PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Places to Find Saga Figures

tgr3328
02-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks to Silent Chazz, I heard about the $2 deluxe figures at Dollar General. What other out-of-the-ordinary places have you found saga figures?

Yes, I know that actually finding them at Walmart, Target, or TRU could be characterized as unusual. What I mean is, have you found them in any stores where they haven't been selling them before?

I wouldn't be surprised to find some of the early Saga figures in a dollar store and I did find some KB four-packs in Sears over the Christmas shopping season.

angellus
02-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Since my local TRUs and Wal-Marts have had the same dusty FX-7s and Amidala Royal Decoys on the pegs for roughly a year now, I've actually found some new(er) figures at out-of-the-way places like drug stores. Now I haven't turned up anything like the latest Jabba's Palace assortment, but I found figures like Han Solo Hoth Rescue and Snowtrooper the Battle of Hoth at a local drug store called Rite Aid. Walgreens, CVS and even Brooks have been carrying assortments of Saga figures that I haven't seen in the toy stores with great frequency. They're a few bucks more expensive but better than TRUs selection of figures that came out two years ago! Hope that helps.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2004, 04:18 PM
My wife used to work in medical records in a SoCal hospital and she showed me the lower abdominal x-ray of a patient and I saw a Boba Fett in his

Oh wait, you mean to buy figures. I've found Big Lots to be an odd place to find stuff every once-in-a-while. They had EP1 figures a few years back. I once went into a model airplane shop and they guy was reselling CT Lukes and Millenium Falcon Gunner Stations that were once bought at Wal-Mart. The green clearance tags were still on each of them and he wanted about $7 for each. Talk about being out of touch.

CrossWizard
02-05-2004, 05:09 PM
I think K-mart and EBX are the only rare places I can say I've found Star Wars figures.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-05-2004, 11:41 PM
I've made some pretty good finds at local CVS stores as well as Stop & Shop which is a grocery store chain in the northeast. The figures tend to run about $8.00 a piece, but the Stop & Shop I usually shop at still has 5 SA Clone Troopers in its toy aisle. I can't say any of my finds a have been earth shaking, but I did find the Imperial Officer with the second face sculpt and the POJ Scouttrooper, and Sandtrooper back when they weren't anywhere else, so luck does happen. Since the stuff varies in terms of the recentness of the waves that seem to appear on the shelves, I'm still hoping I'll find Ephant Mon this way.

bobafrett
02-06-2004, 12:25 AM
I found some Saga figures at Jewel/Osco food stores here in Illinois, but passed on them since they were asking $7.99, and I had the three they had on the 1 peg.

Kidhuman
02-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Found a few at CVS that I needed. They were a bit more, but when no one else had em, they did.

DarthQuack
02-06-2004, 10:15 AM
I remember back in 1999 when the first wave of Episode I came out a few days before they were supposed to be out at a Rite Aid.

-Matt

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-08-2004, 12:59 PM
I remember back in 1999 when the first wave of Episode I came out a few days before they were supposed to be out at a Rite Aid.

It seemed like every major retail drug store had some Episode 1 stuff to peddle. I remember finding them at Eckerds, Walgreens, Rite-Aids, and CVS in addition to the retail stores like Targets. I also saw them at educational toy stores, that normally sold stuff like puzzles and learning toys. Don't forget even Dollar Tree's carried those Episode 1 fish-like creatures from Naboo that came in immersed in goo. Do you also remember the great Tricon Episode 1 fast-food products that were available at Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC. It cost me a lot of $ in gasoline and eventually E-bay to complete that collection.

That was part of the reason why that line bombed, because everyone and their grandmother carried some sort of Episode 1 product.