PDA

View Full Version : New clone Wars T-shirts coming to Hot Topic!

ESjediknight
02-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey Everybody,
I thought I'd pass along some info that fell in my lap yesterday.
I work for Hot Topic ( I manage the store in the Media City Center in Burbank, CA.)anyways I'm a huge SW fan and everybody I work with knows it.
One of the buyers contacted me and let me know that in March we will be getting a cool new Clone Wars Yoda T-shirt. The great thing about the shirt is that it has Yoda pointing and it says " Pull my finger".
How great is that?
Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas for T- shirts I can pass them along.
Sorry I already suggested he change "finger" to "saber"! HA!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2004, 04:44 PM
The chance to make a really good shirt, and they blew it.

ESjediknight
02-05-2004, 05:07 PM
The chance to make a really good shirt, and they blew it.
What would you like to see on a T-shirt? I can forward any info on and see if they can make it happen.

Reefer Shark
02-05-2004, 05:34 PM
I dont really wear any SW t-shirts, but I think it's cool that they're making clone wars stuff.

Anything to push Clone Wars is cool with me. Hopefully people will wear shirts, buy the toys & comics. The more popular it gets, the better the chances are that we'll get more awesome CW cartoons & animated figures!

BTW: Hot Topic is a neat store. All kinds of goodies there.

El Chuxter
02-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Why would Yoda be saying, "Pull my finger"? It would've been funnier if it was, "My finger pull."

Still, it's anticlimactic. Kinda like waiting over ten years for an Edward Scissorhands shirt, then someone produces one of the cool pose from the show & tell session, but it has a huge caption that says, "Cockadoodledoo! Where's the beef, fatboy?"

I mean, how many things did Yoda actually say that would make funny captions? "Judge me by my size do you?" comes right to mind.

ESjediknight
02-05-2004, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=El Chuxter]Why would Yoda be saying, "Pull my finger"? It would've been funnier if it was, "My finger pull."

Well, We have had t-shirts in the past of Yoda.One just had a picture of him and the other had a pic of him and it said Do there is no try.
I will pass it along that they should change it to say "My Finger pull" but it maybe too late for that shirt but I can forward on other ideas for T's if you have them.:evil:

ESjediknight
02-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I dont really wear any SW t-shirts, but I think it's cool that they're making clone wars stuff.

Anything to push Clone Wars is cool with me. Hopefully people will wear shirts, buy the toys & comics. The more popular it gets, the better the chances are that we'll get more awesome CW cartoons & animated figures!

BTW: Hot Topic is a neat store. All kinds of goodies there.Thanks for the reply!
I'm working on trying to get even more Clone War T's if this one does well.

Dr Zoltar
02-05-2004, 07:05 PM
I'd like a simple T-Shirt with a rebel or imperial symbol on it. Maybe something written in a SW alien language as well. I'm not into the "bathroom humor" stuff like "pull my finger".

ESjediknight
02-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I'd like a simple T-Shirt with a rebel or imperial symbol on it. Maybe something written in a SW alien language as well. I'm not into the "bathroom humor" stuff like "pull my finger".
I'll make sure I pass this info on. I have asked for similar things in the past and I think when it gets closer to EpIII I'll be able to get them to do something like those ideas.
We did have a t-shirt of the Imperial logo when EpII was out so that should be no problem! Thanks for the feedback.:evil:

bobafrett
02-05-2004, 11:41 PM
I picked up all the last series of Star Wars shirts, like the Vader "Who's your Daddy?" shirt, but my favorite one was the caricature Stormtrooper, in fact one of my friends had that Stormtrooper image tattooed on his arm. The Fett as a close second choice. I probably have over 40 SW t-shirts. I'd love to see a caricature of a Tusken holding his Gaffi stick over his head. There are so many other choices than another Yoda, like something with Clonetroopers, or 3PO.

As you can see by my current Avatar, I have a set of Stormtrooper armor, as well as a Tusken outfit.

ESjediknight
02-06-2004, 01:17 AM
I picked up all the last series of Star Wars shirts, like the Vader "Who's your Daddy?" shirt, but my favorite one was the caricature Stormtrooper, in fact one of my friends had that Stormtrooper image tattooed on his arm. The Fett as a close second choice. I probably have over 40 SW t-shirts. I'd love to see a caricature of a Tusken holding his Gaffi stick over his head. There are so many other choices than another Yoda, like something with Clonetroopers, or 3PO.

As you can see by my current Avatar, I have a set of Stormtrooper armor, as well as a Tusken outfit.Hey Bobafrett,
Cool idea about the Tusken raider.I'll make sure I pass that idea along.:mad:

Kidhuman
02-06-2004, 01:33 AM
My other shirt is a Jedi Robe.

bobafrett
02-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey Bobafrett,
Cool idea about the Tusken raider.I'll make sure I pass that idea along.:mad:

Why the Mad Emoticon ESjediknight? :confused:

:D and make someones day!

ESjediknight
02-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Why the Mad Emoticon ESjediknight? :confused:

:D and make someones day!
Fear....Anger......the Darkside! :(..........:mad:.........:evil:!
HA!

InsaneJediGirl
02-07-2004, 06:28 PM
I like the idea of Clone Wars Shirts but not pull be finger.Its just...dumb for Star Wars.Does Hot Topic have a website?We dont have these stores around here :(

bobafrett
02-08-2004, 12:49 AM
I like the idea of Clone Wars Shirts but not pull be finger.Its just...dumb for Star Wars.Does Hot Topic have a website?We dont have these stores around here :(

Sure do IJG, go here:

http://www.hottopic.com/default.asp?S1=OVR&S2=hot+topic

I found Star Wars T's in my size, the I wasn't able to find at any of their retail locations in my area. Buying from the site can also save you sales tax, and they ship for a fair price.

InsaneJediGirl
02-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks Bobafrett :)

darthvyn
03-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Kinda like waiting over ten years for an Edward Scissorhands shirt, then someone produces one of the cool pose from the show & tell session, but it has a huge caption that says, "Cockadoodledoo! Where's the beef, fatboy?"

holy crap, that's the funniest thing i've read in a long time! i would buy that shirt in an INSTANT!!!