PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Jango/Obi Wan Kamino

Banthaholic
02-07-2004, 10:28 PM
As some of us spectulated these hard to find items will make an Ultra comeback!
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84716C
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84716CA

jjreason
02-07-2004, 10:51 PM
I actually like these sets on display. Are these ones going to be exactly the same (except for updated packaging)? I'd go ahead and recommend them to anyone. Best prequel deluxe figures we've seen in my opinion. Only Luke in Bacta and Slave Leia deluxe are better toys.

Kidhuman
02-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I didnt care for these when I saw them. Another Jango? and I didnt like the Obi Wan figure too much on looks. BUt people seem to rave abut them. Dunno....maybe I will give another look

Silent Chazz
02-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Well this is good news indeed. I was never able to get these two and I'd very much like a Robed Obi-Wan from AOTC thats a plastic Robe (since Jedi Starfighter Pilot Obi has Soft Goods Robe eww) so I'll definately pick this one up. I just hope, however, they replace his lightsaber as Ive seen from pics that this Deluxe Obi's saber hilt looks Nothing like Obi's in AOTC.

Banthaholic
02-07-2004, 11:41 PM
I actually like these sets on display. Are these ones going to be exactly the same (except for updated packaging)? I'd go ahead and recommend them to anyone. Best prequel deluxe figures we've seen in my opinion. Only Luke in Bacta and Slave Leia deluxe are better toys.
I finally got these sets, late last fall, and had to resort to EE to get them. Afterwards I ran into them once at a Shop-Ko, but were $14 something each.

I'm actually appy with them, when I heard about theme, I initially thought why another Jango, but bot turned out pretty good, plus they create there own screen sceen of sorts.

It should be interesting to see if these get packaged Ultra packaging. I'd imagine that they will, since it's make the most sense for shipping/case purposes.

Although is kind of sucks that they aren't going to be shipping another 'new' Ultra set with the ewok glider.

bobafrett
02-08-2004, 12:40 AM
I hope to find these (Obi and Jango deluxe) at retail, as I already have some of the other stuff in the case, plus a shortage of funds to buy a whole case from EE.

CrossWizard
02-08-2004, 09:03 AM
So they are gonna repack sets that I saw on KB for $5.99 on a $9.99-$12.99 card :rolleyes:

rust
02-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Well, that's stupid. If they're gonna rerelease anything on an Ultra card it should be Ephant Mon and maybe Amanaman.

I never got these (Now my KB Gets new figs, when they're about to close), but I might get Obi, but I'm really trying to save funds for a fleet of TIEs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Whoa, this is grear news (to me anyway). I never saw these in stores last year, but now that Target has Ultra pegs, there's more of a chance. Now if they would just get some in . . .

Silent Chazz
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
It also occured to me, with the rerelease of these 2 there is hope that we'll be able to finally get the Wuher, Evazon, Kitik Keed'kak with Cantina Bar Sections over here in the US (in Ultra Packaging).

jedi master sal
02-09-2004, 10:39 AM
It also occured to me, with the rerelease of these 2 there is hope that we'll be able to finally get the Wuher, Evazon, Kitik Keed'kak with Cantina Bar Sections over here in the US (in Ultra Packaging).

Well at least the Kitik Keed'kak anyway. Wuher and Evazon were single card figs, they could do that again if needed or asked for by collectors. I don't think they would sell well however if they were essentially the same sets but with a differetn figure. We only need look back to the debacle of the first wave of cantina sets to show that. With Kitik Keed'kak at least we get a previously never released figure. I'd definitely go for that as an Ultra. (How about a curved piece of the bar instead though???)

About the new "Ultra" Obi and Jango, that's a shame you guys couldn't find these before now. A local discount store (Value City) sold these buy one get one half off during Christmas and what made it even better was that the sets were only marked at $4.99 to begin with. So I picked up two sets of each (one for me and one for another collecting friend of mine). That's $4.99 then $2.50 and then that again, plus tax. Four deluxe figs for $16! Man, was I happy when I found these and even more so when I got them so cheap!

Reefer Shark
02-09-2004, 11:45 AM
This is cool. I really wanted the Obi & Jango sets but never found them either. I would definitely buy these repacks.

btw: Nice score Jedi Master Sal! I think these were pretty rare, I'd never even seen them in collector shops.

Jayspawn
02-09-2004, 12:53 PM
I hope Deluxe Kamino Jango and Obi-Wan DONT come back as Ultra figures. They're far from the best figures anyways -they seemed cool but the finished product wasnt all the neat. The sculpts were horrible.

If ya didnt buy em, ya didnt miss anything.