PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Collectors Club

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

InsaneJediGirl
04-08-2002, 08:27 AM
We all feel your pain Sidiously...TRU isnt very nice to all of us too:cry: :dead: :dead:

SirSteve,I dont know if the people here in Orlando have hook-ups
with the stores:confused: I have a connection here in Marion County but so far no luck:mad:

Anyways!Nothing new here..which is not suprising.

Runobot
04-08-2002, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I do not have any contacts within any of the stores here.

AT-AT - that TRU in Plantation is the best place I have ever been for Star Wars toys (all Toys actually), so cheer up. They TRUs up here suck.

Tell me, the next time you go there, see if they put that set of He-Man reissue figures on clearance yet.

InsaneJediGirl
04-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Went to the Summerfield WM today..the only thing new is Jar Jar(Tatooine).Does Target still have the POTJ sale going?

Runobot
04-09-2002, 03:26 PM
yes, but it is not a sale, it is clearance, so the prices will drop even more.

I went to WalMart by Florida Mall and they do not have the bomber or speeder yet

Sidiously Darth
04-13-2002, 01:34 AM
I hit the Apopka Super WM around midnight. You should have seen all the EP 2 figure boxes. Not just the normal figures but deluxe figures, also. There must have been 30 cases. Anyway, none were open and they were all dated for the 23rd.

I went over to the SW section and found no figures, which is common place for that store. What I did find could have cost me more than it did. I now have the new Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder. There was one of each left.

What I couldn't get was the AOTC Slave 1. They wouldn't scan. So I told the stocker that they were not suppose to be out. She confirmed this w/ another employee.(Who actually knew something about SW.;) ) Anyway, she removed the 3 remaining from the shelf and put them back in their case. It was also dated the 23rd. She read the date on the shipping label. I wanted to be honest and didn't want the store to get into trouble. But I did get to hold it in my hands for a few minutes.:(

I'll leave a short review of the 2 ships in the proper forum.

As far as I can tell, most of the other WM's will probably put their Bombers & Snowspeeders out on the 23rd.

Good luck!

InsaneJediGirl
04-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey Sid,How much did you pay for the Snowspeeder?

On other news..WM in Summerfield had Lays Chips with C-3PO
and R2 on the bag..thats the only thing I've seen AOTC related
yet..only 10 more days though.

Sidiously Darth
04-13-2002, 08:08 PM
The snowspeeder and the tie bomber both go for $29.96 each. The boxes for each are pretty big. Good luck finding them.:)

AT-AT Man
04-14-2002, 04:56 PM
yeah there has been a price drop down here POTJ figs are now 4.85 each i think there lowering in price each time i see them. they still don't have anythin i need. damn

billfremore
04-15-2002, 12:51 AM
Well folks...

My trip to Orlando did produce for me a few figures.

I went to the TRU at Florida Mall and found me a FX-7 and Royal decoy (one of each by the way)

The only other stuff I could find was Deluxe Leia and Amanaman at a Super Target.

No ships though, I visited a Super Wal-mart and they had no Star wars anything. They told me they weren't putting out anything until the 23rd.

During my time there I went to MGM studios and rode the Star Tours ride, afterwards I went into the gift shop expecting to see something new and different.

I was pleasently surprised to see a huge wall of nothing but figures, but upon closer inspection it was pegwarmer heaven.
Nothing but Ketwols and bespin guards, that was dissapointing.
On the bright side I did get a cool t-shirt though :)

Just thought I'd let you kind folks in the central Florida area how I'd made out.

I will miss the warm weather :)

DarthChuckMc
04-15-2002, 02:58 AM
Well, since nothing is turning up in Orlando, I took a little road trip tonight. I headed east to Titusville Super Walmart. No luck there, so I ventured on to the Merrit Island Super Walmart. I lucked out there finding a case of TIE Bombers/Luke's Snowspeeder...at least until the very nice stock lady opened the case. The Snowspeeders are packed at the bottom of the case. This TOTALLY crushes the window part of the packaging. The TIEs were also a little worse for wear. The windows were ok, but the boxes all had pretty noticeable stress marks. If you are an opener, these are perfect, but if you're an anal retentive MIMB/MOMC collector like me, you'd probably be a little disappointed. Luckily for my kids, I wanted to get an opener set for them anyway, so they'll be overjoyed in the morning. Oh yeah, they also had the Preschool sets. These are very very cool. I'll probably buy them eventually, but tonight I passed.
I made one last stop hoping to find something AOTC, so I headed south on A1A to the Eau Gallie Walmart. More Preschool toys, but nothing else....except for 3 Zutton with the newly deco'd head. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sidiously Darth
04-15-2002, 01:22 PM
billfremore,

I'm glad you found something during your visit. A lot of the Wal-Marts down here have gone into shock over SW items. I know a couple stores got burned for stuff selling to early. Now they've pulled just about everything. Did you get your deluxe figures on sale? I'm pretty sure the price had dropped before or during your trip.

As far as the warm weather, there's plenty of that to go around. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for SW toys down here.:cry:

DarthChuckMc,

Now that's a late night road trip!:crazed: Sorry to hear about the condition of the bomber and snowspeeder boxes. I open all my stuff and my 2 were in mint boxes. I definitely would have traded so you could have mint ones. I can't say much for the condition of the boxes now.

Anyway, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by the amount of stuff hitting shelves on the 23rd. Good luck!!!

Runobot
04-16-2002, 03:48 PM
Just got back from Manhatten and I found the Star Fighter for $25 at TRU in Times Square. Isn't it supposed to be only $20?

Sidiously Darth
04-16-2002, 03:58 PM
That's what I thought. Maybe it was b/c you got it at Times Square. Isn't that a big tourist area? I wouldn't think prices would just be higher b/c you bought it in New York.:confused:

InsaneJediGirl
04-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah or it could be 20 at WM only..TRU loves to have higher prices:D

Sidiously Darth
04-16-2002, 04:45 PM
That actually sounds more like a Target price!:eek:

Sidiously Darth
04-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Well, I made a few calls to the TRU stores in our immediate area. None of these stores are doing Midnight Maddness. The only one I can't confirm is the location on Rocket Ct. There was no answer. Here is a list of the stores I checked with:

Toys R US
(407) 896-4201
730 Herndon Ave
Orlando, FL Map

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toys R US
(407) 834-7300
350 E Altamonte Dr
Orlando, FL Map

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toys R US
(407) 578-5224
9489 W Colonial Dr
Ocoee, FL Map

Toys R US
(407) 859-4831
1631 Florida Mall Ave
Orlando, FL Map

Toys R US
(407) 826-0898
10400 Rocket Ct
Orlando, FL Map

Toys R US
(407) 330-1335
101 Towne Center Blvd
Sanford, FL Map

InsaneJediGirl
04-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Werid...So many TRUs in one area,but no Midnight Madness.If Ocala TRU is having one..I probably wont go.For TPM I went to WM in the morning,they had an entire isle full of figures and cases :D

Runobot
04-18-2002, 12:38 PM
I found quite a few Troopers and Imp Officers at TRU Fashion Square today. There are probably 5 of each there now.

AT-AT Man
04-18-2002, 06:38 PM
hey guess what today i went to target, they had all there toys on clearancefor 3.20, i almost flipped, the only thing i needed was another FX-7, so i got it they had leia and armanana(sp). I met another collector for once, didn't ask him much, forgot to ask him if hes found anything lately. it's cool to know theres another collector here.

Runobot
04-19-2002, 11:45 AM
A few things for you...

1) FAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who is getting the $125 Shuttle?

I guess that will make my collection complete. I have to get it. Anyone else? Has anyone contacted FAO to see when they are arriving and if we have to preorder ours as reported on the home page here?

Damn, SW is really going to take a huge amount of cash!!!

2) How much are you all spending on Tuesday? I am just getting the jedi knights, clone troopers, and Slave 1, so I will probably spend less than $100. Is the Clone ship coming out on Tuesday also?

3) Do you guys want to hunt together on Monday night? Hitting local 24 hour Walmarts?

braki-wan
04-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I had a chance to post. I am excited that I finally found the preview Jango Fett that has been so elusive (at least to me). The TRU at West Oaks had just one. Hooray.

Went on a toy run today. The KMart on REd Bug and Tuscawilla had two Jedi Starfighters as of this morning. Nobody else had anything good. I am gonna hit the Walmart tomorrow morning where Sidious had the luck with the Bomber and Snowspeeder. I will keep everybody posted if they put out more.

Wish I could go with you guys Monday night but I have to be at work at 7AM so I dont think I would survive it. Hopefully there will still be some cool stuff left in the morning. Good luck!

Sidiously Darth
04-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Hi all!

I haven't been anywhere lately, so nothing new to report. I'm trying to decide which WM I'm going to pillage tomorrow night. I know the Apopka WM received alot of product. I'm just happy I have a 13 figure headstart.

Good luck everyone!!!:D

InsaneJediGirl
04-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Hello,Hello :)

I havent been anywhere either.Last time I was at WM was a week ago and they had the same old Ketwols.I cant wait for the 23rd(I'll be going early in the morning,sleep is good).

Sidiously,You work for WESH Channel 2 right?Which promo is
the one where Mace says "This party is over" at the end..Its the
only one I've seen so far.:crazed:

Runobot
04-21-2002, 05:53 PM
Sid, how dar is Apopka from m

Runobot
04-21-2002, 05:55 PM
...from my house? I think that I will just take my chances at Casselberry. I am so geeked up! I have been dreaming about getting these new guys. What a dork I am!

Sidiously Darth
04-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Insane,

That one's called "Jedi". It seems to be making the rounds more than the others. "Anakin Adult" and "Clones" are dedicated to their namesakes.

Also, it seems there may be a forth one out there. It was not in any of our systems at work. I think it focuses on Jango, but I have no proof of it yet.

Run,

Apopka Super WM is about 15-20 minutes from where you live. The easiest way there is to take 436 North to Apopka/Vineland, turn left and follow it to 441(OBT). Go through the stoplight and it's on the left. I'm sure the Casselberry WM will have plenty. When are you going there? I'm still debating on what time to go.

Good luck everyone! May The "Toy Buying" Force Be With You!!!:crazed:

Runobot
04-22-2002, 07:24 AM
Send me an email or call me and we can figure out the time

InsaneJediGirl
04-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Just dropping in to tell everyone in the Orlando/Florida areas to be safe and have fun!I hope to discuss finds with everyone tomorrow morning!MTFBWY!:D :crazed:

Runobot
04-23-2002, 01:06 AM
Well guys, I am done! A pretty big turnout but I succeeded in my mission (almost $200 later). Hard to find figures tonight at Wal Mart were:

Royal Guard
Genoshian Warrior
Taan We
Dooku
Luminara
Dexter Jeester

Be sure to keep an eye out for them.

All in all everyone was curteous and helpful, except for one guy that bought 3 Tie Bombers.

Good luck!

Runobot
04-23-2002, 01:09 AM
P.S. there is an R2-D2 variant already! The legs are different.

Sidiously Darth
04-23-2002, 01:17 AM
Run, I can't believe you're still online.

Well, I spent $128 tonight. I got one each of the basic figures, a Slave-I and Jedi Starfighter. But I didn't do it at the Alt. Springs WM. At 11pm they were just starting to setup. So I drove to the Apopka Supercenter and proceeded to wait in line with about 25-30 other people. It was a bit of a free-for-all. One guy got 2 figures taken out of his cart. That truly sucks!!! The only figure I'm missing is Boba Fett. I don't think they even had that collection out. Employees were suppose to be putting more stuff out but I didn't feel like waiting.

I eventually want to get the speeders but I'm not so sure about the deluxe figures except for Mace. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time.

BTW, it looks like the beast creature will be a shelf warmer. Nobody was buying it.

More later, I have figures to open.

InsaneJediGirl
04-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Yeah,No one bought those here either.

Well,I went out at 6am today..found a bunch of the harder to find figures.I picked up the Luminara and CountDooku Dark Lord for now..I'll probably go back later and get the Starfighter and Yoda.

The only thing my WM ran out of was Role-play sabers..someone
must have wiped 'em out.

Runobot
04-23-2002, 12:09 PM
I just got back from TRU Fashion Mall. They have tons of Wave 1 figures from both collections and a few boxes of wave 2 collection 2 in the back that they will not open because there is so much product on the floor. So it is not realy worth the visit! I even talked to the local Hasbro rep for this area, she said they did not have anything else.

Target sucks, as usual.

I never got Taan We!!! Anyone see him around here?

DarthChuckMc
04-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Hey Guys and Girl ;)
I had a stellar night last night. I started at Union Park (aka UCF Walmart). Like the nerd that I am, I arrived at 9:15pm just to be safe. Me and my friend Steve hung out for about an hour 'til more people started showing up. Around 11pm, the floor manager said "They are NOT stocking the aisle, a rolling cart would be brought out. I decided to go to my backup plan, and headed east to the Titusville Walmart near I-95. I got there by 1130pm, and NO ONE was there. About 10 minutes 'til 12am, one guy showed up. He and I had the entire section to browse through at our leisure. It was pure heaven I must say.
Here's what I bought: (BG is short for background)

1x Anakin BG
1x Padme BG
1x Obi BG
1x JangoBG
1x Kit BG
1x R2-D2 BG...the only one they had
1x 3PO BG
1x Super Droid BG and sticker
1x Typho BG
1x Battle Droid BG
1x Plo BG
2x Boba BG
1x Shaakti BG
1x Tusken BG
2x Geonosian BG
1x Dexter BG sticker over "pipe"
1x Dexter
1x Nikto
2x Jarjar
1x Saesee
2x Zam
2x Clone Trooper
2x Taun We
2x Royal Guard
2x Luminara sticker over "removable cloak"
2x Yoda
2x Anakin Hanger "Secret Battle feature" sticker
1x Anakin Hanger "Duel Lightsaber attack" sticker
2x Count Dooku

1x Reek

1x Zam speeder
1x Anakin speeder

1x Slave 1

1x Jango deluxe
1x Mace deluxe
1x Darth deluxe
1x Obi deluxe

My grand total for the night was $342 and change, and I still need some stuff for the kids!!!!

DarthChuckMc
04-23-2002, 12:56 PM
BTW,
If anyone has an extra Dexter with the background that is MINT MINT MINT...I will buy it or possibly trade for something...the one I did find has MAJOR creases all over the back.

braki-wan
04-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey y'all

I made it to the Walmart that Sid went to around noon and all of the good figs were gone of course. Still picked up a few (4 in total) and almost got the Playskool sets (they are really cool but a little pricey)
The Kmart right up the street had a much smaller selection but did have a Geno warrior which Walmart did not have. Its kinda cool to have stuff to look for now for a change. Sounds like everyone did well. If there is anything anyone needs let me know because I am going to stop alot in the next few days (business is slow at work). Talk to you later

Runobot
04-23-2002, 02:17 PM
Here is my list of goodies from last night:

Royal Guard x 3 (Still need one more!)
Clone Trooper x 6
Luminada
Nitko
Dexter
R2-D2 both variants
Zam
Baby Boba
Dooku
Yoda
Anakin Hanger
Tie Bomber
Zam Speeder

JAYPEA
04-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Well, last night I went to the Wal-Mart for the AOTC toys at 9:30pm. For me it was two in the morning as I was still on British time. I flew back from the UK, went home and went back out again. In the UK there were E2 stuff everywhere. I got a few figures early and some other small items, as well as a book on the making of the movie. Last night I got all the Jedi except Yoda but will find him later. In the UK some stores put the figures out early.
How did everyone else do?
Jason.

Runobot
04-23-2002, 06:26 PM
... Also I got Slave I

Sidiously Darth
04-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Slave-I kicks much ***$!!! I even had fun putting the stickers on it. It's a lot heavier than my POTF2 Slave-I.

Runobot
04-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Well, I was going to put the stickers on it but then I looked at my old Slave I and the stickers were not holding up so well so I decided against it. It is definitely a major improvement over the last mold though, looking at them side by side there is no comparison.

...I also LOVE the new clone troopers, and to think I hated them when I first saw them! The red striped ones are great. They look so cool in mass, I now have 12 of them total (6 previews).

...Luminara, Dexter, Yoda. Great figures....

Enough of the praise, now for some complaints:

...Zam's speeder sucks!! It is impossable to get a figure in there correctly!

...My Tie Bomber Pilot's head is EXTREMELY loose

...Target has no selection!!!!!!

Well, I have been opening my toys for hours and setting them up so I am tired (I was up way past my bed time last night). I am going to watch Smallville then going to sleep.

JAYPEA
04-24-2002, 06:57 AM
Does anybody know what species Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti are? I thought Twi'leks, but Twi'leks don't have horns or more then one lekku. Kit has quite a few, and big black eyes, unlike a Twi'lek.
Jason.

JAYPEA
04-24-2002, 07:15 AM
Never mind, I just did a search and found this out:
Kit Fisto is an amphibious Jedi Master from Glee Anselm, able to pick up slight secretions in pheremones in enemies and allow him to detect their uncertainty.
Shaak Ti is a Jedi Master from Shili, especially adept at fighting in large crowds, highly independant.
I hope that helps, as it sure helped me.
Jason.

JAYPEA
04-25-2002, 10:38 AM
I am looking for Count Dooku as he is the hardest to find. So, if anybody finds him please let me know. Did anybody find him yet?
Jason.

InsaneJediGirl
04-25-2002, 10:47 AM
I got Count Dooku : Dark Lord the 23rd.I looked through all the pegs and the one I picked up was the only one they had.Be patient JAYPEA,everyone and their uncle wants this figure.Try in
a week or so:D

JAYPEA
04-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks, I was going to pick up the deluxe one but thought I would wait.
Jason.

Sidiously Darth
04-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Hello everyone from the hog capital of Smithfield, NC.

Well, after being in my hometown for a couple of days, I finally hit the only K-Mart and Super WM in town. K-Mart had quite a selection and so did WM. I had no luck w/ Baby Boba at K-Mart but I did find the version w/ background at WM.:D Now my collection of 27 is complete. Unfortunately, neither had any Royal Guards.:frus:

Jaypea,

I didn't notice any Count Dookus but if I get a chance to go back, I'll check again.

Both stores actually had some of the preview figures left. Anyone need a Preview Jango?:p

Anyway, I should be back in lovely Orlando by Sunday.:crazed: Later!!!

InsaneJediGirl
04-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Hey Guys,

Went to WM today,they were wiped out of the good figures that I wanted but thats not a big deal.They did stock puzzles,books,poster and roleplay items.So,I picked up the "Jedi Knight" poster,which looks great,IMO.:D :D :D

Have a nice Sunday;)

Runobot
04-29-2002, 08:55 AM
Imperial Shuttle News!!!

I went to FAO yesterday and they told me there will only be 5,000 shuttles made, and the flagship store in NY will receive 1,000 of them. He said there are 22 stores total, so there should be only around 180 for every other store. He said they should be out in December. I preordered 2 and I can cancel my order if I do not want one in then also, so there is nothing to loose by preordering them now but everything to gain.

I was the 102nd person to preorder one and they just started taking preorders last week!!! He told me that they are going to stop taking preorders when they reach 500, and that not everyone is guaranteed to get one even then. So if you want one then I recommed you call or get down there ASAP and make a preorder, as with only 180 per store there are only a few spots left!!!

Good luck.

InsaneJediGirl
04-30-2002, 06:19 PM
I went to Target yesterday,the figures were $7 for basic and $12 for dulexe.Kind of expensive in my opinion,even TRU has the figures lower than that.

Run,

Thanks for the news on the Imperial Shuttle.

InsaneJediGirl
05-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Sorry for the padded post here

Went to WM this morning,and found the Dexter Varation.They
must have restocked the shelves because they had harder to find things like Yoda,Dooku,Tuan We.JAYPEA,if my WM has the Dookus,yours are bound to have them.Try early in the morning!;)

Sidiously Darth
05-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Hi All!

Has anyone seen any Royal Guards lately? I'm still looking for a second one. Besides that, I really have nothing to report.

Runobot
05-01-2002, 03:31 PM
I have not seen the guards since MM and I still want 1 to 3 more also!

InsaneJediGirl
05-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I saw one on the 23rd.Nothing since!Anyone seen the Massif?I dont know if that is supposed to be out yet or not.

Lord Tenebrous
05-01-2002, 04:46 PM
I've seen one Taun We in a 50-mile radius, but no Guards or Unduli. The Massiff should be scheduled for the May-July block, after we get the Bespin wave within the month.

It's pretty dismal here. Nothing's moving. Small dents in the merchandise row, but entirely too much stuff. Especially the first wave of collection one, every place there's serious overkill there.

I picked up a Dexter today, I finally found one with a nice eye paintjob. Saw three TIE Bombers still sitting, tempting, but not quite yet. I'm going to go to Target on Friday and get a background Geo. Warrior. Kmart here has yet to set up, and blew off the scratch-card promotional.

I'm tempted to go to a store one day and rearrange the figures by type. ~63 is too much to go through for one stinkin' sculpt.

braki-wan
05-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Hey all

Nothing to report here. I still need the Royal Guard fig, and have not seen it at all. Starting to see the same figures over and over again. Not good.

I also wanted to let you guys know if you didnt already that some Targets have reduced the figure prices again. The Ketwol wave and Shmi wave was 1.94 and the deluxe were 3.94. Thats pretty good especially if you want a lot of Bespin Guards. They will go fast, but some Targets are slower than others with markdowns. Try the one on 436 and 434 they were behind on the last markdown. Talk to you good folks later

InsaneJediGirl
05-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone.

Just came back from WM.They have the soundtracks marked down to 11.84 although the price on the CD is 14.97.I saw a Dooku here,but no Royal Guards.

Sidiously Darth
05-02-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi All!

Braki just brought up something I need. I'm looking for 3 Bespin Security Guards but I want the discounted ones from Target. I tried the Alt. Springs Target but they had no POTJ figs. LMO if you can help.

BTW, that Target has also cut their AOTC basic figure prices to $5.99 each.

Later!

Sidiously Darth
05-02-2002, 10:22 PM
Just talked to customer service at AMC Pleasure Island 24. Tickets for Ep. 2 will go on sale at their box office tomorrow at 11:34 am or you can go to:

Movie Tickets.com (http://movietickets.com/)

to order online.

Don't know about any other theaters yet.

Runobot
05-03-2002, 06:42 AM
What day does it come out???

Also, the target aat Fashion Square does not have any guards left, sorry.

Sidiously Darth
05-03-2002, 11:10 AM
May 16th

Thanks for looking Run!

Runobot
05-04-2002, 08:36 AM
The Super Target in Oveido is out of them also.

PS Spider-man was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

InsaneJediGirl
05-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Run,I thought the CGI Spider-Man looked really crappy from the trailers.Is it better when you go experience "it all"?

No sign of Royal Guards here.I hope to go out next week and look sometime in the morning.

Finally,has anyone seen a AOTC banner in Theatres yet?I'm hoping I can talk my Theatre into letting me have their displays for a price,of course.:greedy: :greedy:

JAYPEA
05-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Hello, thanks to everybody for giving me a heads up for a Dooku. I checked Wal-Mart and Target today but still no luck...yet. I did get the first AOTC comic though, which I won't read until the movie comes out, and the first issue of the new Jango Fett series, which I will read. Also, as it was free comic day I got the Star Wars one and the Spider-Man one as I just came back from seeing Spidey's film. I liked it better then the X-Men film. And the big plus was seeing the Star Wars trailer on a big screen.
Jason.

Runobot
05-05-2002, 06:54 AM
IJG, that was not CGI, it was the real Spider-man. Anyway, he looked pretty cool to me...

My theater did not have the SW trailer before it, which is good because I would not have watched it anyway. It is hard enouigh to change the channel when those commercials come on!

It did have a hulk teaser that looked pretty cool...

Target in Casselberry has 2 25 anniversary obi/vaders left for $4...

JAYPEA
05-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Run, just to let you know, Spider-Man and the Green Goblin was mostly done with CGI. And I hate to break this to you but Yoda will be as well.
Jason.

Runobot
05-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I was just joking about that...he looked cool to me, though.

Now Yoda being CGI??? Oh brother.

Sidiously Darth
05-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Hi All!

Finally saw Spider-Man last night. I thought it was pretty good. I hope the movie enjoys it's week and half stay on top b/c AOTC is going squash it like a bug. Oops! Spiders aren't bugs.:rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
05-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
Hi All!

Finally saw Spider-Man last night. I thought it was pretty good. I hope the movie enjoys it's week and half stay on top b/c AOTC is going squash it like a bug. Oops! Spiders aren't bugs.:rolleyes:

Hehehe,Funny Sidiously!Anyways..Has anyone found the shirts in the Florida Area yet?..I wanted to get a Anakin or Mace shirt but cant find any SW shirts here.

Runobot
05-06-2002, 03:20 PM
I saw some Zuttons today at TRU here. No EEth Koths though :( Does everyone have him here? I have never seen him and still need him...

I am afraid after Episode I there is not great anticipation for SW now (besides us dorks). He really dropped the ball on that one. Spider-man had an insane opening, E2 would be luvky to get 3/4ths that I think.

InsaneJediGirl
05-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Run,

I dont have him and have given up my pursuit for the figure.I'm just focusing on getting some POTJ army builders at TRU right now(and the saga stuff of course).

And sadly..I know there isnt much hype for SW because of Epi I.Which is sad,because I feel AOTC will be a much better movie.

Sidiously Darth
05-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Don't worry folks, SW will have a major impact on the 16th. We ran a story Saturday about what it will cost businesses b/c of people calling in sick or taking vacation just to see the movie. There are also 100's if not 1000's of people waiting in line at theaters as I type this message. I really don't think AOTC needs the hype to do well.

BTW, no shirts found at Suncoast in the Altamonte Mall.:(

Runobot
05-07-2002, 07:19 AM
Sid, did you get your tix yet? Where is the digital projector here again?

JAYPEA
05-07-2002, 11:02 AM
I got Count Dooku, I got Count Dooku!!!! I am so freaking happy, I can just scream I GOT COUNT DOOKU!!!!!!! A friend of mine picked it up for me at the SuperTarget on John Young Parkway. Now I think I will get Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin again, and Yoda perhaps.
Also apparently K-Mart and Target have t-shirts, but for kids only.
Jason.

Sidiously Darth
05-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Run,

I have tickets for the 12:01am showing on May 15/16th. I bought them over the phone at 11:30 am when the first went on sale at Pleasure Island. I'm off all day on the 16th, so if you or anyone else wants to meet up for a showing, that would be cool.

As for toys, I bought the Mace Deluxe figure the other day. His Sneak Peak figure w/ the blue saber just didn't look right with the other Jedi on my Ultarama. I know they;re making a new Ki Adi Mundi, but I want a new Adi Gallia. It would look better with the other fighting stances.

Still no t-shirts!:frus:

Runobot
05-08-2002, 07:10 AM
I am going to try and get some tix there too. It may be too late.

Howard Stern saw AOTC and ripped it. :( :( :( :(

InsaneJediGirl
05-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Sid,

I checked over at T-ShirtKing.com for AOTC shirts and all they had
was EpI stuff.I'm starting to wonder if they are doing T-Shirts
at all this time!:confused: :confused:

Runobot
05-10-2002, 07:17 AM
I am off to Ft. Lauderdale. Hopefully they will have some Royal Guards. Evidentally I just missed them at this TRU.

InsaneJediGirl
05-10-2002, 10:22 AM
Have fun Runobot.

I saw a Royal Guard yesterday..but a little kid had it.Instead I picked up a Shaak Ti.WM has new SW posters in..3 different kinds in each bin(there are 2 bins)

Runobot
05-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Today I scored one at the TRU I was a yesterday!!! Not to mention 2 Coruscant security. Someone hid the guard. Too funny. I also scored 2 preview clones at KB.

My army is increasing. I love it.

InsaneJediGirl
05-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Thats great Runobot!I love seeing my army grow..but its an army of Jedi.:DToday my brother got a AOTC poster that a kid in his class didnt want.He said that the girl got the poster at Publix,and it was free.Any stock to this story,because I'm not trusting it.

Sidiously Darth
05-11-2002, 02:55 AM
Interesting, SW poster at Publix. I'll have to check that out.

Haven't added any new figures but will be looking for the new waves Sunday.

Speaking of adding, I'm sure I've mentioned my interest in customizing. Well, I'm rather slow at it but check these 2 links for 5 of my customs. Enjoy!:D

My Customs (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6595)

TPM Customs (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7962)

InsaneJediGirl
05-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Great Customs Sidiously!I read that your working on a diorama?Thats great,I dont have a FX Paply for you though :( I never got him...

The new waves hit Sunday?Or is that when your going to check them out.I'm hoping to find Luke Skywalker-Bloody Stump version over here,just because it looks better than the other.:D

Runobot
05-11-2002, 05:31 PM
What figures are in the next wave? Just the 4 Vader, Luke, Mace, and ??? Is it an official thing that they are going to be released tomorrow? I wonder what that is all about...

I found about 10 Eeth Koths down here in Ft. Lauderdale. Needless to say I got one. Then I broke down and bought the new Plo koon and Sassee. You are right Sid, the dynamic poses are much better than the last sculpts.

InsaneJediGirl
05-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Runobot
What figures are in the next wave? Just the 4 Vader, Luke, Mace, and ??? Is it an official thing that they are going to be released tomorrow? I wonder what that is all about...

Massif will be released,along with Orn Free Taa.I think the Jango Fett Final Battle will also be released.Runobot,since you are avoiding spoilers I advise you to stay away from that until after the 16th:)

DarthChuckMc
05-11-2002, 06:26 PM
Run,
Jango Final Battle, Mace Rescue, Darth and Luke Bespin are all in one case. Massif, Orn Fre Taa, Qui-gon and Rebel soldier are in another. The Jango is a BIG BIG Spoiler. You can buy it, but DON'T open it until Thursday.
The next wave is Han Endor, Chewie bespin and Obi-wan Pilot. After that, we get Palpatine, Amidala pilot, Djas Puhr bounty hunter. I think that's it until October or so.

Runobot
05-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the warning!!!

Sidiously Darth
05-11-2002, 09:01 PM
I think the official release date was May 6. The figures have been popping up around the country since then.

Sidiously Darth
05-12-2002, 02:53 PM
I just got back from the Alt. Springs WM with a few new figures. I now have my other Royal Guard. That gives me 4 in all, 2 POTF2 & 2 AOTC. Although, I haven't looked at them together.

As for new figures, I happened upon the following:

Jango Fett (Final Battle)
Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)

There were several Jangos and Maces left but I got the only Vader I could find. Run, if you buy the Jango Final, do not open it until after you have seen the movie. I will open mine after the movie just to be safe.

Here's what's left to find:

Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)

Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
Endor Rebel Soldier
Massiff
Orn Free Taa

Luke is actually from the Bespin wave. The wave that my 3 figures came from. The other 4 came from the wave that the Royal Guard is packed in with. I did not see any of these figures but I know that wave was there b/c of all the Lumi's and Taun We's.

The best part of it all was the price matching WM did. I took my 4 figures plus K-Mart's sales paper. to the Customer Service Desk. K-Mart's add is 1 for $6.99, the second for $3.49. I got the 4 figures for $5.24 each. W/ Sem. Co. sales tax, that equaled $22.43... the same if I had bought them at the Super K up towards Apopka. I saved a wopping $3.21. I think that's a fair trade. Woo Hooooooo!!!:crazed:

Good luck and give a yell if you see any of the other figures!

Sidiously Darth
05-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Hi All!

I've been thinking about the name of this thread. When Runobot first started it in the old forums it was the Orlando Collector's Club. That name stuck when we moved into the new forums. I like the name b/c it has a ring to it. But I was wondering if we should change it b/c not everyone that posts here is from the "Greater Orlando Area" - whatever that means.:rolleyes:

Do we need to change the name to maybe Central Florida Collector's Club or just Florida Collector's Club? What's do you guys think? Should I go away and leave this topic alone? Talk amongst yourselves and see what feels right. I'm done now.:D

Runobot
05-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Yes, go away ;)

I am downloading Ep II right now. Tomorrow night after work I will be watching it. No, I cannot wait any longer.

AT-AT Man
05-13-2002, 08:27 AM
sid i don't mind, i'm from south florida, but i really don't mind, wish there were other South Florida collecters, today i saw lumi and taun, also saw my first ma tuskan raider. still have yet to see Captein Typho. gt the reek, finally, and picked up the basic lightsabers, i got purple and red. oh yeahi won tickets to the west palm episode 2 premere, seeing it on wednesday. can't wait, my question is should i dress up and show how much i love the movie.

InsaneJediGirl
05-13-2002, 09:03 AM
Florida Collectors Club sounds cool to me.Since only 3(4?) of us are in the Orlando/Cen.FL area.

Anyways,I havent been out to any stores lately,might go out this afternoon or tomorrow to Wal-Mart.AT-AT Man,I think the choice to dress up is just a personal preference.I was going to wear a Clones shirt...but had no luck finding them.So,just seeing the movie is showing how much I like Starwars...that and cheering at the end:D :D ;)

Sidiously Darth
05-13-2002, 01:09 PM
Dressing up is really up to you. I'm sure there will be others doing it. AT, if you still need a Captain Typho, I'm sure I can send you one. They had several at WM yesterday. Just LMK!

I'm w/ you IJG. I want a t-shirt but no luck yet. I've seen pics of the adult shirts but I haven't actually seen them in the physical.:mad:

Runobot
05-13-2002, 08:28 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!

I downloaded that movie and after I got it working it wasn't AOTC, instead it was some cop movie with Robert Denero and Eddie Murphy!!!!!

That sucks!

I am ****ed.

Anyway, WM was out of the new figures when I checked at 7am this morning. Sid, next time put a set of them in our special place.

Ok, bye, I am going to try and download it again. If you see (smr) AOTC, do not download it!!!!!!!1

Sidiously Darth
05-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Run,

That was the Alt. Springs WM, not Casselberry. But they do have a similar spot. Next time I see anything I'll put them there for you.

Runobot
05-14-2002, 01:26 PM
TRU has Jango, Luke, Vader, and Mace in mass quantities.

I got Vader and Mace, I just opened them both and am rather disappointed. Mace's right arm is limp and floppy. Vader's cape looks bad. Very disappointing really.

I passed on the Jango as I already have 2 of them and the only other Luke I want would be a new ROTJ with the robe in a good action pose.

InsaneJediGirl
05-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Goood Afternoon Everyone,

Not much here..just checked with the Theater to make sure what time I can get my seats(For 10 am showing,9:30 is when you can file in).Other than that,I picked up a Luke X-Wing Pez Dispenser at the Candy Outlet in Wildwood.They had a ton of Ewoks and 1 Leia left.

Sid,Any sightings of Clones shirts in major retail stores?

Runobot
05-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Well, I just got tickets for tomorrow night at Oveido Marketplace. Is anyone else from here going to be there?

J-P, last time around there were a lot of people at the movicoin Pembrooke Pines dressed up, it was pretty cool. So, if you are worried about looking like a dork, don't, there will be others dressed up for sure.

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 08:28 PM
I'm going to the 12:01 @ Waterford Lakes, the 10am @ Waterford Lakes (by myself, if anyone wants to meet up :) and the 4:20pm at Oviedo Marketplace with my kids.

Sidiously Darth
05-14-2002, 08:43 PM
IJG, no t-shirts yet. This is not looking good.

I'm hitting the 12:01 showing tomorrow night at Pleasure Island & the 10:15pm show at PI Thursday. I may try to squeeze a showing in at Winter Park Village after I take Karen to work.

Runobot
05-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I guess that I am hitting the 10:15 on Thursday night now also. Maybe we can all hook up and catch it over the weekend.

InsaneJediGirl
05-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Went to Publix today..at their huge Starwars Frito Lay display were the posters.All they had was Padme at the Lady Lake Publix..I'm hoping to find the others soon.

Anyone else see these yet??

Also,I listened to XL 106.7 this morning.They had 4 fans fighting outside of their studios,to win VIP tickets.Anyone see these guys on the way to work/school/etc?

Runobot
05-15-2002, 12:33 PM
I found a bunch of Dookus and Yodas today. Shoot me an email if you want to know where.

Sidiously Darth
05-15-2002, 02:33 PM
Run,

Did you actually download the movie and watch it? After all that waiting and not watching anything SW related, I guess you cracked under the pressure. You were lured by the dark side.:p

Runobot
05-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Man, it is impossible to get a legit copy of the movie. I tried again last night. I have to wait until midnight!!! I am so excited.

DarthChuckMc
05-15-2002, 05:28 PM
I almost have a legit copy. By almost, I mean, I need about 80,000k and I'll be finished DL it. I've seen the whole movie except for Jango/Obi fight in the rain, Anakin talking to Watto, and the Jango/Obi spacebattle. This movie kiss major @$$ guys...and gal :)

Sidiously Darth
05-15-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm going to the movies! I'm going to see Star Wars! I don't have to work tonight! I don't have to work tomorrow! The Force is with me! I'm being silly!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Runobot
05-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Chuck, where are you getting it from? What is the file name?

DarthChuckMc
05-15-2002, 09:14 PM
look for FTF-Star Wars Episode 2 disk 1 and disk 2...those are the 2 legit files. They are MPEGs not AVIs..the AVIs are all bogus. There are about 10-15 people that have it, but they are so bogged down with other users DL, it's going to take you awhile. I want to burn it to discs, but I don't think they will fit. Part one is 718190 kb and part two is 649657 kb. Part two begins with Anakin and Amidala showing up at the Lars homestead. I still don't know exactly where part one ends, but I imagine it ends with Anakin leaving Watto's shop.

Sidiously Darth
05-16-2002, 04:47 AM
All I have to say is Woo Hoo!!! The 2 hour wait in line was well worth it. This movie was made for the hardcore fans. My girlfriend is still confused by somethings that weren't fully explained. She's holding judgment until her next viewing. I will try and see it 2 more times Thursday. Great cliffhanger movie!!!:D

Runobot
05-16-2002, 07:40 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than anticipated. I am so pumped I cant wait to see it again.

Runobot
05-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Damn Scalpers, today is my friend's birthday and I just went to get him Dooku and Yoda for a present as we are going to E2 tonight and the Dookus were all gone. At least 15 of them. They were there just 2 days ago!

This sucks.

Oh well, he will be getting Yoda and Anakin final battle.

InsaneJediGirl
05-16-2002, 01:50 PM
Just came back from seeing AOTC.This was the second best movie behind ESB in my opinion!!The action was great,Yoda looked like a hamster on a sugar high when he fought:D

Run,Sorry to hear about the Scaplers...I'm sure they are in full Force,since the movie just came out and kids are interested for a bit,

JAYPEA
05-16-2002, 11:39 PM
Hello, all, how is everyone doing? I just saw the movie this morning and throught it was great...what am I talking about, it was more then great!!!
Anyway, afterwards I went to the Comic Connection and purchased my Star Wars comics and they had one Jorg Sacul figure from the convention in Indiana but it was for almost a hundred dollars! Needless to say, I didn't buy it. I did find the new Qui-Gon figure at SuperTarget though. And a friend of mine picked up 2 Dooku's there as well.
I have been collecting the new Wizard Star Wars game as I have the starter set, now I am getting the booster packs. Anybody else? Also, anybody else collecting the trading cards?
Maybe we can do some trading...
Jason.

JAYPEA
05-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Hello, all, I went to the K-Mart at Hunter's Creek this afternoon and guess what, they had the Royal Guard, Taun We, and Luminara. In fact, they had more then ten Luminara's! I already have one, but it was good to see her again. Now, I am looking for a Yoda again.
Jason.

AT-AT Man
05-17-2002, 11:08 PM
i bought two booster packs of the WOTC game, and don't know how to play. Also at my TRU they had lots of Lumanarias, Taun We's and Royal Guards.

JAYPEA
05-18-2002, 11:33 AM
It's pretty easy to play, AT-AT, it's just hard to find time and players to play with. If only we could play somehow on-line, eh? Anyway, I am trying to figure out how to play the game by myself. How sad is that?
Jason.

InsaneJediGirl
05-18-2002, 10:51 PM
I never learned how to play the Episode I game.I have a huge booster box...but its all too confusing!Try the WOTC website..maybe they'll have tips'n'tricks on the game.

Sidiously Darth
05-19-2002, 12:45 AM
Well folks, I ended up seeing Ep. II 3 times in a 24 hour period. I have to say I am very proud of myself and completely freaking out my friends.

I also picked up an Endor Soldier at the Apopka SuperCenter last night(early Sat. Morning). They had about 5 more and several of the new Qui-Gon. That means I missed out on Orn Free Ta, Palpatine & Genosian w/ Massif. Oh well, I'll find them next time.

Good luck all!

Runobot
05-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Wow, I guess they are really pumping out the figures! Awesome.

I will go hunt today!

DarthChuckMc
05-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Hey Sid,
No Palpatine yet.....we get him in the next round with Djas Puhr. The Titusville Super Walmart had about 4 cases worth of Orn Fre Taa, Qui-Gon, Rebel Trooper, and Massiff yesterday. If you feel like making the long trip, it may be worth it. Titusville is mostly retirees, not big into SW figures if you know what I mean.

Sidiously Darth
05-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the correction DCMc! So, that leaves me w/ finding Orn & Massif. I ordered the new Bespin Luke from the fan club today. It's nice to stay caught up.:)

What is everyone else looking for? I think the Dookus are still flying off the pegs. Somebody must have a nice stash of them by now.:rolleyes:

Runobot
05-20-2002, 07:34 AM
Were the Bespin Lukes short packed? They sold out already and to me they looked like crap - though still better than that piece of junk Windu.

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Depending on the assortment #, Luke is packed 2-3 to a case. Both Luke and Vader are packed at the ends of the case with Jango and Mace sandwiched between. Both Luke and Vader may be hard to find on mint cards, for those of us that are picky like that.

InsaneJediGirl
05-20-2002, 11:31 AM
Found 1 HD Ankain and 1 Royal Guard today.Some Zam Wessels too..but nothing "new".Someone must have already snatched them up,or WM just didnt stock.

I did get the AOTC comic..so I guess the trip was worth it :D

Runobot
05-20-2002, 12:44 PM
I just got the Starfighter for $17.88 at Target. Cool ship and a good deal if anyone still needs it.

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey guys,
Don't know if any of you need them, but TRU @ Fashion Square has plenty of Jango (Final Battle), Mace, and Vader. ALL of the Bespin Lukes are gone. They DID however have 10+ Dooku, and 2 Yoda. I think the employees are picking through the cases, because the cashier I spoke to said no figures had been sold since opening, and I got there @ 1015am. I can't remember if I mentioned it already, but I found the Orn Fre Taa wave @ the Walmart in Titusville on Friday. They may still be there since it isn't a heavy collector area.

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah, the was also 5 or so Royal Guards and a few Anakin (Hanger Duel) @ the same TRU. 1 Luminara, 1 Taun We, and a few Nikto and Saesee Jedi.

Sidiously Darth
05-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Went by WM last night around Midnight and picked up the Ep. II Visual Dictionary... Nice book!

Well, it seems someone(s) came through and bought all the Royal Guards, Taun Wes, Nikto Jedis, Red Clone Troopers, Lumis & Saesees. I also did an ebay search on Dooku and saw about 25 auctions for the figure. The loser scalpers must have been hibernating for the past 2 years.

If you need a Dooku or Yoda, the fan club has them for sale for $5.99. That's where I ordered Luke Bespin from. If you spend $50, you can get free standard shipping. I think that's 3 day priority.

Anyway, I'm going to Acme today to pick up a months worth of comics. I've been a little behind.:rolleyes:

AT-AT Man
05-20-2002, 07:05 PM
do any of you need the royal guard taun we or luminara, cause there were a crap load at our TRU.

Runobot
05-20-2002, 09:31 PM
Damn, I was at that TRU today at noon and they were sold out of all those figures except Mace and Vader, though I did see one Bespin Luke there. Something fishy is going on there for sure.

Runobot
05-21-2002, 08:37 AM
I just realized, one of the employees at that TRU admitted to me the morning after MM that he was holding some figures and asking the collectors which ones were rare then keeping them for himself. He said they were asking him for them but he would not let them go.

That sucks.

InsaneJediGirl
05-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Thats bad..this is why I only tell little kids whats rare or whats not..because they dont scalp!!!

Sid,When you go to Acme comics..tell me if they have AOTC comics 3 and 4 out.I need to check at my shop..but they didnt have any last time.

Sidiously Darth
05-21-2002, 01:24 PM
IJG,
My bag had all 4 issues in it. I didn't get them yet b/c of all the other stuff that had piled up. I'll get the rest later.

I hit the Alt. Springs TRU yesterday just before closing. I picked up the poster and comic, if that's what you want to call it. I like the poster very much.

Run,
What figs are you still looking for? Maybe I can help.

Runobot
05-21-2002, 01:52 PM
I just got two more Royal Guard today (for a total of 8), so now I am all caught up with my forces. Thanks though.

Does anyone know about the future release of more clone troopers? Are any coming with the troop carrier?

I heard that yellow clones will come with the gun attachments for the ship, are they going to be delux figures then?

Are there going to be yellow basic clones?

Also, are there really blue clone troopers? I did not see them. And tell me this, are they going to release more basic, non-colored troopers or just the sneak peaks?

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Run,
The Deluxe Clonetrooper w/ Republic Gunship gundome is the yellow trooper. The are only Red, Yellow, and White troopers. Some people swear that you can see a blue trooper in the scene on Kamino, when they are picking up their helmets from the conveyer belt. I don't see it though. As far as any coming with the Gunship itself, I don't think it has been confirmed as of yet, but Walmart.com has it for pre-order, and it doesn't mention a pack-in figure there.

InsaneJediGirl
05-21-2002, 04:13 PM
I think you can buy the Yellow Clonetroopers carded.like the red ones now and they'll come with those little domes:D

Sidiously Darth
05-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Well folks, I saw Clones 3 times and I saw a Blue Trooper 3 times. I don't hallucinate during movies, so I know I saw what I saw.:p Trust me!

Runobot
05-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Sid, where abouts on the screen are they? Top, bottom, left, right? Also, how long are they on there for? Are they prominently featured?

Sidiously Darth
05-22-2002, 02:38 AM
Towards the middle right. That blue shoulder stripe sticks out.

Runobot
05-22-2002, 07:34 AM
OK, I will be on the lookout for it. That guy would be the coolest looking of them all.

Runobot
05-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey, this guy from another thread called Jar Jar Binks said he saw a green trooper in that scene also.

Sidiously Darth
05-22-2002, 11:39 AM
Keep in mind that the blue & green ones may be operating the large triangular drop ships.

Runobot
05-23-2002, 07:14 AM
Yeah, the pre-Star Destroyers!!!

InsaneJediGirl
05-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Found the 3rd AOTC comic at WM Today.They had Luminara,but I got her the 23rd.Nothing new..its starting to remind me of POTJ:mad: :(

JAYPEA
05-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Hello, I know I posted this before, but is anybody collecting and trading the Topps AOTC cards? I have a few doubles if anybody is interested in trading, let me know.
Thanks.
Jason.

Runobot
05-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Sid, do you still need Orn? I stashed one for you today if so. Give me a call.

Also, I had the pleasure of running into a scalper today @ TRU, he was grabbing yodas, and he grabbed some Anakin hanger duel, so I know he was a scalper. I quickly grabbed all the dookus and hid them so he wouldn't get everything. What a jerk....

InsaneJediGirl
05-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Scaplers..Ick!I havent seen ANY around..but considering no new waves have shown up in my area..I think there might be 1 or 2.It really sucks..because I dont want to make the drive up to the TRU in Ocala just for Luke,Vader,Yoda and Orn.:D

I'm sure they will show up soon..The pegs are still clogged with Collection 1 figures.

jawa01
05-24-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey everyone. Can a Jawa get in on this club? I'm not in orlando, but if you go 2 1/5 hours south, you can find my sandcrawler hunting for new figs. :D Anyway, thanks go out to IJG for the invite. :cool:

Runobot
05-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Yeah, come hang out, we are fun.

ISJ, if you need Yoda still I am sure one of us can find you one, I see them every once and a while. Just saw about 5 today.

InsaneJediGirl
05-25-2002, 12:10 AM
Runobot..I saw a Damaged one yesterday..and I'm sure more will be arriving soon.Its not important,since I already have 2 POTF2 yodas and 1 Ep1 Yoda.'

Welcome to the club,Jawa :D

Sidiously Darth
05-25-2002, 01:56 AM
Run,

You the man! I'll give you a ring Sat. That will leave me looking for the Geonosian w/ Massiff. My Bespin Luke came today. It's pretty cool. The blaster doesn't fit in the holster very well, though.:( LMK if you're still looking for anything, Run or anyone for that matter.

jawa01
05-25-2002, 08:37 AM
I could use a bloody Luke. Than again, who couldn't? If anyone picks up an extra one maybe we could work out a trade or something. If we start posting our own want list, maybe we could help each other out. I would rather pick up an extra guy for someone than see one of you have to pay through the nose for it from a scalper or off of Ebay. LMK if everyone likes the idea. We could start our own trade ring. Happy Hunting :cool:

P.S
I'm also looking for Palpatine and Djas Puhr. Thanks.

InsaneJediGirl
05-25-2002, 01:44 PM
I dont think Paply and Djas are out yet.I think they come out in a few weeks.However..I will keep my eyes open in the Ocala area..never know what might show up :D

Also,has anyone found the Publix Posters?I only have Padme so far..and was hoping to get all 4.LMK if anyone has seen the other 3 posters.

Sidiously Darth
05-25-2002, 08:54 PM
I haven't been to publix yet. I'll check the next time I'm there.

As far as the bloody stump Luke, the one I received from the fan site was clean.:(

Thanks for Run and a little luck, I'm caught up on the current figures. I found a Massiff today. Now I'm waiting on Palpy and Djas. Woo Hoo!

Lord Tenebrous
05-25-2002, 09:22 PM
One of my friends gave me the 'Skywalker Saga' and 'Dark Destiny' posters. Don't like 'Dark', it has Anakin in that crazy "Smell my armpits" pose.

Right now, I've decided to cut back on Saga. I'm getting Ephant, Djas, and Chewie Bespin. But I'm not stopping collecting - I'm just going backwards. Right now I'm looking for a Momaw Nadon and Garindan, loose and not too banged up. I'm running out of room for a carded collection.

jawa01
05-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Hey IJG I can hook you up with Jango and Obi Publix posters. LMK if you can't find them. Do you have an extra padme or Anakin? I need those to finish the set. Any one have any General Mills Lightsaber pens to trade? I need Vader and Anakin. I have extra Luke and Mace if anyone needs them. Thanks :cool:

Sidiously Darth
05-26-2002, 01:08 AM
Garindan, you say... hmmm. I'll have to check and see if I have an extra one of those, LT.

J01, where did you get the gen. mills pens? I know they came in a media set w/ a box of cereal. Besides that, I haven't seen them.

jawa01
05-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Right now I can only find Reese's Puffs and Cin. Toast Crunch. Each at two diff. Targets. But beware, the first three boxes I bought all had Luke pen. If you find any and get doubles LMK and we can swap (if I have any you will need). Good luck. :cool:

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 01:27 AM
hey jawa, where in fla you located

jawa01
05-26-2002, 01:28 AM
Port Charlotte. It's about 90 miles south of Tampa. :cool:

InsaneJediGirl
05-26-2002, 10:27 AM
J01,Yeah..I have an extra Padme to trade.I picked up quite a few because I'm giving some to JEDIpartnr(They dont have Publix where he lives :( )

Funny comment on the "Dark" poster.I dont have it,but I kind of figured Anakin would be in that goofy pose.
:D ;)

jawa01
05-26-2002, 10:32 AM
E-mail me your address and I can figure out a cheap way to ship it to you rolled. :D I'll send you mine and we can figure something out. Thanks. :cool: Just got your IM, sounds good. We'll swap then:D .

Runobot
05-26-2002, 11:42 AM
Het,what is the deal with these posters? I haven't even heard of them. Are they cool looking? Does anyone have a link for them?

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 11:58 AM
hey jawa or anyone can you guys find any extra massiffs. Do you know what sucks is now i need to buy a new yoda and ani hanger duel, because i lost yodas lightsaber at a movie theater, and ani HD lightsaber broke. So if you guys can keep a heads up for me i'd appriciate it.

jawa01
05-26-2002, 12:00 PM
These posters are VERY hard to find. We have 5 publix in town and I only found two that had posters. One had Jango and the other had Obi. They are pretty cool. They are put out on a big AOTC Frito-Lay display. One publix just had them at the register. On the bottom of the poster the fine print says exclusive to Publix. Good luck finding them. :cool:

jawa01
05-26-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey AT-AT, I'll be glad to pick them up for you if I find them. I may actually be able to pick up Ani HD for you today. I go to work at 2:30, so I'll let you know tonight if I got one, then I'll send it to you and we'll work something out. :D

Sidiously Darth
05-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
hey jawa or anyone can you guys find any extra massiffs. Do you know what sucks is now i need to buy a new yoda and ani hanger duel, because i lost yodas lightsaber at a movie theater, and ani HD lightsaber broke. So if you guys can keep a heads up for me i'd appriciate it.

AT-AT, I wish I would have known you needed a Massiff yesterday. On my first trip to the Fashion Square Target, I found 2. I only bought 1 and when I went back for my stashed Orn Free Ta, the SW ailse had been cleaned out. I'm sure they'll be showing up in better quantities soon.

InsaneJediGirl
05-26-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jawa01
E-mail me your address and I can figure out a cheap way to ship it to you rolled. :D I'll send you mine and we can figure something out. Thanks. :cool: Just got your IM, sounds good. We'll swap then:D .

I was thinking of sending them in a box...packed with some type of packing product..the posters arent that big,and boxes are free at your local post office :D

AT-AT Man,I'll be on the look out for you...but I highly doubt I'll find anything before you!

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 02:10 PM
thanks guys, i think we have some major scalpers down here. I was at my local TRU on wednesday, and they had tons of royal guards, taun wes, and luminaras, but yesterday they had nothing, except for a hidden lumanara, the had a badly damaged card. i was really POed, i wanted a second royal guard.

InsaneJediGirl
05-26-2002, 09:16 PM
Talked to the display/promo lady at Publix.She plans to give me a call because the Frito-Lay dork came and ripped down the display.I'll let you guys know what I find out :D

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 09:48 PM
hey got ma friend brad to join he collects too, so give him a warm welcome, he'll be giving some reports with me.

DarthChuckMc
05-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Hey Sid,
I saw AOTC again today with my kids, and sure enough, I saw 3, yes...THREE blue Clonetroopers. It's the scene where they are picking up they're helmets. Two are in line to the left of the screen, and one comes walking up from the bottom of the screen just before the camera goes to Obi, Taun, and Lama on the balcony. I still didn't see any green ones though. I also noticed that the pilot Clonetroopers have a different style helmet than the regualr troopers, and they have yellow on their armor. Another little tidbit I missed before....when Padme and the Clonetroopers come running into the hanger to get Anakin, Obi, and Yoda, you can see the back of at least 3 Clonetrooper helmets with red lights at the very tip of their "fins" on their helmets.

Mace Windex
05-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Thanks to the insane Jedi girl for tipping me off to this board. Any collectors/fans in the tampa/clearwater/st Pete areas of Florida? I'm looking for some SW friends who can keep on the lookout for me for some of the new figs. I prefer a local because I could meet the person and save on shipping costs. OF course, I am willing to do my share of hunting for my fellow fans.

DarthChuckMc
05-26-2002, 11:06 PM
One other thing......the "duck jedi", is NOT a duck.....He is a NEW alien species....he is similar to a Mon Calamari, except the eyes are on stalks the come down the side of his head, so that his eyes are close to the mouth rather than on the side of his head like a fish. Imagine grabbing Ackbars eyeballs, and pulling them down by his chin. They show this alien look up as Zam's speeder is crashing to the street....the same species again walking by Obi-Wan in the Jedi temple as he heads to meet Yoda....and next to Kit Fisto igniting his saber in the arena when the Jedi are first shown.

Mace Windex
05-26-2002, 11:17 PM
The first publix poster I saw was Obi-wan and I only got one. My Publix now has the Jango and Boba posters. WHo needs one? I could use the others in the set.

jawa01
05-26-2002, 11:19 PM
Sorry AT-AT, no Ani HD today. I saw them yesterday, but they are gone now. Hey Windex, welcome to the club. I'm down in P.C. about 90 miles south of you. I'm always on the hunt, so LMK if there is anything you need. That goes for everyone else too :D . Hey IJG, LMK how you make out w/ the Publix lady. :cool:

Mace Windex
05-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Lightsaber pens???
Can someone fill me in? I have bought two boxes of Cin toast crunch but both had free episode II movie tickets. What is the deal with the pens, and do they look cool?

jawa01
05-26-2002, 11:27 PM
The pens are very cool :D . The box says free lightsaber pen inside. They are REALLY hard to find right now. Most of the stores have the free movie ticket boxes. I have only found them at two diff. Targets. The one in P.C has Reese's Puffs, and the one in Venice has Cin. Toast Crunch. I think the Luke pen is the most abundant. I bought 7 boxes (6 Reeses and 1 Cin. toast) and 4 were Luke pens. The others were 2 Mace and 1 Dooku. If you find them and get doubles, I need Anakin and Vader to round out the set. Happy Huntung. :cool:

Mace Windex
05-26-2002, 11:28 PM
Speaking of scalpers, my TRU told me they got in over 100 VAders and Lukes and they were gone in ONE afternoon! DANG! Any of you folks ever buy a fig, open it, hate it, and return it? I hadn't up until now. I bought the new Qui Gon but that pose is awful and he wouldn't stand up. My stores here have all of the first April 23 wave of figures plus they have just put out the preview figs (a little late, huh?). My local Walmart usually gets everything first but they have been slacking. No sign of any 12 inch Jangos either.
Any of you folks collect lightsabers as well? I started a topic on the Rubies sabers. Can't wait till they are avail for this fall!

Mace Windex
05-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome! So, are the pens only in those cereals or do they come in different ones?
I just saw an ad for Cin toast crunch for $2 per box at Eckerds I think!

InsaneJediGirl
05-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Welcome Windex and AT-AT Mans friend(If your reading this that is)

I will let you guys know about the Publix Lady..at least someone is finally listening at the stores.The cashiers know nothing!:D

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 11:42 PM
hey jawa and any of you guys, my list n case any ones wonder, of the ones i need, are Ani HD, Yoda, 2 Massiffs, Luke Bespin Duel, Jango Final Battle, and finally Orn Free Ta. i know this is kinda illegal, but if anyone wants one i have a copy of spiderman and Star Wars on VCD. it looks fine, and the only thing wrong is that the Spiderman has Japenese subtitles on the bottom. just lettin you guys and girls know that i have that and also need those figs.

jawa01
05-27-2002, 12:15 AM
No prob AT-AT. I'll keep you in mind while I'm out huntin'. If anyone wants to help me out, I need Palpy and Djus. I have seen reports of them being out. I also found out that TRU is not restricted to regular case assortments for the SW figs. This means that they can order whole cases of the same guy if they want to. Too bad no one has connections to anyone at TRU. The possibilities of finding variant figs would be endless. :D Any way, I'm gonna go hunting on Sat. I get every other weekend off and go out looking for new dudes. So I'll keep my eyes open.

jawa01
05-27-2002, 12:17 AM
By the way, I also need bloody Luke :( . But then again, who dosen't.

jawa01
05-27-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey just to let everyone know, My wife went to Sam's Club today and came home with this really cool SW tin. It is round and the size of those tins full of popcorn that they usually put out at the holidays. There are 3 diff. ones. The one I got had 3 bags of Doritos in it and it is #2 of 3. It says Jedi Heros on it and has big pics of Yoda, Obi ,and Luke. There are also smaller pics around the can of Dooku, Vader vs. Obi, Luke and Leia, and more. If you have a membership to Sams, I say check them out. They only thing is she couldn't remember how much it was.

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 12:29 AM
ok jawa, i'll keep an eye out for you too.

Lord Tenebrous
05-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Any collectors/fans in the tampa/clearwater/st Pete areas of Florida? I'm looking for some SW friends who can keep on the lookout for me for some of the new figs.

I'm transferring to Eckerd College in the fall, so as soon as I'm settled, I'll see what I can do. Hopefully the white sand and bright bikinis won't knock me off-course. :D

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 01:10 AM
hey is anyone going out tommorow to look for figs.

jawa01
05-27-2002, 01:14 AM
I'm gonna stop at Wal-mart at around 9:00 AM before I go to work. I stopped in there tonight after work(10:45pm) and they were bringing out pallets of toys, but I didn,t see any SW yet.

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 01:29 AM
ok hey jawa can you keep an eye open for me please.

jawa01
05-27-2002, 01:31 AM
If I find any guys you need, they're all yours.

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 01:34 AM
thanks buddy.

Runobot
05-27-2002, 10:47 AM
Damn, this thread is exploding.

Sid, I hid a Masiff in the old spot at Target at Fashion Square today, I can't remember if you want one still. They had quite a few of that wave as of 9:3- this morning.

DarthChuckMc
05-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Does everyone have a Massiff, Orn Fre Taa, Endor Rebel, new Qui-gon, Vader, Luke bespin, Jango final battle and Mace Windu rescue?

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 11:27 AM
hey guys think i'm going out today to look for newer waves me and my friend brad who just signed up are going out together.

Mace Windex
05-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Does everyone have a Massiff, Orn Fre Taa, Endor Rebel, new Qui-gon, Vader, Luke bespin, Jango final battle and Mace Windu rescue?

I finally found the Bespin VAder today (bent card) but since I open em it wasn't a big deal. I also found Orn, the endor rebel, mace and Jango. There are tons of Mace and Jango around so picking them up is no problem. I actually bought QUi-Gon but took him back. I didn't like his stance. If anyone seriously wants any figs and doesn't mind shipping charges send me your list!

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 05:27 PM
i need a luke bespin and a massiff.

InsaneJediGirl
05-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Hey just to let everyone know, My wife went to Sam's Club today and came home with this really cool SW tin. It is round and the size of those tins full of popcorn that they usually put out at the holidays. There are 3 diff. ones. The one I got had 3 bags of Doritos in it and it is #2 of 3. It says Jedi Heros on it and has big pics of Yoda, Obi ,and Luke. There are also smaller pics around the can of Dooku, Vader vs. Obi, Luke and Leia, and more. If you have a membership to Sams, I say check them out. They only thing is she couldn't remember how much it was.

They are 7.99.The SSG front page has scans and articles on the three buckets/tins :D

I havent been out to look for new figures,I plan on going out soon,I hope

jawa01
05-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey AT-AT I had no luck at Wal-mart this morning. I'll keep my eyes open though.

AT-AT Man
05-27-2002, 07:39 PM
thanks for looking jawa.

jawa01
05-28-2002, 01:15 AM
I just wanted to gives everyone a heads up. I went to K-mart tonight and scored the Ultimate Jango 12 in. It is the best 12 in. yet. The detail is awesome. Plus, I had a raincheck from a couple of weeks ago so it cost me $32.99. Not too bad! Good luck.

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2002, 07:26 PM
A hearty welcome to all the new additions to our little club. It's nice to see all the traffic.

First off, thanks to DarthChuckMc, Run & I are now the happy owners of Palpy & Dijas. Unfortunately, there were only 2 of each left.

Next, needs list are a great idea. We've done them before and because of my next point, they'll be needed. Just keep others updated if you work out a trade/sell/deal w/ another member so we're not running around buying figures un-necessarily.

As for the third issue, it seems we have spys in out midst. DCMc overheard a conversation between some possible scalpers reading our posts and using the info to find figures. We're looking for ideas to continue to help one another without leaving too much info in the posts.

Right now, I would suggest leaving posts of what you've found but not exactly where. If someone in the group is interested, they can email or PM you for details. I know this cuts down on timelyness but it's a start. I don't want some losers trying to make money off of our conversations. That sucks!!!
:mad:

One last thing, try to use the quote function when the continuity of the posts is broken up with different thoughts or conversations. I was sort of lost on the last 2 pages.:crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
05-28-2002, 08:36 PM
Hey, Sid, when you were looking for the FX Palpatine, did you mean just the figure itself, or the base and window as well? I have all that, except the background picture ripped. Wait...now where did that base just run off to? :confused:

I've just been relaxing the past couple days, not even bothering looking for Djas yet. Actually, I was a little too bored. If I were to trade my Teebo loose, should I remove the acrylic paint first, or should I just ship him as pictured? :p

I also antiqued my Gonk droid, gave a battle droid a Geonosis makeover, and customized an Imperial astromech. Oh, and gave Zutton black nostrils...it's an...interesting...addition.

TK421BB
05-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Hello, I'm in sarasota and the TRU here had plenty of Dooku and yoda about 10-15 a piece and the At St...Has any one down here seen the bloody luke? Someone told me BJ's wholesale is selling figures. But I haven't checked for my self...

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2002, 10:58 PM
LT, sounds like you've been a busy boy.:D As far as the FX Emperor, I don't need the background but I do need the figure, base and window. LMK when you catch up with the base.;) Thanks!

TK, I haven't actually seen any bloody Luke's. The one I received from the fan club was plain. I'll keep an eye out though. I've heard Sarasota has had a healthy supply of those figures. I think it really boils down to Hasbro's inability to properly distribute the figures.:rolleyes:

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2002, 10:59 PM
BTW LT, I like your "convict" Teebo!

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2002, 11:26 PM
It's me again... 3 posts in a row... Woo Hoo!!!

Anyway, I haven't had a lot of luck finding some of the older items I need. Maybe my fellow Floridians, actually I'm a transplant - 6 years, can help out. Here's what I'm looking for:

Loose Ep. I Adi Gallia
Loose Cantina Band Member
Loose Cruisemissile Trooper
Base from Final Duel Cinema Scene
Commtech Chips
Freeze Frames

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember right now. Email me if you can help.:)

jawa01
05-28-2002, 11:26 PM
Hey Sid, thanks for the heads up about the scalpers. I would rather buy new guys and GIVE them away than see those idiots (for lack of a more colorful adjective) buy them and scalp 'em. I think the PM idea is the way to go. I work in retail and when I see the scalpers buying toys (mostly hot wheels around here) I just wanna trip 'em and step all over their stuff. I'd like to see 'em sell them then! By the way, where did you score Palpy and Dijas? Want, want, give, give!

jawa01
05-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Hey Sid, I've got Adi and comm. chips for ya. LMK.

Lord Tenebrous
05-29-2002, 12:20 AM
I found the location of the rogue Imperial base. Awaiting additional orders in the morning.

Runobot
05-29-2002, 07:22 AM
Sid, thanks again for picking up those figs for me. Your girlfriend is nice.

...I have not seen a bloody Luke yet, though I have seen plenty of clean versions.

AT-AT Man
05-29-2002, 08:16 AM
still nothing down here in the south. i went on a rampage, and found nothing, i just wana be in a store one day with a scalper, and we'll see who gets the rare toy. muhahaha. now i can go through my excellent plan. Oh my bad, i'm gettin way off topic. well to stay on topic, i get out of school friday, and then i have all summer to search. hopefully i'll go on a little roadtrip, and i can search other places as well.

Runobot
05-29-2002, 09:31 AM
AT-AT - Do you have a cd burner? I still want to get a copy of that VCD.

InsaneJediGirl
05-29-2002, 11:11 AM
Found the Starwars Tins at Sams Club yesterday.I got the "Jedi Hero" one and plan on going back to get the other two.They are very,very nice tins:D I recomend you guys pick some up while they are still around.

Still havent found much here...but I havent been looking.I've scaled back my collecting a bit.Hopefully,It'll pick up in the summer.

:rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
05-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Sorry...Forgot one thing.I like your idea Sidiously!If I find anything I'll just PM all of you guys :D

Runobot
05-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Well, the problem with the PM thing is that no one can verify that anyone else on the thread is a scalper or not! <b>Anyone of us could be one a scalper. </b>

I guess that the best thing to do would be to check to see who has posted the location of hard to find figures here in the past. Anyone that did not could be considered a potential scalper.

Of course, if you personally know someone then you can verify they are not a scalper also...

<b>So who is on the non-scalper list then and who should we pm? </b>

Well, I would say Sid and Darth Chuck, as they have definitely notified me of some "scalping worthy" stuff before, so I doubt they scalp. I think that this should be our criteria to establish who is not a scalper.

I would say myself, but I don't think that would be fair to do. Though as Sid has seen my collection I think he knows I am a collector... :)

Then, what about new collectors? How will we let them in on our pm thing? Anyone new can fake that they are not a scalper by giving us some news.

Ahh! This sucks, our club is contaminated and I don't know what to do!!!

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 12:35 PM
[i]Ahh! This sucks, our club is contaminated and I don't know what to do!!! [/B]

LOL!:p Run, focus and use the Force. Thanks for my first laugh of the day.

I think everyone here is pretty safe. So far, I have no reason not to trust anybody in our group.

What I would like to know is where everyone lives. Like myself, Run, Braki-wan(where's he been lately?) and DarthChuckMc live in the Greater Orlando area or close by. Insane lives in the Ocala area, I think. TK421BB is in Sarasota. DCMc also covers the Titusville area sometimes, I think. I'm just curious about the areas we cover. I for one usually go no further than Sanford, but that's rare.

I think this will help in situations where someone wants something and needs another member to send it to them or would actually want to venture out a considerable distance.

jawa01
05-29-2002, 12:35 PM
I would like to say that I am not a scalper. I know that I am new her, and no one can back me up, but I just want a place where I can talk to collectors like myself and help out, and get help, finding new stuff. As soon as I find new dudes, I will let everyone know. I am actually trying to hook up AT-AT and Sid with some stuff they need. I just don't want to be branded a scalper because I'm new and don't have anyone to vouch for me. Thanks.

jawa01
05-29-2002, 12:38 PM
I'm down in Port Charlotte. Here we have a KB, Wal-mart,
K-mart, Target and TRU. Most of my findings have been at Wal-mart. The rest pretty much suck. Except that I found 12 inch Jango at K-mart. (first thing I've found there since ROTJ!) Just kidding! But the do pretty much suck.

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 12:45 PM
I would like to say that I am not a scalper. I know that I am new her, and no one can back me up, but I just want a place where I can talk to collectors like myself and help out, and get help, finding new stuff. As soon as I find new dudes, I will let everyone know. I am actually trying to hook up AT-AT and Sid with some stuff they need. I just don't want to be branded a scalper because I'm new and don't have anyone to vouch for me. Thanks.

J1, you're cool with me. I think Run's just a little frustrated over the idea that a few losers are trying to profit off of our joy of Star Wars and helping out a fellow collector.

Insane, I haven't had a chance to check on the tins at Sam's but thanks to all that reminded us of them.:D

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 12:53 PM
Port Charlotte, you're kind of close to TK in Sarasota. That town tends to have a good selection, from what I've heard.

Greater Orlando Area:
Runobot
Braki-wan
DarthChuckMc
Sidiously Darth

Ocala:
InsaneJediGirl

Sarasota:
TK421BB

Port Charlotte:
Jawa01

AT-AT, I might like to get copies of both those movies also. Thanks!

TK421BB
05-29-2002, 12:54 PM
I went to BJ's wholesale club today in sarasota and they had figures in packs of 2. Nothing special just carded and in a clear plastic shell with 2 figures in it for $11.99. They also had packages of episode2 pez dispensers..

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 01:25 PM
I haven't been by BJ's yet. We have one here in Orlando. I'm assuming it's like Costco or Sam's. What's the membership costs?

jawa01
05-29-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

J1, you're cool with me. I think Run's just a little frustrated over the idea that a few losers are trying to profit off of our joy of Star Wars and helping out a fellow collector.

Insane, I haven't had a chance to check on the tins at Sam's but thanks to all that reminded us of them.:D

Thanks Sid. As soon as I get a chance I'll send you a list of the comm chips I have. I'll send you all of the ones I have because I really could care less about 'em. I am keeping the jawa one though. I kinda like those little scavengers :D . I will send those to you along w/ Adi. E-mail me your address and we'll work the rest out. :cool:

jawa01
05-29-2002, 02:38 PM
Yes, it's me again. I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be attending Wizard World in Chicago in July. There will be a few SW people there signing autos. I have most of them already ( I go to the show every year and it's mostly the same people). I can't promise anyhting, but if anyone is interested I might be able to hook you guys up with autos. They are usually around $20.00 ($5.00 for pic and $15.00 for auto). You can go to wizardworld.com, click on Chicago, then guest list to see whos gonna be there. If any one is interested, send me a PM and I can TRY and see what I can do. :cool:

InsaneJediGirl
05-29-2002, 03:08 PM
Just to let everyone know,I am not a scapler,just a struggling High School student;)

J01,Will the guests sign more than just photos?Like Action Figures??:D :D :D Also, Jawa,The Publix Lady has still not called me back.I do not think the Frito-Lay Vendor comes in until Thursday.However,I have a bad feeling the promotion is already over with.:mad:

Runobot
05-29-2002, 03:10 PM
In Orlando I think that I paid about $20 each for Darth Vader's and Chewbacca's signatures with the pictures.

Jawa - you do know we have a pretty big convention here where a lot of SW actors come every February, right? It is called Megacon and last year they had Darth, R2, and Aurra Sing as far as I can remember.

I am going to the one in San Diego in August, supposedly the biggest comic convention in the US, that should be fun.

jawa01
05-29-2002, 04:03 PM
I usually have to choose between the megacon and the FX con, and the FX con won this year. There are TONS more toys at the FX con. It is in Orlando every year right around the beginning of Feb. This years con was great. Yes IJG, they do sign figs, but it's still like $15.00 for the auto. To change the subject a little, when I got home today the mailman was kind enough to leave a large box from Canada at my front door. I love getting mail, it's like christmas! It was my Canadian Ep II cereal w/ clone trooper helmet. It is very cool. I ordered it from this place called The Outer Reaches. Not too bad for $29.00. Hey Bot, LMK if they are gonna have any cool SW people in Cali. Maybe you could hook me up w/ an auto.

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 04:30 PM
J1, how big is the helmet? I have one of the smaller scale Boba Fett helmets that sits on a black stand. It's about the size of a softball.

AT-AT Man
05-29-2002, 06:01 PM
ok hey guys,i live in wellington, it is just west of palm beach, my friend brad, who has not posted yet, is also on this board.

Hey sid, i don't know if i can get it for you, i have two copies, one for me, and i'm in a trade right now. if that falls through, you will be next though.sorry

Still haven't found anything, went to publix today, i asked one of the floor managers bout the posters, she had no idea. i was very mad.

TK421BB
05-29-2002, 06:07 PM
Sidouisly Darth, I think the membership is the same as a sam's club membership, but I don''t know. I sneaked in because someone told me they had bloody luke's in the 2pks, but I didn't find any. Figures here aren't to hard to find when they get here, I have a couple of error figures Padme' with a mole on the end of her nose, anakin outland with his eyes looking up with darker eye brows and a kit fisto with a brown head. I don't think they even painted him....

DarthChuckMc
05-29-2002, 06:47 PM
Ok,
First up, Jawa, how much was the Clonetrooper Helmet with cereal total? Shipping and all......second did you eat the cereal :)

Next question,
Do the plastic cases that the Sam's Club 2 packs come in, look like they are large enough to hold the Masters of the Darkside and Maul vs. Obi-wan 2 packs? If so, I need to head to Sam's.

Who all needs a "bloody" Luke? LMK, and I'll try to help. I've found 2 so far, but the second one has already been spoken for.

DarthChuckMc
05-29-2002, 06:48 PM
TK421,
Do you have a pic of your unpainted Kit? I would like to see that.

AT-AT Man
05-29-2002, 07:11 PM
hey DCM i need a luke, i don't care if it's loose MOC or bloody non bloody, i jus need one, as long as it is complete.

jawa01
05-29-2002, 08:55 PM
O.k. this goes out to all. First off, the helmet is the size of a regular Don Post helmet, it's just not made of the same thickness of plastic but it is awesome. And no. I didn't eat the cereal. I'm not an opener unless I have more than one. :D It cost $29.99 + $12.00 s&h. Also. DCM, I need a bloody Luke. If you find me one. I'll be in your debt. :cool:

AT-AT Man
05-29-2002, 09:21 PM
hey going to K B tommorow after school. i'll be on the look out for my self and others, does anyone need anything.

TK421BB
05-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Kit fitso brown head.......The only thing green is some of his spotts on the back of his head look at his head compared to his hands...

jawa01
05-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
hey going to K B tommorow after school. i'll be on the look out for my self and others, does anyone need anything.

I need Palpy, Djas, and Bloody luke. Thanx for askin' :D

AT-AT Man
05-29-2002, 09:43 PM
your very welcom jawa i will look for you.

Sidiously Darth
05-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Here's what we have so far:

Greater Orlando Area:
Runobot
Braki-wan
DarthChuckMc
Sidiously Darth

Ocala:
InsaneJediGirl

Sarasota:
TK421BB

Port Charlotte:
Jawa01

Wellington:
AT-AT Man
& his friend

I think that's everyone so far except for LT.

jawa01
05-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Does anybody out there have any SW Lego people that they would like to part with? If so, please LMK. Thanks:D

Lord Tenebrous
05-29-2002, 11:46 PM
My actual town sucks as far as figures, so I buy most of my figures in Vero Beach, but I look as far south as Fort Pierce, and as far north as Melbourne.

Runobot
05-30-2002, 08:50 AM
Green clones confirmed!!!

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020528.html

InsaneJediGirl
05-30-2002, 12:09 PM
The WM displays will be taken down by this weekend(at least in my area).I suggest to anyone who wants the displays to go and ask for them now.Ask the the Toy Manager,because the Stock People dont know anything:) :D

Found 1 Royal Guard today..it was hidden behind the Slave Is.I'll probably make a trip to TRU next month,its kinda far to drive up there in hopes of finding something that I know wont be there.

Thanks for the update Runobot on the green clone troopers!

Also,Did anyone see those Target Exclusives?I think they are rather nice,I just hate the fact that they are exclusive :(

Sidiously Darth
05-30-2002, 12:33 PM
I thought they looked nice. I wonder if the Death Star Trooper is still in that stupid running pose? As far as the Hoth trooper, it looks like a head swap between Hoth Luke and Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Runobot
05-30-2002, 12:41 PM
What target exclusives?

InsaneJediGirl
05-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Runobot
What target exclusives?

Look on the SSG front page :D

Runobot
05-30-2002, 03:20 PM
yeah, I saw it, thanks