PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Tiger Jango Fett?

SirSteve
12-07-2001, 08:58 PM
Tell us what you think!

(http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=28&show_article=16)

Personally, I am in just complete awe... fantastic sculpt!

This is a Tiger Electronics toy which is Hasbro owned.

Tycho
12-07-2001, 09:19 PM
A figure with non articulated legs? (I don't know if we know the final answer to this one...) What do you think? Fans might get a little uh...perturbed. I can see for as far as the sculpt detail, it might be justified..... and finally when we pose the figures, leg articulation is not as often utilized...BUT....? What do you think?

I haven't decided myself yet. But I voted for "Not enough articulation" and hope this doesn't continue as a trend for the next year full of figures...

JediTricks
12-07-2001, 09:41 PM
The legs are articulated at the crotch, but it's a V-crotch like the Star Trek figures from Playmates or the recent Aurra Sing. I like how the holsters' straps are glued around the articulation, that looks really awesome, though probably won't be good for the actual articulation. I wonder what that hole in the front pouch is for.

Anyway, I think it looks really cool, but probably not enough worth-while articulation for my tastes. I'll still gladly buy it though. :greedy: :D

GNT
12-07-2001, 10:24 PM
It looks ok :)

We've seen this before on the official site and around the places(Although the one SSG seems to be multi coloured so it seems than the others!)

The first coloured version we saw of it (with the man behind it) seems to be a 12" figure, plus with what JediTricks has said about it being electronic in the EP2 section, it probably is and makes sense:)

JediTricks
12-08-2001, 12:05 AM
It's not the same, I saw the one you're talking about, that one is different, it has crisper details and different hand poses, and no articulation at all.

As for size, you won't be able to accurately tell sizes from protos anymore, I think, because the Realscan system spits out larger items than the Hasbro finished products.

bigbarada
12-08-2001, 12:27 AM
Is the helmet removable? And why is his rangefinder stuck to the side of his head? Even the POTF2 version of Fett didn't have that problem.

It's a great looking statue, I'll give it that. Except for the rangefinder thing.

JediTricks
12-08-2001, 12:30 AM
I am guessing here, but maybe the rangefinder is molded onto the helmet because the helmet is removable and needs to be one piece.

I think it's a figure, not a statue. It's got that same kind of pre-posed articulation as the Obi-Wan figure Hasbro showed a while back (thanks to Thrawn for pointing that out).

bigbarada
12-08-2001, 03:04 AM
I was being sarcastic.:rolleyes:

But I do feel better now that it's been listed as a Tiger Electronics figure.

master jedi
12-08-2001, 04:04 PM
This figure is awesome.:) :) :)

Tycho
12-08-2001, 06:43 PM
So any speculation on 'what is a Tiger Electronics Figure?'

In the past, that has been an Anakin with a Naboo fighter game, etc.

This figure could be 3 3/4" and just have a voice chip inside him.

Then there was the talking 12" Qui-Gon, JarJar, Maul, and C-3PO...

What size do you think he is?

jawa9
12-08-2001, 07:07 PM
It looks like a statue, but it looks REALLY clean.
Look forward to seeing and hearing more.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-08-2001, 08:00 PM
I am really impressed. This thing looks great. I hope the realscan technology spits out figures looking as good as this item. I probably won't get it though cause I'm only into the 3 3/4" scale.

GNT
12-09-2001, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I am really impressed. This thing looks great. I hope the realscan technology spits out figures looking as good as this item. I probably won't get it though cause I'm only into the 3 3/4" scale.

Same here I probably wont get it as I also just collect the 3inch figures :)

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 03:46 AM
I really hoipe that all the figures coming look this good and are moveable in all the areas,legs arms and such.If they are we will be in for a real treat.

Wolfwood319
12-09-2001, 04:27 AM
It looks really great, but I can't see it being more than a one-pose figure. I'm guessing its a 12'' style figure like the talking 12'' from E1.

Very McFarlane-esque, lot of detail, no decent articulation.

Tycho
12-09-2001, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
It looks really great, but I can't see it being more than a one-pose figure. I'm guessing its a 12'' style figure like the talking 12'' from E1.

Very McFarlane-esque, lot of detail, no decent articulation.

So if it was a 12", then they'd have room for articulation at the knees and legs, and so on.

No....I think it's smaller. Plus Tiger Electronics didn't make the Talking 12", Hasbro Direct did.... so it's still something else.

Wolfwood319
12-09-2001, 02:50 PM
No matter what size it is, with what I've seen from the figure, even if he has a lot of articulation, he still can't be posed in any other position then the one shown. His bent legs and straight left arm are pretty much stuck in that position.

If he is a 3'' figure, he'll be very similar to 300th Fett. A lot of articulation, but still a one-poser.

Jargo
12-09-2001, 03:07 PM
Looks like a nine inch figure to me. It's not crude enough to be a twelve inch one and too detailed to be a four inch one. Something i noticed is how squat this makes jango look. Like he has really short arms and legs and a chunky torso. Odd.

I won't be buying any nine or twelve inch figures as they all take up far too much room and I'm reserving it for the four inch figures and vehicles and beasties.

I agree that this is nice and clean looking if a little colourful, but what are the electronics - voice clips and blaster effects? hmmm.
I'm more interested in what the electronics in the four inch scale Reek are. Presumably they are sound clips of roars similar to the Jurrasic park III dinos. A tiny button hidden in the neck that you push to make it roar. guess that would work really well for jango here. push a tiny button on his gauntlet and make the rocket pack light up, or push it again to make him say something menacing etc. yeah, that'd work. :)

GNT
12-10-2001, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
No matter what size it is, with what I've seen from the figure, even if he has a lot of articulation, he still can't be posed in any other position then the one shown. His bent legs and straight left arm are pretty much stuck in that position.

From the looks of it he does have articulation in both of his elbows :)