PDA

View Full Version : SightandSoundGuide.com?!?!

sith_killer_99
02-07-2004, 07:30 PM
WOW, I just went over there and it's pretty dead! Isn't anyone going over there anymore?

Well, I posted some stuff if anyone is interested. I was hoping to find some info on upcoming DVD releases (Kill Bill, Star Wars, etc.).

James Boba Fettfield
02-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Not quite sure what happened over there. Dar started a thread up about it over there, but no conclusions have been reached. Users just kind of stopped visiting and then new posts went in a decline.

Steve said he was willing to let someone run things there so the site could keep going.

Beast
02-07-2004, 11:32 PM
As far as I know, the site is currently in limbo, just existing. There was only a few dedicated posters, and it didn't seem worth the time to post news there. Since only a few readers actually read it or cared.

One of the big problems was Steve didn't want to advertise the site here. Since he was trying to get a different cross section of posters then come here. And most people stick to the big two DVD sites. HTF and DVDTalk. :(

I'm all for getting the place cooking again. It just needs some life injected in it. But most of the time the info is read by so few folks, that it's best to just post it here in the forums so the folks that don't follow DVD news, know about it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
02-08-2004, 03:32 AM
I apologize but I just don't have the time to maintain it...

sith_killer_99
02-08-2004, 09:17 AM
No need to apologize. We're all thankful for this site. The "other SSG.com" would be nice, but I wouldn't be able to post over there nearly as much as I do here. I'm pretty busy as it is.

Beast
02-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah, no need to apoligize Sir Steve. My thoughts are that my posting of DVD news does the most good here, where people are more likely to not know something is coming out. Instead of there, where we had very few members that wouldn't already know something was coming. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks