PDA

View Full Version : Toys R' Us Jedi Set

DarkArtist
02-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Just found the new exclusive 4pck of Jedi at the East Brunswick TRU. The set is just lame. The Obi Wan from Coruscant chase with Secura's Lightsaber, not even his own. Both Plo Koon and the Nikto Lightsaber have been repainted with black highlights and the Tinn is just the same one from the POTJ line. I wonder why Hasbro even thought this would be something that would sell. The Containment field that comes with the set is not that great. All in all this a set that should be sold for under $10.
If this is what we can expect from Hasbro I wonder what the Carkoon set and possible future sets are going to look like. :frus:

Kidhuman
02-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Am I glad I passed on this set now. The only 4-pack I wanted toget was the Hoth one and I never saw it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-08-2004, 12:09 PM
The Jedi 4-pack is the only one I passed up on. It looks like to me Hasbro had a lot of their Episode II stock just just laying around, so they decided to resculpt, repaint, repackage their figures, put in a cheap accessory and then slap a $20 price tag.

I can't criticize Hasbro totally though. I especially liked the Hoth 4-pack and for someone who missed out on POTF, the Bounty Hunter set was great to open.

JEDIpartner
02-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Am I glad I passed on this set now. The only 4-pack I wanted toget was the Hoth one and I never saw it.
My God! There are tons of these things sitting on the shelves everywhere I go. I have no idea how you missed this one. I'd suggest going to the website and ordering one off of Amazon.com.

Kidhuman
02-09-2004, 09:05 AM
The only TRU nearme is an hour away. When I have checked there while in that area, they had 380 Jango pilots and 26 Zuttons. Although I havent been there in a few months

DarthQuack
02-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Maybe they are down to 200 Jangos and 14 Zuttons?

-Matt

B'Omarr Monkey
02-09-2004, 09:29 AM
This is the only one of these sets I'm skipping as well. Nikto without the hood was the only attraction, but there's nothing else in here to pad it out. I can't even just pass the other three figures on to my kids since they already have them.

The other sets at least had decent accessories; Aurra Sing's swoop bike, the droid plus all the weapons that came with the Imperial's, the Tauntaun w/split belly and droid that came with the Hoth set. This one comes with a circle full of force lightning? Lame.

I applaud the idea of these sets. These would be a great way to reuse the molds from those hard to find Ep 1 accesory sets to pad out a box. Throw in some of the foreign pit droids, one of the figures that were sculpted, but never released and a couple old ones with maybe a repaint job and they could work well.

Just imagine how easy it would be to repaint some rebel pilots and their helmets, reapint a couple astromech droids,throw them in a box with some accessories for 20 bucks, and Hasbro would be happy, and we'd be happy.

My fear though is that between the lame Jedi set and the upcoming Carkoon set, which offer nothing new, the 4-pack sets will be killed off--not because we're not intereseted in them, but because Hasbro's not giving us anything we want in them.

Silent Chazz
02-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I saw only the Jedi Warriors 4pack at the TRU when I was in Amarillo this past Saturday. I almost laughed in the middle of the store at how many of these were still on the shelf. Then I almost cried because I was interested in either the Hoth 4pack or the BH 4pack and the TRU didnt have either.

slick169
02-09-2004, 07:04 PM
I've been in 3 different TRU and all I've seen is the Jedi 4 packs. These things looked like some junk you'd get at a dollar store. Keep them Hasbro.

DarthQuack
02-09-2004, 11:29 PM
I have seen 3 out of the 4 at my local TRU, and I haven't been that impressed from the packaging to some of the sculpts. I will be passing on these.

-Matt

Reefer Shark
02-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Yep... This is the first crappy offering in the TRU 4 packs IMO.

It's really to bad, I think they could've done so much better with this idea.....:zzz: