PDA

View Full Version : Original Trilogy Collection Logo!!

Beast
02-12-2004, 06:08 AM
This image turned up over at Scum, and appears to be the promotional logo for the upcoming 'OTC' toy line. Looks pretty cool, and very classic looking. Hopefully we'll get a full reveal of the series at Toy Fair. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Very cool Logo. Very reminiscent of the OTcards.

DarthQuack
02-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Sweet...Looks pretty good.

-Matt

Darth Trymybestus
02-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Pretty damn cool.

So is this only a short line of figures? Only a few waves? Or will this be the line that carries the Old Trilogy figures from now till Episode III and the SAGA line handles the prequel trilogy?

Darkness Shroud
02-12-2004, 02:07 PM
I really like the logo. It would be really cool to have the figures on cards reminiscent of the vintage carded figures.:D

bobafrett
02-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I really like the logo. It would be really cool to have the figures on cards reminiscent of the vintage carded figures.:D

I believe that's the logo that will be used with the upcoming OT release of figures. Very cool indeed!

angellus
02-12-2004, 04:19 PM
They should print the figure names on name plates that look like the vintage cards, too. Larger, vintage-style pictures on the packages would also be neat, but the figures come in such dynamic poses and with so many accessories that I don't think that's possible.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2004, 05:20 PM
That logo is kickin'. Looks like the old stuff, but a little updated. Will these be on the actual cards, in place of a regular Star Wars title like on the Saga figures? Or maybe just a promotion thing? Because on the Falcon pic, it just said Star Wars. I hope this is the main name on the card. :)

Darth Kirk
02-15-2004, 12:52 AM
That logo is very reminiscent of the olden times when one could go out and buy their very own Yoda underoos..

bigbarada
02-15-2004, 03:30 PM
"I picked a bad year to quit buying Star Wars figures."

Actually, how can I quit collecting when this new stuff looks so darn cool?

Vintage-style packaging?
Soft Goods cloaks and capes?
Neutral poses with lots of articulation?

It's like Hasbro tapped directly into my brain and pulled out all of the ideas that I have been wishing for since 1995!!

Maybe I should say, "I picked a GREAT year to start collecting Star Wars figures all-over again!!!" :cool:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
After thinking it over, I'd rather they kept the huge "Star Wars" logo at the top and maybe added this on the insert.

What I'd REALLY like is if they someday reuse this same idea for something for all six movies . . . maybe The Saga Collection? Dunno, I kinda like it.