PDA

View Full Version : New CloneTrooper/StormTrooper Designs!!!

Beast
02-10-2004, 10:16 AM
This turned up over at Episode-X, and I figured I'd pass it along. I'll attach a shrunk down version, but if you want to see the full one, hit the bottom link. They look pretty sweet. Not to sure about some of the concept paint jobs. But we'll see how many actually make their way into the movie. :)

http://koti.mbnet.fi/dukeirot/ep3/insider6.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-10-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure about these. On one hand, they're very nifty, but in other terms, the random waves of paint on the chest/legs looks very odd to me. The brown one looks like somebody threw a piece of crap at him and it kinda slid off his chest onto his legs. All in all, these do look very nice. I can only imagine the variations these'll cause for the Ep. III CT figures. :D

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 10:56 AM
I saw the picture in the insider, and I pray that they don't make those gawd awful paint jobs. This just looks like a way to make more money off of us collectors. Not to mention, they just really look horrific IMO.

sith_killer_99
02-10-2004, 10:58 AM
I hope they don't go with any of those paint jobs. They need to keep it simple! Otherwise it won't look like a natural progression for the armor. Just my opinion here.

As for the overall design, I think it works well.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-10-2004, 03:17 PM
It looks like their just trying things out like the pictures of various skin patterns for Jar Jar. The red one looks nice except that it looks like they have bulls eyes painted on them to make them easier to hit. The 1st blue one isn't bad. The green one is too busy. The brown one too indistinct. The 2nd blue one dull and distracting at the same time.

I don't have a problem with different color schemes for rank and function, like they had in AOTC, but then Lucas will feel compelled to go in and digitally color stormtroopers in the original trilogy, which I could live without.

I would love to see some various camouflage patterns on the armor. It seems more practical than white which stands out no matter where you put them (except Hoth).

Darth Kirk
02-10-2004, 03:28 PM
This turned up over at Episode-X, and I figured I'd pass it along. I'll attach a shrunk down version, but if you want to see the full one, hit the bottom link. They look pretty sweet. Not to sure about some of the concept paint jobs. But we'll see how many actually make their way into the movie. :)

http://koti.mbnet.fi/dukeirot/ep3/insider6.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thank you very much for the pics JarJarBinks.. I hope they got cups underneath, they look a little too vulnerable.. :crazed: :crazed:

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 08:47 PM
They look great to me..:)

Scackmgackm
02-25-2004, 08:39 AM
I think the stormtroopers are meant to have white armor for a very specific reason - the Empire WANTS you to see them coming. The stormtroopers are shock troops; as such, they are meant to terrify the enemy as much as anything else.

As soon as you see stormtroopers, you know you had better get the hell out of there, because they have no compunctions against throwing themselves into a battle with absolutely no regard for their personal safety, AND they are willing to fight battles of attrition until they overwhelm you.

Hence, the white armor makes sense. As soon as people see it, they take to the hills.

Darkness Shroud
02-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the picture jjb.:) I hope to hell they turn out to be plain white troopers not the paint by number kind. They look terrible! Has Georgey Porgey Lucas lost it?:( :confused: Feel free to start a new thread to answer that question!:D

2-1B
02-26-2004, 12:20 AM
I love the armor design but the conceptual color schemes are not to my liking. :)

JEDIpartner
02-26-2004, 09:01 AM
I think the overall design is fine. I think the variety of paint schemes is a little distracting and purposeless. They look less like soldiers than they do a street gang in armour. Still... I was VERY excited to see the combination of the two trooper designs when I got my INSIDER a couple weeks ago.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Oooooooo, JarJarBinks!!! The tables have turned my friend! :p

This picture was in one of the threads that -Durge- posted. I can't believe you didn't use the search feature before posting. :crazed:

Seriously now, these are just concept designs. Some of them are cool, and some are weird. I thought they would be like camoflague for the different planets they'd be fighting on in Episode III. Somewhere in the interview it said that several planets would be shown to show how the Clone Wars had enveloped the galaxy, which could be cool or weird depending on how they do it.

The real Luke
02-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Oooooooo, JarJarBinks!!! The tables have turned my friend! :p

This picture was in one of the threads that -Durge- posted. I can't believe you didn't use the search feature before posting. :crazed:

Seriously now, these are just concept designs. Some of them are cool, and some are weird. I thought they would be like camoflague for the different planets they'd be fighting on in Episode III. Somewhere in the interview it said that several planets would be shown to show how the Clone Wars had enveloped the galaxy, which could be cool or weird depending on how they do it.
Yeah camo would be real nice. That will never happen though. I am sure the finshed design will be mainly white. Maybe just a little bit of color, like the sandtroopers pauldron.

hango fett
03-19-2004, 06:08 AM
i like the blues one, personally. he would probably be a general or commander.
H

Darth Mina
03-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Stromtroopers are ment to be white, (IMO) I would really hate for GL to Making them with those ugly paint jobs. I much rater see the same kind of paint job used on E2 or even scale it down a little. But some people are right
more colors more figures more money.

clonehead
03-25-2004, 01:09 PM
I am digging it, but i can't wait to figure out why they change helmets.

Darkness Shroud
03-29-2004, 11:13 AM
I liked the ranking colours given to the clonetroopers in Ep2. But i'm still not keen on these designs.

Jay86
05-10-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, or if this topic has breen brought up before, but I was just looking through the last issue of Insider and I came across something that caught my attention.

- Open up to page 18 of Star Wars Insider, Issue 75 (the one with Grievous on the cover)
- In the lower left hand corner, in the article entitled "Hello, Goodbye", I noticed that a rather different looking Stormtrooper, possibly from Episode 3, is standing next to Mary Franklin (the woman in the picture). The Stormtrooper seems to have red lines/markings on him, or the little part you can see.

Just thought this was rather interesting as far as the topic of Episode 3 Clone/Stormtroopers and what they'll look like goes.

bigbarada
06-25-2004, 02:28 PM
I like the armor design a lot, and the evolving look of the stormtroopers is in keeping with the OT. There was a big change in the helmet design of the ROTJ stormtroopers from the ANH designs - not as major as the changes in the prequel armor, but Lucas did have them redesign the helmets from scratch while filming ROTJ.

As for the color schemes, I could do without them. I think the shiny white Stormtrooper armor is perfect considering that these are intended to be high profile troops. Camoflauge is a fairly recent development in warfare and it would compromise the feeling of overconfidence from the Imperials if the Stormtroopers were running around with camoflauge on.

vadersvette
06-25-2004, 07:28 PM
I like the armor design a lot, and the evolving look of the stormtroopers is in keeping with the OT. There was a big change in the helmet design of the ROTJ stormtroopers from the ANH designs - not as major as the changes in the prequel armor, but Lucas did have them redesign the helmets from scratch while filming ROTJ.
Really? I can't notice the difference :confused:

Kyle Katarn
07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
They're nice, they would look great as Ep III figures. I'm wandering what the paint variations mean.