PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Star Wars Characters (8x10s)

bobafett07728
02-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone! Does anyone know of a place that has 8x10's of Star Wars characters, or will I be better off making them myself. I'm looking to start "beefing" up my autograph collection, and figured 8x10's was the way to go. I currently havae a few figures signed, but they aren't easy to store/display, and adding anymore will take up too much space. I figured with 8x10's I can keep them in a book, or even frame a couple. Anybody have some ideas?

bobafrett
02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone! Does anyone know of a place that has 8x10's of Star Wars characters, or will I be better off making them myself. I'm looking to start "beefing" up my autograph collection, and figured 8x10's was the way to go. I currently havae a few figures signed, but they aren't easy to store/display, and adding anymore will take up too much space. I figured with 8x10's I can keep them in a book, or even frame a couple. Anybody have some ideas?

Hey, I have about 15 different autographs, all but 1 of them I bought at the conventions where SW celebrities are signing them. They usually have an assortment of pictures on the table. I find this better than buying a picture of Mark Hamill, who I have yet to see at a convention, and never getting that signature. When I got Carrie Fishers autograph, I was going to get a picture of her in the ROTJ bikini, but when I got to the table, I found a picture of her in her white Bepsin clothes, and a Stormtrooper standing gaurd. I was wearing my trooper armor, and she signed "For Barry" with an arrow pointing toward me, the "Carrie Fisher" with an arrow pointing toward her. The only autograph I got without meeting the man in person was James Earl Jones, but I sent him a birthday card last year, and he mailed me an autographed picture (of his face, not anything SW) which was fine by me.

bobafett07728
02-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks. I do remember when I got my figures signed, they had a decent assortment of photos available. I remember Jeremy Bulloch had a sweet picture of him in his Imperial Officer uniform. I was planning on sending a few photos out to get signed, and would need a photo before hand. I've been to a couple of the actor's websites (Peter Mayhew, for example), and they say they'll sign your item (for a fee), now I just need to get a couple pics.

Thanks again!

bobafrett
02-12-2004, 03:02 PM
I have seen actors photos in the 8 X 10 format on eBay from time to time. I also have a bunch of 8 X 10's from my membvership kit in the old Star Wars fan club. The cool thing I like is I got a bunch of my Autographs at CII, and they have marked on the Star Wars Celebration II, so I can remember where I got them signed. I find it much more exciting getting to meet the actors in person. I even got to chat with Dave Prowse for a few minutes at the Wizard World here in Chicago a couple years back. You could also get some autographs on eBay, but buyer beware in those auctions.

bobafett07728
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I find it much more exciting getting to meet the actors in person.

I agree with you 100%. But there are few options for meeting the Star Wars actors around me. I picked up a few at Wizard World Philly, and I'm looking forward to meeting some at Celebration III. I'm simply trying to limit my "line-waiting" at Celebration by using a few of the actor's on-line options.

I would never buy an autograph from ebay. Its not that I don't trust the sellers, but forgeries are rampant (check out Anthony Daniels site for some good info.) Plus, I appreciate the signature more if it was done "for me", like at a convention. It's a little cheesy, but it means more.

Jayspawn
02-19-2004, 10:15 PM
You're in luck bobafett07728, I happen to be an expert on 8x10s. I great place to get them is Allposters.com. They have great prices on Star Wars posters and 8x10s. They cost around $4.99 which is about what your would pay for them at a con.

2-1B
02-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Well, well, well, what a GLORIOUS thread as I am a HUGE collector of Star Wars autographs. :D

I have many in persons which I bought and many through the mail with a boatload of more attempts which I just sent out in the past few weeks.

Hey, you want to buy some 8x10s ?

Go to

www.photoclassics.com and just enter Star Wars. You'll fine a great assortment.

I bought 8 pics from there last week and I'm VERY pleased. 7 color pics for $4.50 each.

Also, I bought a b&w of Boba Fett with the Carbonite and Bespin Guards - that one was $3.

They have so many cool pics, I had to really refine my wish list. :D

Good luck, let me know if you need any help with some addresses. :)

2-1B
02-20-2004, 03:32 AM
Here are a few scans, if interested. :)

First is a pic of Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa - I sent a letter and SASE requesting a pic from Star Wars and this is what I got. It is an 8x10, I just scanned it small. :)

Second is a pic of Frank Oz - I sent a letter and SASE and got this pic from him. :)

Third is a card which I sent to Frank Oz a few months later. I actually sent 2 and got both back: one from AOTC and this vintage card from ESB. :)

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Pretty sweet Caesar, where do you get the addresses from?

bobafrett
02-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I know when I sent James Earl Jones a birthday card, I got the address from an announcement here on SSG. He was kind enough to send me his autograph.

2-1B
02-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Pretty sweet Caesar, where do you get the addresses from?

I'm a member at an autograph collector forum/website which has proved invaluable. :D However, they made it a subscription site as of last Fall so you have to pay to use it. At first I was bummed out . . . but now I'm pleased because by charging a subscription, hopefully it is keeping more riffraff out of the place. I mean, I don't need some loser posting fake address and fake results or any other riff raff. :rolleyes:
Besides, I made enough test results and scans that they keep giving me free bonus extensions - so I have yet to pay for it. :crazed:

it's called www.stararchive.com :)

Kidhuman
02-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Well then, how about just hookin a brother up with some addy's????

2-1B
02-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Who do you want ?

I can tell you who I have pending and then we can go from there if you want. :)

Kidhuman
02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
I will PM you a list and go from there.

2-1B
02-22-2004, 12:07 AM
I sent 3 Insider pics to "Mara Jade" and she was gracious enough to sign them for me. :)
She also kindly included a non-SW signed pic of her as a model.

bobafrett
02-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Caesar, how do you know if they were signed by the celebs you sent them to, and not some assistant? I'm new to the whole autograph collecting scene, and I nearly wet myself when I got my first autograph from Dave Prowse at Wizard World in Chicago. There wasn't anyone in line, so I got to chat with him about his role in the movie "A Clockwork Orange". Anyway, cool collection of Mara Jade autographs!

2-1B
02-22-2004, 12:40 AM
That's the thing about sending through the mail . . . you can't be 100% certain. :D

With Mara Jade, it matches perfectly with what my friend got in person last year. Frank Oz is pretty reputable for signing and it matches his Topps autogaph cards.

James Earl Jones is quoted in the ESB 20th anniversary Insider as saying that he answers his own fan mail.

So of course, I can't say with absolute certainty that my through the mail successes are authentic. Then again, in the event that one IS fake, well it's not like I'm spending much money on this. 60 cent stamp there and another one on my SASE.

Well, when I send to England it's a bit more but not much.

2-1B
02-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Speaking of James Earl jones, here is the pic I got. Nice headshot. :)

Another GREAT success I had was Mike Quinn who played Nien Nunb. :D
I sent him an email through his website and this guy replied with a nice note and then went ahead and mailed me an AWESOME signed 8x10 of Nunb. I'll scan it right now.

Check it out . . .

2-1B
02-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I hope this John Williams pic is real . . . I think it is. I recently sent a full page ad for the AOTC soundtrack: the one with the pic of Yoda and the title "Jedi Master" next to the pic of Johnny Williams and the title "Jedi Maestro." :crazed:

bobafrett
02-22-2004, 10:42 PM
A group of the Stormtroopers I suit up with, got to attend his concert here in Chicago. One of them got to go down and be in the same room with Mr. Williams, and managed to get his autograph. Today we payed the man who got my fellow trooper down to get John's autograph, back, by attending his kids birthday party. Little brats, I was in my Tusken robes.

2-1B
02-22-2004, 10:59 PM
You guys rock for doing b-day parties.

I wish I had costumed people at MY parties as a kid ! :D

If you ever get a chance to look at your partner's JW autograph, do me a favor and compare it to the scan I posted (so I know if it's authentic). ;)

bobafrett
02-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Not a problem Caesar, I think he has a picture of it posted somewhere, I just need to find out where it is. He has a poster with a lot of the OT autographs on it. He has started a new poster for the PT autographs.

As far as birthdays go, this was one of the worst behaved bunch of kids, but most of the Birthday parties I have been to, the kids have all been really well mannered.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Who doesnt want costumed SW characters at thier B-day. Mine is in June Bobafrett. Leave the date open. :D

bobafett07728
02-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Wow! I'm away from the computer for a few days, and look what I miss!

Caesar - your information has been invaluable. That site is exactly what I was looking for. I used stararchive to get a few sports auto's, but stopped going when they had the subscription fee. Do they have alot of Star Wars addresses? Do you think it would be worth it for me to subscribe? I did find a few Star Wars autograph sites, and some of those have addresses.

Thanks again for the information, and once I decide where I want to begin. . . maybe I'll pm you for some addy's. ;)

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 10:53 AM
PM me some addy's too.

bobafrett
02-23-2004, 11:14 PM
If you ever get a chance to look at your partner's JW autograph, do me a favor and compare it to the scan I posted (so I know if it's authentic). ;)

Okay, here is the picture that he had taken of the JW autograph.

bobafrett
02-23-2004, 11:18 PM
I must say after comparing the two autographs side by side, I'd say yours is authentic! Very Cool!

2-1B
02-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Works for me ! :D

Thanks for the help, bobafrett. :)

And thanks to bobafett07728 for directing me to a website which has some SW addresses I was unaware of. www.wattographs.com
Too bad to see that the actor who played Dengar is deceased. :(

07728 and kidhuman, I haven't forgotten to PM you both - I'll be back soon . . .

bobafett07728
02-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Too bad to see that the actor who played Dengar is deceased. :(

I was bummed about that as well. They had an article on Bounty Hunters in Insider some time ago. They mentioned that he had passed, but couldn't gather much information about him. They speculated that he may have been a boxer, but couldn't confirm it.

Also, no one has seems to have dug-up any info on the actress who played Zuckuss. There was a name listed, but the insider article couldn't come up with anything more. Most of the sites I've searched either don't list her, or have no information.

There is also alot of specualtion as to who was behind IG-88, puppeteer/designer, etc. There is a name listed (Paul Klein, if I remember correctly), but many believe that it was a fake name. His name also appears in the credits for EV-9D9, and another ROTJ droid.

Looking at these sites, I was amazed at how many background characters (who until Decipher came along didn't even have names!!), have an actor/actress credited. It was also neat to see how many played multiple roles, and the amount of ILM staff that ended up behind the masks of creatures they created. Very interesting stuff, indeed.

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 11:25 PM
The only autograph I gopt is this one, from David Bowers(Mas Amedda). A fellow forumite sent it to me when I bought some stuff off of him.

2-1B
02-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Nice card KH, I have 8 auto cards from that set (my favorites being Jar Jar and Dex). :)

Well, I got 2 successes in the mail today from the UK.

First is a pic I printed of the Stormie who bumps his head (thanks to JJB and stilla for the help) and the guy who allegedly played him sent it back signed. Too funny. :D

Second is a pic I tore out of the Insider. I didn't have a nice pic of Terence Stamp so I used this book ad because it has his pic. It's not personalized but it is hand signed . . . I'm skeptical as to the authenticity because I got it back really fast.
However, it does match all the other scans I can find and I think that if it was secretarial, the person signing would have personalized it like I asked in my letter.

So I can't say for certain that my Stamp is authentic but I don't know for sure that it's fake, either. :D

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Pretty sweet. You should hook Chux up with Terrence's addy so he can get a Zod pic signed

Btw Caesar, I just checked Ebay for Terrance Stamp and got these two (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=terrance+stamp&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=) . One looks like it and the other looks like a joke.

2-1B
02-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the links . . . eBay is a mess when it comes to autographs. :rolleyes:
The only way I would EVER buy anythng signed on eBay is in the area of signed insert cards from Topps.

2-1B
02-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Less than 3 weeks ago, I sent a letter, SAE, and $2 for postage to UK resident Mr. Ian Liston who played "Good Shot" Janson in ESB and (this is news to me) an AT-AT Driver. Today I got not one but two nice 8x10s. Very nice of him to do that ! Here are the pics I received (that orange square on the second scan is a post it note on which he wrote a quick note). :)

bobafrett
02-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Very cool Caesar, any chance you could PM me his addy? Thanks.

Kidhuman
02-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Nice Ceaser. How many do you have?

Also, has anyone getten Treat Williams autograph? He played a Bespin Guard in ESB.

bobafett07728
03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
I sent out my first batch of requests this morning. I will keep everyone posted on my success! This thread has turned out to be more help than I had expected, and the scans are great!

Awesome new sigs Caesar! Ian Liston sounds like a great guy, I'm going to check out his site later on today!

The Jenson brothers (Saesee Tinn & Kit Fisto) are attending a Sci-Fi convention in Secaucus, NJ in the upcoming weeks. I'm looking forward to acquiring those two autographs there.

Hopefully, in a few weeks I'll have some scans to share with everyone!

2-1B
03-01-2004, 05:00 PM
KH - not sure on a total count . . . it is pretty high if I count the Topps auto cards I have. Let me tally that number up some day.
Treat Williams ? Good call, I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

BF07 - Good luck to you in your efforts. :) The Jenson Boys are a pair of nice guys and I'm sorry to say I only got Kit's autograph in Chicago last year. I should have gotten Saesae but I was overwhelmed by the money I spent that day. :crazed:

I got a new success today. I already got that JEJ headshot last summer so a month ago I mailed out my 8x10 of Vader's ESB silhouette. I got it back today signed and inscribed. :)

2-1B
03-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I got another one today but it's not the greatest. I had a hell of a time finding a good pic of Paul Brooke as the Rancor Keeper. So I finally settled on enlarging the pic from my daily calendar and blowing it up with less than stellar resolution. Well, it was good enough so I sent it off to get signed. He was very kind to sign it (but it's signed in pen - I mean, come on. How about a marker? :) ). Regardless, he signed it which I greatly appreciate but in transit the envelope got wet and part of the pic got ruined. Still, I'm pleased. :)

I'll add a scan later - it keeps saying the server is busy. :mad:

Jayspawn
03-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Those are some awesome autographs! Congrats to those who got them. Peter Mayhew is doing an appearance at a con in town where I live next month. Unfortunatly hge will be the only Star Wars Guest because the people who organize the cons around here are cheap.

A buddy of mine who lives in LA is going to a signing at a comic book shop where Daniel Logan and Ray Park will apparently be. So Im gonna trade him an extra Mayhew for a Logan.

2-1B
03-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Good luck Jayspawn - I don't have Logan yet but I'm sure he'll make an appearance around here someday.

I didn't get any performers today but I did get a nice success from author Terry Brooks, who did the novelization of TPM.

I didn't want to send my book jacket so I sent an ad from SWInsider. It looks really nice signed in silver. On top of that, he included a signed TPM bookmark and also a promo for his other works and it has a small picture of him on it. That particular item is personalized to me.

I was so pumped up last summer expecting to get R.A. Salvatore to sign a copy of the cover for AOTC at WizardWorld but I got there and found out he had a change in schedule. Hopefully I'll get him this year or soon after.

Anyway here is the stuff I got from Terry Brooks:

2-1B
03-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I bought a b/w pic of Boba with Carbonite from Photoclassics. It's a great 8x10 but I didn't want to risk losing it in the mail . . . so I scanned it and made a below average copy of it. Anyway I sent it one week ago to Jason Wingreen, the actor who did Boba's voice, and got it back today. :)

bobafett07728
03-09-2004, 12:22 PM
I sent my first 8x10 overseas this morning. It is a picture of Senator Palpatine addressing the Senate. I do have a question. I included a self-addressed envelope, and $2 to cover shipping (that seems to be what everyone is doing.) However, when I went to the Post Office, they charged me $4 to ship it. All of the other mailings (same size, but to US addresses) were $1.29, is it really that much more? Now I am worried that I didn't include enought money for return postage. Should I worry, or is it possible that the Post Office clerk sent the envelope a way that wasn't cost effective? It didn't really dawn on me until afterwards. What do you think? How much does it usually cost you to send a 8x10 to England?

I can't wait to post some success pics!!!!

2-1B
03-09-2004, 01:11 PM
$4 seems absurd to me. How heavy was it ?

Here's what I do:

I put $1.20 (two 60 cent stamps) on my outgoing 9x12 to England and I drop it into a blue mailbox. I have no idea if I am underposting it but I've gotten several back from the UK already. Not once did I get one returned to me for insufficient postage.
I don't know the exchange rate but I'm sure $2 is more than enough to cover it coming back to the U.S.

Good luck. :)

bobafett07728
03-09-2004, 02:16 PM
It was 4oz, the same weight as the US mailings. Looking at my receipt, I see that the US addresses were sent First-Class, and the England address was sent "Air Letter-Post," which has a base rate of $4. I'll have to make sure I ask for simple "First Class" next time I ship to England. I'm glad I got a receipt, or I would have never known. You'd think he would have given me some options with the envelope, rather than just ship it the way he thought best. I'll have to keep my eyes open next time. Thanks.

2-1B
03-11-2004, 01:29 AM
I got my Insider pic back from Caroline Blakiston signed and inscribed. :) Check out the pic, I like the comment she wrote under the quote. :D

boba07, I'm attaching a second pic, this one is a scan of the postage on my SASE. It's got 2 UK stamps and I'm not sure how much it adds up to . . . but I'm telling ya, this is probably my 5th or 6th UK success and the $2 I send seems to be more than enough to get the job done. :)
Once again, I sent this photo and SASE in an envelope with only $1.20 on it . . .

bobafett07728
03-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the scan Ceasar. . . it was obviously a combination of the Post Office Clerk not asking me, and me not paying attention. I'll know better next time. At least I'm reassured that I "should" get my photo back.

That Mon Mothma is great! I love when the celeb adds stuff like that to the signature. It shows how much they enjoy the fans. Really great!

Every day I grow more in awe of your collection. . .

bobafett07728
03-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Well. . . well. . . well. . .

Saturday was a good day for me. As I stated in a previous post, I was going to go to a show that was attended by Zach & Jesse Jenson (Kit Fisto & Saesee Tinn.) I met both, and had a great conversation with each of them. REALLY cool, and down to Earth guys. They each signed a photo for me, so my photo collection "officially" began!!!!!!!! I was upset to hear that neither of them continued their role in Episode III. They said that the characters are in the movie, but neither of them played the role. Sort of a bummer.

I also got comic artist Rich Buckler to sign the SW Galaxy II card that he did. That was pretty cool.

When I arrived home, I was happy to find my first through-the-mail success!!!!! Jimmy Smits!!! WooHOOO!!!!! He signed a photo of Bail Organa, and it looks pretty good. I've attached scans of all my new acquisitions!!!!

Thanks Caesar for the address, and for getting me started!!!!!

2-1B
03-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Boba - congrats! My pleasure on the address. :)
I have a whole slew of in person autographs which I am not scanning here, just the mail attempts . . . so if you ever need comparison scans, let me know.

The Jensen Bros. are indeed very sweet guys. :)

FYI - I may have misinformed you regarding UK shipping rates . . . I got into a discussion of it on another website and it seems as though I have been under-stamping as it concerns sending to the UK. Well, so far nothing has been returned for lack of postage and I've been getting many successes back so I'm just lucky with the mailbox I drop them in (I guess). Just letting you know because I'd hate for you to get one back insufficient postage on account of me. :D

Well, in the past week I got a handful of successes in the mail. Here's what I got:

Brian Blessed, I sent a pic of Boss Nass and got it back personalized. He also honored my request of sending a signed photo of himself as well. And then he sent my letter back with a nice note thanking me for writing.

Kenneth Colley, I sent a pic of Admiral Piett and he signed it.

Doug Chiang, at first I thought that I blew this one because I never thought to scan an Insider pic . . . so I just borrowed the image from SW.com and sent that. Well you know what? It turned out to be for the best because he signed it to me and because of the white background, he was able to draw a little battle droid on it. How cool is that ? :D
I got the address from his website.

Jayspawn
03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Congratulations Caesar! Those are some awesome scores! That one od Doug Chiang is very cool!

bobafett07728
03-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Doug Chiang is AWESOME! How cool is that?!?!?!? I wanted to track down a picture of him as a flag bearer in Episode I, but it is proving difficult. I thought that the Insider had various 'cameo' pictures in one of there issues, but I can't seem to find it. Anywhooooooo. . . that signature is SWEET!!!!!

Jayspawn
03-17-2004, 06:17 PM
I sent off a letter & picture to Bill Hootkins today, lets see if I get a response.

I'm trying to track down a picture of Chewbacca for Peter Mayhew for next month's con.

bobafrett
03-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Nice set of pictures with the John Hancocks of the actors Caesar! Thanks for PMing me the address last week. I've had a very busy week, not much time to visit this place much anymore.

bobafett07728
03-18-2004, 10:39 AM
I sent off a letter & picture to Bill Hootkins today, lets see if I get a response.

I'm trying to track down a picture of Chewbacca for Peter Mayhew for next month's con.

Good luck with Porkins! Be sure to post your success!! I'm getting ready to send out a couple Rebel Pilots myself, Mr. Hootkins included. As far as Peter Mayhew, if I remember correctly, he brings about 8 different Chewbacca photos with him. Can't remember what they were exactly, but if you can't find something before then. . . rest assured he's got your back. I've been trying to track down a pick of him with his arms behind his head at the Dejarik Table, I think that would be sweet!

2-1B
03-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Today I got my Insider photo back signed and personalized by Michael Sheard aka Admiral Ozzel.

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Very cool Caesar.

I found a bunch of old ESB Topps photos the opther night. Got one with Luke, 3PO and R2 and Vader. The rest were of battle scenes. Hopefully I can get those done at C3 or by asking.

2-1B
03-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I think I mentioned a few pages back that I bought a great 8x10 of Bossk from PhotoClassics . . . well get this, I didn't want to risk losing it in the mail so I made a full scan copy and of course the quality was very amateur but still do-able.

So I sent that off to Alan Harris, the guy who played Bossk, and I got a reply today after about a month.

First of all he returned the cash I sent for postage - so that was very generous of him.

Then he threw out my crappy copy pic and replaced it with a GLOSSY version of his own, the same one I bought and scanned. He personalized that with a great inscription and sig. THEN he wrote a nice note on my letter and said that he included a pic of the whole cast of ESB Bounty Hunters. Are you kidding me ? What a generous thing to do for me . . . no kidding, the pic measures an odd 8x12 but it contains a panoramic shot of all 6 of them. I scanned it but I lost 1 inch on the left hand side because it's too long. When you look at the scan, just imagine Dengar in the pic because he really is there ! ! !

bobafett07728
03-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Very nice! That shot of the bounty hunters is ultra cool! That would look pretty nice with the other actor's sigs (minus Dengar), as well. That would be a challenging project to track them all down, but well worth it!

2-1B
03-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Today I got Oliver Ford Davies aka Sio Bibble.
I'm not sure how good the autograph will look in the scan but in person its really nice - very thin and in gold ink.

2-1B
04-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Denis "Wedge" Lawson apparantly has an axe to grind over Star Wars so he refuses to sign SW items . . . however he does send out signed regular photos and I got one today. It's a small pic (about 3x5) so I'll just get a nice 8x10 from the Trilogy and use this small pic as an inset. :)

bobafett07728
04-05-2004, 10:36 AM
That Sio Bibble is nice! I sent out the same pic, so I can't wait to recieve mine!! Stinks that "Wedge" won't sign SW. Maybe its a through-the-mail thing, because I believe I saw him do a few shows recently. Oh well, at least he sent you something!

Jayspawn
04-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Sorry I dont have a scan yet, but my friend sent me an 8x10 of Daniel Logan in AOTC, it says.."To Jay, you would be a great Clone! Daniel Logan"

Its the photo of Boba holding Jango's helmet. My buddy said he had a real thick accent and could not understand him too well.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-13-2004, 11:48 PM
I got my Insider pic back from Caroline Blakiston signed and inscribed. :) Check out the pic, I like the comment she wrote under the quote. :D

Caesar, that's my FAVORITE one...I remember reading that interview in insider and she seemed like such a great person...well, that autograph and great comment seems to back that up, that is REALLY funny.

I bet she'd be a crack up to sit around with, sipping/downing wine (moving on to vodka or saki later) smoke cigarettes and shooting the s**t!!

I have a mini-vacation coming up, I'll scan my autographs that I have and post them. One was sent to me, thanks to a wonderful friend here on the boards. ;)

bobafett07728
04-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Heading to a Sci-Fi show this weekend. Hoping to meet Jeremy Bulloch, Michael Sheard, Ken Colley, Mike Quinn, and Shannon Baksa-McRandle (a SW comic artist is also going to be there.) I already have a figure signed by Bulloch, but I'm looking to get a nice shot of Fett, and maybe a shot of him as the Imperial Officer. Mark Hamill is going to be there too, but. . .
1. He's only there Sunday.
2. You have to buy a seperate ticket package (more $$$$) just to hear him speak
3. A limited amount of SW photos will be available for Mark to personalize, and sign. . . at $100
So. . . I have concluded that getting Hamill isn't really worth it. I'd rather go Saturday anyway, and all the extra $$ I'd have to shell out isn't really justifiable. I'll be happy with the actors I'll meet on Saturday afternoon. I do have a question for all those collectors out there, though:

Is getting Hamill ALWAYS this difficult (and expensive)? The most I've ever seen a SW actor charge is $25 (David Prowse), with most of them ranging from $15-$20. Are there anymore actors ouot there I should "prepare" myself for the shock of?

bobafrett
04-14-2004, 12:35 PM
I bought a picture, and had it signed by Dave Prowse, but the whole thing cost me $35. I didn't mind though, because it had Mr. Prowse in the Darth Vader costume, with his helmet off, and a Death Star corridor behind him, and the photo was larger than the 8 X 10's they had on the table. Plus I was able to talk to him for a bit, and when I brought up the film "A Clockwork Orange" he was all to happy to talk to me about that film. I had it framed at a custom frame shop, and the frame cost more than the picture, but it is one of my favorites.

bobafett07728
04-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Plus I was able to talk to him for a bit, and when I brought up the film "A Clockwork Orange" he was all to happy to talk to me about that film.

That's another thing. From what I have read about the show's Mark Hamill guidelines, they don't want you talking to him, and you can only have a picture taken by their camera. That's one of the things I look forward to when meeting them. Short conversation, and maybe a pic. Makes the amount they charge for Hamill even more ridiculous. :rolleyes:

2-1B
04-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Deo,
I bet Caroline would be cool to chat with as well. I'm glad I was able to get her for free through the mail. I mean, I don't mind paying some money in person because as was stated by Boba07, we get to say hello, take a picture, and exchange a few words. She seems to make SOME appearances in the States but I've never seen her listed at any shows within my 3 hour radius - so this is the next best thing.

Boba07, I hope you have a fun time at the show and I really hope you just take the $100 Hamill wants and enjoy yourself with that money.
I've read that he can be really tough to get in person following his theatrical appearances. He seems to be really cool about signing playbills and stuff related to whatever play he is doing but to get a SW item signed by him can be a real obstacle.

For $100, TFN will sell you a signed 8x10 of Mark Hammill, Samuel L. Jackson, or Christopher Lee. Wait, maybe those are down to $90 but either way, it's too much.

Jayspawn
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
$100 is too much for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. I paid $40 for my Carrie Fisher which is more like it and I'm very pleased. Now I'd say that $100 is worth it for Christopher Lee becuase he's sort of a legend and all.

I just got back form a convention this last weekend adding about 5 signed photos to my collection including Lance Henrikson (Aliens), Dominic Keating (Star Trek: Enterprise), Leonard Nimoy, Sean Astin (LOTR) & Peter Mayhew!

Details: Lance Henrikson was very cool. I went to his presentation on AVP and he did a brief signing afterwards. The line was HUGE -tons of Aliens fans w/ posters, photos and DVDs. He was wearing an AVP hat so you couldnt see his cool hair, but he shaved it because his hair is dyed in every movie and he said it was flamable. I took a picture with him- he was very cool! Dominic Keating was nice -very personable. He didnt mind taking pictures or shaking hands. He had on a cool sweater and we talked about that. The Leonard Nimoy autograph I got from a dealer (Leonard was not there) We was selling them for $80-90 a pop but I found one from Trek 6 that didnt have a price. I asked the dealer and he told me to make him an offer. I thought he was joking so I said "$35" and he took it. WOW! So I lucked out! Sean Astin had a very long line of course, when I got up to him eventually, he signed some photos of Sam and we talked briefly. He was very friendly and fourthcoming. There were lots of kids which he talked to -asked them questions- took pictures with them. Peter Mayhew was the Best! The 1st day he wasnt too talkative but the following day I ran into him and we talked for a half an hour about Star Wars, George, Harrison, acting and returning for Episode III. He had a good show, answered lots of questions and said some interesting things about Star Wars.

2-1B
05-17-2004, 01:23 PM
I recently mailed an Insider pic of Pernilla August to Sweden and today I got it back signed and personalized. Nice success. :)

bobafett07728
05-17-2004, 01:26 PM
This past Thursday I received a response from Shannon McRandle aka Mara Jade. It was an ultra quick response, a little over a week. I sent a picture of her as "Emperer's Hand", and one of her as "Arrica" in Jabba's Palace. Both pictures were blow-ups of the ones on the CCG cards. She signed both photos "Shannon McRandle", which was great!! She also wrote me a short letter in response to a few questions I had asked. However, in the letter she stated that the photo's I sent were illegal, and that she would only sign them with her name (which was fine by me.) She told me to be careful with Lucasfilm, as they are sticklers for this, and I truely appreciate her taking the time out to share this with me. Has anyone else received such letters?

I could see how it is illegal to print up 8x10's of Star Wars characters and sell them, but is it also illegal just to print them for yourself? I'm a little confused about this. Is this a fine line that is constantly crossed, and not enforced? Are all the photo's I have illegal? Should I even bother sending them out? I have since paused my mailings until I here what a few of you have to say about this. What do you think?

stillakid
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
This past Thursday I received a response from Shannon McRandle aka Mara Jade. It was an ultra quick response, a little over a week. I sent a picture of her as "Emperer's Hand", and one of her as "Arrica" in Jabba's Palace. Both pictures were blow-ups of the ones on the CCG cards. She signed both photos "Shannon McRandle", which was great!! She also wrote me a short letter in response to a few questions I had asked. However, in the letter she stated that the photo's I sent were illegal, and that she would only sign them with her name (which was fine by me.) She told me to be careful with Lucasfilm, as they are sticklers for this, and I truely appreciate her taking the time out to share this with me. Has anyone else received such letters?

I could see how it is illegal to print up 8x10's of Star Wars characters and sell them, but is it also illegal just to print them for yourself? I'm a little confused about this. Is this a fine line that is constantly crossed, and not enforced? Are all the photo's I have illegal? Should I even bother sending them out? I have since paused my mailings until I here what a few of you have to say about this. What do you think?

I'm not a lawyer by any stretch, but I think that there are two issues that apply here. The first is that the original photo is copyrighted to Lucasfilm. "Fair use" probably applies in this case, however the legal department most likely frowns on your duplication of the photo because of the second issue which involves reselling. Essentially, you bought the first photo (on a card) for which everyone received payment for. However, then you copied the photo, enhanced the value of it, and have the potential to make money from what is still someone else's copyrighted property. With just one of each photo per actor in your possession, I don't suspect that Lucasfilm would hang you, but they wouldn't be beyond firing a shot across your bow just in case you ever had allusions of mass producing your product for later resale.

Just my thoughts. Any others?

bobafett07728
05-17-2004, 01:55 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. If anyone ever tries to mass-produce Lucasfilm (or anyone else for that matter) photos, they are quickly notified to cease. If they don't stop, a lawsuit follows. It's not as difficult for the main characters, but many other characters are difficult to find pics of. You have to resort to finding an image, and blowing it up to suit your needs. Now I'm a little wary of sending anything at all.

2-1B
05-18-2004, 01:55 AM
I think stillakid's assessment is probably very accurate.
However, as long as you are just doing this for yourself, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I guess I've violated all kinds of copyright laws or whatever in my collecting . . . for example, I took a few X2 movie cards, blew them up to 8x10s, and sent them to Canada to get Shawm Ashmore (Iceman)'s autograph and I had no problem.

I took a WOTC card of Queen Jamillia and blew that one up since I couldn't find anything better. That, however, seems to be stuck in mail limbo.

Well, if nothing else, I'd say that the rather poor quality of my homemade photos is a sign that I am not in this for any value or any intent to make money off of LFL's property.

2-1B
08-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Heh, it's been so long since I got a SW autograph success through the mail so I had to fall back on Clive Revill again. :D

I already got a great 8x10 headshot of him awhile back but this time I sent a page from the Insider, it's an interview with him and it has small pics of himself and the Emperor which he voiced. I got it back in just over a week. Very kind of him. :)

Here's a scan.

2-1B
08-17-2004, 01:32 AM
I got another John Williams. I didn't NEED another one but I liked this ad for the AOTC soundtrack so I sent it way back in February.

2-1B
01-21-2005, 02:49 PM
John Morton, aka Dak from Empire came through for me today.

I like this pic. I took a shot of an AT-AT and inset 2 photos of Dak in the snowspeeder cockpit.

Jayspawn
01-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Anyone here going to Celebration III ??? I'm busy hunting down 8x10 photos to get signed. Not easy to get. I know they'll have them there but I like to be prepared!

bobafett07728
01-25-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm headed there! I'm not too worried about photos for Celebration, as the ones they had last time were great! I've been trying to get some photos signed BEFORE Celebration to limit my "standing in line." I've gotten a handful of great auto's through the mail, and I'll post them as soon as I regain access to my scanner. Some of my most recent acquisitions were James Earl Jones, "Wes Janson", and Alan Harris (Bossk). If you are trying to get "everyone" I would send Alan something through the mail. He won't fly, and the chances of him being at Celebration III are slim because of that. I usually get my photos from the internet, and then blow them up at a Kinko's. Good luck, and if you need any pointers I'd be glad to give you some!

bobafett07728
01-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Quick question for anyone that attended Celebration II, and got autographs. They have announced that they will be doing "coupon sales" again this year. I understand how it works, I'm just wondering how many of these coupons I'll need to buy. For example. . . how many coupons did Carrie Fisher, and Billy Dee cost last time? I'm just curious as to how many will be "one coupon" stars, and what the highest total of coupons needed will be for one particular signature. If anyone has any insight, or theories. . . I'd love to hear them!

Jayspawn
01-26-2005, 09:37 AM
The place that does my 'local' conventions here on Colorado does the coupon program. Basically its always 1 coupon per person but different coupons costed differently. Example: This last year Peter Mayhew attended -his coupon costed $25. Sean Astin was also there and his coupon costed $35.

I'll assume thats how it'll work at CIII. But I wondered, how did autographs work at Celebration II? How much did they charge?

bobafett07728
01-26-2005, 10:54 AM
From what I can gather from the Celebration website, ALL coupons are $10, however some guest may require more than one coupon for an autograph. I was just curious what to expect the max to be. I'm hoping that there aren't too many that are more than one coupon, and that there are none over three. Call me cheap. . . but I'd like to be able to get one of everyone there. :D

bobafrett
01-26-2005, 12:13 PM
When I attended CII, I bought the book (10 coupons) which was a little cheaper than buying them individually. From what I can remember, all celebs, including Carrie Fisher were one coupon, Carrie just had her own room to sign in.

bobafett07728
01-26-2005, 04:14 PM
When I attended CII, I bought the book (10 coupons) which was a little cheaper than buying them individually. From what I can remember, all celebs, including Carrie Fisher were one coupon, Carrie just had her own room to sign in.

Ooooooh! I can only hope that they are all one coupon each!!!

Jayspawn
01-26-2005, 11:34 PM
I dont know. I think the coupon program is goodbut lets hope Hamill doesnt cost like 10 coupons.

bobafett07728
01-27-2005, 10:04 AM
I dont know. I think the coupon program is goodbut lets hope Hamill doesnt cost like 10 coupons.

Agreed. . . but first lets hope he show's up. ;)

2-1B
03-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Hey, www.officialpix.com is now selling unsigned 8x10s and they have some GREAT shots. :)

What sucks though is that they charge a high $6.99 per pic which turns me off. Still, they have some "rare" pics as in shots I have not seen offered by other dealers.

Episode 3 pics go up for sale March 27th.

Also, you can get any pic blown up to 16x20 for $24.99 . . . that is a RIDICULOUS price but tell me it wouldn't be cool to have that Probe Droid pic in a 16x20 print framed and hanging on the wall ? :D

By the way I believe this "Official Pix" company is formerly C2. :)

Jayspawn
07-11-2005, 09:04 AM
It is Caesar, they do have some awesome photos on their site. At CIII they were only $5 each! I thought about buying a bunch up but I paced myself.

Jayspawn
07-11-2005, 09:31 AM
And speaking of Celebration III, I had a wonderful time!!! As I'm sure the other thousands who also went did. And of course I got to score some great autographs and meet most of the awesome guests!

Heres who I met and what they signed...

Tem Morrison signed a CIII 8x10 of Jango Fett on Geonosis from AOTC. He had a pretty long line -but it moved. He was very nice, kind of a gruff person. I mentioned "Six Days Seven Nights" which he did with Harrison Ford and "I was in that!" He was a riot on stage in the events room. He sang with Jay Lagaia and both of them actually sing very well.

Jeremy Bulloch signed a CIII 8x10 of Boba Fett. He's very nice as always, and he had a long line of course. I told him that he was the first Star Wars actor I ever met when I was younger.

Michael Sheard signed a CIII 8x10 of Admiral Ozzel of course. We was eating when got to him and I was about to head off to find lunch somewhere myself. And he says "Of course, otherwise you get constapated." Not what I was expecting, but he's a nice old man and he was popular too!

Amy Allen "MMMMmmmmmm........" OH! She signed a great CIII 8x10 of her from ROTS. I felt kinda akward because I had just spent a few hours in cold drizzling rain -waiting to get in for the day when I met her. She was very nice, casual and wow! She's beautiful too! I tell ya, I was sent!

*these few entries took longer to write then I expected as I started thinking back on the convention. I'll write more soon!

Anybody else here go? What are your stories?

Jayspawn
09-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey Autograph Collectors! Just an update, Wattographs.com has some great signings coming up including....

Kee Chan (Male-Dee from Revenge of the Sith)
Wayne Pygram (Tarkin from Revenge of the Sith)
Grey Delisle (voices of Ventress, Padme and Shakk-Ti from Clone Wars)
Carrie Fisher (Leia!)
and Mark Dodson (Young Boba Fett, but when did this guy ever play Boba Fett?)

The prices range from great to not so good. I'd like to get Wayne Pygram's sig but not for the same cost as Carrie Fisher's. Carrie Fisher's is a great deal for anyone who does not have hers.

2-1B
09-19-2005, 12:37 PM
I bought a Carrie Fisher at Wizard this year, I bought it from Official Pix.

That company sucks ! They have GREAT product, no question, and they're price on 8x10s was indeed only 5 dollars at the show, which was awesome because I bought tons, but then I got home and checked their website to find even MORE great pics that I would have bought if they brought them to the show . . . but they didn't, so if I want them I have to pay 6.99 plus shipping. No way will I pay that much ! They're losing some sales with that price, I think.

bobafett07728
09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! That site hadn't been updated in a while, so I got very lax on checking it.

I would've probably missed this!

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Just a reminder (as its been out there). OfficialPix.com is having a sale in November. All photographs are on SALE! All standard 8X10s have been marked down to $4.99!

I placed an order and should be recieving it soon. Just to stock up, just in case. I picked up photos of Luke (studio), Han (studio -in case I get a once in a lifetime chance of meeting Mr. Ford), Ki-Adi-Mundi (studio, I'd LOVE to meet Silas Carson), General Grevious, and a GREAT photo of Anakin & Padme (studio, to be signed in the future by Mr. Christensen and Ms. Portman)

2-1B
11-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I'll be ordering a few more 8x10s by month's end. I definitely want the individual pics of Ani and Obi in their fighter cockpits and a few other treats that I might find.

Jay, which Ani/Padme pic did you order ?

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I ordered this picture of Anakin and Padme...

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=EP2%5FIA%5F50753&cat=12

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 02:16 PM
WOAH!!!!:eek: :eek: The pictures arrived TODAY already! Man, OfficialPix doesnt kid around. You order em and you get em right away!

Jayspawn
11-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Just a reminder, the SALE OfficialPix.com is having ends in a few days (last day of November is the LAST day!)

I plan on placing an order for a few studio photos before the sale ends. I'm trying to decide on a good picture of Ian McDiarmid. Man, thats a hard one!

2-1B
11-26-2005, 11:10 AM
I recommend the shot of Ian in ROTS preparing to thrust his lightsaber upward, that's a good one ! I bought it this summer. It's this one: :D
http://www.officialpix.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=EP3%5FIA%5F93140&cat=13

Jayspawn
11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah thats a good one. I've seen some studio photos of Palpatine in black from ROTS holding his lightsaber (while I was at Celebration III). Should have bought it then. I may hold out in Palpatine for now.

They have a studio photo of Leia I've had my eye on. I might also pick up a studio photo of Mom Mothma ROTS and Barris Offee. I want the picture they have of Admiral Piette, but meeting Kenneth Colley is a long shot at this point. You never know though.

2-1B
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
The studio shots are alright (some of them are bad) but I much prefer shots from the movies when I buy photos. :)

Jayspawn
11-28-2005, 01:30 AM
I stumbled into some GREAT photos at http://All.Posters.com (http://www.AllPosters.com) Just type in "Star Wars"

They have a deal now for free shipping. Standard 8x10s run $5.99.

2-1B
11-28-2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks Jay, I noticed they have the shot of Ani in his cockpit that I wanted from Official Pix but they recently removed. :( So I ordered that one as well as 2 magnets I'd been looking for, thanks for the tip!

Also, I noticed that the deal on free shipping ended on Sunday, it's 2am here Monday so I didn't know if it would go through but it did and I saved on the $5. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I spotted a great photo of Ian McDiarmid so I might order that one.

FYI, the sale at OfficialPix.com is only on for 3 more days (till the 30th).

Jayspawn
11-28-2005, 09:46 AM
I just won a jackpot of signed Celebration III photos on Ebay yesterday. I scored 11 signed photos for $90!!!

Althought I was at Celebration III, there were some signatures I regret not getting. I'll be getting them now though.

Jayspawn
11-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Has anyone else seen this? StarWarsShop.com is selling a photo/lithograh of Anakin/Vader all framed and matted AND signed by Hayden Christensen! It looks sweet and limited to 200!! The not so sweet part is that its $299.99. And as much as I like Hayden and that I'd like to have it, I wont spend that much.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104618;category_id=;pcid1=; pcid2=

JimJamBonds
11-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Pretty cool like you said Jay but that price is a killer. Instead you could just buy the Ani/Vader pin its only 8 bucks. :D

2-1B
11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
That's cool but I'd rather drop a bunch of money on the Official Pix dual-signed JEJ and HChrist at Official pix. OR even just the regular Hayders signed pic over there...but the AniVader one is pretty cool lookin' :)

Jayspawn
12-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Aaahhhh drat! I was gonna place a last minute order at OfficialPix but it seems they took the site down to remove the sale. Blah! Hopefully they'll have a December sale (fingers crossed).

Jayspawn
12-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Ok then, I was able to place an order this morning and get the discount. I picked up an ANH Studio of Leia, Studio Barris Offee, ROTS Studio Mon Mothma, and Admiral Piette (I'm hoping to meet Kenneth Colley at some point).

Jayspawn
12-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Just got an email from OfficialPix, the sale has been extended through December 31st.

Jayspawn
12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Doh! All those awesome photos on AllPosters.com are gone!!!! I emailed them and I got a response saying they were all sold out. Thats a blowoff! No way they sold ALL of the photos in like a night or two.

Anyways, I recieved CIII photo signed by Mary Oyaya. I missed her when I was at CIII and I was able to get it for convention price.

Jayspawn
12-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Today I recieved my 1st Mark Hamill autograph ever! Its a great photo of Luke from ROTJ. I got it from Creation Entertainment for an awesome price!

Jayspawn
12-28-2005, 09:42 AM
OfficialPix has announced that they will be doing Close Up 20X20 "Ultra-Pix" featuring characters Darth Vader, Yoda, Anakin, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Boba Fett, Palpatine, General Grievous, Han Solo, Darth Maul, R2-D2, Queen Amidala and more to follow. They are running $59.99 a pop.

They look cool. Neat idea. If you could get them signed by the actor, it would make a great collection centerpeice.

Jayspawn
01-02-2006, 10:53 AM
OfficialPix is holding a couple of signings with Anthony Daniels and Mark Hamill!!!

The Mark Hamill signed photos are running $99.99 and there are 8 (very good) ones to choose from.
http://www.officialpix.com/lukeskywalker.asp

The Anthony Daniels signed photos are running $49.99 and there are also 8 photos to choose from.
http://www.officialpix.com/c3po.asp

Both actors are doing personalizing! I'd say its a great price for each actor, since you are guaranteed the real deal. I remember getting Anthony's autograph on an action figure about 10 years ago for $15. Apparently the appreciation has gone up.

Jayspawn
01-14-2006, 09:09 AM
OfficialPix has now announced that Christopher Lee will be doing a signing at the end of the month which includes personalization! Wow! They'll post the order link soon. Definatly worth getting into, Christopher Lee is a movie legend and he'll sign it to you!

Speaking of Christopher Lee, I just purchased his signature on an awesome AOTC Studio photo. I got a hell of a deal on it. I also got a Studio photo signed by Matt Sloan as well for a good price.

Jayspawn
01-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Here's the link to the Christopher Lee signing, along with the pictures you have to choose from....

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=56

I really like the photo of Dooku holding the blue lightsaber and his red one. Its only going to be $99.99 for the signing which I think is a steal since he doesnt make many US appearances or signings for that matter.

Jayspawn
01-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Today I recieved a couple of awesome photos in the mail from OfficialPix!

-One of them is a Studio photo of Plo Koon SIGNED by Matthew Sloan. The other was a Studio photo of Count Dooku SIGNED by Christopher Lee. Incredible pieces! I'm glad to finally have a Christopher Lee signature I my collection.

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Another Collector hooked me up with a few signed Celebration II photos. 1 is an awesome photo of Beru signed by the lovely Bonnie Piesse. The other is a classic shot of Uncle Own signed by Phil Brown who is now deceased. As fate would have it, I secured the deal for these 2 autographs the day before Phil Brown passed away. Ha! Good deal though Mr. Brown will be missed. I would have loved to have met him.