PDA

View Full Version : General Grievous Picture

Val Da Car
02-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Amazon has the fifth book of Boba Fett and on the cover is General Grievous (EP III) lead bad guy.

Amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0439339316/qid=1076460374//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-9181471-0892669?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

-Durge-
02-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Yep, thats him. Double G.:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2004, 07:52 AM
I kinda like him; he looks pretty sweet. It should be interesting to see him in action. I haven't paid attention to the spy reports about him, so it should be sweet to watch him in action. cheers!! :D

Beast
02-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Anyone been following the books? Any idea why Jango (or Boba dressed as Jango) appears on the cover? Is he using one of Jango's basic suits for his own right now. And not the version he wears in the original trilogy? Or does Jango maybe appear in flashback?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darkness Shroud
02-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I like the picture, very cool, but are you sure its him? I think its pure speculation at the moment what grevious looks like.:)

2-1B
02-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Looks pretty goofy to me, worse than I even imagined.

Still, he doesn't look as silly as Asaaj Ventress or Durge. :D

Beast
02-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Yes, we're pretty sure it's him. The synopsis for the book, fits what we know of the character.

On his first big assignment for Jabba the Hutt, Boba must confront a new galactic villain -- a sinister force who will play a significant role in the upcoming film StarWars: Episode III!

And the description we've heard about the character fits what the cyborg looks like on the front cover of the novel. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2004, 02:27 PM
goofy question alert: how old is Boba supposed to be in this book? wasn't he like 10 in AOTC? How many years are between Ep II and III? I'm just curious as to how he'd be able to fit in to the costume and all that jazz. :D

James Boba Fettfield
02-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Where are those General Grievous doubters at? You remember, the ones who said this was a fanboy make believe character.

heh heh heh . . . The picture of him makes me laugh. I think it is the shape of the head. It's like a suppository, grievous indeed.

DarthChuckMc
02-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Here's another Grievous shot

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2004, 05:24 PM
He looks pretty doofy to me. Something's not right about him. Hopefully he'll do something good to make up for him being so ugly. :p

Val Da Car
02-11-2004, 07:40 PM
an Amazon goof...they pulled the picture oops....

enjoy!!

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Why all the double G hate?:confused:

2-1B
02-12-2004, 04:15 AM
Where are those General Grievous doubters at? You remember, the ones who said this was a fanboy make believe character.

I was a doubter because it DID sound like fanboy nonsense. I wish I had been right. :(

James Boba Fettfield
02-12-2004, 10:27 AM
What I mean by that is where are the posters who said all of these spy reports were fan boy nonsense. You know, the whole "Lucas is probably feeding us false reports, this movie is locked up tight."

Yeah, the General character is a bit weird, but I'm going to wait and see how this fits in with the movie. It might work, who knows. Of course, it could fail horribly. I'd hate to see this film end that way. Now stillakid, come in and help confirm my doubts about this movie. Kidding, man, kidding.

Darkness Shroud
02-12-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm still not sure. Remember Fox Mulders poster " I WANT TO BELIEVE"? Well......
If i'm wrong i'm wrong but i think its way too early to think about pictures of grevious. All reports i have heard is that he is probably all CGI, surely all Lucas' hacks are working on him right now? The only other people who may know who he/she/it looks like will be Hasbro. Remember when they stated Aura sing would be a significant villian in EP2? One of the best looking characters Lucas could have used got thrown from any visualisation EP2 turned out to be. Way back in 1999 when i saw the teaser of PM, i will never forget the first glimspe of Darth Maul. It blew me away. I guess my point is George Lucas has got to keep Grevious under whatever secrets act LFL has to secure a 'suprise' for fans. After all it's only my opinion. :)

Beast
02-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Darkness, he's going to be revealed very soon. Cause he's in the last episode (or episodes) of the Clone Wars animated series. And also, Amazon was ordered to pull down the image. As it wasn't supposed to be revealed yet. And the synopsis for the character, fits what's known about him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

angellus
02-12-2004, 04:32 PM
It may just be my personal dislike of the prequels talking, but am I the only one who thinks "General Grievious" is the most lame name going? It's got all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Why not really slam us over the head with it and call him General Kills People. Or Darth Evil, there's a good one. General Grievious. Come on! Too bad Lucas can't computer generate an original name!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2004, 05:50 PM
It's not like the other characters don't have weird or obvious names - Darth Tyranus (look, it's a dinosaur!), Darth Sidious (sounds like insidious), Darth Maul (to rip apart or destroy). And that's just the bad guys! So it's not that bad. Not like Toonbuck Toora or something!

And Durge (the poster, even though that too is a fine example of a weird name), I just think he's weird. I don't totally hate him. I think I was unsure about an old man being the chief bad guy in Episode II, but Dooku rocks. I wonder if Grevious and Sidious will be the only bad guys (with Dooku at the beginning and Vader at the end), or will there be another? I can't tell if Grevious is supposed to be like Jango or Dooku. I guess we'll see.

-Durge-
02-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Its him......and he looks awesome!!!!!!!

mabudonicus
02-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Well, I thought the name was silly when I heard it, gave me that "jar jar binks" kinda sinking feeling..
The pic?? Well, he looks like a bad guy from Reboot or some such thing, really REALLY silly looking..... wonder if he's got one of those goofy new england/british/hollywood style accents like calypso from twisted metal to go along with the look....
Looks like someone tried to take what they thought was cool about aurra sing (UGH) thrawn and the terminator and drew this guy. Lucas will approve anything these days...

Oh, and to any "doubters" about facts for the movie- C'MON!!! LOTS of it is already shot, no doubt some of the sequences are almost finished, and if hasbro isn't at some stage of production on at least the first couple waves, there'll be no "preview" figs or any toys til cx-mas 2005, not too likely if the last 2 PT films are any indication :D

Oh, anyone else get the impression that the OTC falcon may be some sort of mini-spoiler... could we see the falcon in a bit of action, firing weapons yet unseen in the films?? The thought crossed my mind, like the new slave 1 from clones...

Oh, and the name is pretty silly, at least GL didn't go "goth" and call him something real silly like Darth Tragic or mebbe Darth Despayre ;)

Pendo
02-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Being spoiler free I don't know anything about the character (I've heard the name pop up quite a few times). He doesn't look how I expected, he actually looks alot better than I thought he would :). Not the best design in the world ever, but still looks kinda cool :).

PENDO!

darthzirock
02-14-2004, 12:01 AM
I haven't been reading these Boba Fett books, although I'm told they're actually pretty good. I think Boba was supposed to be 10 or 11 in AOTC, and these books have been following his growth under the tutelage of Count Dooku. I believe that outfit is supposed to be Boba in a replica of his father's armor that was sized for him. Of course, there's always the possibility that Boba has opted to have his growth accelerated, so he can reach maturity and avenge his father. Hmmm, I guess maybe a trip to the young adult reading room at the public library might be in order, after all!

The 'Xir
02-14-2004, 02:44 AM
This maybe a stupid question, but has anyone read this book? Does it say General Greivious's name within the pages? Does it actually site the guy on the cover as this new character in EpIII? Is it him or isn't it? :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
02-14-2004, 02:55 AM
Well, the book arrives in April...so until then I guess no one will know for sure.

Amazon.com just posted a cover image for Boba Fett #5 by Elizabeth Hand. This issue features the debut of a new Episode 3 bad guy, commonly believed to be General Grievous by spoiler junkies.

Is this the final look of the character, though? Expect this book in April.

On his first big assignment for Jabba the Hutt, Boba must confront a new galactic villain -- a sinister force who will play a significant role in the upcoming film Star Wars: Episode III!

Signs point toward that picture being Grievous, but I do not believe there's been any official word on if it is him or not.

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Try this...!
http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/84.html

The 'Xir
07-08-2004, 04:22 AM
Now I don't belong to Hyperspace so I don't know what has been discussed or what you guys have been discussing, but the more that I see this guy/thing! Doesn't it look like this characters' look was or may have been based on Boba Fett's shoulder Mandalorian death head insignia?

The New Face of Evil (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/grievouscover_unknown.jpg)

Elliejabbapop
07-09-2004, 05:04 AM
I'd rather wait and hear his voice before judging;)