PDA

View Full Version : Jek Porkins

Huckleberry Josh
12-07-2001, 03:45 PM
I got that Jek figure and it was kind of a disappointment. They should have made him a little fatter with his gut hanging out. The figure is just too thin. They should have included a piece of KFC ckicken as Jek's weapon. What do you guys think?

jedi master sal
12-07-2001, 03:47 PM
just be glad they even came out with him

JediCole
12-07-2001, 04:52 PM
I think Huckleberry just found a back issue of Toy Fare that came out long before the Jek Porkins figure was even announced as a reality. The boys at TF mocked up a whole mess of humorous takes on potential Star Wars figures, including a "blasted" Greedo with a gaping hole drilled straight through him (oh if they only knew what Hasbro was going to hide under G's vest less than a year later!). One of the figures was the Jek man, compete with sagging, hairy gut protruding from his flight suit. And what did he have tightly gripped in his hand? Why if memory serves, it was a chicken leg, complete with a healthy bite taken out of it.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane, Huck!

Rollo Tomassi
12-07-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
just be glad they even came out with him

I agree. The chances of this guy ever being made were slim to none. Sometimes Hasbro suprises us... so quit complainin':(

jedi master sal
12-07-2001, 05:34 PM
yeah!!!

says a group of mentally deficient Jawas as they raise themselves up to full height!!!!

Utini!!!!!!

GNT
12-07-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
They should have included a piece of KFC ckicken as Jek's weapon

KFC chicken was never in the film so the figure wouldnt come with any :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-07-2001, 10:54 PM
Quote:

<<The chances of this guy ever being made were slim to none. >>

Don't you mean gargantuan? :p

It looks like most of the Jeks in my area have finally found a home. Fatty was clogging up the pegs all summer long, but Wal-Mart clearanced him and K-mart is down to one left. Now Ketwol has taken over that position. :cry:

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 05:07 AM
I like it when thet put out figures of the people that are not the main stars.It lets you expand your collection and gives you a reason to buy more figures.[But honey I don't have that one yet.]

Jayspawn
12-10-2001, 02:44 PM
I like Porkins. He's a great figure. I'm glad Hasbro made him.

(A cheeseburger accessory would be funny, :O)

El Chuxter
12-12-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
I think Huckleberry just found a back issue of Toy Fare that came out long before the Jek Porkins figure was even announced as a reality. The boys at TF mocked up a whole mess of humorous takes on potential Star Wars figures, including a "blasted" Greedo with a gaping hole drilled straight through him (oh if they only knew what Hasbro was going to hide under G's vest less than a year later!).

Remember the in-depth article of how to fake a defeated Maul and trick your friends? And a year later--not one, but two split-apart Mauls! :D I only wish they'd had the "URRRRK!!" CommTech lines. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. . . . Porkins, defeated Maul, blasted Greedo. . . . Maybe we should petition ToyFare to spotlight characters we want made!

jedi master sal
12-12-2001, 11:55 AM
How about a post Sarlaac pit Boba Fett. Yeah!!!
I've never heard of that one before.

BTW jek kinda works for a good custom ie Vorrt saBinRing (piggy) from the x-wing series (wraith squadron).

JEDIpartner
12-12-2001, 12:12 PM
Did they make this one up from "Jamaican Jerk Pork"?

Just curious... :confused:

jedi master sal
12-12-2001, 12:15 PM
that certainly would spice things up!
pun fully intended......

I've had jerk pork and its hot hot hot.

(i don't think they got the idea for him from there though)

Starfig873
12-12-2001, 12:27 PM
This is a great figure! Hasbro did a nice sculpt job on Jek so what's to complain for? He even has the nifty removable helmet.

I just like to compare scrawny boy Luke with his wrinkly loose flight suit to Jek's nearly bursting flight suit. ;)

All we need now from ToyFare's ideas...Ronto dung Jawa. The kids would love the ronto's ahem, action feature! Fun for the whole family :D

Huckleberry Josh
12-12-2001, 08:45 PM
I agre with Obi-Don. I like it when they come out with figures that aren't in the movies very much. It would be boring if they just made the main characters.

Grif
12-15-2001, 10:56 AM
I have that issue of Toy Fare with the Jex Porkins figure in it . It is a pretty funny issue. In fact my signature is from that issue!!!:crazed:

Darth Rage
12-16-2001, 02:51 AM
Yeah just look at Jek Porkins stats...

Strength 15 !?!
Speed 12 ?!!?!?!
Endurance 13 ?!?!?! What the!!!!!
Intelligence 10!?!?!

Yeah they should of made a more realistic Jek, with cheeseburger action

jedi master sal
12-17-2001, 09:58 AM
I would kindly ask those of you making fun of the Jek porkins figure to curtail it. Those of us who are heavy, take offense. Did you ever think he may have a thyroid condition?

Huckleberry Josh
12-18-2001, 05:32 PM
I wasn't making fun of his weight in general. I like to make fun of him because he's so stupid looking. It's not his weight that makes him fun to make fun of. It's just his stupid looking self. I also like to make fun of him because he's a really sucky pilot.

Darth Rage
12-18-2001, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
I would kindly ask those of you making fun of the Jek porkins figure to curtail it. Those of us who are heavy, take offense. Did you ever think he may have a thyroid condition?

Wasn't the writer of starwars making fun of Jek? Look at his last name!