PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Collectors Club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sidiously Darth
08-15-2001, 10:52 PM
I'm starting this group in honor of Runobot. He started our club and he deserves the credit!:cool:

SirSteve
08-16-2001, 12:04 AM
We now have a "Collector's Club" forum.

Sidiously Darth
08-17-2001, 01:15 AM
Thanks SirSteve! The collectors club section says "Trades Only". I've actually bought items from my fellow Orlando Collectors. It just seemed this would be the right place for us to meet.

Only if the rest show up!!! Hey guys, where are you at?:confused:

Runobot
08-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Hey, did you argue with the boss? You are crazy!

Anyway, it is just you and me, AGAIN!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236

Sidiously Darth
08-21-2001, 03:56 PM
There can be only 2...

Runobot
08-23-2001, 12:56 PM
Damn, this thread has been viewed 83 times, even though there are only 5 posts! Who the hell is viewing it? I thought we were the only two left...Interesting.

Sidiously Darth
08-25-2001, 07:07 PM
Well, I spoke to braki-wan the other day and he said he just hasn't reregistered yet. I don't know about anyone else.

You know what's going to happen. As soon as the hype for the other 2 exclusives starts up, they'll return.

We must stand firm and keep the club going!:p

Sidiously Darth
08-27-2001, 07:34 PM
I spoke w/ customer service at the Alt. Springs TRU yesterday. I gave her the SKN#. She said they were on order but no stores had them in yet. She said they may be in later this week. That's the good news.

Unfortunately, they only ordered a little over 1,000 units, approx. 6 per case(?) She couldn't tell me if this was just for the Central FL area or all of FL.:(

Anyway, looks like we may have to keep our eyes open on this one. I know B-Wings can be found w/ ease, but I'm not so sure about the Interceptor. Good luck all!

Runobot
08-27-2001, 08:00 PM
Well, I called that same TRU on Friday and they said that there are about 1500 ordered for the Georgia/Florida area. So if we get 750 each state, how many is that per TRU? How many TRU are there around here?

Also, what is going on with the Bomber? It is almost September.

I just don't think Hasbro will release them both at the same time, since production has been so slow they may want to space it out...

braki-wan
08-28-2001, 06:43 PM
Hey guys,

Well I finally registered, and all is well. I have gotten a new position at work that has more hours. The good news is that I will be driving around town all day, so I can make a few detours here and there to check for exclusives.

I did want to let you guys know that the palm talkers have made an appearance in our area. My lovely wife picked up a set for me on Friday. So if you are interested (and not to many people seem to be) start looking, cause they are here. I heard really soon on the Tie Interceptor, not sure about the Walmart ones. Take care

Sidiously Darth
08-29-2001, 10:43 PM
And then there were three...

It's like reverse Agatha Christie!

Sidiously Darth
09-06-2001, 08:16 PM
What's happened to us guys? There's no activity here. Does that mean no one is buying SW in the area now?

Runobot
09-07-2001, 09:43 PM
I have not bought anything lately, what is there to get? Really ?I am not that excited at all about anything other that the new imperial ships.

I am on a Transformers kick during this lull in SW stuff. I got some new transformers and even ordered a Starscream reissue off ebay...

Runobot
09-11-2001, 04:34 PM
I hate to seem so trivial on this day with a post about toys, but...

I went to TRU at Altimonte today hoping that maybe the Tie Interceptor would be there. I guess I thought maybe it would help me feel better. Anyway, it was not there, but there are 2 Han Stormtrooper disguise and 1 Trooper there as of approximately 5:15.

If any of you lost anyone today I just want to say that I am sorry and my heart is with you.

Sidiously Darth
09-11-2001, 06:38 PM
I haven't had any luck w/ the Interceptor either. Hopefully, they will be as plentiful in the future as the B-wing seems to be now.

I would also like to send out my thoughts and prayers to those affected by this tragedy.

braki-wan
09-12-2001, 07:43 PM
Hey guys,

It looks like it is just the three of us for now. I would like to follow you're lead in extending my thoughts and wishes to everyone who may have been affected by this. The whole last 24 hours has been a blur, it really puts things in perspective. I agree with runabout that i feel silly posting toy reports, but I agree that it feels good doing things you normally do. On that note, the Shmi and Obi Wan wave has arrived at Target. LEt me know if you guys need them and I will keep my eyes open over the weekend. Take care.

Sidiously Darth
09-20-2001, 07:31 PM
Haven't seen much new stuff out there. I did see a Saesee Tin at the Forest City WM. Not that I need him or anything. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

BTW, you can order the Tie Interceptor from TRU website through Amazon.

Runobot
09-21-2001, 04:54 PM
Charles, call me immediately if not sooner!!!

Sidiously Darth
09-22-2001, 01:42 AM
Jeff,

Sorry! Didn't get your message until 2:37am Sat. Will call you at a reasonable hour later on today.:D

I did come across a case of the newest wave at Forest City WM. There are 3 Shmi's & 3 Obi's, 2 each of the Duros, Ketwol, & Bespin Guard. That's about it. Later guys!

Runobot
09-26-2001, 07:27 PM
I found Luke X-wing and the new Han solo tonight on target on 1792. I hid them, email me for the location.

braki-wan
09-29-2001, 12:47 PM
Hey Guys,

In case you two dont already have them, there were about 20 Tie Interceptors at the TRU in Sanford. Its a bit of a drive but its right off the interstate. Talk to you later.

Sidiously Darth
09-30-2001, 12:20 AM
What's up Alan?

Jeff already has his, but I'm still on the hunt. Maybe I'll take an early trip to Sanford tomorrow.

He also just bought a new tv...54" I think. Says we'll have our first meeting at his house when EP1 hits on DVD. Sounds good to me.

BTW, I'm still after an Emperor's Wrath Vader.

Thanks for the info!

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2001, 01:08 PM
Hey guys!

I hooked up w/ the ever elusive Tie Interceptor yesterday. I took Alan's advice and headed up to Sanford. They had about 10 more when I arrived. Nothing much else except the new Han & Imperial 12".

I like the look, but I have to say it is not quite enough for $30. The head on the pilot is very loose, also. Anyway it will go well w/ the collection.

As far as the Tie Bomber, AT-ST & Snowspeeder, they will not come out until early next year.

BTW, if anyone has an extra Tie Fighter (POTF2) laying around or knows someone who has one to get rid of, let me know.

Later!

Runobot
10-09-2001, 01:20 PM
I found the new wave today at Wal-mart on 436. I stashed a set, shoot me an email. Charles, you know where they are (same spot as the Bespin guard in Target), but this walmart has 2 options, versus the one in target...(Hint, go to the one on the left)

See, now isn't that going to be fun to find? If you can...MUUUUAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA (that is my evil laugh!)

Sidiously Darth
10-09-2001, 02:40 PM
Thanks Jeff!

I'll be heading there tonight.

BTW, does anyone have an extra Tie Fighter sitting around. I need a second for display purposes. Loose is fine. Thanks!

Runobot
10-09-2001, 04:13 PM
I just got a loose one from ebay for around $30. I think that is your best bet.

Sidiously Darth
10-10-2001, 02:36 PM
Jeff,

I found the figs. There were none left on the pegs. I left the Luke b/c I don't need him. The Vader looks great & the Han is okay.

If anyone needs a Luke, it's still in its hiding spot.

Runobot
10-12-2001, 08:47 AM
I found 2 Obi-Wans in Jedi training gear today at Target. Let me know and I will tell you where. I didn't even know these guys were out, or even being made.

Alos, I saw the 12" Luke/speeder bike. Looked good

B-wings are on clearance for 27.90 and still warming pegs.

Sidiously Darth
10-18-2001, 07:45 PM
What's up guys?

Everyone get their copy of Ep. 1. What I've watched so far is pretty great.

As far as toys go, nothing new. I still haven't seen the palm talkers.:(

On another front, if anyone comes across the TRU's exclusive Simpsons Halloween Playset, email or call me. Thanks!:(

JediKnightBai
10-28-2001, 02:55 PM
Hi,I'm sorta new to this forum but have read it for awhile(Makes no sense,I know,lol).Anyways..I live in Ocala and the TRU by us is
putting all their SW stuff on clearance.I got a big 12'' figure for 3 bucks...Is Orlando doing this too?

Runobot
10-30-2001, 03:24 PM
Hey, glad to hear from you. Welcome. That is good news. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe I will swing by Altimonte TRU tonight...

Runobot
10-31-2001, 06:34 AM
There were no new sales at Altimonte TRU.

braki-wan
10-31-2001, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone,

Finally have something to report. I saw the new deluxe figures today at the EB in the Fashion Square mall. They had the Luke with Bacta Tank and the Shirtless Maul. Both looked darn good I must say but, and a rather large but for my wallet, were 14.99 each. I held off for a cheaper price but if you guys want them, they are there. Havent seen any B-Wings since they went down to $20, guess they got bought up. Seems like this last wave of figures with Xwing Luke and Vader is one of the easiest to find, I have seen them in large amounts at Target. Thats all for now

Sidiously Darth
10-31-2001, 08:24 PM
Hey Guys!

Not much new here. Glad to see a new addition to the group.

JediKnightBai
11-02-2001, 08:06 AM
No new sales?Maybe Ocala is just acting stupid as usual,they like to put things on clearance if there on the shelf for more than 2 days.

No sightings of the new figures here :mad: :( I hope we get them soon though

Runobot
11-06-2001, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, it is slow as hell, no? I am just wondering...

What are the latest release dates for:

1) AT-ST/speeder bike
2) Tie Bomber
3) Snow Speeder
4) New line of He-man figures
5) Scourge (from the new Transformers - he is a black optimus prime and looks killer!)

I hope the bomber is coming out before 2002!

Anyone know? Are there any good toy collecting web pages out there for this info? I havfen't found any (for non SW toys that is)

Sidiously Darth
11-07-2001, 08:31 PM
What's up Jeff?

Most of that stuff, at least the SW stuff, is not slated until early next year. It's unfortunate that there will be no new Star Wars items to put under the Christmas tree.

Anyway, I can't help you on the others. Check w/ Toy Fare mag or their website. Maybe that will help.

I still haven't seen any of the palm talkers. Not that I was going to buy them anyway.

BTW, has anyone picked up the new deluxe figs yet? Just curious.

Later!

JediKnightBai
11-10-2001, 08:44 PM
No new deluxe figures here :confused: I'm kinda mad at that too because I wanted to see the Luke in Bacta,I think it will be nice to finally have a little Bacta scene((Okay..Maybe I'm just weird?))

Sidiously Darth
11-11-2001, 01:40 PM
Oh No! Not another weirdo... just what we need around here.:p

Heck, my girlfriend thinks it's weird to collect all this stuff but she deals with it.

Runobot
11-11-2001, 01:46 PM
Freaks, we are all freaks! lol

JediKnightBai
11-11-2001, 03:30 PM
lol..Yeah I suppose so:eek: :evil:

Your looking for a non-starwars page for whatever your looking for?..try www.figures.com I dont know how much It'll help you though

Sidiously Darth
11-15-2001, 08:51 PM
What's up guys!

I picked up a B-Wing for $9.97 at the Cassleberry Target today. Figured it was worth it.

I also bought an Ep. I Armored Scout Transport at Alt. Springs TRU for $1.97.

They actually had several Interceptors on the shelf and 1 Luke Bacta Tank.

Thats all for now!

Runobot
11-16-2001, 08:40 AM
I went there and did not see any B-wings, where there any left? The one by my house on 1792, right?

Sidiously Darth
11-16-2001, 06:41 PM
There were 3 left on an endcap facing the back wall where the games are. I picked up one and a lady got one for her husband. It was the one on 17/92. I'm not sure how long they had been there. Good luck!

Runobot
11-18-2001, 07:32 AM
yeah, well I guess I missed it because I checked again. Oh well.

KB at Oveido mall has some peg warmers for 2.99 (Leia General, Chop Suey Darth Mall, R2, and Tatooine Quigon)

I am off to Ft. Lauderdale today. It is always fun going there because they have a better supply of stuff than we do here. OK, take it easy guys.

braki-wan
11-19-2001, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone,

Been a while since I had a chance to post. First off, Charles, great deal on the B-Wing. Ive been looking but they went fast after that second markdown. Remember all the trouble we went through to get that doggon thing.
Also, check KMarts for the deluxe figures. I have seen them there a few times. Hopefully the next wave will be out soon, give us something to shoot for.

Sidiously Darth
11-28-2001, 05:25 PM
Hey Alan!

Nice to see we're all still here from time to time. I guess I got lucky on the B-Wing.:D

I currently have the Luke & Maul deluxe figs. Looking for the other 2, though.

I did pick up a Vader Palm Talker. He made the trip to NC during Thanksgiving. We stopped at South of the Border on the NC/SC line and bought him a mini sombrero. It fit perfectly. He is now known as Senor Vader. Beware his Mexican Darkside!:evil:

JediKnightBai
12-01-2001, 08:08 PM
LOL..Senor Vader?

Anyways,Not much happening here in Ocala:mad:

Did anyone see the new 25th Anniversary items they are going to put out?If not,check out CollectStarwars.com

They could have did a better job on the Luke and Leia set though...oh well.

Runobot
12-05-2001, 02:47 PM
Did you guys see this yet? He looks awesome...

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnewscontent.cfm?id=298

Sidiously Darth
12-05-2001, 02:48 PM
Hey Guys!

Has anyone seen any of the latest wave out? I haven't been out and about lately.

Later!

braki-wan
12-05-2001, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I have not seen the new wave out yet. I am hoping before the holidays, but time will tell.
I wanted to let everyone know also that Target has cut the price of their 12 inch figures to $15 and the Luke with Speeder bike to $40. I am hoping to find a Han in Stormtrooper disguise for $15, that would be cool, the Luke will have to wait for clearance.

Runobot
12-05-2001, 07:35 PM
I feel no need for that luke anyway, now I would buy it on clearance if they have plans on making a single 12" scout trooper...

No luck with the new figures, just the deluxes. Hasbro seems to be pushing other toys right now, no? It seems that the transforemers is their main focus. Oh well...

Good luck

JediKnightBai
12-08-2001, 10:19 PM
We have some stuff here..Palm Talkers..some new Action figures..the Luke..Thats about it.They are pushing this Rumble Robot thing in my town...Lots of delexue figures.

Runobot
12-09-2001, 07:02 AM
Yeah, there are tons of the delux figures here as well, but that is about it. Does anyone know if they dropped the price on the Dewback again or is it still $30?

Runobot
12-12-2001, 07:22 PM
Well Luke and Yoda is at Casselberry Walmart, if anyone is interested.

Also, I saw a million Luke speeder bikes tonight, can you say clearance?

Sidiously Darth
12-12-2001, 08:12 PM
If only I collected those darn 12" figures. But alas, I save my money for the small ones.

Anyway, has anyone seen a deluxe leia and amanaman sitting around. I actually need 2 amanamans or is that 2 amanaman. A co-worker would like one.

Any help would be appreciated. Good luck guys!

JediKnightBai
12-12-2001, 10:39 PM
Nope,I havent seen any Leia and Amanaman(s) here or in Gainsville..So I suppose they just havent arrived?

The dewbacks are still $30 here too..lots of Luke with speeder bikes..Which cost a bit much for me:greedy: Good idea with the clearance Runobot,they are going to have so many collecting dust in the stores.

Runobot
12-13-2001, 06:47 AM
Did you guys read that the Fambas were marked down to $17.50 at FAO Schwartz? It was posted on this home page. They neglected to mention which FAO it was (I guess NJ because that is where the guy is from) but I am going to call our store and check the prices. If they are lower who is going with me? I will be there first thing today!

Runobot
12-13-2001, 02:36 PM
Oh well, it seems that our FAO still has them for $37.50. It was worth a shot though.

Sidiously Darth
12-13-2001, 07:31 PM
I gave FAO a call today, and they said the same thing.

It seems the NJ location is one of the ones being sold. That's why they have cut the prices.

Too bad, I thought about getting one myself.:(

Runobot
12-18-2001, 07:09 AM
I saw those little Japanese looking deformed guys at Altimonte TRU yesterday.

Runobot
12-24-2001, 08:11 AM
Target on 1792 has a bunch of star wars stuff on clearance

Luke/bike is now about $30 and there is only one left
Fgures are 4.50
12" guys are on clearance also.

They also have a bunch of other toys on clearance there. Is this an isolated store or are they all like that?

Sidiously Darth
12-25-2001, 02:45 PM
I don't know. I haven't been to a Target in about a month. I do know, there aren't any new figs out or the other 2 deluxe figures. And I've hit several WMs in the past week.:cry:

Anyway guys, hope you all have Happy Holidays!:crazed:

JediKnightBai
12-26-2001, 07:30 PM
I think you might have an isolated store sale.I went to Target about 2 weeks ago,and nothing Starwars related was on sale in the Toy department or the Clearance department.

TRU in Ocala here has had some great sales on pegwarmers,and
Ep1 stuff they couldn't sell,which I suppose is also an isolated TRU store event.

No new deluxe figures here.If I see one,I'll try to pick up an extra one(Depending on how much money I blew on other SW stuff,lol)

Hope y'all had a great X-Mas :happy:

braki-wan
12-27-2001, 04:45 PM
Hi to all!

Hope you guys had a good holiday. I wanted to report I also spotted some clearance figures for 4.50 and 12 inchers for $10 at a couple of Targets. Seemed like what I mostly saw was the X Wing Lukes and the new Hans.
Also Anamanan and the Leia with cannon have made an appearance. I picked up the last Anamanan at the TRU at Fashion Square on Christmas Eve (which was weird because the day before I was there and all they had was the Leias) Keep your eyes peeled for em.

Sidiously Darth
12-27-2001, 08:13 PM
Good job Alan!

I've seen that phenomenon before but in the same day. I think it was a WM.

I think the answer is simple though... New case is put out and one or two people come in and buy them all. But scalping is so early to late '90s.

Anyway, glad you found one. As plentiful as the deluxe Mauls and Lukes are, I don't think they'll be hard to find.

Later guys!

InsaneJediGirl
01-12-2002, 08:32 PM
(This is JediKnightBai,Just changed the name,kept getting it confused with a few RP boards)

I got wind that the Wal-Mart here in Summerfield is having a
clearance on SW Stuff.I'm checking it out tonight,so I'll tell you
if I find anything.Any clearances going on down in Orlando?

InsaneJediGirl
01-14-2002, 08:23 AM
The cashier told me wrong.I talked to the department head of toys and he said they had a clearance of Barbies not Starwars.

:D Have fun guys!

Sidiously Darth
01-15-2002, 01:15 PM
I haven't seen much of anything here in Orlando. Althought, I really haven't been looking much lately. Saving money b/c we're leaving for San Francisco tomorrow. I've heard they don't have Wal-Mart, Target, etc. out there. I'll let everyone know what the SW situation over there is like when I return.

Good luck all!

InsaneJediGirl
01-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Have a nice trip.So they don't have Wal-Marts over there..How do they survive?lol

Runobot
01-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Some thoughts...

First of all, a girl! Wow, we have a girl. I had no clue.

Secondly, I have seen quite a few Sail Barge Leias, for the big $15 at Target. Nowhere else though.

3) The clearance figures at Target are now $3.20

4) The new GI Joe guys rule.

5) Have fun in Cali.

InsaneJediGirl
01-16-2002, 01:12 PM
3) The clearance figures at Target are now $3.20

Really?I guess I'll have to stop by.:greedy: :greedy:

Is it really that exciting to have me here?lol..I know many girls
dont collect SW stuff..its a shame!:D

Dark Knight
01-16-2002, 07:36 PM
I was wondering if any of you Flordians' were going to it? It on Feb 16-17.Also any sugguestion where to stay or not to stay.

Your my only hope......

:D :confused: :D

Runobot
01-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Going to what?

Dark Knight
01-18-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Runobot
Going to what?

To the Fx2002 show. It is a huge indoor collectible toy show.

Runobot
01-18-2002, 11:35 AM
I may go, where is it being held? Is there a web page for more information?

Runobot
01-18-2002, 11:39 AM
OK, I found it. I will probably go.

http://www.fxshow.com/

I did not look around yet, but I do not know Orlando that well really. Maybe someone else can help out.

Sidiously Darth
01-23-2002, 01:46 PM
I'm Back from SF! SW collecting in that city will be a nightmare if and when we move out there. No Targets, WM's, K-Marts, etc. Unless you drive to possibly Oakland or about an hour out of town.

I covered a few of the so-called comic/collectible shops. Not much there. The one place I did find some stuff was Jeffery's Toys. It was like an oversized KB w/ comics. They had mainly what we have here.

The one thing I miss was the FAO. We were heading out, so I didn't get a chance to check it out. I'm sure figs there are about the same as here.:rolleyes:

DK,

About staying here for FX. Since it is on International Drive, I would check on the hotels in that area. I-Drive is pretty long and it is a big tourist area. I'm not sure about room rates but the hotel tax is 14%. Good luck!

Sidiously Darth
01-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Hey guys and gal!

Don't forget about MegaCon. It's the weekend after FX2002. Here's the address www.megaconvention.com

DK,

There is hotel info on both websites.

InsaneJediGirl
01-23-2002, 02:06 PM
First off..How was your trip to CA Sidiously?

The MegaCon sounds great.I might try coming down to Orlando
for a day or so.I heard about last years and heard good things
about it.:D

Runobot
01-23-2002, 02:20 PM
I am definitely going to Megacon all 3 days. If anyone wants to go contact me and I will meet you. It is great if you are interested in comics and anime, but if you only want Star Wars stuff then I suggest you just buy it off ebay. After all, there is an $18 fee to get in and the prices there are not that great. It is quite an experience though.

Let me know if you guys are going.

Sidiously Darth
01-25-2002, 11:09 PM
SF was great. A bit on the chilly side, though. I would definitely take SF over Orlando any day. Besides, my 49ers are there. Great city, my favorite football team and bars with 30 or more different beers on tap. My only problem would be finding SW stuff. I'm sure w/ time I could sniff out where to get what I want.

Anyway, if you ever have a chance to go out there, take it!

Sidiously Darth
01-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Hi All!

I found the last 2 deluxe figs today at the Target on 17/92. I didn't get them b/c of the $15.99 price tag. I can order them for that much including shipping. If anyone sees them at WM, leave a message. Thanks!

braki-wan
01-28-2002, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has seen the last few waves of figures. I am beginning to think they never made it here. I dont get out like I used to but i havent seen the FX 7 wave or the snaggletooth (insert formal name here) wave. I was just curious if my luck is that bad or what.
Charles, I saw the Deluxe at Target too. $15.99 is way to high. Even EB lowered theirs to $10., Im sure Target will too eventually. Hope to see you guys at the FX show.

Sidiously Darth
01-28-2002, 10:54 PM
I haven't seen any of the current waves in this area. Not even through ebay. This area has been pretty dry lately.

Jeff,
I know what you're saying about not getting out as much now. But I will be at FX and Megacon. Most likely on their respective Sundays. Maybe I'll see you there.

Everyone else should go even if it's to just look.

Runobot
01-29-2002, 06:54 AM
Nothing new, just the deluxes at Target. I doubt I am going to that FX show because I intendend to spend some big money at Megacon on some original comic book artwork. There are really no toys out there that I want right now. Plus, there will be toys at Megacon anyway.

Have you guys been to FX? Is it worth going to? What are your opinions? I may go (it was only $9, right?)

braki-wan
01-29-2002, 05:47 PM
I think overall the FX show is a good show. My wife collects beanies and i collect toys so it covers both bases. There is really not a lot of rare stuff there, but there are a lot of tables. And it gets really crowded, uncomfortably so at times.

If you've never been I think its worth it. IF you have been I noticed that the same dealers are there each year in pretty much the same location. I was able to score the Japanese palm talker Darth Maul last year, and it is one of my favorite toys (I like odd things I guess). We're going to try Sunday this year, hopefully it will be less crowded and to get some dealers to haggle a little!

Sidiously Darth
01-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Well guys & gal, (it's so cool we have a female in the group) I found out today that I will not be attending FX. I'll be at the 500 Sat. & Sun. I requested to work the race and forgot that it was the same weekend as FX. Oh well, I saved myself some money. I will be attending MegaCon, though. Hope to see you there.

InsaneJediGirl
01-29-2002, 09:09 PM
I probably wont make either :( It would take 2 and and half hours
for me to get there,then waste my money on figures I can pick up on the net or Wal-Mart.

I havent seen any new deluxe figures here...or new waves.Maybe I'm not looking hard enough,lol

PS-Its cool being with ya guys too

Sidiously Darth
01-31-2002, 03:22 AM
Wow, Guys and Girls getting along! Who would have ever thunk that.:D

Well, looks like another change in plans. I may make it to FX after all. Looks like NASCAR decided to start charging media outlets $800 per minute of live air time after the first 6 minutes. Channel 2 decided to scrap all their plans for the weekend of the 500. So I'll be working at the station on Sat. and should have Sun. off. I figured I'd have more fun walking around FX instead of driving an hour, waiting in traffic for gosh knows how long and picking up my credentials so I could watch the race. The convention center is much closer.

Don't worry about finding any new figs I-J-G. We can't find them in Orlando either. I did however see one on ebay from here, an Eth Koth to be exact. Hmmmm.....

InsaneJediGirl
01-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Orginally Posted by Sidiously Darth
Don't worry about finding any new figs I-J-G. We can't find them in Orlando either. I did however see one on ebay from here, an Eth Koth to be exact. Hmmmm.....

Its the stockpeople...Evil they are....

News Channel 2 is not showing NASCAR now?Hmm..No wonder
why I watch News Channel 9,lol.

Sidiously Darth
02-01-2002, 01:24 AM
Don't get me wrong. We're still airing the race b/c it's NBC programming. They've just canned all the live stuff we were going to do there. We were going to have a live special that Sunday in place of our 6pm news. B/c of the new sanctions NASCAR imposed, they decided to drop it and go with a newscast. The news will air earlier than usual and the race will be on live after that. Hope that clears that up.;)

InsaneJediGirl
02-01-2002, 10:05 AM
Umm..Yep it does:D

Sidiously Darth
02-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Insane,

I saw your post in the Found USA section. Why didn't you tell us that the 25th anniversary figs and other new figs had shown up in Marion Co.? Not to say I'd drive all that way to buy them, but we've been dry as heck around here. I've seen nothing new here since the Luke X-wing wave. Can't hold information from us. Ve have vays to make you talk!:p

InsaneJediGirl
02-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Eeep!Sorry M'Lord(lol)

Okay..Well nothing new since then has turned up in Marion County.We are still waiting for Eeth,FX,Teebo,and a bunch
of others.There might be some a the TRU,but its expensive
so I rarely go there.

So far we only have the Luke/Leia & Han/Chewie 25th Anni sets...Still waiting for Obi/Vader. :mad:

Runobot
02-03-2002, 03:43 PM
See, that miscommunication just shows you that this thread should really be in the just found section.

I never go there anymore because it moved, therefore I never know what is available where...

We should move this thread back there again!

BTW I saw some of the 25 anniversary also on Friday @ target by the Fashion Square Mall

Sidiously Darth
02-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Well, I broke down and actually ordered 3 of the new figures from Yestertoys.com. I picked up FX-7, Eeth Koth & Zutton. The total was $26.80 but that included shipping. Besides that the cost difference was minimal. They are not mint but I open them anyway.

BTW Jeff, how much were the 25th Anniv. at Target?

InsaneJediGirl
02-04-2002, 02:46 PM
Hey Guys:D

Early this morning I went over to Target here in Slowcala.Nothing
special,just pegwarmers (Sabe,Ketwol,Bespin Guard)for $4.99.
They had the new deluxe figs for $16 a piece!:greedy: :greedy:
But I didnt get those..far too expensive for me.

I think I will order some stuff from yestertoys.com...but knowing
my luck,they would show up 2 days later at the local Wal-Mart
at a discounted price.

Sidiously Darth
02-05-2002, 12:06 AM
I know what you're saying! But there's always the possibility that you'll miss them b/c WM only received on case and some little kids got their hands on them. Then they take them home and rip the arms off, loose the accessories and bury them in the backyard.:eek:

Anyway, I have a feeling things will pickup in the next couple of months. Especially w/ all the AOTC stuff coming out. From what I've read, there should be quite a bit.:cool:

Let's just see if the stores actually order enough for everyone.:rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
02-05-2002, 09:12 AM
Anyway, I have a feeling things will pickup in the next couple of months. Especially w/ all the AOTC stuff coming out. From what I've read, there should be quite a bit. :cool:

I'm sure it will pick up.Around March and April the stores will be trying to dump all the POTJ stuff they own.Who knows,maybe a
few waves I missed will be in the mix?I'm not too worried.

Runobot
02-05-2002, 03:20 PM
hey guys. What is the news with the bomber? the AT-ST? What happened? I thought that stuff would come out before AOTC figures...

Anyway, I have some stuff on ebay (user id: runoboto) that I am just trying to get even on. If there is something there you guys need I will unlist it if you want to make a trade (as long as the item has not been bid on yet).

Sidiously Darth
02-05-2002, 08:01 PM
What's up everyone?

I checked out your auctions Jeff. Looks like you'll break even on all that stuff just with the y-wing. I wouldn't mind having a third but I can't ask you to lose $30+. Good luck on all your auctions.

News of the nonexistant - I went to the Super WM on 441, K-Mart at 436 & Piedmont/Wekiva and TRU in Alt. Springs. Nothing new at all. I did almost buy the Tessk at the TRU but I already have one. Anyway, I struck out this evening on my break.

You know, if I were a true Sith, I could just "force" someone to give me theirs.:evil: But alas, it is just a game.:D

Runobot
02-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Hey Charles, the 25th figs are $16 at Target and $17 at TRU. I saw them today by the Fashion Square Mall.

Sidiously Darth
02-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Thanks Jeff!

braki-wan
02-07-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi guys,

Well I have been to many a Target and Walmart this week and have not seen a single new figure. This would have really been a good time to pick them up to since Target has the figures on sale for $4.99. Oh well.

Charles, I was rummaging around my collectables room the other day and noticed those Fan Club figures I never got to you. If you still want them let me know. Maybe I could meet you at FX if you are going on Sunday. I forgot all about the race, I went the past three years, but cant afford it this year. A hundred plus is out of my range right now. Let me know

Sidiously Darth
02-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Alan,

I completely forgot about those figures. I do plan on attending that Sunday and would gladly meet up so I can get them from you. We'll figure out a meeting time next week for Sunday.

And speaking of finding nothing, that's what I've done at every WM, TRU or K-Mart I've been to in the past week. I haven't been to many Targets b/c I think their prices are getting way to high. What are they going to charge for the new AOTC figs, $10 each?

Anyway, good luck all!:D

Sidiously Darth
02-09-2002, 03:49 AM
I know this is late but I wanted to let you in on what I found.

It was around 1am Friday. The WM at 434/436 had one case of the 25th Anniv. at $14.97 each. There was 4 Obi/Vaders and 1 each of Luke/Leia & Han/Chewie. I didn't buy any of them b/c I already have plenty of those characters. I thought $15 was kind of steep also.

Also on Friday(later during normal hours), I received my package from Yestertoys.com. I received Koth, Zutton & FX-7. The packages were in excellent condition until I opened them. FX-7 is huge compared to the vintage one. And all the arms have a working joint. I was very pleased with my order.

Anyway, hope to see some of you at the shows coming up in the next 2 weeks.:)

Sidiously Darth
02-09-2002, 01:41 PM
Hi! It's me again. 3 posts in a row. Someone's going to think I'm padding my count.

Anyway, I broke down today and bought Amanaman at Target by Fashion Square. I also picked up Obi-Won Jedi Training for $4.99 and Qui-Gon Mos Espa for $1.54. It was on clearance. The only one I saw. So I think the 2 on sale make up for the overpriced A-Man.:happy:

InsaneJediGirl
02-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Yeah,the A-Mans are over priced:greedy: :greedy:

Nothing new here..waiting for everything to arrive,I plan on going to Wally World either tomorrow or sometime this week and
I'll tell you what I find :D

InsaneJediGirl
02-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Okay.I'm gonna be like Sidiously and pad my posts,lol.

I found Tessek,Tatooine Stormie,Lando(Bespin),Vader(Dagobah),
Leia(General),Gungan Warrior and the Ben/Vader Anni pack.Seems the Summerfield WM decided to stock finally:rolleyes:

Sidiously Darth
02-10-2002, 11:39 PM
Excellent Insane One!:D

I'm going to hit a few Targets tomorrow in hopes that their figs are still $4.99. I'm looking for a Obi Snow Gear & Qui-Gon Jedi Armour. I never intended to get them but on sale is a different story.

InsaneJediGirl
02-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Sidiously,They should have them,the Targets I have been to
did(Just the Ocala and Gainsville ones).Today at WM I
also found the Biker Scout.WM restocked again and it
looks like they added more cases,everything is over flowing
into the Spidey and G.I. Joe section.

Hope ya find your figs Sidiously :D

Sidiously Darth
02-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Well, I hit several Targets today, along with a few WM's, couple of K-Marts and a TRU. After all that driving, I did not find one figure I wanted. This area sucks!

On a good note, I think, I went to this comic shop in Ocoee called Planet X. I didn't find any new figures, but I up my lot of CommTech Troopers. I bought 14 troopers, 1 sandtrooper w/ grey paltron & prode droid, and 1 fleet trooper. The only drawback was no weapons except for one stormie blaster. I paid $20 for the 16 figures. I thought it was a good deal b/c I have plenty of weapons and the commtech troopers look better than the POTF troopers.

Anyway, that was my day.:rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
02-12-2002, 08:56 AM
On a good note, I think, I went to this comic shop in Ocoee called Planet X. I didn't find any new figures, but I up my lot of CommTech Troopers. I bought 14 troopers, 1 sandtrooper w/ grey paltron & prode droid, and 1 fleet trooper. The only drawback was no weapons except for one stormie blaster. I paid $20 for the 16 figures. I thought it was a good deal b/c I have plenty of weapons and the commtech troopers look better than the POTF troopers

I've heard of Planet X.$20 in my opinion was a good price for
16,considering $20 only gets me 3 POTJ ones.I'm hoping
the POTJ line will hit the clearance isle at WM soon,I need
to stock up on Tatoonie Patrol and Cantina Showdown
stormies:D

Runobot
02-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Hey Sid, did you clean that store out? I could always use more troops.

Hey, IJG, how many troopers where there? Can you pick them up for me? I would take 4-5 of them easily. They are my favorite!!!!

Let me know how many you can get, they are $5 right? I will pay you sunday if you are still going to the show....Shoot me an email at runoby11@yahoo.com. Thanks.

About Sunday, who is going for sure? Sid and IJG? Is Braki? I am considering it. Are we going to meet up somewhere?

InsaneJediGirl
02-12-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey Runobot.WM only had 2 when I picked up my Stormie,and
the next day I went back to look for a Cantina Showdown and
there were no more stormies left,at all.Just a bunch of
Ketwols :(

I dont plan on going to the show,I was considering it though,my
grandmother isnt doing so well and I have to stay here :( You
guys tell me all about it though!

Runobot
02-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Holy crap. Look who is pawning off stuff on ebay! I cannot believe the stuff he has, lucky guy.

Do a search by seller id for:

sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com

Sidiously Darth
02-12-2002, 07:26 PM
Good for him!:rolleyes:

Anyway, I like that 25th Anniv. Vader but I'm not worried about not getting one b/c I have so many other Vaders.:p

Run,

I cleaned out the Commtech Stormies but he had several POTF Sandies and several POTF buff Stormies. Planet X is all the way up in Ocoee. You have to take Colonial West for about 9 miles, turn right on Bluford road & it's about 1/4 of a mile on the left. It's in a little strip mall. The loose figs are in this 3-drawer rubbermaid thing against the back wall. There were a couple of jawas, another fleet trooper, & some other figs.

About FX - I'm going Sunday. The show is 10am-4pm. I'll probably get there around 11am, maybe. When's everyone else planning on getting there. If we meet up, we should probably meet at the entrance of FX. That's just my thinking.:D

Runobot
02-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Well, I just drove all the way out there and got 3 Snow Troopers and 1 Sand Trooper for $5.

Sidiously Darth
02-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Run,

You might get lucky at FX this weekend. You never know at those kind of events.

Anyway, I've got 4 CommTech Stormies w/ no weapons that I'll trade you. I'm still looking for a Snobi-Wan &Qui-Gon Armour. I'll trade the 4 for one of those figures. If you have anything else to trade, LMK!:)

Runobot
02-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Well. how was the show? Anything good there?

Sidiously Darth
02-17-2002, 06:15 PM
I thought FX was pretty good.

Here's what I bought. I picked up an POTJ Imperial Officer for $8 & a POTJ Rebel Trooper for $7. An Ep. I Ammo Wagon and Falumpaset for $15. The box was NM and a Tri-Logo but I opened it when I got home, anyway. Never saw it in the store. I also picked up an Ultarama for $30 - cheaper than ordering online. 6 Battle Droids for $5, the one's w/ the magnets that cut in half. And Jeremy Bullock's signature for $10. He showed up around 1pm. Very nice, him and his wife.

Here's what I saw but did not even consider. New AOTC figs for $20-$25 each. An Eopie and Qui-Gon Jinn for $35. A Toy Fair Exclusive Vader for $400 and lots of overpriced Target exclusives.
I also saw a R4-M9 from the Bo Shek wave but he was $15. No thank you!

I was suppose to meet up w/ Braki there but we missed each other.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

Run, I still have 4 CommTech stormies to trade you if you want them. LMK!

InsaneJediGirl
02-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Sounds cool Sidiously :D :D

Anyways,When my dad comes home from work tonight,I'll
ask him whats up on the SW "situation".Maybe he knows
something I dont,even though I practically live at the store
:D.

I dont know if anything is new yet,tell you tomorrow.

Sidiously Darth
02-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Hope he gives you some positive info.

On a totally different topic, I need any and everyone's help. I'm currently looking for a Han Tauntaun & Luke Wamp Beastpack. I prefer loose b/c I don't need boxed and it's cheaper. These are essential to my Hoth collection. If anyone has info, extra ones lying around, would like to sell theirs or just wants to laugh, please send it my way. Thanks!

Dark Knight
02-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi ya'll,

I enjoyed the show on Sat. I don't think it was worth the drive down there (8+hours). I did find 2 vintage At-St for $5 a piece a POTF B-wing pilot MOC for $20. Along with some other figure I needed. I also find a beat up Vader star destoyer for $4. I also enjoyed seeing David Carridean(sp), and Jeremy Bullock. I also saw the overpriced Teebo, Bo Shiek and AOTC figues which I did not get.

Did you see the six foot Han in Carbonite or the huge collection of loose figures?

:evil: :frus: :p

Sidiously Darth
02-18-2002, 10:51 AM
DK,

You drove a ways for the show...SC. Wow!

I did see the loose collection for sell. Way out of my budget. I must have missed the Carbonated Han. He may have been gone by Sunday.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

InsaneJediGirl
02-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Hey,

Talked to my dad last night.He says the 25 cent figures
were probably because the store couldnt sell them
at it most likely would not be chain-wide.He doesnt
know much about the new figures,and the only
SW stuff WM had on clearance was 2 beat-up boxes
of Legos.

Sidiously Darth
02-19-2002, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the info Insane!;)

Okay folks, I took a little trip a little after midnight. I hit 3 WM's. The Super WM up on 441 toward Apopka had nothing. They haven't had a figure on the pegs in 3 months. They suck!!!!:frus:

The WM in Alt. Springs & the one in Casselberry had something very peculiar in common. They both had lots of POTJ Lando, Tessek & R2-Q5. I don't know where they dug these up from but they are in quantity. + whatever they have been carrying. I did get the last Security Battle Droid from the Cass. WM.:D

I thought about picking up a couple of the R2-Q5s but decided not. I may want to buy something at MegaCon Sunday.

That's all for now...:happy:

Runobot
02-19-2002, 02:11 PM
Did you guys see any scout troopers at that show? How much were they?

Also, any old Transformers?

I am going to MegaCon on Saturday because that is when the art auction is and I intend on getting something! If you guys want to meet post here.

Cool, well let me know.

InsaneJediGirl
02-21-2002, 08:59 AM
Good Morning:D

Yesterday,my dad says he saw the R2-Q5 (Imperial Astromech Droid) wave at the Wal-Mart in Summerfield.I cant
wait to get this little guy but I dont wanna pay the $6.44
price tag...Beggars cant be choosers I suppose..:(

Still no Eeth Koth or Tinn wave.:mad:

braki-wan
02-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Dont really have much to report. Saw the r2q5s at Walmart for the first time in months. Those guys still seem to fly off the shelves. Doesnt it seem weird that the newer waves havent made it down here yet. Thats why I had to break down and buy a few at FX. I justified it well though.

Hope every one has fun at Megacon. It sounds fun but a little expensive for my blood. Talk to you later.

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 08:14 PM
What's up all?

Did anyone go to FX? I went on Sunday. Saw a few SW cast members, Baker, Prowse, etc. I finally picked up a Qui-Gon Armor & Snobi-Wan for $7.50 each and a couple of signed pieces from Dave Dorman. I had fun but it was a rather expensive entrance into fun...$7 for parking and $18 for admission. I don't know if I'll go next year.

Anyway, Insane and I noticed the R2-Q5's lasted for all of about 2 days. And she lives in Ocala. We didn't buy any but someone is definitely interested in them.

InsaneJediGirl
02-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Yeah.The werid thing is that my dad says no one really buys the SW stuff at the Wal-Mart I normally go to for figures.So,where are
they all going?I searched the entire Toy Section to see if any might have been hidden,but no luck there.

I will keep you posted,this happened to the Snow Obi-Wan wave.I picked up mine before X-Mas ,but when I went back to
the store 3 days later only one was left...

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 09:42 PM
Excuse my stupidity from my last post. I meant MegaCon. FX was the weekend before.:stupid:

Runobot
02-28-2002, 09:33 AM
I went to Megacon and got a reissued Ultra Magnus for $45, which is a good price. Nothing SW there that caught my eye. I was really there for the comics. I did have a great time there.

When are the new vehicles coming out? Anyone know?

Sidiously Darth
02-28-2002, 01:42 PM
Don't know about the vehicles. There's been delays and assorted release dates. I think the At-St w/ speeder bike are hitting TRU very soon. All I want is the ewok.

Run,

I thought about your needs at MegaCon Sunday. The guy a bought 2 figures from had POTJ Scout Trooper & 2 POTJ Sandies for $5 each. Unfortunately, I had already spent my budget for the show. Sorry about that.:(

Runobot
03-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Oh well, I guess I missed that guy. It is ok though, my collection is so huge right now it is crazy. I need to ebay more stuff off, I can't even display it all! I really don't see the point in owning stuff that is going to sit in a box in the closet.

Thanks for thinking of me though.

InsaneJediGirl
03-03-2002, 02:22 PM
This morning,I went over to Wal-Mart.What a joke,no Lego Jedi
Starfighter,no new figures.They had super deformed thingies,Obi/Vader 25th Packs,Lando(I thought he was supposed to be "rare"?) and some other peg warmers.They got a load
of Tatoonie Patrol Stormies in,but i didnt pick up any of them since I got the one.

Sidiously Darth
03-03-2002, 03:49 PM
I went up to Flea World today just to see if anyone was scalping toys or the such. I found nothing. There use to be a collectibles shop in one of the a/c buildings but I guess they're gone. Such a waste of time and space.

Yesterday I picked up a Red Carded Tie Pilot for $5 at this comic shop in Casselberry. I needed an extra one for my custom Baron Fel. Whenever I get around to it.:D

Besides that, nothing of interest.

I still want to know where all those R2-Q5s ended up!!!:confused:

Sidiously Darth
03-03-2002, 05:04 PM
Insane,

Hi! I saw a bunch of the lego starfighter at the WM on Forest City & 436. I'll pick one up for you and send it to you for 3 of those Desert Stormies. If this is good for you, shoot me an email at alecquaid@hotmail.com :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-05-2002, 11:20 AM
Hey Everyone,Going to TRU tomorrow.I dont think I'll find much,but I havent been there in 3 months,so who knows?

Sidiously Darth
03-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Well folks, the mailman was good to me today. I received 2 packages.

The first was my BoShek wave from Planet Action Figures. I had preordered these about week ago. Now I don't have to hunt down these 3 figures.

I also received a loose, complete Ep. I Trade Federation Battle Tank from a fellow SSG forums member. He shipped it USPS w/ insurance for a grand total of $14.00. This thing was $30 in the store. I basically got the tank for under $10. He is a great asset to collectors.:D

InsaneJediGirl
03-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Hi,Finally found FX-7 at TRU in Ocala today,Picked up the last one.
They also had Queen Decoy,Landos,Ketwol,and some Ep1 stuff on
clearance so I got a Queen Amidala statue.

Great deal on the Battletank Sidiously!

braki-wan
03-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Hey Everyone,

Looks like the FX7 wave has finally made it to Orlando. The TRU at Fashion Square had all of them as of 3:30 today. FX7 was definitely the best seller, only one of him left. Everyone else from that wave was plentiful.

No signs of the AT-ST yet. I will be going out Saturday on a toy run, so if I run into them, I will alert everyone post haste.

Sidiously Darth
03-07-2002, 08:13 PM
That's great! I do need a few more Imp. Officers & Rebel Soldiers.

Braki,

I picked up the figs from your wife today. Thanks!

Runobot
03-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Yeah I saw them at that TRU yesterday also. Amazing, they had a million of them. Well, now we are just 1 wave behind!

Sidiously Darth
03-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Well folks, I hit the Fashion Square TRU today. There were still quite a few figures left but I got the last 3 Imp. Officers. There was one Rebel Trooper left and lots of Queens and FX-7s. I didnot see any AT-ST sets.

I may try and hit WM tonight. I haven't really decided yet.

Sidiously Darth
03-10-2002, 02:00 AM
It's me again! I hit a few WM's Sat. Night/Early Sun. Morning. I found 3 of the 4 preview figures at the Apopka WM. The other 3 were pretty much busts. The one I didn't find was Jango, but it seems someone else has.

I don't normally do this but I'm listing the ebayers from the Orlando area that are selling multiple Jangos & other Preview Figs. Yes folks, we have scalpers again!!!:mad:

robafetthunter - Take a look for your self!

These ebayers are only selling 1 or 2 or a set. They're not raiding the stores.

w.c.williams - not so bad, 1 Jango & 1 Zam
morecookie - 1 R3 but ridiculous Buy Now - $35.00
ecartman - Set of 4 went for $45 Buy Now

If I come across more, I'll add them to the list.

In the meantime, I am looking for a Preview Jango.

Good Luck!

braki-wan
03-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I found the new Ep II preview figures today at Walmart, the same one that Sidiously was at. What suprised me was that I got them on a Sunday, and they still had a good amount of the three (no Jango Fett of course.)

Charles, Its funny I was thinking about the scalpers when I picked up the Clonetrooper. I wonder if one person bought all of the Jangos, because it seemed like they got in a pretty large shipment. I will keep my eyes out for Jango this week and pick up an extra if anyone wants.

InsaneJediGirl
03-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the update on the scaplers Sidiously!

I havent looked for any of the preview figs,I will start
searching for a Jango or Zam soon though,I just havent
had the time.:rolleyes:

I'll see if I can find any scaplers here in the N.C. Florida area,
there has to be at least two of them.:Pirate:.... (Always
two there are..no more,no less)

Sidiously Darth
03-11-2002, 02:18 PM
"Join Me InsaneJediGirl and together we can destroy the sith, I mean scalpers!":D

I think these people have been hibernating for the past couple of years just waiting for the new movie.

Alan,

If you come across an extra Jango, LMK. Thanks!

Runobot
03-12-2002, 08:35 AM
So, does that Walmart still have the figures? I would go there if so. Have they popped up anywhere else around here?

I went to TRU, KB and Target here on 50 by the Fashion Mall and saw nothing.

Sidiously Darth
03-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Jeff,

From what I've seen, it's just been a few Super WMs. The one on 441 up towards Apopka is where I bought mine...sans a Janog. I don't think these were suppose to be put out untilt the 15th or something like that. Good luck!

To everyone,

I just wanted to get some opinions amongst my fellow Floridians(or transplants as in my case) on the trailer the other night. I've watched it several times, paused it, looked at it frame by frame in a few areas, etc.

Overall, I liked it very much. Lots of action!!! I really looking forward to May 16th. I've had the day off for several months now.:D I'll be seeing it several times that day.:crazed:

braki-wan
03-12-2002, 04:49 PM
The hunt is over!

I picked up the AT-ST at TRU at Fashion Square. Dont know how many were there to begin with, but there were 3 left after I left with one. This was as of 3 PM. That TRU always seems to get the good stuff first, I remember getting my R2 with holo Leia there before any other one around the area had it.

Sidiously, that trailer really did its job well. It made me want to see the movie bad. I may have to make another appearance at the first showing at midnight. Hope the rest of it is as good (I know it will be).

Still no preview figs. I checked the Walmart on Kirkman today, nothin good, Ill check it again tomorrow.

Runobot
03-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Wait, wait wait!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANY SPOILERS AT ALL ON THIS THREAD YOU GUYS, I WANT TO BE AS CLUELESS AS POSSABLE WHEN I SEE THE MOVIE.

Last time I knew that a major character was going to die, and I knew Maul's lightsaber was going to be cut in half, etc. so it kind of ruined the movie for me because I was waiting for all that stuff to happen.

Anyway, I went to 2 Walmarts today with no luck and I drove past that TRU on my lunch break but did not go in because I was just there yesterday! Oh well, I will be there tomorrow at lunch I guess.

Also, I heard that the 15th is the official release date of the Preview figures as well...

Sidiously Darth
03-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Braki,

Good job on the AT-ST. I'm not getting this set but I am after that darn Paploo figure. I already have an AT-ST and several speederbikes. All I want is the ewok!:frus:

Okay, no discussing the movie here. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun.;)

Last, I'm adding another name to the scalper list. This person's location just says FL but he/she hasn't done any ebaying since Sept. 9, 2001. Here's their ebay user name:

hoof1 - 4 auctions 2 figures each, 3 w/ a Jango

So stay away from him and robafetthunter. The others I've listed before don't seem to be into the grand theft game.

Sidiously Darth
03-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Hey, it's me again.

Well, I checked on robafetthunter again. This guys going crazy on ebay. I sent him an email expressing my disappointment. Here's a copy:

I just wanted to thank you for making it more difficult to find new Star Wars items in the Central Florida area. It's hard enough to find stuff as it is. The stores burned themselves back in '99 so they don't order as much. And when they do get something new in, a hand full of people buy all they can get their hands on in hopes of turning a quick profit. I'm not going to resort to calling you names or using bad language. It just bugs me that you're more interested in lining your pockets and keeping us collectors and those kids that love Star Wars from getting what they want. I'm sorry if I have offended you, but I thought this type of thing had almost disappeared here in FL. I guess not...:(

I tried to be nice about it.:rolleyes:

Runobot
03-13-2002, 06:32 AM
Sid,

I may trade you that ewok for a loose scout trooper, or one of the preview figure clones. I am going to TRU when they open this morning to buy an AT-ST hopefully.

About the scalping, it seems crazy for someone to put in all that effort to make a few bucks, it is not a steady income. After running around all the time jst to find the items it hardly seems worth it, unless they have connections...

Oh well.

Runobot
03-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Success!!!!

Well, it was $30, but I got a speeder bike also, so I guess it is worth it!

There were only 2 or 3 left, I would call and have them hold one if you guys need it still.

InsaneJediGirl
03-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Cool Runobot!..Still searching for the ewok here,but hes not too important to me:rolleyes:

Sidiously,

The scaplers seem to be dense ,however,I hope he/she changes
his/her ways after reading your e-mail.Its a shame people do this,especially with little kids involved.

Runobot
03-13-2002, 11:59 AM
Well, Super Walmart in Oveido does not have the preview figures either, so don't waste your time going there. I did get a dirty scout there though! That was worth the trip for me.

Sid, I also would trade you for an imp officer.

InsaneJediGirl
03-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Sidiously,

Found a potential scapler for ya - muaddib2020

Probably going to WM this weekend.Hopefully they will have R3-T7 :D

Sidiously Darth
03-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Insane,

Thanks! I'll have to check this one out. If they need to be added to the list, they will.

I see you changed you avatar. Isn't that Callista? One of Luke's love interest that didn't make it.:(

Good luck this weekend.

InsaneJediGirl
03-13-2002, 09:45 PM
LOL..It isnt Callista,she had brown hair.Its Mara Jade-Skywalker :D

Sidiously Darth
03-14-2002, 03:38 AM
Oops!:stupid:

Sorry about that. I should pay better attention!

Anyway, I checked out that ebayer. Their only selling vintage and older POTF2 stuff. Things you can't buy at retail anymore. What I'm really concerned about is the few who are buying up all the preview stuff right now, especially Jango. Though, I'm sure he'll be plentiful within the next week.:)

Runobot
03-14-2002, 07:31 AM
Charles, what is your email address? I deleted it.

Sidiously Darth
03-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Here is my email address in case anyone wants to get in touch:

alecquaid@hotmail.com

You can also email someone by hitting the profile button at the bottom of their message. It's rather convenient. You don't have to open up another browser or use Outlook.:cool:

Runobot
03-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Yeah, we could do that if in your preferences you allowed us to email you!

Runobot
03-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Hey, is it just me or does the clone trooper look like a sad puppy?

Sidiously Darth
03-15-2002, 01:33 AM
Yeah, we could do that if in your preferences you allowed us to email you!

Okay, Okay! I forgot I had it set up that way.

I'm the one that looks like a sad puppy now.:(

BTW, I did change my preferences.:p

Runobot
03-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Well today is the day the figures are supposed to be out and I have not found them. Anyone else have any luck?

Runobot
03-15-2002, 05:31 PM
We are quickly approaching the 200 post count!

also, someone else may be joining us, he is from here and just posted in the Just Found section. Now we are being cloned!

InsaneJediGirl
03-15-2002, 06:15 PM
LOL

My little brother said he saw R3-T7 and Zam yesterday.More
tonight,who knows..maybe a Jango?..

Also,Do you know when we should be getting the other figs?Like
Eeth/Tiin/Zutton.I mean,the preview figs are here,I can only
hope.:D

JAYPEA
03-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Hey, guys, I found this collector's area at last!!! Today I went to my local comic book store and guess what, they had all four of the preview figures for twelve dollars each. I didn't get any because knowing my luck as soon as I pay that much I will find them at Target or Wal-Mart or something. The best looking one was Zam, and the worst looking one was the R2 droid. The Clone Trooper and Jango figures looked pretty cool though. For those that want to know, that was Comic Connection on Central Florida Parkway.
At the TRU by the Florida Mall I found Sebulba, the Podrace Announcers, and Plo Koon!!!! They said they are not going to have the midnight sale this year but the older figures will probaly be discounted to make room for the AOTC figures.
One last thing, the new Hasbro store at Downtown Disney will have six exclusive figures that will be sold there and at Star Tours. I will let you know if I hear any more news. I am going to England on April 12th, and get back the day the new AOTC stuff comes out, so I am hoping to get some UK exclusive items.
Jason.

InsaneJediGirl
03-15-2002, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the thread JAYPEA :D Hope ya enjoy..our lovely company,lol. :D :D :happy:

Sidiously Darth
03-15-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Welcome to the thread JAYPEA :D Hope ya enjoy..our lovely company,lol. :D :D :happy:

Insane, please be nice to the new people. We don't get many around this way.:D ;)

Btw, thanks for the info JAYPEA!:cool:

I was at comic connection the other day. I actually bought a comic there. He was showing some of those preview figs to a kid and his mom. The mom seemed to know more about SW than the kid.:eek: Anyway, they price tag that day was like $8.95. I just paid for the comic and left without saying a word. I guarantee he bought those at a WM. I will not be making any more trips to his store. He is off-limits!!!:mad: That goes the same for Sci-Fi World on I-Drive. They're all a bunch of :greedy::Pirate:s!!!

Sorry for my ranting.:rolleyes:

Good luck on finding the new figs.

BTW, I'm looking for Jango Preview, Paploo from the AT-ST set and a loose complete POTF2 Luke & Wampa. You know the 3 3/4" ones. Later!

JAYPEA
03-15-2002, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear your feelings about the store. I go there weekly to get my SW comics. I will keep a look out for the figures you want. I don't go to Sci-Fi City myself anymore, but never had a problem there either. The worst store is Sci-Fi City. They have very little in SW for a big store. Ever try Coliseum Comics? They are pretty good.
Jason.

InsaneJediGirl
03-15-2002, 09:33 PM
Sid,Of course I'm nice to JAYPEA.Another person to keep a look-out,and such.Sorry to hear about that comic-guy...then again
it is buyer beware.They should have looked around at WM or
somewhere..

Sidiously Darth
03-15-2002, 11:48 PM
The prices on the comics at Comic Connection were not that bad. I just get this sick feeling/p!$$ed off attitude when I see the box come out from under the counter. "See what I have here little boy" blah blah blah blah... Besides it takes 25 minutes to get out there depending on the traffic.

I like Sci-Fi City on 50 but you're right Jaypea, they don't have a huge SW selection.

I do most of my comic buying at ACME. His prices on the SW figs is a bit high, but he gets his product from Diamond. He has cut me a deal on occassions.

I'm just happy that we have a group here that will lookout for one another.:)

BTW, Go NC State!!! Woo Hooooooo!!!:D

Sidiously Darth
03-16-2002, 01:46 AM
BoShek wave at 2 Wal-Marts. I found at least 3 cases at the Apopka Super WM and 1 case at Casselberry WM. The figures are evenly distributed in the cases.(BoShek, Teebo, R4-M9)

Good luck all!

Runobot
03-16-2002, 07:50 PM
So we are almost all online right now? Anyone find anything?

braki-wan
03-17-2002, 09:33 AM
Wow,

Our group is a hoppin. I dont post for a few days and we are already on another page. Well, I was gonna post about the Teebo wave being at Walmarts, but Sidiously beat me to it. I went to the one on 436/434 this morning and they had all of them. Needless to say I was happy.

No luck with the preview figures. I only went to a few Targets yesterday morning. I will definitely keep an eye out this week. Its about the only perk of my job. Talk to you folks later

Sidiously Darth
03-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Runobot, thanks for the trade again. I'll keep an eye out for a POTF Biker Scout.

I hit the Casselberry TRU on the way home earlier...nothing to report there. I'm thinking about Sanford's TRU later today. Depends if I want to make the drive. I report if I go and find anything.:)

InsaneJediGirl
03-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Hello Boyos!

Found...Ketwols and Leias!!:sur: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And one clean sandtrooper and one Tessek at the WM in Summerfield.
They had a bunch a deformed-thingies and Ben/Vader 25th
Anni packs.

Did you guys hear that the Imperial Shuttle might be a FAO
Exclusive :(:mad:

Runobot
03-17-2002, 06:44 PM
Hey Sid, thank you as well

No, I did not hear about the shuttle, where did you hear that? How much will it cost?

Sidiously Darth
03-17-2002, 07:06 PM
I've heard the rumor about the shuttle being at FAO which would give some validity to a $100 price tag. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.:crazed:

Run,

Would you be interested in selling all you Hoth Rebel Soldiers? The ones you have in the bag and any other stragglers. I'm also interested in buying your tauntaun and any other hoth items you may be interested in parting with. LMK! Thanks!

As for my trip to Sanford, it turned up nothing. The WM had the BoShek figs and the Target & K-Mart in Lake Mary turned up little except for a few FX-7's & Queen Decoys. so much for the preview figs so far.:(

Runobot
03-19-2002, 03:42 PM
I will look at my hoth guys tonight, but you know I will not give up my snowtrooper! Maybe we can come up with another trade...

Still no preview figures!

billfremore
03-19-2002, 03:44 PM
a quick question for the uninitiated...

What does FAO stand for?

Sidiously Darth
03-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
a quick question for the uninitiated...

What does FAO stand for?

FAO is actually FAO Schwarz. It's a rather large toy store. There is one on International Drive in Orlando, FL. They have locations throughout the States. I don't know about outside the country, though. Hope that helps.:)

Runobot,

I'm just interested in your rebel hoth guys, no imperials needed.

Runobot
03-20-2002, 01:11 PM
A canadian in our thread! Get out! We hate Canadians!

Just joking. ;) Is Star Wars big up there also?

Sidiously Darth
03-20-2002, 01:18 PM
Runobot,

Be nice to our guests. We don't get many tourists around here.;) Besides, Molson is their domestic beer and it's better than just about any American domestic beer. :D

Anyway, I finally got hooked up with a Luke Wampa & Han TaunTaun Beast Packs. I'm getting them from a fellow forumite. It's costing me $65 (shipping included) + he's throwing in the Luke TaunTaun. That's about $20 per set sans the shipping. Now my potential Hoth Diorama can start to take shape.:cool:

I'm still interested in your hoth rebels, Run!

billfremore
03-20-2002, 02:25 PM
A canadian in our thread! Get out! We hate Canadians!
Just joking. ;) Is Star Wars big up there also?

Actually I do have a good reason to be here, I headed to Orlando April 8th and I wanted to get an idea of what I can find while I'm down.

InsaneJediGirl suggested I should check out this thread.

and to answer your question: Yes, Star Wars is huge up here. Although it would be nice if we had the selection you guys do. :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey everyone :D

I havent found anything here..except for Ketwols.Do any
of you know if Target still has figures for $4.99?Mabye they
might have some Sandtroopers :rolleyes:

Its cool that your coming to Florida billfremore.Hope you find
some SW stuff you want:happy:

billfremore
03-20-2002, 02:58 PM
Thanks IJG, I'm looking forward to it.

I was wondering, how hard would it be for me to find stuff from the Eeth Koth, FX-7 and Teebo waves or even an AT-ST for that matter?

We're not going to be getting any of that stuff up here in the Great White North.

Sidiously Darth
03-20-2002, 03:18 PM
I was wondering, how hard would it be for me to find stuff from the Eeth Koth, FX-7 and Teebo waves or even an AT-ST for that matter?

We're not going to be getting any of that stuff up here in the Great White North.

Hopefully by April 8th, things should be better down here. The Teebo wave is starting to show up. I've seen it at several different Wal-Marts. FX-7's wave I've seen at a Target and a Toys R Us. The AT-ST has been kind of scarce so far. I've seen what was left of an Eeth Koth wave in one Wal-Mart. Mind you there were no Eeths. Maybe we could hold some of them hostage, if we find any, until you get down here. If you post a list, maybe we can help.:)

billfremore
03-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

Maybe we could hold some of them hostage, if we find any, until you get down here. If you post a list, maybe we can help.:)

Thanks I appreciate the offer.

As for my list I'm looking for the following:

Eeth Koth
FX-7
Queen's decoy (Black dress)
Snaggletooth
BoShek
R4-M9
Teebo
Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer
Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon
Amanaman
AT-ST
B-wing (I know, I know, wishful thinking)
Snowspeeder
Delta 7óJedi Starfighter

So basically I'm looking for every figure in the last 3 POTJ waves and a few vehicles.

So what are my chances?

Sidiously Darth
03-20-2002, 03:41 PM
As for my list I'm looking for the following:

Eeth Koth
FX-7
Queen's decoy (Black dress)
Snaggletooth
BoShek
R4-M9
Teebo
Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer
Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon
Amanaman
AT-ST
B-wing (I know, I know, wishful thinking)
Snowspeeder
Delta 7óJedi Starfighter

Okay, the 2 Deluxe figs on your list will be by far the easiest to find. They're at just about any Target for $15.99. The B-Wing is going to be a big fat "Not Going to Happen". I got so lucky on my 2nd B-Wing. They were clearance for $10. I happened to be in a Target when they had some. I wish I could bring myself to part with one of them, but I spent $40 on the first one and the 2nd was possibly the greatest SW find I've ever had.

As far as the other figures, it will be a hit and miss. Depending on what the stores get in and the quantity. If you don't mind spending $7-$8US each for your figures, I would suggest www.yestertoys.com You may be able to get the Deluxe figures cheaper, also. I know that's cheaper than what you would normally pay in Canada. I've ordered from them. I don't care about mint cards b/c I open mine and their nonmint are not that far off from mint. The mint ones usually run $1 more. It may save you a lot of trouble.

As far as the Snowspeeder, don't know when that will hit. The Jedi Starfighter hasn't surface yet. Should be around soon.

We'll keep you up to date on how things are fleshing out in the next week.

billfremore
03-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Thanks Darth, again much appreciated. :)

Runobot
03-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Yeah, you should have no problem finding a lot of those guys down here, especially by then. I have seen most of those figures already.

Runobot
03-22-2002, 08:11 AM
Well, last night I missed out on the 25th anniversary figure. I tried for over a half hour!

I am going to order the preview clones and Jango from yestrtoys I think...it is only about $40 for 5 figures (1 Jango and 4 clones)including shipping. Not that bad, considering I will not have to run around every day looking for them!

But, if anyone sees them let me know, I certainly can always use more clone troopers!

Runobot
03-22-2002, 12:19 PM
<b>"Score one for the good guys!!!"</b>

or

<b>"Holy crap there goes $40!!!"</b>

Yes, 1 Jango and 4 clones later I am a happy boy!

Email me and I will tell you where!

JAYPEA
03-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Just to let you guys know I found Teebo, Boshek and a new droid at the Osceola Parkway Wal-Mart as well as some older PM figures.
Good luck.
Jason.

Sidiously Darth
03-22-2002, 06:18 PM
Congrats on your buys, Runobot! And thanks for your help!

I come across Phantom Menace figs on occassions. The cards are usually in horrible condition and the store, usually a Wal-Mart, wants like $5 for it. I think they could do a little better.

Sidiously Darth
03-24-2002, 05:49 PM
What's up everyone? As most know, the preview figures did hit the Fashion Square TRU a few days ago. Along with some AT-STs. I now have my Jango and Paploo, thanks to Runobot.:D :D :D

Has anyone run across the Jedi Starfighter yet? I'm looking forward to having a vehicle with no figure to go in it.:rolleyes:

braki-wan
03-25-2002, 04:47 PM
Hey folks,

Man I cant believe I missed Jango again. I go to that TRU all the time. That will teach me for not checking this board for a few days. Oh well

Anyways, I wanted to let you guys know in case you dont check other sites besides this one that the fan club marked down the Carbon Freezing Chamber to $12.00. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I picked one up. If y'all dont have one it could be worth it.

Sidiously, I will check the Kirkman Walmart this week for the Starfighter. Walmarts have not been kind to me lately but it can turn around in an instant. I will let you know!

InsaneJediGirl
03-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Hello Guys :D

I found nothing at the Summerfield WM today,same old,same old.
Tomorrow,I am going to K-Mart in Bellview.I highly doubt they
will have anything,but my K-Mart is always a few waves behind.
It'll be interesting to see whats there.:rolleyes:

Do any of you have the AT-ST?I want to know how good of an item it is.

Sidiously Darth
03-25-2002, 10:02 PM
I had one up until I traded it to Runobot for some stuff. It looks a lot like my POTF2 AT-ST. The paint scheme is a little different. I just wanted that darn ewok. Now I have him. He's mine, all mine!:crazed:

I'm sure Run can give you the low down on it.

Braki, good luck at WM!

InsaneJediGirl
03-27-2002, 08:20 AM
According to my younger siblings,they found the Teebo/Dirty
Biker Scout at WM last night.I went there THAT morning....what
the heck happened between 11 am and 7:30 pm?:confused: :mad:

Sidiously Darth
03-27-2002, 03:03 PM
You think that's crazy. The Altamonte WM had SW figures a couple of days ago. I went there last night (actually around 1am Wed.). Their prices have dropped to $5.88 and not a figure in sight. And I'm not talking about any hard to find figures. They had Lando, Tessek, Ketwol, Duros, Queen Decoy & a few Tusken Raiders. There were at least 20-30 figures and now there are none. Even with Targets $4.99 sale they couldn't get rid of figs. I asked the lady stocking if they moved them and she said no and all their getting in right now are SW legos. Something strange is going on here.:eek:

2nd, looks like the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder are out. Guys and Gal, we have to keep up on this. I definitely want a Bomber and a Snowspeeder. I have 2 vintage and 1 POTF2 but I hate the gun on the POTF2 version. I really want the new Snowspeeder for the Dack figure. If I get the new one, I'm selling my POTF2 snowspeeder!

billfremore
03-27-2002, 03:15 PM
I'd love a snowspeeder too, you think there'll be any left by the time I get there on April 8th?

InsaneJediGirl
03-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Werid Sid!...I've never had that happen to me

I am so glad the Snowspeeder came out..the first time I see one I'm putting a death grip on it and dare anyone to touch it.

Bill,I'm sure they will have them here in a few weeks,no need to worry!:)

Runobot
03-28-2002, 07:40 PM
I think that you guys should email me immediately!

Runobot
03-29-2002, 06:18 AM
Awesome Sid, I am happy for you! Why did you only get 13 of the 14?

Well, at 6:30 this morning they were taking the boxes into the back. So I guess we will not see them again until April 23rd. We just got an early present! I did manage to stash a case of collection 1 figures, let me know if you need them. Once they find them I am sure they will be brought to the back also.

Sidiously Darth
03-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Hey Run,

I only got 13 b/c I couldn't find Boba Fett. I think he is part of collection 2 and there was only half a case of that left. Unless I am mistaken, I opened a couple of collection 1 boxes just to make sure he wasn't in there.

BTW, I emailed Braki last night to give him a heads up, but I don't know what time he checks his email. He's helped me out in the past so you might want to email him the location of the collection 1 case. I don't know if any of the rest of our club lives close enough to make a drive to Casselberry. Thanks for you help, again!

Just so everybody else is not in the dark. Runobot came across some of the new AOTC figures at the Casselberry WM late last night. He email me and I went there around 1am this morning. There were 2 different collections which equaled 14 figures. Runobot got 1 of each and I managed 13 of the 14. I pretty sure several other shoppers had picked up some figures. Anyway, the street date was very plain to see on the boxes. To our luck the cashiers had no idea.

Runobot may be able to help our fellow club members. I know Braki lives close by but Insane, Jaypea & AT-AT live a good ways away. I'm not going to forget Bill from Canada, but he's not going to be around till April. We'll still try and you with your needs.

Good luck all and don't worry, from my understandings, there's going to be more than just these 14 figures out April 23.:crazed:

Runobot
03-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I can go there and pick some more of those collection 1's up for old Braki, assuming they haven't found the case by now. Just email me.

I would not worry though, there are going to be plenty available for sure.

InsaneJediGirl
03-30-2002, 06:41 PM
I'm glad you two found the figures!Now you can all tell us if they are really worth the effort to buy :)

I picked up the Dirty Biker Scout here yesterday,and havent hit a
TRU in ages.I am hoping to go soon,they always have the harder
to find figures.

:D

JAYPEA
03-30-2002, 07:48 PM
That is so cool you two found the new figures! I thought only 14 were coming out April 23rd. What figures are they that you got? More importantly, how many Jedi as it is the Jedi that I collect. I am guessing there are five or six. Does anybody know where they are going April 23rd? We should all hit the same stores. I was thinking of the Super Target on Orange Blossum and the Wal-Marts on Sand Lake and Osceola Parkway and the Florida Mall Toys R Us.
Jason.

InsaneJediGirl
03-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Jay,

There are 53(give or take)AOTC figures coming out in 2002.It
will most likely be balanced out since there are 2 Collections.I
suspect around 20 or so figures will be ready for you,April 23rd.

I'm going to WalMart..No need for the fighting and high prices at TRU.

Runobot
03-30-2002, 09:06 PM
I think there were 5 jedi. Anakin, Obi-wan, Green guy, Shaak Ti, and Ploo Koon. I think I can still find 3 of those guys at Wal Mart if you want them. Let me know.

There should be plenty of Jedi, as the only figures short packaged are R2 and C-3PO at one per case.

I am just going to hit target or TRU that morning because there are only a few figures I still need.

Lord Tenebrous
03-30-2002, 09:50 PM
I hit up the localmost Walmart tonight, with very little luck at all. I needed to go get some last minute Easter dinner supplies, so that was my excuse to go look for Star Wars. :)

No AOTC figures, and only one Hasbro Starfighter, right next to about 20 Lego Starfighters (definate pegwarmer, but going to be sweet once it's put on clearance...army building!).

BoShek and Teebo for $5 each, although everywhere I go, they seem to be EMC (extremely mangled cards).

5 sets of Lego Tusken encounter, and two Lego Gunships, already with a price tag on the shelf. Only one small movie still, seemingly from the furtherest reaches of the viewing stands. Destroyer Droid too big, S. Battle Droid too small, the Jedi is grinning like a fool. I hope Lego releases 10-packs of Clone soldiers, they look great. I'll pass on the vehicle, though.

It's kind of funny how Slave 1 is a bulky tall box, but the Gunship is a very long, flat box. If you get it, you'll have little choice but to open it, unless you have a place to stand it up.

And that's my first daily report on my collecting disease. :D

Sidiously Darth
03-31-2002, 03:48 AM
Remember S. Tinn is getting a new figure, also.

The Apopka Supe WM had 2 cases of Preview figures around 3am. One was in the aisle the other was on the palett.

LT, where did you see the Jedi Starfighter?(Not the lego one.) I've been after one.

That's all for now.:)

Runobot
03-31-2002, 08:15 AM
Yeah, is that a Lego Starfighter you were talking about?

Lord Tenebrous
03-31-2002, 09:31 AM
I meant both versions. I've seen two Hasbro Jedi Starfighters total, one each at two different Walmarts [Indian River and St. Lucie counties]. My advice is not to look in the designated Star Wars areas, one was sitting on new Spiderman Lego sets, the other was in the clearance aisle [but still $20].

Both were in fair condition - deep scratches, dings, dents. I'm led to believe that these vehicles are uncased in the stock room, and only a couple are getting out at one time.

I'll keep an eye out for any that look any better.

Runobot
03-31-2002, 11:20 AM
Actually, I think Sid will open it so the condition of the box doesn't matter. But you seem to be pretty far away from us, we will probably find them soon enough.

Runobot
04-01-2002, 11:56 AM
Just went to TRU here and there are 22 AT-STs. Hopefully these will be in abundance.

I got the new boxed Spawn figure. He rocks!

Sidiously Darth
04-01-2002, 12:19 PM
Just went to TRU here and there are 22 AT-STs. Hopefully these will be in abundance.

I got the new boxed Spawn figure. He rocks!

Hey Runobot! Where are you going to put that Spawn figure? You don't have room for anything else on that shelf.:p

It's nice to see at least one TRU not holding back. Which TRU was it? (I bet it was the Fashion Square one.:D )

In other news:

Fedex paid a visit to my small abode today. They delivered a not so small package from the Fan Club. Here are the contents:

1 Slave Leia w/ Sail Barge Cannon
1 Queen Amidala Royal Decoy
1 Free MOC Watto

and last but definitely not least... drum roll please...

Isn't the anticipation killing you?:D

1 2002 Toy Fair Exclusive Darth Vader - Woo Hoo!!!:crazed: :crazed:

Naturally he is for sale to the highest bidder - Just Kidding!!!

Actually, I order this so long ago, I was starting to think it wasn't coming. I imagined getting this email stating they had refunded my money b/c they didn't have enough.

More later...My girlfriend's ready to go eat lunch.:rolleyes:

Runobot
04-01-2002, 12:48 PM
I tried to get one of those for 1 hour the second time they were released and the web page was too bogged down. Congrats!

InsaneJediGirl
04-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Same here Runobot and Congrats to Sidiously!

Got 4 SW Pez figures today.My parents said they found
them at the Russel Stovers Candy Outlet in Wildwood.I think
I just need the Boba Fett .Stormtrooper,Luke(Xwing) and Ben
now.The Pez SW figures are going for 1.30 or so a piece :D

Runobot
04-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Oh, yeah it was the Fashion Square TRU.

I got another Spawn guy today - Wings of Redmption, very nice. It is a slow time for SW here, no sign of any of the ships around, eh?

InsaneJediGirl
04-03-2002, 05:16 PM
No sign of the ships here..I really want that Crashed Snowspeeder with Dak figure!

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2002, 05:26 PM
I haven't been anywhere in a couple of days. I just dropped $70 on a new harddrive for the computer. Maybe I'll get out tonight after work.

Run, why are you shaming me on my review of the Jango figure? I like both the preview and the regular version.:p

Runobot
04-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Oh, because you made him into a different pose! I like that pose he comes with, that is all. It was just for fun.

Runobot
04-03-2002, 05:39 PM
Read this like David Letterman is saying it:

"You know you have social problems when:

5) You do not know what half of your friends look like.

4) You only know your friends by their user-names.

3) You have more friends on message boards than you do in real life.

2) You check to see if someone replied to your last post 5 times in one day.

And the number one reason you know you have social problems...[drum roll please]

You get excited when all your friends are online at the same time!"

Thank you very much, I will be here all week.

I think that I am going to post this in a new thread.

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2002, 08:52 PM
Man, now everyone knows I have social problems.:D

Runobot
04-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Target has basic figures on clearance for $4.40, delux and 25th anniversary for $11.10

billfremore
04-04-2002, 10:30 AM
Hey guys,

I'll be in the Orlando area next week starting Saturday.
I have a couple of questions:

What are my odds of finding an FX-7, BoShek, R4-M9, Queen's Decoy or an Eeth koth?

Where would be the best place to look for figures, selection-wise?

What are my odds of finding any ships at all?

If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated by me and I would make sure all of my fellow Canadians will sing your praises.
:)

Runobot
04-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Well, the only ship the you can find around here right now is the AT-ST at the TRU by the Fashion Square mall. Those figures have not been around except for one time as far as I know, and I never saw the Jedi...Who knows what this week will bring though.

InsaneJediGirl
04-04-2002, 06:35 PM
For Harder-to-Find figures,I normally try a TRU or a busy
Wal-Mart.They normally have what I am remotely looking for.

As for Eeth and Bo I havent found them..I really want to load up
on Rebel Troopers,no luck with those fellas either.I'll have to try Target.

JAYPEA
04-04-2002, 08:49 PM
I found Bo a few weeks ago at a Wal-Mart but I am still on the look out for the Jedi.
By the way, a friend of mine went to the Wal-Mart on Osceola Parkway and guess what? All four preview figures were there so I now have my Zam and I even have the AOTC Boba Fett figure. There was a pallet of AOTC figures and by mistake somehow they put Boba on the peg. You never know what you will find.
I just hope I find something cool in England when I go next week.
Jason.

InsaneJediGirl
04-05-2002, 10:24 PM
Nothing here..I did see a Deluxe Anamanman and Leia at WalMart today...funny..I thought those were all begin sold at
Targets.:crazed:

AT-AT Man
04-06-2002, 10:32 PM
hey guys jus letin you know that in South Florida i found the AT-ST
i found teebo, and the clonetrooper and zam previews, i also found the jango fett comic book, it's a good story.

JAYPEA
04-07-2002, 08:50 AM
I was at the TRU by the Florida Mall last night and they were fully stocked with the AT-ST's, and a bunch of harder to find figures: Plo Koon, Sebulba, the white protocol droid, Saesee Tiin, the pod race announcer and more. All that I have but haven't seen any where else. The Wal-Mart on Osceola Parkway had nothing, just the usual figures. The toy store in the Disney Village was fully stocked as well with Aurra Sing, Qui-Gon in the Jedi training outfit and Obi-Wan in the snow outfit, three figures that I got from ebay months before.
Well, that's my normal update. Have a wonderful day.
Jason.

Runobot
04-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Sanford mall Wal-Mart has Zam and the droid preview figures if anyone still needs them

SirSteve
04-07-2002, 02:41 PM
I am not far from Orlando (about 45 minutes)... what kind of hookups you got going around the stores?

:)

JAYPEA
04-07-2002, 05:05 PM
I just received e-mail on the official word on what Florida TRU stores are going to have the midnight AOTC sale:
Dadeland
Plantation
Miami International Mall
Coral Springs
Kendall Park

Guess I am going to Wal-Mart that midnight and TRU first thing in the morning when they open. Also, apparently if you try to buy an AOTC figure before April 23rd it will say NOT FOR SALE on the register. Wal-Mart was fined a lot of money for screwing up. My heart bleeds for them...NOT!
Jason.

Sidiously Darth
04-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by JAYPEA
I just received e-mail on the official word on what Florida TRU stores are going to have the midnight AOTC sale:
Dadeland
Plantation
Miami International Mall
Coral Springs
Kendall Park

What a can full of crap!!!:mad: :cry: :frus: :confused: :stupid: I have 5 TRUs within a 15-20 mile radius and none of them are on that list. Let's see, we have:

Fashion Square TRU
Florida Mall TRU
Alt. Springs TRU
TRU out towards West Oaks - Where I experienced Midnight maddness last time... along with some skinheads. I guess they like star wars, too.:confused:
TRU in Sanford

Screw TRU!!! I will buy my AOTC items elsewhere. The only thing I will buy from TRU from now on will be exclusives. I hope they don't get anymore!!!

Okay, I feel better now.:D

JAYPEA
04-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Hey, Darth, tell me what you really feel. Just joking. It is up to each store to decide if they are going to do the midnight sale or not. All the stores around me are the ones you mentioned so I feel your pain. By the way, I also went to the midnight sale at the West Oakes TRU. I was ninth in line, getting there around seven o'clock or so. I think I am going to Wal-Mart at midnight instead, they are open 24 hours after all.
Jason.

Runobot
04-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Well, should we all go to Casselberry Walmart at midnight then?

JAYPEA
04-07-2002, 07:15 PM
I will probably go to the one on Osceola Parkway, then the St. Cloud one and Sand Lake one. As well as Super Target and MAYBE TRU by the Florida Mall.
Jason.

AT-AT Man
04-07-2002, 08:37 PM
man i wish i lived up in orlando area, no one lives in south florida, do you know what also sucks is that i was jus up near the florida mall, and didn't stop by the TRU, i still need that Plo Koon