PDA

View Full Version : Official News & Photos (merged)

SirSteve
02-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Read the news article from Hasbro I just posted regarding the OTC.

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29973

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Very cool! I saw a mock up of the retro packaging they are planning, and let me tell you, it looks awesome!

DarthQuack
02-10-2004, 11:05 AM
I can't wait to see the pictures start to roll in!

-Matt

Kidhuman
02-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Nice. The Falcon is gonna be hot. I cant wait toget my mitts on that piece.

vadersvette
02-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Very cool! I saw a mock up of the retro packaging they are planning, and let me tell you, it looks awesome!

Where did you see the mock up picture?! :sur:

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Where did you see the mock up picture?! :sur:

It's gone now, the whole thread got taken down on another discussion forum I post on. The pictures were from a LFL meeting in Minneapolis with others. They had a display stand with the packages. All I can say is, they really look nice. Im sure some pictures will be released somewhere down the road.

plasticfetish
02-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Whoaaah! Forget Star Wars... did I just read that Hasbro's going to be selling something called DANCE ALONG BOOHBAH? "Each of the five cuddly DANCE ALONG BOOHBAHS features six silly songs and eleven unique dances true to their endearing, whimsical personalities." I love dancing, and I love whimsy! Now THAT sounds like the thing for me.

Turbowars
02-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Where did you see the mock up picture?! :sur:Right here... http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2004/newfalcon.jpg

sith_killer_99
02-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Gotta have 10 letters or more?

KEWL!

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Right here... http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2004/newfalcon.jpg

Well, that's not the one I saw, it was an action figure package, but it had that same look as the Falcon box, black with silver!

plo koon 200
02-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Damn. I must see pic. Why can't you tell me about these things bobafrett. You know I have to see these pics.

bobafrett
02-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Damn. I must see pic. Why can't you tell me about these things bobafrett. You know I have to see these pics.

Sorry Plo Koon, but the entire thread got taken down, and it seemed it's where the "Back in Black" EPIII teaser that spread across the internet was also from. I saw the pictures only once before it was taken down, and I never had a chance to save them. If I did, and I just forgot, I'll have to check and see, but I'm sure I didn't.

vadersvette
02-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, that's not the one I saw, it was an action figure package, but it had that same look as the Falcon box, black with silver!
The logo looks like the original vintage logo, am I right? :nerv:

DarthQuack
02-11-2004, 08:34 PM
From the picture I have seen yes, that's what it looks like.

-Matt

vadersvette
02-11-2004, 08:57 PM
From the picture I have seen yes, that's what it looks like.

-Matt
Awesome!!!
I just wish Hasbro would either release pictures, or allow photos already!
I can't wait too see the package, and these figures! :dis: :ermm: :nerv:

DarthQuack
02-11-2004, 09:23 PM
No problem.

-Matt

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know if Hasbro is allowing pictures this time? I can't wait to see some! Will we have to wait until Hasbro's private showing to see their stuff?

DarthQuack
02-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I think SirSteve will be the one supply us with pictures once he sees them. Or at least I hope so!

-Matt

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Official site pics are up!!! WOW!!!
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1004/dn/default.cfm

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 08:12 AM
'3 ¾” Basic Figures – Basic figures will include re-releases of many of the core characters from Episodes IV-VI like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Darth Vader. In addition, there will be two themed waves of newly sculpted figures. The first wave will be Dagobah themed, and will include Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and R2-D2. The final theme for 2004 will be Bespin, and will include Princess Leia, a Cloud Car pilot, and Lobot.'

DarthQuack
02-13-2004, 08:29 AM
WOOHOO, I thought we would have to wait longer to see pics like this!!! AWESOME

-Matt

JEDIpartner
02-13-2004, 08:36 AM
I looked at them more. They look really great! The soft goods could stand a bit of improvement but I think they will, unltimately, allow for more articulation!

So... is the Han Solo on Card a mock-up using the currently reissued POTJ Han? There is a different Han in the trio of pics with Luke and Obi-Wan. Just curious if anyone had a guess.

The Artoo-Detoo [Dagobah Swamp] appears to be a third-leg removed version of the FX and Saga [AOTC] Artoo. Something I noticed with the "eye".

The paint jobs on the face still look a bit dire... but I think they may improve.

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 08:38 AM
I think the packaged han is the otc han, while the loose one is the 'vintage' release Han

JEDIpartner
02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
*sigh* Too many collections... LOL

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 08:45 AM
I really like the inclusive of the Dagobah bases, with the wave. Between the 4 of them, it will make up some pretty good swamp land for the Dagobah scene.
Spitit Ben, looks pretty darn cool. Luke's fave is a bit odd, but still cool that he can do handstands.

The Bespin wave looks great. 2 needed vintage updates, and a needed rescult, Exactly what we wanted!

bobafrett
02-13-2004, 08:58 AM
See, told you I did, pictures would be up soon you see, now broke will I be, yesss.

Sentinel18725
02-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Well, these look great.....a few thoughts

How about a lite dusting of glow stuff on Ben so he glows in the dark.....a little bit of irridium would make it cool without taking away from the paint job...I really liked the muddy stuff on R2...nice touch

Maybe package the whole thing upside down (A little reference to SW:CCG:Dabobah-Decipher cards)

Did anyone notice that they mentioned the Tie and the X-Wing but not a cloud car pilot? How about that? Ya gotta have this guy do something then just stand around.....

Also, how about an Ice Cream guy in the Bespin wave...

abell748
02-13-2004, 09:13 AM
hasbro has left me speechless. why couldn't they have done this packaging design the whole time? i must have these to sit along my boxed vintage stuff!!! i hope it will be readily availible this fall. i guess i had better start saving my cash now, it's gonna hurt (but in a good way).

evenflow
02-13-2004, 09:19 AM
VEry nice and I really hope they continue with this line. The "vintage" style figures dont really look vintage to me though. I want them all anyway.

DarthBrandon
02-13-2004, 09:32 AM
The pics are awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on most of the goods. I wonder why Hasbro took so long to gets things right? Must be that they are finally paying attention to what's being said around these sites.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2004, 09:38 AM
These look fan-freakin'-tastic!!!! I'm also slightly confused though: are any of these "core characters" going to be resculpts or what? Also, so, they're going to do a Bespin & Dagobah wave for the OTC and then kick into the 4 vintage figures from each flick in the fall? So many questions! :D

angellus
02-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Check out the link. Can't wait for these!

Darth Alex
02-13-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm very, very impressed with these. I was out of the hobby for a while, but with how great things are being made now I am definetly back in. The vintage-style Luke is great and finally I'll have a DS duel Ben I will be completely happy with. The Han is not needed with the great Ep 4 Hans we've got, but I will get it nonetheless. The Lobot and CC pilot are must-haves, and I really like what Hasbro is doing with the Dagobah 4. I wonder if Luke will have an extra head or there will be a second Luke figure to pose for when he "carries" Yoda on his back. If they keep the figure as is, the hair will look a little goofy defying gravity. I'm not sure we need another TIE after the nice job on the recent KB exclusive, but the Falcon will be very cool. I don't currently collect the 12" line, but I could see myself grabbing that Stormtrooper.
I'm sure there will be some who don't like what they're seeing already and that's fine. Everyone IS entitled to their opinion. To be honest, with all the re-sculpts there are some things I won't re-buy or even buy new. In fact, I dowloaded a list of what's been released so far and am crossing out things I don't need to re-purchase. All told, I'm may not be a completist anymore or even buy many army-builders, but I'm pretty happy with the state of the hobby right now. I can find things I want w/o getting scalpted from the dealers charging an insane 17.99-19.99 per new fig AND I have a lot of stuff to look forward to.
This is why I collect-it's fun once again. Bring it on....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2004, 10:11 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=309296&postcount=19

Check out the "official news" thread for the discussion thoughts and join in!! :crazed:

Reefer Shark
02-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Wow!!!
Fantastic!!!

I love the new packaging! I love the new figures! They all look great to me (except mabye Obi's cloth cloak). I'm glad to see that the Falcon's packaging looks better than that 1st unauthorized pic that was floating around earlier.

Those 12"ers look fantastic too! I can't wait to see pics of the 12" Boba Fett! Hopefully those won't be as hard to find as the last few waves.

Nice work Hasbro :)

CrossWizard
02-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Well there goes my bank account. With the DVD set, the obsecene amount of video games I'm awaiting this year and now the Original Trilogy collection, I think I would estimate my filing for bankruptcy around November 2004.

Reefer Shark
02-13-2004, 10:24 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but this seems the more appropriate place for it so =

Wow!!!
Fantastic!!!

I love the new packaging! I love the new figures! They all look great to me (except mabye Obi's cloth cloak). I'm glad to see that the Falcon's packaging looks better than that 1st unauthorized pic that was floating around earlier.

Those 12"ers look fantastic too! I can't wait to see pics of the 12" Boba Fett! Hopefully those won't be as hard to find as the last few waves.

Nice work Hasbro :)

Darth Alex
02-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Well there goes my bank account. With the DVD set, the obsecene amount of video games I'm awaiting this year and now the Original Trilogy collection, I think I would estimate my filing for bankruptcy around November 2004.
I have no idea how I'm gonna afford it all. Layways and Lamis(sic) bread will help...http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif
This is why I'm not a completist and I really don't "do" dioramas. Don't getta me wrongo....I'd love to have everything, but the meaning of that is strained with cartoon figures, silver figures, toyfair Vader prices...just collect what you like is a sound philosophy. I'd love to make custom dioramas, but I need somewhere to sleep, eat, and entertain. The days of 20 royal guards around the shuttle are a bit past...:) .

Beast
02-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Wow. Just wow. Very very nice. Steve was right, the Dagobah Wave is great. I'll probably get a second Ghost Obi-Wan, and put a thin coat of clear blue paint over him. And nice to see confirmation of the Bespin Wave. Lobot and Leia: Bespin look sweet as hell. And those modern vintage figures. Fan-freakin'-tastic. It's odd to see a 3 3/4" Luke with a soft goods tunic though. But it looks like they pulled it off well. Not quite as impressed with Obi-Wan's cloak. But this is the Obi we've been needing for the Landspeeder. And Han looks great also. Damn, hope we see more at Toy Fair. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-13-2004, 10:41 AM
OMG.........they look awesome. And so does the new old-skool cards. I can not wait to see these at retail. This is one thing Iwould resort to getting from Ebay if I had to. At the point of sound redundant...............FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC.

<DROOL>

Bosskman
02-13-2004, 11:00 AM
These figures are quite enogh to get me excited about SW figures again (well the Jabba's palace wave helped a lot too). This is what SW figures should have been like from the star (1995 I mean). Absolutely awesome is all i gotta say.

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow, those figures look awesome! I can't wait to get the Yoda, he does look kinda similar to the Episode I Yoda figure. The Luke looks awesome too, a definite improvement on the POTF2 version. I wonder how he's stuck on the base though? Holes in his hands?

I do have some questions though. On the official site, it says:

3 ¾” Basic Figures – Basic figures will include re-releases of many of the core characters from Episodes IV-VI/ like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Darth Vader. In addition, there will be two themed waves of newly sculpted figures.

It says that the the basic figures will be re-releases but it says: in addtion there will be two themed waves of newly sculpted figures.. Does this mean that the re-releases will be old figures that are just re-carded? It mentions Darth Vader and I'm really hoping for an all new sculpt.

Beast
02-13-2004, 11:12 AM
I wonder what the other 7 figures are in the Modern/Vintage line. Since they're core characters, I'm going to go with the following thoughts. :)

A New Hope:
Luke: Tatooine*
Obi-Wan Kenobi*
Han Solo*
Princess Leia Organa - Everyone remembers her white outfit with buns

Empire Strikes Back:
Lando Calrissian - A new Super Poseable Lando would rock
Chewbacca - His 'hairdo' was the best from this film
C-3PO - Shiny, Removable Limbs, Backpeice, Lower Leg, articulated ankles so he can sit
Yoda - Soft goods Robes

Return of the Jedi:
Emperor Palpatine - Need a really good version of Palpy
Boba Fett - ROTJ Paintscheme - Soft Goods Cape
R2-D2 - Hatches Open w/ Tools from Endor
Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-13-2004, 11:14 AM
It says that the the basic figures will be re-releases but it says: in addtion there will be two themed waves of newly sculpted figures.. Does this mean that the re-releases will be old figures that are just re-carded? It mentions Darth Vader and I'm really hoping for an all new sculpt.
They'll re-issue one of the best older Vader's. But don't forget the super-articulated modern/vintage line we're getting. We're sure to get an ***-kicking Vader in that series. Since it says it will be core characters with massive articulation and soft goods. :)

3 ¾” Vintage Figures – These figures will be ultra-modern sculpts with incredible articulation and decoration of twelve core characters from the classic trilogy, with four representing each movie. The vintage aspect is that they will be placed in reproductions of the card fronts from the original packaging of the 70’s or 80’s. That means they will have the same “coffin” blister and even the Kenner logo! For those that want to keep the product in the package, the figures will come with a Star Wars embossed outer clamshell.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2004, 11:20 AM
They'll re-issue one of the best older Vader's. But don't forget the super-articulated modern/vintage line we're getting. We're sure to get an ***-kicking Vader in that series. Since it says it will be core characters with massive articulation and soft goods. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks for clarifiying JarJar, I hope we get an awesome neutrally posed Vader with sculpting as good as Bespin Duel, if Hasbro gives us that, I'll be one happy son of a gun. :D

Beast
02-13-2004, 11:25 AM
After seeing the Luke, Obi-Wan, and Han from the Super-Articulated Modern/Vintage line. I'm pretty sure that the Vader and other figures from that series will kick arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2004, 11:25 AM
I wonder what the other 7 figures are in the Modern/Vintage line. Since they're core characters, I'm going to go with the following thoughts. :)

A New Hope:
Luke: Tatooine*
Obi-Wan Kenobi*
Han Solo*
Princess Leia Organa - Everyone remembers her white outfit with buns

Empire Strikes Back:
Lando Calrissian - A new Super Poseable Lando would rock
Chewbacca - His 'hairdo' was the best from this film
C-3PO - Shiny, Removable Limbs, Backpeice, Lower Leg, articulated ankles so he can sit
Yoda - Soft goods Robes

Return of the Jedi:
Emperor Palpatine - Need a really good version of Palpy
Boba Fett - ROTJ Paintscheme - Soft Goods Cape
R2-D2 - Hatches Open w/ Tools from Endor
Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Great list JarJar. I'm totally agreed on a Yoda from the Empire Strikes back with soft goods robes.

As for Return of the Jedi: Agreed on the Palpatine! The POTF2 Flashback one is the best version of the Emperor yet. The most recent figure got his face spot on but the hood kinda bothers me. If we get a sculpt as good as the POTF2 one with a face as good as the SAGA one, it'd be the best version of the Emperor yet.
I bet we'll get a reissue of the Darth Vader with removeable helmet but it would be nice to have another new one. :D
A Boba Fett would be great, if they make him as good as the 300th one with the Return of the Jedi paint scheme, that would truly kick ***.

One figure that I'd love to see in this assortment would be: Luke Skywalker - Endor Gear. Lots of articulation, amazing sculpt, just like Jabba's Palace. Removeable helmet and removeable soft goods poncho... that way, we get a perfect Death Star II Version. Do you think we'll actually see this figure anytime soon JarJar? Or would we get two figures of Luke that are more scene specific? :)

Reefer Shark
02-13-2004, 12:13 PM
I cant wait to see the Vintage packaged, super articulated figures! :cool:

El Chuxter
02-13-2004, 12:18 PM
My dear sweet lord. . . I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be exciting about one upcoming Tatooine Luke resculpt, much less two! That 12" Luke made me wet my pants. I need to go change them, but in the meantime let me say I hope a "modern vintage" Vader is the "Bespin Revelation" version I've often suggested. . . this time without the stupid action feature!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Holy buggin' crap! This is AWESOME!!! I'll be posting my thoughts on everything and try to explain what it sounded like to me.

It looks like there will be three waves in the Orginal Trilogy Collection, one from each movie, in the package Han was in. The first wave is rereleases from all three movies, I guess, but the next are new - Dagobah and Bespin.

The packaging for the OTC looks sweet. I may have to get the first wave and keep them carded, if they all look that good. Because I won't be getting the rereleases for opening, unless I didn't get them before (hoping for a hooded Leia).

The Dagobah wave is . . . pretty good. Luke's face is goofy, but maybe that'l be fixed. It's still cool that he can do a handstand. Hopefully Yoda will fit on his feet, that would be too cool. However, this Yoda isn't perfect. He looks kinda skinny, and they used the AOTC/Clone Wars head sculpt for him. Not sure about him yet. But Ben, oh man he is great! They really got him this time. Apparently he continues to fight evil after his death. :D But they had a saber with holo Luke too so I'll let it go. R2-D2 is good too, I like the mud (even if he is the same as the Power FX and the Coruscant Sentry sans the third leg). I like the R2s with sound and light, so this one will be good. All their bases look the same, which is fine, but hopefully they can connect.

The Bespin wave, now THAT is a wave! Finally, a good version of Bespin Gown Leia! She loooks perfect. The Cloud Car Pilot, I don't really remember what he looks like but it looks good. Too bad there still isn't a Cloud Car. Anyway, Lobot! No more disco dancing for him! Neutral poses and good sculpts are good things!

From what I can tell, the "Vintage" line is a separate line from the OTC with 12 figures with limited accessories but heavy articulation. I wonder if they will be the first 12 figures from the original line, or a mix from all three movies. I'm hoping for the latter. They also said the figures will have a Star Wars embossed outer shell. What the hell does that mean?

These figures are what we've been waiting for! Luke's hair is iffy, but I like it overall. Weird to see a cloth tunic, but it works well. This Ben is the definitive, all-purpose Ben I've wanted to see for a long time. He can sit in his hut or the landspeeder, he can have his hood up for Death Star or Jundland Wastes or down for other times. The cloak is a bit big, but not horrible. I'm particularly excited about the cloth bottoms! But, his saber has no flare and Luke's does, so I hope they can pick one design or the other and stick with it. Han rocks! His sculpt is dead-on finally, and his articulation is great! The holster isn't on his leg anymore, which is great. I'm hoping for SA versions of Chewie, Vader, Lando, C-3PO, and a Stormtrooper. If all the figures were like these, that would be so sweet.

The 12" look great, but I don't collect those so I'll pass.

The "new" Falcon looks pretty nice. Too bad it couldn't be as big as it should, but it's still nice. I'll get this if the price is right.

I didn't get that godawful X-wing the first time, but I might just so I have it. I hope they'll put in a better R2 unit, with actual details. But it looks like this is what we'll get. The TIE Fighter is okay, I may pick one up since I only have the Kay-Bee dogfight version.

They need more sabers, like OT Ben's, but I won't get any old ones.

The Yoda has a blissl flute, nothing new. I'll pass.

I can't wait for the fall!!!

CrossWizard
02-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I have no idea how I'm gonna afford it all. Layways and Lamis(sic) bread will help...http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif
This is why I'm not a completist and I really don't "do" dioramas. Don't getta me wrongo....I'd love to have everything, but the meaning of that is strained with cartoon figures, silver figures, toyfair Vader prices...just collect what you like is a sound philosophy. I'd love to make custom dioramas, but I need somewhere to sleep, eat, and entertain. The days of 20 royal guards around the shuttle are a bit past...:) .

Heh, I'm not even a completist or an army builder either but if the 12 OTC figures are core characters like Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, etc. I will have to buy all 12, then the Falcon, Bespin Leia, Lobot and Jabba's Palace Lando which I still haven't found and don't expect to see until summer.

Beast
02-13-2004, 01:15 PM
From what I can tell, the "Vintage" line is a separate line from the OTC with 12 figures with limited accessories but heavy articulation. I wonder if they will be the first 12 figures from the original line, or a mix from all three movies. I'm hoping for the latter. They also said the figures will have a Star Wars embossed outer shell. What the hell does that mean?
It says there will be 4 from each movie. And I was thinking over the list I posted. I bet one will be the rumored Super Articulated StormTrooper instead of maybe Boba or Palpatine. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2004, 01:28 PM
It says there will be 4 from each movie. And I was thinking over the list I posted. I bet one will be the rumored Super Articulated StormTrooper instead of maybe Boba or Palpatine. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Oh yeah, thanks. Maybe they'll reveal them at Toy Fair, but probably not. :)

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 01:56 PM
I got an email from EE to preorder OTC stuff

basic assortment:
Star Wars - The Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4 inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 7. Loosely based on the Dagobah theme. Includes all-new vintage-style packaging that resembles the original line of Kenner Star Wars action figures. Contains 12 individually packaged action figures including 2x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 2x Yoda - Dagobah, 1x Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x Luke Skywalker - X-Wing Pilot, 1x Luke Skywalker - Jedi, 1x Han Solo, 1x Chewbacca, 1x Darth Vader (subject to change). All information and descriptions are subject to change. More details coming soon!
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715K
vintage
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85213A
12"
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85230A

Kidhuman
02-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Sweetness. I might have to look into a case from them.

Darth Trymybestus
02-13-2004, 02:51 PM
I got an email from EE to preorder OTC stuff

basic assortment:
Star Wars - The Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4 inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 7. Loosely based on the Dagobah theme. Includes all-new vintage-style packaging that resembles the original line of Kenner Star Wars action figures. Contains 12 individually packaged action figures including 2x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 2x Yoda - Dagobah, 1x Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x Luke Skywalker - X-Wing Pilot, 1x Luke Skywalker - Jedi, 1x Han Solo, 1x Chewbacca, 1x Darth Vader (subject to change). All information and descriptions are subject to change. More details coming soon!
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715K
vintage
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85213A
12"
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85230A

Heck yeah! I'm excited about the Luke - X-Wing Pilot, the only decent one is the POTF2 one.. which kinda sucks so I want a new one.

What do you think the Luke Skywalker - Jedi will be? New Death Star II or Endor Version or re-packaged Jabba's Palace or Throne Room Duel? :)

darthzirock
02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
However, this Yoda isn't perfect. He looks kinda skinny, and they used the AOTC/Clone Wars head sculpt for him. Not sure about him yet.

Nope, take a closer look. That's not the Saga Yoda head from either of the two head-sculpts, nor is it the Episode I head-sculpt. It's new, and it looks pretty accurate -- maybe they RealScanned one of the existing props? Yeah, the body is a bit too skinny. Hopefully, they'll beef that up just a tad.

plo koon 200
02-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Amazing. Just amazing. The packaging even has the large photo. I think this packaging actually beats the Vintage because we have the large buggle and a great background. I am very happy as long as I can find these.

plo koon 200
02-13-2004, 05:01 PM
And one more thing HASBRO. DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT change the packaging after this. Use this for EIII. This is the packaging we have been waiting for ages. You even got the name tag right. I am shocked so please keep me shocked by not changing the packaging.

plasticfetish
02-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Well... uh, now it's my turn... "WOW!"

Great stuff!!! I don't even know where to start, but first up, I suppose we can all give ourselves a big pat on the back for suggesting (at one time or another) and begging for a lot of what's being shown here.

The packaging looks GREAT! From just looking at that Han figure... and to repeat what's been said before, that's the way they should have been doing it all along. The graphics fit and use the shape of the card sooo well. They also really help to frame the figure and make it stand out. SUPER! I really want to look at the card backs to see if they're doing it vintage style as well. (Man, I hope so.) 21 of these "basic" figures perhaps, and then 12 articulated "vintage" ones?

Those new basic figures look really nice. I know that they're probably prototype figures, and we should all hope that the final versions (paint and all) are that nice, but it looks super so far.

The "Vintage Figures" look to be simply perfect. I mean... articulated, soft goods, vintage style packaging... exactly what we've all been asking for.

They also said the figures will have a Star Wars embossed outer shell. What the hell does that mean?
Sounds like they'll come packed in a protective "Star Wars embossed" clamshell case. Nice!

What do you think the Luke Skywalker - Jedi will be?
My guess is that it'll be the Jabba's Palace Jedi Luke that we just got (or are still getting) repackaged on one of these cards. I hope that they fix up the cloak just a little, and find a way to pack the whole thing so that it's better looking on the card.

The 12" figures look super also. I'm kind of shocked at how great that Luke looks... I really hope that the final retail version of the head looks exactly like that. Boba Fett... I wonder if he'll have removable armor and the same head as Jango. Can't wait to see!

The Falcon!!! Oh man... that is so obviously what I'll be getting my kid for X-mas this year.

It all looks great! Very exciting!

Boba Fetish
02-13-2004, 06:26 PM
I agree Plo Koon 200. I think they should use this packaging for a while now and the saga card can end. Finally, we're getting the meat and potatoes of this well guarded line. :)

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Heck yeah! I'm excited about the Luke - X-Wing Pilot, the only decent one is the POTF2 one.. which kinda sucks so I want a new one.

What do you think the Luke Skywalker - Jedi will be? New Death Star II or Endor Version or re-packaged Jabba's Palace or Throne Room Duel? :)
I'm thinking it'll be Jabba's palace luke from this year. although I wouldn't mind a spiced up death star version.

I'm thinking Luke x-wing will be the POTJ mold

Ender82
02-13-2004, 06:44 PM
These figures look really great. The vintage ones are a must buy! That luke and obi-wan look great with their cloth clothing. i am in awe. Spirit Obi-wan also looks good and I love the packaging! Good job hasbro don't screw it up!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah, the only new figures (besides the "vintage" ones) are the Bespin and Dagobah ones on the page. The others on the card that Han is on will all be rereleases. Those are nice choices for rereleases though. :)

Just an afterthought . . . why the hell would they put the Yoda saber on an OTC card? It's an AOTC product and has nothing to do with the original trilogy! I know it sells well and everything but it seems silly. :p

Kidhuman
02-13-2004, 06:52 PM
I dunno why Yoda has a saber. Probably the same reason Obi spirit does.

vadersvette
02-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Check out the link. Can't wait for these!

AWESOME!!!
Now, I'll I need is a time machine :D :D :D

vadersvette
02-13-2004, 07:33 PM
These Figures look awesome!!! Does anybody know if the package is different for each move set (the SW, ESB, and ROJ logos)???

sith_killer_99
02-13-2004, 09:31 PM
These look fantastic! I really like the looks of that 12 inch Stormtrooper...I didn't know Hasbro could do anything that good (in 12 inch scale!).

But if I have to buy another Cantina/CommTech Han Solo, I may loose my sanity! :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
02-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Awesome.I am not a completist or one who buys something to open and one to keep boxed/carded.This line however,just awesome.I have a feeling the bank account will be empty come fall :D

tagmac
02-13-2004, 11:05 PM
I was afraid the line was gonna be all rehashes/ repackages, but aside from Han, it looks pretty good to me.

Banthaholic
02-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Not sure yet, although I'm guessing they'll use the same basic card-back

B'Omarr Monkey
02-13-2004, 11:28 PM
I've not really kept anything on card for a while (except the animated style clone wars figures because those are nice packaging too) but I won't mind getting previously released figs--at least a couple, to keep on card. I'm not so enamored of the Luke or Ben with the cloth clothing. Ben looks like he's wearing a boa! I've never been a big fan of using actual cloth with the 3 3/4" scale figures, as I feel it just doesn't work, it doesn't look natural or realistic.

I'm glad toi see we're finally getting a cloud car pilot, now what's happening with the cloud car? Will it come with a pilot, too? bespin Leia and Lobot were figures I didn't really need to see resculpted, but seeing what a great job Hasbro did, I've changed my mind.

I agree on the packaging. The color backdrop looks sharp, much better than those purple tint backgrounds from the initial Saga wave. Of course, if it doesn't show behind the bubble trays and accesories, we can expect it dropped . They'll proabably drop it anyway as I'm sure it adds to the expense of producing the cards.

But overall this is a big improvement over the rather bland cards we've been getting over the last few years.

Silent Chazz
02-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Ok these new Figures look cool (especially Luke and Yoda). However, is it just me or does the Softgoods Obi look like he's wearing Saga Jedi Starfighter Obi's Jedi Robe?

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 09:25 AM
And one more thing HASBRO. DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT change the packaging after this. Use this for EIII. This is the packaging we have been waiting for ages. You even got the name tag right. I am shocked so please keep me shocked by not changing the packaging. This is what I'm afraid of. This package will be short lived. I think the line will sell well, because it wont only be bought by us, the dihard collector,but the average Joe will probably pick them up due to the DVD release. Non collectors will take notice. On the other hand retail might stock the crap out of this stuff and they will warm the pegs.

JediTricks
02-14-2004, 02:36 PM
This all looks pretty slick. I don't care all that much about the packaging anymore, I think the gold border Saga packaging is a little more refined and such, but this isn't bad either. I don't really understand why they just released this Hall of Fame stuff in the Saga line if they're going to do basically the same thing with this OTC line as well, but I'm not a carded collector so I also don't care that much. :D

Hellboy
02-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Very, very cool stuff indeed. Looks like 2004 is going to be an even better year than I tought. :cool:

The only disappointment for me is the absence of a black Bespin Guard since this would've been the best opportunity at seeing one produced. I'm really glad though that R2 is filthy and we FINALLY get a Cloud Car Pilot. :D

Pretty smart marketing relaeasing the DVD's and the OTC line months before next summer's release of EPIII. It should get even more fans excited to see how the prequels connect up with the OT when all is said and done. I just hope the trend of producing highly articulated figures continues through the release of EPIII and we don't fall back into the gimmick laden quagmire that was EP II.

Kidhuman
02-14-2004, 03:26 PM
I just preordered a case from EE. So, that will be here and I dont have to hunt these suckas down.

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 07:19 PM
I just preordered a case from EE. So, that will be here and I dont have to hunt these suckas down.Same here, but lately EE has been slower than retail. I have canceled order after order. Which is a good thing, I spend less and someone else gets a shot at the toys.

Kidhuman
02-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, hopefully since it was put up yesterday, the list isnt that long and I am near the top. I wouldnt care if they are slow, its gotta be faster than getting new stuff here. If I move again, it will be to a larger city where people actually buy more toys.