at all. Now it seems that there's some momentum built up with the interest in the Clone Wars cartoon, the DVD release and the OTC line that you've announced. (All aside from any hype that may develop as we near episode 3.) Any plans to more aggressively promote the Star Wars line in the future? I'm talking about to "kids" here mostly I suppose.

JediTricks
02-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Ok, I've got 50 questions going out which is such a large number that it almost certainly is going to be a... "handful" for Hasbro to deal with. I don't know how many will be answered, but at the very least I hope these questions give Hasbro a greater idea of what is on the collecting community's mind.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks JT. Hopefully we can get at least 50% or more answered.

JediTricks
03-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, we've heard back from Hasbro, apparently we're not getting any answers. I can't tell you how frustrating this is. Basically, we send Hasbro these 50 questions from all sorts of collecting points of view, and when they finally get back to us on it they say they would include them in the questions they answer on their own site! Gee, how tempting, we go through all this trouble because they made it seem like we'd actually get some questions answered and they end up shining us, instead relegating it to their website that has answered a whole 8 questions in the last year! Why, at that rate we'll get all our questions answered in only a decade. No thanks!

Kidhuman
03-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Another reason to call them Hasblo!!

Turbowars
03-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Another reason to call them Hasblo!!Oh god you shouldn't call Hasbro that Kid. JJB will be very very upset. Please refrain from using any other name but Hasbro.:speech:

darthzirock
03-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh god you shouldn't call Hasbro that Kid. JJB will be very very upset. Please refrain from using any other name but Hasbro.:speech:

Yes, call them Hasbroken instead! :rolleyes:

B'Omarr Monkey
03-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, I appreciate the effort, JT. At the very least it made for some good exchanges here, and I think there were a lot of good questions. Let's hope they at least read the list and pass it around amongst themselves. Maybe some good will come of it anyway.

Someone's got to be optimistic.

SWL123
03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Just one....

WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED WITH THE ENTIRE DEATH STAR II WAVE?!

LUKE-S**T
VADER_S**T
EMPEROR-S**T

REDO UM, AND MAKE UM RIGHT!!

SERIOUSLY DO THE CLASSIC FIGURERS IN A "FINALIZED VERSION" W/ ARTICULATION AND LOTS OF ACCESORIES AND NEUTRAL POSES AND AWSOME SCULPTS. BE THE HASBRO/KENNER I USED TO LOVE!

ok Im done!!