PDA

View Full Version : Customized Hasbro 12" Stormtrooper

bobafrett
02-11-2004, 12:38 PM
I just finished customizing a 12" Hasbro Stormtrooper. I used the following guys website with a photo tutorial on how to go about this:

Oh, you do have to go about 3/4 the way down the page to find the 12" Sandtrooper look-alike. There you will click on the little boxes to get hints on converting your own 12" figure!

http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html

I started by buying a "Dragon Nude" figure on eBay. I tried to find one that looked as close to me as possible. The following link will take you to the pictures of my personal 12" Stormtrooper figure! I love it, as you will see, it is a lot more articulated than the Hasbro version. I never thought I'd find myself doing this to one of my 12inch figures, but it was a lot of fun!

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=170990

What do you think?

bobafett07728
02-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Great job! The figure looks sweet! Definitely an improvement over the Hasblah release.

bobafrett
02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Great job! The figure looks sweet! Definitely an improvement over the Hasblah release.

Yeah, I was never happy with how bulky looking the armor was on the Hasbro Stormtroopers. One problem is they used a rather bulky body under the armor. A little snip, and a little glue and your good to go!

Exhaust Port
02-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Nice work Bobafrett. With the posability of the dragon figure, does the ST stand more easily? I always have the problem of my tipping most likely due to the boots.

bobafrett
02-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Nice work Bobafrett. With the posability of the dragon figure, does the ST stand more easily? I always have the problem of my tipping most likely due to the boots.

Thanks! Getting the figure to stand is slightly easier than the old Hasbro body, since the dragon figure has mobility in the ankles. The rubber boots do still make it tough to get some poses. Though with the extra articulation in the knees, elbows and wrists, you can get a lot more realistic pose than the very limited ones from the Hasbro 12" figure. The armor limits some of the movement too. I''m going to take a few more pictures when I get home tonight to show just how flexble this figure is though, even in armor. I love it, I'm really happy I came across the tutorial.
:D

bobafrett
02-12-2004, 09:45 AM
A few new pictures added showing some of the flexibility. Just click on the 2nd link up in my first post. The new pictures are at the bottom. If you want to make one for yourself, be sure to check out the other link with the tutorial!

Kidhuman
02-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Very nice Bobafrett. A wonderful job