PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas, NV. Findings-

jedihunter25
02-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Since there are many threads on findings in other cities, I thought I should start one on findings where I live- Las Vegas,NV.

Last night I got off work around 3:30 A.M. and decided to hit the 24 hour Walmarts. After hitting 4 Walmarts with empty pegs I was giving up hope. I decided to hit one more on Boulder Hwy & Lake Mead in Henderson. When I came up to the toy section I didn't see any shipment boxes in the isles and almost called it quits. When I went to the small SW section I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like hitting a jackpot!!!!!! This is what I picked up-

Luke (Jedi Knight)
R2-D2 (Bartender)
R1-G4
Lando (Jabba's Sail Barge)
Rappertunie
Tanus Spijek
Holographic Luke
General Dodonna
Gold Leader (Dutch Vander)
Captain Antilles

ULTRA FIGS
Jabba the Hutt
Jabba's Court Denizens (B'omarr Monk,Wol Cabas****e,& Bubo)

They also has the new Tie Fighter Pilot but I didn't pick him up because I already have 10 of the ones from the past. They did not have J'Quille but I'm not complaining because of score that I have found. The last time I bought this many figs at the same time and at the same store was at Midnight Madness. :D

Rogue II
02-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Good find! I live in N. Las Vegas, and I check the 2 WM and 1 Target every other day or so. I've found up to R1-G4. Right now on the 3 stores I visit, the only figures on the pegs are 1 Hoth Han, 3 CW Sanse Tiin (sp?), and 1 CW Anakin.

BTW, there is a store called "toys in the Attic" on Craig. The cheapest figure they have is a POTJ Bespin Guard for $13.95.:rolleyes: I highly reccomend staying away from there.

jedihunter25
02-13-2004, 09:32 PM
BTW, there is a store called "toys in the Attic" on Craig. The cheapest figure they have is a POTJ Bespin Guard for $13.95.:rolleyes: I highly reccomend staying away from there.

A friend of mine that collects SW took me there once, I walked out laughing hysterically from their overpricing. I don't know why they are still in bussiness, unless people actually buy from them- which would be very scary.

ronhudy
02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
I've been into that "Toyz in the Attic" place as well - WAY OVERPRICED. I was talking to the owner, and they eventually are getting out of the action figures and more into the trading card games / vintage stuff. I've always stuck to Wal-Mart/Target, and once in a while K-mart (got my Ephant Mon there by chance when picking up some garden supplies!)

If anyone in Vegas(or anywhere else) is interested, I have a lot of SW stuff (primarily basic figures) that I am looking to sell. I'm willing to negotiate a more than fair price - I just don't have the time/space/money to really continue collecting, and I really don't have the space to keep what I have. I'd be willing to sell pieces, but would prefer the whole thing or somewhat sizeable lots. Any interested parties, e-mail me at rfhudy@yahoo.com

jedihunter25
03-25-2004, 12:10 AM
I just picked up the Obi-Wan and Darth Maul Glasses tonight at the Target in Henderson (Sunset Rd. & Stephanie). They still had three of each left for those who are looking in the area.

ronhudy
03-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks jedihunter25. I found them as well at a NW area Target (I'm on the other side of town!) I got 'em for my 2 boys.

Another great place to find some hard to find figures lately is the pharmacy stores (Walgreen's, Sav-On, Rite-Aid) . In the last few weeks I've found Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace), R1-G4, R2-D2 (Jabba's Sail Barge), and Rappertunie

Also, the Centennial Wal-Mart had a bunch of General Jan Dodonna a week ago, now their gone.

HAPPY HUNTING!

jedihunter25
04-13-2004, 03:21 AM
Anybody know where to get Gentle Giant SW Bust in town?

Rogue II
04-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Maybe in one of those fancy toy stores in one of the malls on the Strip.

BTW, the Target in N. Las Vegas just put out more of the Maul/Kenobi cups, along with the Yoda with Jedi Kid wave. There were 2 Saga Gold Han Solos there when I left. My wife bought the last Saga Gold Leia.

ronhudy
04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Is that Target at Craig/Clayton or Centennial/95?

I'm looking for any of the bounty hunters also (new Bossk, Dengar also skiff Lando, Holo Luke) Any tips? I returned my Maul/Kenobi cups. My kids weren't really interested in them...and I wish they would have been actual GLASS. Also - TRU at Meadows mall had the Silver clones when I went last week - a whole case. I got one and card/bubble was in good shape. But to me, it looks kinda lame. It doesn't have that real "chrome" finish like the R2 had - just looks like it was spray painted. KB at Meadows has ocassionally been putting out some of the deluxe EP2 and Clone Wars figs. I got Yoda/Super Battle Droid a couple of weeks back for $3.99!

Thanks for the tips.

Rogue II
04-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Craig/Clayton.

The newest figures I have are Dodonna, Rappertine, TIE Pilot, Rebel Pilot, and Lando Skiff (I found them while I was in Texas). I don't have anything newer than that, including Capt Antilles.

A while back I saw the Yoda/Battledroid and the C-3PO/Battledroid at one of the Dollar stores for $3 and regular figures for $2.

orionlukteel
04-14-2004, 07:07 AM
Sorry to jump in - just found the forum. :)
I'll be moving to Henderson from chilly Pittsburgh in about two weeks.
I'm not real huge on the new stuff, maybe the 3-packs but not much more.
Couple of questions -
Are there any MediaPlays out your way?
Are there any reasonable collectible shops out there? (That $13.95 for
a POTJ Bespin Guard is a little steep for my blood. :rolleyes: )
I'm more of an eBay junkie and parts scavenger, but every once in a blue
moon I go looking for new stuff, and I'll only buy if something catches
my eye.
Any help you guys can give is appreciated!
Thanks!
Pat
(formerly PartsGuy (tm) of rec.toys.action-figures)

Rogue II
04-14-2004, 01:15 PM
There are no Media Plays here, unfortunately. I just moved here in October, so I haven't really explored much as far as collectible shops go. I just found that one because it is in the same plaza as my realtor and the grocery store. But, after doing a quick search on yahoo yellow pages, there seem to be plenty of comic book stores and collectible shops.

I haven't found a flea market in town yet. I used to get some good stuff from the flea markets.

Welcome to Nevada. :D

Rogue II
04-26-2004, 08:34 PM
The Walmart on Craig and Las Vegas Blvd in North Las Vegas had the Deluxe Ewok with Glider this morning.

ronhudy
04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Cool. Thanks Rogue II! I saw them at Centennial/U.S. 95 Wal-Mart also this past weekend. They look pretty cool. I may pick one up and use it for a diorama.

It's about time that Wal-Mart over on Craig/Las Vegas Blvd. got some new stuff! Anyone know where to find the new Bossk/Dengar?!

Rogue II
04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I actually found Dengar and Ozzel at the K-mart near Nellis and Charleston about a week or so ago. Sorry I forgot to post it.

jedihunter25
04-28-2004, 12:06 AM
I found the Ozzel and General Madine waves at Wal-mart on Lake Mead & Boulder Hwy. in Henderson a week ago. I'm also sorry I didn't report it due to busy work hours that I've been putting in lately.

Rogue II
05-01-2004, 06:20 PM
I got Antilles and Bossk today at the Toys R Us by the Meadows Mall. They also had Dodonna, Dengar, Gold Leader, Hoth Luke, R2-D2 Bartender, and the TIE Pilot. There were a few of the new X-Wings (if you really want to buy that piece of poop.) There were plenty on the pegs, plus another case of them above the pegs.

orionlukteel
05-02-2004, 11:05 PM
WOO HOO! Made it!!!

I promise not to clean the pegs, y'all. :D But I *will* let you know if I spot anything remotely new.

But then, in Pennsylvania, there's NADA on the pegs, so to me, just
about everything is new. LOL

Stopped at the Wal-Mart on Eastern and one out near Gibson this morning.
Made a deal with the fiancee that if she got to buy housewares, I get to look at toys. :crazed: Scoping out the racks here is like Christmas in July! Like I said previously, I like to look, not necessarily buy. But I was tempted to grab a Dodonna and - doggone it, whatsisname, not Rappertunie but the other Jabba
creature... along with the Jedi trainee sets that disappeared as soon as they hit the shelves in Pennsylvania.

You guys have it good! :p If I can find an Achmed-Bek or a Danyl Faytonni I'll be in heaven... Until then, I'll just report what I don't already see listed.
Cool?

Peace,
Pat

ronhudy
05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
You guys have it good! :p If I can find an Achmed-Bek or a Danyl Faytonni I'll be in heaven... Until then, I'll just report what I don't already see listed.
Cool?

Peace,
Pat

I've got both...want 'em? I'm cutting back on my collecting a bunch - really only keeping/purchasing those items which I really want. Let me know if you'd like to trade for/buy them...

Ron in NW Las Vegas

ronhudy
05-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Vegas gang...I was at Centennial Hills Wal-Mart last night. Bunch of new figs on the pegs:

Lando (Jabba's Sail Barge) - 1 left, card slightly bent
Rappertunie - 1 or 2 left
Tanus Spijek - 1 left, card bent
Holographic Luke - was only one - I got it!
General Dodonna - plenty
Gold Leader (Dutch Vander) - probably 3 or 4
Captain Antilles - 3 or 4
Admiral Ozzel - 2 or 3 left
Tie Fighter - 3 or 4 left
Bossk - was only 1, I got it

also PLENTY of Aayla Secura, Bariss Ofee, Yoda/Chian, Ashla/Jempa, and Ewoks w/glider. I only picked up Holo Luke, Lando, and Bossk. As I said, I'm really only going for my favorites now, a couple of figs per wave. Some of the new figs, I have to admit, have some pretty crappy paint jobs. Also, I was at Kay-bee at Meadows Mall during the day, and there wasn't much new stuff ('cept for the first EP2 Yoda on the new saga card for $ 7.99, while all the rest of the figs were $2.99!), but they did have the Attack of the Clones cinema scene 3-packs marked down to $ 7.99 (while TRU next door is still priced at $20...morons!). I STILL NEED DENGAR THOUGH DAMMIT!

Happy Hunting!

greengoblin3825
05-13-2004, 01:19 AM
I am originally from Henderson and now living in Orlando. I am heading to Vegas on the 19th and was wondering what comic shops are good to go to. If there is any place other than retail that sells figures at a decent price and what is a decent Target or Wal-mart to hit up for stuff. I missing Rappertunie, Tanus and J'quille Admiral Ozzel, Han AT-ST and the rest of that wave. Let me know if you guys and girls don't mind