PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap: Family Guy Figures From Mezco!!! (merged)

Beast
02-12-2004, 07:45 PM
We got our first look and news about the Family Guy figure line, over on Action-Figure.com. Hopefully the line will do well, and we'll get more then just the one series. Because they're not doing Meg in Series one. Yet we're going to get two Stewies. Here's the news and a couple pictures from over there. :)

Mezco: US TOYFAIR: Family Guy
You've wondered if someone would ever do Family Guy figures. Well the good news is that Mezco will be releasing Family Guy figures and have them on show at the US ToyFair...

Family Guy is due out Mid-September and will see the release of:

Stewie
Peter
Lois
Stewie in Pyjamas
Brian
Chris

Each will come with a number of accessories. For example, Brian will come with a Martini Glass and a Fire Hydrant amongst others.

There will also be a 12" Talking Stewie who will say phrases from the show.

The Family Guy figures were sculpted by Plan-B.

http://www.action-figure.com/Article11005.html
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2004, 07:50 PM
In the words of Stewie: "Victory is mine!!!!"

I'm SOOOOOOOOO GIDDY for these figures mere words cannot explain my giddiness.

Nice how they left out poor Meg though; the forgotten Griffin. Maybe they'll release a figure of her w/ Boba Fetts head (inside joke for fellow FG fanatics) :D rock on!!

Beast
02-12-2004, 08:13 PM
This line could so rock, if they do it right. Shame that it won't be available at regular stores. I've only seen Mezco stuff at Comic Shops and places like Suncoast and Media Player. But hopefully it's got some strong legs. Cause we definatly need Meg. Not to mention Death, Cleveland, Quagmire, and Joe. And so many more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
02-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Very cool, my son and I watch the show almost every night on Cartoon Network. I love the figures, just hopefully they won't make any of Peter in his tidy whites.

Beast
02-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey, if they can make Homer in his undies, we need Peter in his. We also need him in his knight costume. As well as with a big shaggy beard with three baby birds in it. The possibilities for this line are endless. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
02-13-2004, 12:46 AM
I have the Austin Powers figure in his British briefs, baring his hairy chest, so I guess having Peter in his underwear couldn't be all that bad.

Adam
02-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Must.. get.. Quagmire!

Alllllright.

JediTricks
02-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Mezco has had some lines at TRU in the past, Popeye and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea come to mind, and TRU just got in those Alien/Predator Mezits.

These look cool, but not quite right, like the sculpting could use a little more work still. Either way though, FG is doing pretty well so if Mez can get these out IN TIME they could have a little hit on their hands. Stewie looks weird in 3d!!! Too bad it's Mezco, a larger company would be able to do a line like The Simpsons from Playmates with all the neighbors and some cool playsets.

If they do a Quagmire fig, they HAVE to do a chase version that's nearly naked. :D

Kidhuman
04-18-2004, 05:55 PM
These look awesome. Gotta get these. :beard: (http://www.mezcotoyz.com/products.asp?pline=fg) <----------click

Rocketboy
04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Those are freakin' sweet - except for Stewie, he just doesn't look right.
Great accessories with 'em, especially Peter's and Chris' monkey.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-18-2004, 07:19 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23051&highlight=Family+Guy

Thanks for the pics that should've been in this thread that was posted during the toyfair in feb. :crazed:

Kidhuman
04-18-2004, 07:44 PM
My bad, mods feel free to merge away.

CaptainSolo1138
04-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Must.. get.. Quagmire!

Alllllright.
Giggady, giggady, giggady.

These figures are pretty cool looking. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

TheDarthVader
04-22-2004, 07:09 PM
I love the cartoon, but I will not be collecting the figures. However, they look nice and if I had the money I might buy a Peter (no jokes guys) and a Brian (if he does come out). I can't believe they decided to make these!

Beast
07-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Series II has been revealed at SDCC. Seems that Mezco is doing a really serious job of making secondary characters, while doing good new versions of the main characters. Who ever thought we'd see a naked Peter or S&M Peter & Lois figure. Here's the news, and a link to pictures. :)

Family Guy Series 2 will consist of:

S&M Peter and Lois 2 Pack with bananna, riding crop and alternate head for Peter
Quagmire & Blow Up Doll and beer bottle
Death and Death Dog w/ sickle, beer bottle and alternate head for Death
Naked Peter with pillow, video tape and talking clam
Rufus Griffin with guitar and record
Meg with pig, two hand bags, and picture.
Mutant Stewie with Pile of Eggs and Little Mutant Stewies

http://www.action-figure.com/Article12315.html
http://p073.ezboard.com/fmezcofrm2.showMessage?topicID=329.topic

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Packaged pictures of Series I were also on display:

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=12312

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Sweet, these figures are awesome.

Beast
07-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Agreed. Mezco's doing a great job with the line. And pretty much listened to the fan requests for Death, Quagmire, and Meg. Death is great, especially with Death Dog being packed in as well. Wish his skull head had the spiders and snake in it/on it though. Naked Peter is great, and I'm suprised they actually made him. Same with S&M Lois and Peter, that's a great shock right there. Not really intrested in yet another Stewie, but the Octopus Mutant one is cool. As for Rufus, eh... I can think of a dozen or so characters I'd rather have before they did him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
07-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Wow! When I first saw the shots of the series one figures I thought they were pretty cool. Being a huge fan of the show, I was planning on getting them anyway. After having seen what's in store for Series 2 - I'm absolutley blown away! Looks like they definitely have the fans in mind with this line! I never would've expected the choices they've made, and now that I've seen them I'm totally sold! I'm hoping the line does well so that in future assortments we might get to see figures like Quagland/Clevemire, Grandpa Griffin, Brian's cousin from L.A., Joe, Mr. Weed, Tom Tucker's freak of a son with the upside down face, Stewie's future brother, Asian Reporter Trisha Takanawa and especially Mayor Adam West!

Kidhuman
07-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Adam West would rock. SO would Joe, he probably is my third favorite charcter after Peter and Quagmire. I would love to see Stewies future brother. Man they should just make them all, including a paper thin Kate Moss.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-22-2004, 11:26 PM
An Adam West figure!! He could come with some taffy, because as we know, he is a man who loves his taffy. He could also come with an alternate version hand that has a wedding gown on. :crazed: I hope to God this line does well. I wasn't considering getting it, but now i'm definately reconsidering. Hopefully, if it does, we can get figures from the "Fans writing in" episode such as: Blob peter, Genie, Lil' Family Guy characters, and then we could even get a Luke Perry figure! ha! I can't wait to see what happens with this line! :D

Rocketboy
07-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Where the heck are these going to be sold?
I can't picture Wal Mart, K Mart, or wherever selling Naked Peter, S&M Lois and Peter, Quagmire w/ Blow up doll, ect.
They wouldn't even sell Smithers a few years ago because of the fact he "could" be gay.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Series 3 has been shown!!

http://www.action-figure.com/ImageBank+index-id-54348.html

Adam West (with hand wearing wedding veil), Joe, Street Walking Peter, the Pope, Jasper and i think that's Chris as a painter. All these look great, but still not going to buy them due to the insane amount of eye variations and prices. :D

JediTricks
12-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that's Chris as New York artist Cristobel. What an odd choice.

Kidhuman
12-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Awesome, Adam West rocks and so does Cristobel.

Rocketboy
12-17-2004, 11:23 PM
These figures are awesome, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $13 a pop for 'em.

evenflow
12-17-2004, 11:55 PM
I liek the figures, my girlfriend actually collects them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Spotted series 2 last night at a Media Play and then ALL of series 2 at a Suncoast today, so these are popping up. I don't collect them, but I did want to pass on the word. I did pick up Naked Peter for my buddy though. After he told me he'd take it, i said, "so, all you want is a naked peter..." and then i inserted my uncanny peter griffin-esque laugh and we giggled. A true geek moment. ;)

Also, i picked up the variant of Death, the version with the skull head, as JJB said the case packing for him was nuts. If anybody wants him, let me know. I'm just asking the 13 bucks i paid for it, plus S&H. Let me know by Thur or so. HH! :D

Ji'dai
03-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I saw Series 2 at Suncoast a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't S&M Peter and Lois part of this wave, or are they an exclusive?

Jargo
03-20-2005, 02:00 PM
can't get into family guy. just feels so weak. is it copying or parodying other shows? doesn't seem to know where its arse is at. Same with these figures. I'm not willing to pay so much for figures that are basically statues. About as interesting as mud.

evenflow
03-23-2005, 09:31 AM
I saw Series 2 at Suncoast a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't S&M Peter and Lois part of this wave, or are they an exclusive?

They are being released as a box set in about a month.

Ji'dai
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I spotted the Peter & Lois "Nighttime" set (the S&M variants) at Suncoast today, $19.99.

dr_evazan22
06-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I got my EE catalog the other day. In it was a fig or statue of the the Peter vs The Chicken fight. Pretty funny.

evenflow
06-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Its the next box set, they are figures.

Ji'dai
07-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I did see Series 3 at Suncoast this past week so they are hitting retail. This series features Peter in Drag, Joe Swanson, the Pope, Mayor Adam West, Christobel, and Jasper the dog.

Jargo
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
meh, ok so i succumbed to the show and watched every episode and now I'm hooked too late to get hold of series one stewie. Anyone know of any sites selling these figs at reasonable prices? Toywiz is ridiculously priced as usual.
bagged a mutant Stewie yesterday, quite cool but not as cool as S1 Stewie and variant. S4 bloated Stewie isn't too hot but I might get it anyway. and the S1.5 figures box set with new head sculpts looks ok too but way too pricey just to get a Stewie figure.

I like the other figures but aside from Brian, I'm not compeeled to buy anything besides Stewie. He reminds me of myself when i was younger.

So, any help would be muchly appreciated. ta.

LTBasker
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
It would probably be best to wait for the Family boxset, that could at least drive down the prices of series 1. Or wait for a later series, you know it'd be impossible for them to not redo that style of stewie somewhere down the line.

Jargo
07-08-2005, 07:39 PM
yeah I suppose. I'm bidding on a S1 variant Stewie on Ebay right now but expect to lose the auction to a sniper. (DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!) I just wish someone had shown me the DVD's earlier.
Personally i think a boxed set of Stewies in some of his different outfits would be cool. The ninja, rocket man tux, army general, sexy party music video smoking jacket, sailor boy, yellow plastic raincoat, ships captain,that sorta thing.

Be nice if they did one Stewie with open eyes too. I know he's a diabolical megalomaniac but just one where he has that wide eyed stare would be cool. Would love to see some backdrops too.

*sigh*

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I saw the Peter vs. Chicken box set ($24.99) and the Deluxe Talking Stewie with Rupert ($39.99) at Suncoast today. There is also a Deluxe Talking Peter scheduled but it may not be out yet.

Jargo
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM
OMG! No wonder i can't get hold of a S1 Stewie. there's three freakin variants. and what's the difference? just the freakin eyes. lower lid, upper lid, both lids. Same with S1 Peter. wide eyed, lower lid and both lids. So there's guys out there who bought all three just to have a set. Jeez that's anal. I mean i can understand getting the bedtime Stewie variant. But tiny modifications to the eyes paint apps is reason to go nuts? GET A LIFE!!!
If the figure was totally repainted and came with a re-coloured set of accessories then yeah I'd understand that too. but just the eyes? that's really really anal.

Also have to say that bloated Stewie is one of the most ugly action figures I've ever seen. It's not ugly because Stewie is fat it's ugly because it's a crappy choice for a figure and it's a crappy execution of that figure. With so many Stewie options they could have done they went and made a crappy one. Jeez what a waste.

Jargo
07-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I sat down last night and decided to make a list of stewie variants they could do. Got to number 32 and stopped... I so want a series one stewie with his highchair. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Holy crap, nobody's posted in this thread for over a year!!

anyway, i found the new wave today at a local Hot Topic. I don't collect these guys by the wave, but i'll get randoms (Deaf Guy, Herbert) and today I snagged the Peanut Butter Jelly Time Brian and Sexy Party Stewie! Great figs!! HH! :D

RooJay
09-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Since I missed out on the first two waves and they've never been re-released I ended up not buying into this line either (even though I was really hoping to.) I have however, been waiting for that one figure that I just couldn't pass up - Peanut Butter Jelly Time Brian is it! I just have to have him and I can't wait 'til I finds him!

evenflow
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I used to buy these for my girlfriend but she has pretty mnuch run out of room for them.