PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Jango Fett figure pic

JediTricks
12-07-2001, 09:54 PM
If you haven't seen the pic, here it is in the SSG news:
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=28&show_article=16

First off, the figure looks fantastic IMO, though I am not convinced on the articulation. However, that aside, I think this may be an electronic figure that makes sounds because there are cut-aways in the center of the chest that, on other toys, usually means there's a small speaker just inside. Also, there's a hole in the belt pouch, no waist articulation, and the backpack appears to be extra thick, as if it was housing button-cell batteries. This is just a guess right now, of course.

Ultimately, a very cool figure!

GNT
12-07-2001, 10:21 PM
We've seen this before on the official site and around the places(Although the one SSG seems to be multi coloured!)

The first coloured version we saw of it (with the man behind it) seems to be a 12" figure, plus with what JediTricks has said about it being electronic, it probably is :)

As for articulation it has a removable helmet,Removable guns,Turning left hand and has articulation in the middle of the right arm(elbow)

Tycho
12-07-2001, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
However, that aside, I think this may be an electronic figure that makes sounds because there are cut-aways in the center of the chest that, on other toys, usually means there's a small speaker just inside. Also, there's a hole in the belt pouch, and the backpack appears to be extra thick, as if it was housing button-cell batteries. This is just a guess right now, of course.

I think you are right. Good observation Tricks. Hasbro has wanted sound in their figures ever since the CommTech chips.

We can only hope they do something right this time if they are attempting it. Reminds me of the Power F/X figures (light up lightsabers for the majority).

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty much a straight meat-and-potatoes collector: 3 3/4" and 12", plus vehicles and playsets and I'm satisfied. How about you? Why do they market these things?
(not that Jango doesn't look SWEET here! but remember Walmart's light-up hologram line?)

JediTricks
12-07-2001, 10:32 PM
I added that there doesn't appear to be any waist articulation either.

GNT, I'm pretty sure that the pic you have is a different thing, but the same pose - maybe it was a design aid. The wrinkles in the fabric and the posture and the poses in the hands are very different, as are the sizes and orientations of the helmet.

I am pretty sure the figure has shoulder articulation and hip articulation (v-crotch though) as well as those mentioned.

As for non-meat-n-potatoes figures, I bought most of the Epic Force, so if it's just a few pieces and they look good, I'll usually be up for buying it.

GNT
12-07-2001, 10:33 PM
I have attached that 12" loose Jango which is totally the same one posted on the front page of SSG only better looking IMO,all the joints are in the same place etc etc...

JediTricks
12-08-2001, 12:29 AM
It's not the same, I saw the one you're talking about, that one is different, it has crisper details and different hand poses, and no articulation at all, and the obvious helmet difference.

As for size, you won't be able to accurately tell sizes from protos anymore, I think, because the Realscan system spits out larger items than the Hasbro finished products.

bigbarada
12-08-2001, 12:52 AM
Why is the rangefinder pasted to the side of his helmet? I really hope this is a deluxe or electronic figure and not the regular 3 3/4" version. POTJ has tested my limits when it comes to tolerating statue figures. This seems to be taking everything a step furthur.:mad: I really dislike how the left arm is molded sticking straight out like that. Totally useless pose.

Hasbro has somehow forgotten the whole point of action figures. It is not to re-create the movie scene for scene; but to use your imagination to expand upon the movie. Pre-posed and scene specific figures completely shoot down that ability.

For instance, just because Luke never actually carried a blaster or a lightsaber while in his pilot gear in ANH doesn't mean that we wouldn't appreciate either one as an accessory. Plus a hand actually capable of holding something.

Beast
12-08-2001, 01:22 AM
Looks like the item has been re-described as a Tiger Electronics product. So, that explains the limited pose and the stance. Hopefully the actual Hasbro action figure will be much better.

I was suspicious of the image immediatly, especially since the rangefinger is attached to the top of the helmet. I figured it had to be, either a electronic deluxe figure, or somthing similar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
12-08-2001, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
It's not the same, I saw the one you're talking about, that one is different, it has crisper details and different hand poses, and no articulation at all, and the obvious helmet difference.

As for size, you won't be able to accurately tell sizes from protos anymore, I think, because the Realscan system spits out larger items than the Hasbro finished products.

The one I posted "looks" like it does have articulation in the same one as SSG posted, the only difference I noticed about it was the helmet as you said and the holes in him :)

SirSteve
12-10-2001, 05:48 PM
Hasbro has just contacted me regarding the Tiger (Hasbro owned) Electronic figure. I was instructed to remove the picture (and yes, I am sitting on a lot of them). Now, if we remove it, all is fine with them but we won't be able to bring you the latest pictures. If we don't remove the image, we won't be able to bring you pictures of their products from conventions (such as Toy Fair, Comic Con, etc).

:confused: Your thoughts? :confused:

Jargo
12-10-2001, 06:08 PM
Hmmmm, quite a quandry. have they contacted CSW over the pics they posted yet? ALL of the pictures of the catalog scans and the new one of the army builder stormtroopers? If CSW take their pics down then I'd say yes take yours down and initiate a secret society to distribute the pictures to a favoured few......
Seriously, If CSW still have their pics up then this is surely the suckiest favouritism going on Hasbro's part.

*I just checked and all images are still up at CSW*

So I say screw hasbro and screw their PR department! Leave the pictures up Steve. If Hasbro ban you from the conventions we'll just steal CSW's pics and edit out their name. Maybe not, but someone will provide the goodies I'm sure. Man this sucks big time.

SirSteve
12-10-2001, 06:38 PM
I can't find the catalog pictures...

Wolfwood319
12-10-2001, 07:13 PM
Me neither, I think Hasbro got to them.

Hasbro has been very strict it seems about E2 stuff. I personally don't see the big deal, we'll see them sooner or later. I know Lucasfilm probably has a big say in what Hasbro can show too. Sometimes all the "security" and "secrecy" is just ridiculous. I've seen the picture, I know what it looks like now. I've seen Jango Fett, and I know what he looks like too, its really not a big secret anymore.

As for the figure, someone mentioned the Epic Force line, could this be part of a new line similar to the Epic Force line? In any case, I only get the 3 3/4'' regular figures ( I didn't get the FX ones) and I very rarely get 12''. I own only 3 from all the lines put together.

Nice looking figure, but unless its really out of this world, I'm gonna pass.

derek
12-10-2001, 08:08 PM
if all hasbro can do if you refuse to remove photos of unreleased merchandise is ban you from toyfair, i think that would be worth the ban. let the other sites cover their show. let sir steves guide be the cutting edge place for all star wars news.

GNT
12-10-2001, 09:07 PM
I knew they were going to contact you to get you to take down the image, remember your posting stolen images from Hasbros building and posting it without their permission and I dont blame them either.

Jargo
12-10-2001, 09:34 PM
At the time of my last post the catalog pics were still up in CSW's archives. Obviously they took them down after a request or saw this thread and took them downbefore there was a request. Either way they're gone but the fan club pic is still up despite Hasbro not announcing it themselves in pictorial form or making an announcement themselves to say the pack contains the four figures and what they look like or come with as accessories.
It still smacks of favouritism from hasbro toward CSW. As Joe public I've noticed this favouritism from hasbro toward CSW on several occasions. Pictures and scoops showing up over there like a rash sometimes. I've thought privately that CSW is somehow an unofficial Hasbro site. Where does CSW get so many insider pics from? where does CSW get all the info that other sites like this one want but can't get? It smells wrong and it smells rotten. Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here and this post will be derided by the likes of GNT who visits CSW regularly, but I would like to see more of this information being shared if it comes from Hasbro directly or indirectly. This one-upmanship between sites is tiresome and childish. It seems like Hasbro only ever update their own site every time there are complaints about the lack of recent information. It took them six months to update the site after the initial release of POTJ figures. What kind of company are they running that keeps everything so secretive and under lock and key? I understand and accept the cloak and dagger aspect of stuff from the new movie and the influence of LFL over it all but I'm talking generally here about classic figures and the like being kept hidden from the people who will ultimately buy them. It's almost like Hasbro have a policy of "you can only see them if you're nice to us and don't complain about the lack of quality control and distribution any more" Purile and infantile behaviour from a multi-national operation? pathetic. How do they expect to sell figures if they don't advertise them? And the best advertisement is to get the pictures out to as many sites as possible. Simply giving the one site the scoop isn't going to sell more figures just up the hits at that particular site. Or is that what all this is about? A hit war.

SirSteve
12-10-2001, 09:46 PM
Things change... and they are about to. You'll see what I mean soon.

:)

bigbarada
12-10-2001, 09:47 PM
Oooooooooh, cryptic.:)

GNT
12-10-2001, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I've thought privately that CSW is somehow an unofficial Hasbro site.

CSW is run by fans just like us,(mostly)everyone there originally came from this site,they left here in the great "ISE" era and when Sirsteve was redoing the forums and left.

Jargo
12-10-2001, 09:52 PM
Not to mention intriguing. :D

JediMaster 716
12-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Hasbro should be glad people show pictures of figures to come, it saves them time from having to answer to every star wars fan out there. But it's there choice in the matter but still give it a break.:confused:

JediTricks
12-10-2001, 10:40 PM
I think SSG must go to the upcoming Toy Fair, even if it isn't as big as the 2000 one (2001 was a bust IIRC). I believe that'll be the point where Hasbro makes or breaks Ep 2 with the retailers and we should cover that aspect, even if they don't let us show Ep 2 product online.

As for all that other stuff, I will say "no comment".

GNT
12-12-2001, 01:03 AM
The picture seems to be taken down:(

mylow thehutt
12-12-2001, 06:42 AM
;) Well the new jango pic is very nice but I'm really in to articualtion,oh Rumors have it that the helmet is removable.Oh man sorry that it was removed,it will be back someday.:(

vulcantouch
12-16-2001, 12:25 PM
. . .that deserves a tactical answer, one suggested by hasbutt's own mandate, "remove"; i.e., remove their ability to threaten you, while preserving your ability to get results. how? by playing to your natural strengths:
there's already plenty of mutual exchange & referral between this site & rebelscum, collectsw etc, much of it on the part of forummers. so i suggest all you sites powwow & agree that one of you is gonna be the black sheep who'll forgo official sanction (which the rest of you'll continue to enjoy), but who will in the process become immune to any future blackballing threats on the part of lfl, hasbutt or anyone else. then, forummers on sanctioned sites simply continue as they always have: providing links to these VerboTen images. i doubt lfl & hasbutt watchdogs have the time to police every post that takes place on all yall's forums, and even if they did, trying to blackball sites whose forummers post a few mere links here & there wouldn't be a practical position for them to take :evil:
pullin together & diversifyin is the key, jennelmin :cool:
vt