PDA

View Full Version : Officially licensed Armor?!?!?!

Exhaust Port
02-10-2004, 11:04 AM
BIG NEWS: Official Stormtrooper Armor
Thu, Jan 22, 04 04:25:54 PM EST

In a story we first reported 2 and half years ago, confirmed in the Insider 6 months later, we have a new update. Master Replicas has released several sabers, blasters, and other props from the Star Wars movies, but the Stormtrooper armor seems to have fallen to the wayside.

We have new information that the Stormtrooper armor may be available in the near future. We do not know what version of the Trooper armor (ANH/ROTJ) will be created. Our info says it will be of ABS rather than Styrene. The price range we are hearing is about $700.

We do not know if they are considering the Biker Scout, Snowtrooper, Clonetrooper, or Fetts in future runs as of yet
I found this posted on some remote SW related forum so I don't know the original reporting agency but I figured that I would share. $700? If that included the helmet and even some accessories that would be a great price in my eyes if it was 100% accurate. I would hope they would start with the standard Stormtrooper. From that they could do basic modifications to create the Clonetrooper and even the Trooper from Ep. III.

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
From what I understand, this is still on hold, but then it's just a matter of armor envy, licensed vs. unlicensed.

Exhaust Port
02-10-2004, 11:52 AM
GL and company seems to spend a lot of energy keeping the reigns pretty tight on the unlicensed market but still lets it exist in its current state. Perhaps he's reached his breaking point and figures that it would be a better use of his resources to produce the armor than just trying to keep others from making and selling it. He has to know that if LucasArts sold 100% accurate armor for even remotely competative prices compared to the unlicensed stuff that it would nearly stop the secondary market stuff. Why spend $700 on an unlicensed armor from an unlicensed seller that could be of sub-standard quality when you could spend $700-800 for a licensed set? If it should be similar to the quality of the other Master Replica stuff than it will be worth the price.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this. This update came from Force.net as it turns out and was only posted 2 weeks ago. Perhaps we would hear more later this year.

dr_evazan22
02-10-2004, 06:50 PM
I rad about this a couple years or so ago o TFN, and again sometime last month. Will believe when I see it. An official source, I think they wouldn't be able to handle requests for different sizes, the ability to make a suit of armor look the same for a 5'7" person and for a 6'2". Will it still be made from poly?

Like I said, will believe it when I see it.

Exhaust Port
02-10-2004, 08:52 PM
It would probably be no different than it is for the unlicensed armor, one size fits all. If you're 7', you're not going to look very good in ST armor.

bobafrett
02-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes, the unlicensed stuff is pretty much a one size fits all. However you can modify it to fit your body size, for example I'm 5' 09", a little short, and when I first put on the armor, it scraped my legs up in the back. Since then I have slowly ground a little bit off until I find a comfort area. Still if your 7' tall, your probably not going to look that good in a set of armor.