PDA

View Full Version : Explain your username... (merged)

Rollo Tomassi
12-08-2001, 10:31 AM
A companion piece to 'Explain your signature line" where we make others less confused about the obscure references attributed to our UserNames. I'll start.

My name comes from the movie L.A. Confidential. There is a scene where Sgt. Ed Exely (Guy Pearce) is telling Sgt. Jack Vincennes (Kevin Spacey) about the thug who killed his police hero father in the line of duty. They never caught the guy that did it, so Exely made up the name Rollo Tomassi "to give the guy a personality." The name actually becomes integral in catching the villians of the movie later on. I like that movie (I thought it should have won Best Picture that year instead of Titanic) and I like the way Rollo Tomassi rolls off the tongue. Apparently somebody else liked the name, too, because when we started the new forums SOME CRACKER:mad: stole my name and I had to go by another for awhile. But that's another story...:D

bigbarada
12-08-2001, 01:24 PM
Well, my name comes from a WestEnd Games Star Wars RPG character I played last year, Umplom Toe. He was a Klatooinian Pit Fighter, which was a class my GM and I wrote together, who had some very powerful Force potential. Very fun character who got into a fist fight with a Jedi and won in one punch!

"big" because he was over 7 feet tall and strong as a ox (14D!!)

"barada" because I've never liked the Klatooinian name to describe Baradas. I still think it's a EU mistake that has just become accepted by the fans.

JediCole
12-08-2001, 03:45 PM
Mine is fairly easy. My wife suggested the name JediCole for my eBay screenname (all lowercase on eBay). My name is Cole and the JediCole name really grew on me.
Incidnetally, after briefly adopting the Star Park avatar of Labria (who I used to call "Grinnin' Devil Boy), I picked my current one due to the fact that it looked like me, if I was on an episode of South Park! I couldn't belive it!

Jargo
12-08-2001, 04:34 PM
JediCole meet Ewan, Ewan meet jediCole....... nicely done methinks...

I've explained this before but since there's so many new people here now I'll start over so they don't think I'm stealing and mis-spelling an Episode two character's name...

( Jargo is short for 'Jargon man' )

A couple of years ago I was in a play and the character I played was Jargo. Who was a slightly drug addled retard-ish kid who lived in his own topsy turvy world which sort of straddled the real world and the world of fiction, and talked in his own language of made up words and phrases. he thought the Planet of the apes was real and thought he could outwit the police with jedi mind tricks. He was a tragi-comedic character and the highlight was a scene in which the devil possesed his soul and talked absolute existential crap for five minutes. A total show stealer for yours truly......:D I guess you had to be there eh...? :sur:

Having taken Jargo to heart with great affection I adopted his name as a sort of nickname, as everyone around town was refering to me as Jargo anyway. So that's how the cat got his name folks. Now wrap up warm and bog off so I can get me some sleep. Darned pesky kids....!!!!!!:rolleyes: :crazed:

master jedi
12-08-2001, 05:50 PM
I got my name from TPM where Amidala calls Qui-Gon master jedi.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-08-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Apparently somebody else liked the name, too, because when we started the new forums SOME CRACKER:mad: stole my name and I had to go by another for awhile. But that's another story...:D

As a full-blooded cracker I take offense to that, RT! :D

No seriously folks, my name is not one I take likely. I made an amalgam from the movie "The Manchurian Candidate" and Boba Fett who wears Mandalorian armor. I've probably explained this little tidbit umpteen different times, so once more won't hurt. I was Mandalorian Candidate waaaaaay back when before the dark times and we had to start off as Moisture Farmers. Since the forum change before last, the letter limit was set at 20, so I got my 'e' cut off. Now only John Wayne Bobbit can sympathize with me. :cry:

bigbarada
12-08-2001, 09:23 PM
Why didn't you just get rid of the space between Mandalorian and Candidate and keep your precious "e"?:confused: :p

Beast
12-08-2001, 09:46 PM
Cool name origins,

As for mine....hmmm, lemme think. I kinda forgot where I got it. :D

But seriously, I liked the Charecter of Jar Jar, sure he's a lil goofy, a lil akward and not to mention clumsy. But still he's a good charecter, and I see Lucas doing an impressive story arc with the charecter. Perhaps sacrificing himself in E3 to his former best friend Anakin, now Darth Vader. So that Padme and the twins can escape his clutches.

Plus its a also taking a stand against all those people that hate poor Jar Jar, shame on all of you. If he turns out to be a much better charecter in E2 and E3, I will knowingly nod my head and say... "Meesa told youssa so." :p

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks (The One, The Only, The Original)

Mike Troxell
12-08-2001, 11:37 PM
I read it on the back of a milk carton and I liked it, so here it is.

Wolfwood319
12-08-2001, 11:58 PM
Wolfwood is the gun-toting priest in the Japanese anime show Trigun. 319 has no relevance.

LTBasker
12-09-2001, 12:17 AM
Well I didn't want to go by the name I go by everywhere else, so I decided to come up with something fresh. The Lieutenant Basker idea came in when I was thinking of names from the Star Wars and Star Trek fan-fics I've been working on, LT. Basker is a character in both of them. So I figured that would be a good name since I'm actually using myself as a reference on what the LT. Basker character would be like in the fan-fics. :D

GNT
12-09-2001, 02:42 AM
It all started back in 99 when I saw the first pictures of Gasgano and Boss Nass action figures,I fell in love with them...

Since someone registered the name "boss Nass" here on the boards I had to come up another user name for my other favourite character Gasgano, after seeing EP1:TPM I noticed that "Gasgano Never Talked" which was a big disappointment for me :( and that became my user name. Because people were too darn lazy to right the whole thing someone shortened it down to GNT which is the first letter of each of the words (Gasgano Never Talked) and ever since I've had it like that in some form another...

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 06:04 AM
Mine is not to hard to figure out.My name is Don so.Obi-Don,Obi-Wan get it,Get it.Yes I know you get it.:crazed: :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
12-09-2001, 10:14 AM
Originally Mike troxell's signature
Vernon T. Waldrip , He's a Suitor

Vernon's got prospects. He's Bonafide!:D

Starfig873
12-09-2001, 11:38 AM
*clears throat*

Star: celestial body visible as a point of light

Fig: pear-shaped edible fruit

So a Starfig, is a pear-shaped, edible celestial body.
And that is what my name IS NOT :D

But this:
Starfig = Star Wars Figure

And that is the real meaning of my name. The 873 means nothing, but I bet I could make it mean something if I wanted it too :p

bigbarada
12-09-2001, 01:16 PM
I always thought you name was a short form of Starfighter.:confused:

Rollo Tomassi
12-09-2001, 04:33 PM
I always figured it meant you were born in August of '73. You must've had SOME reason for picking that particular combination, even if it wasn't SW related...:(

GNT
12-10-2001, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
But this:
Starfig = Star Wars Figure

And that is the real meaning of my name. The 873 means nothing, but I bet I could make it mean something if I wanted it too :p

Maybe your 873rd Star Wars Figure will bwa good one :)

Starfig873
12-10-2001, 11:53 AM
Sorry boy-Os it is what it is. :D
That was a good thought on my name BB. Never even crossed my mine it could have been that. And good thought on the 873 Rollo, heh heh, but I'm afraid I was born a while after that... :p

lol, maybe so GNT, maybe so... :)

preacher
12-10-2001, 02:42 PM
"preacher" was chosen for two reasons:

First, I am extremely politically minded. I am as fascinated with politics as some women dig Sex in the City. And there were a few occassions where political debates under my previous sirsteves username "knox" (from a few years back) got some folks on these forums to take a dislike to me. One person even caught me on a point I made and said I should practice what I preach. To which I could not refute that I had not thought out some of my viewpoints as well as I thought I did. So as an ode to that person I changed my name to preacher and rethought the manner in which I voiced my opinions.

Second, as any fan of comic books knows, Garth Ennis is about the most profoundly perverse and entertaining writer in the business. His crowning achievement was a 68 issue series titled...yep you guessed it "Preacher". Jesse Custer, who is the preacher, is a nasty cuss and ain't afraid to speak his mind. Jesse and me have very similar outlooks on things. I don't like to sugarcoat anything. The only things that make that character and me different are: a) Jesse is from Texas and I'm from Washington and b) He smokes and I don't.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-10-2001, 07:33 PM
Goin' prospectin' agin! (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=7&PID=335)
We covered this before, but I love nostalgia! It's like, like... a time I once remembered... ;)

I am a big fan of philosophy, mythology, psychology, religion, and other "ologies." Someone who George Lucas used as a resource and influence for his "The Star Wars" story was Joseph Campbell, one of the world's most-trusted and knowledgable experts on such subjects. Sadly, at the world's and SW fans' expense, he died a few yers back. Taking the hyphenated Jedi Knight name theme, I changed the order of the names to come up with: Cam-Eph Be. No! Bel-Cam Jos. Tah dah!

El Chuxter
12-10-2001, 07:34 PM
Something a Jawa says in ANH? A reference to a character being killed in TPM? Mayhap an homage to the philosopher Terrance Chuxel? (j/k, Bel-Cam!) :D

Actually, a mutation of Chuck attributed to me by classmates years ago. (I only found out later that apparently there's a dog food brand called Chuxter.) I added the 'El' while taking Spanish in high school, as I felt it lent an air of drama and mystery to plain old Chuxter.

Lobito
12-11-2001, 04:26 PM
Ever seen Lobo from DC comics?? Well...my wife (yep i married three weeks ago!!) once saw this comic character and told me i looked like him, so there u go. hehehehe:Pirate: :)

El Chuxter
12-11-2001, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
Ever seen Lobo from DC comics?? Well...my wife (yep i married three weeks ago!!) once saw this comic character and told me i looked like him, so there u go. hehehehe:Pirate: :)

Feetal's Gizz! Was it a fraggin' compliment? :D

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2001, 07:35 PM
Well, isn't loboito "little wolf" in Spanish? I figured you just went a little wild every 28 days or so.

Hooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllll!!!!!!
Or is that el Hooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllll!!!!!! (j/k El C.!) :p

What's fun here, is to find out what the real origin of the names are, even when it seemed another way before! I eagerly await darthmaulgotmauledE1's reasons! ;)

Rollo Tomassi
12-12-2001, 11:31 AM
This thread was basically brought up for the newer members. Most of us posting have been here so long, we know the secret origins of all the other regulars. Not that I don't enjoy strolls down memory lane, but where are all the newbies and their rich little stories?

Jedi Teacher
12-12-2001, 12:57 PM
I as "newbie" I guess I could explain my name for all of you who have been posting things for a while. Actually, I've been reading these forums forever and just never registered.

Ok: Jedi Teacher
1. The best part about SW is the Jedi. From the lighsabers to the robe-- they're awesome! I mean, the aliens are cool and all, but after seeing a glimpse of what real Jedi are capable of in E1, my faith in the Jedi was renewed.

2. I am a teacher. I have a corner of my classroom devoted to Star Wars & even have those live size carboard cut outs of Yoda and Boba Fett for all my students to see.

That's it. Simple, really

Jargo
12-12-2001, 01:37 PM
Kewl! Why were there never teachers like that when i went to school? :cry: :p

GNT
12-13-2001, 07:35 AM
Welcome to "Jedi Teacher",hope you enjoy your stay :)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-13-2001, 09:07 AM
An English teacher who (whom? uh oh... :p ) I still keep in contact with said she always used to use the story of Luke Skywalker in her section on heroes and trials to overcome. About 1996 or so, she said she got a bunch of blank stares when she brought up "Star Wars." Ouch! Now SW = The Phantom Menace; for some: double ouch! :dead: (but not me!)

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Bumpin' this one up...particularly because I want to hear the origins of Jedipartnr (you forgot an "e' there buddy!) and Darth Ovori.

But the rest of you can chime in if you want.;)

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 12:30 AM
Well, my name originated frankly because I always thought that it would be cool if there was a Droid that possessed Sith powers and could wield a lightsaber, use the force, and kick b*tt just as much as any other Jedi or Sith. I used to read the old forum posts all the time, but I never registered. I'm glad I'm a member now. It's kind of comforting to see the same people writing stuff here everday.

billfremore
03-21-2002, 12:32 AM
Well mine's a bit of a tale to tell...

My name is not Bill and my last name isn't Fremore.

6 years ago I was the lead singer for a band based out of Windsor, Ontario (Across the border from Detroit) and the name of our band was "The More".

Well every Thursday in the local paper there was an entertainment supplement that came with it and it gave a listing of what bands were playing at what bars.

This particular week we were playing at a bar called the Spotted Dog. So as I and my bandmates anxiously opened up this paper to check out our name in print, next to the Spotted Dog's name in the listing was the name "Bill Fremore" much to our confusion.

As near as we can guess somebody had really bad handwriting and probably wrote put on the bill the more.

Well we liked the name so much as it represented how nobody had heard of us and we were getting absolutely no respect, we wrote a song titled "Bill Fremore".

Well the band broke up about a year after that, but I loved the name and the song so I adopted it for any username I used on the web.

And that's where billfremore came from.:cool:

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 11:19 AM
There you go. I always thought "SithDroid" referred to Maul's little floating spy guys. And of coure we all assumed Bill had no imagination whatsoever.

Excellent stories, both of you!

Now where's icatch9, Caesar, Emperor Hwdy, Wolfwood, etc...?

dr_evazan22
03-21-2002, 11:42 AM
When I got my internet account I wanted a SW name (back in '97). My first, like, 10-15 choices had already been taken. Some of them were main charcaters (luke, vader, boba, yoda...) and some weren't. They were all taken.
I looked up at my Cantina Cinema Scene and saw the Doc so I chose dr_evazan. I switched ISP's and had to pick another so I added 22 which is: birth date, fav #, the first letter of last name, and old address #.

Nice to meet you all!

Pendo
03-21-2002, 11:44 AM
Well my name comes from years back, from when I was a teenager. YES IT WAS MY NICKNAME IN SCHOOL!!!!
I know it's sad but I still use my nickname over the internet...

I'M MATURE ENOUGH NOT TO USE MY NICKNAME, HONEST!

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2002, 11:52 AM
I am a big Fett fan, and I must say that Jango has caught my interest big time. I am seeing where Boba comes from and where he gets his reputation and character, and it is Jango.
I used to go by Boba Fett on the net, but now Jango is takin over as my fav. Havent even seen him in action yet but I know it is gonna rock. Alot of my friends are starting to call me Jango and it is just seeming to stick as a nickname I guess.
The 96 is because I graduated high school in 1996.

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 11:57 AM
My name Jayspawn started in another website called McFarlaneGuide.com. I couldn't think of a name sho I used my first along with McFarlane's trademark character, Spawn.

Then I discovered SirSteves Guide and my Forum name just kinda moved on over. So here is am!

jeddah
03-21-2002, 12:00 PM
With the recent problems with the Middle East my name is quite unfortunate seeing as it is the Capital of Saudi Arabia, but if it is any consolation, it is the Western spelling (the correct spelling is Jiddah) and I like to use a small j for reasons of pretense ;)

In any case, it has been my stage name since 1994 and the sad thing is, I'm probably known more widely on the internet than the entertainment circuit :cry:

Oh well, one day....:greedy:

jeddah

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Aha! but how did you get the nickname, Pendo? Shortened form/variation of your real name?

And I always thought Jayspawn had a dad named Jay and hence...no I didn't.

I thought Jeddah was a lazy mangled form of Jedi. As in "jeddah massah yodah."

What a fun thread!

SirSteve
03-21-2002, 12:55 PM
Back in 1994 as I was signing up for Internet access, I needed a user name. Everything I told the Internet Service Provider person was taken. My little brother was over and I asked him to do something and he turned around and said, "Yes sir Steve!"

[ FLASH ]

I told the ISP, "Sir Steve" and since it all had to be 1 word, it was "SirSteve" and it was available.

There you have it...

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Well I like your name, SirSteve.
From one Steve to another.
I dont really need to explain mine anymore I dont think. :crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 01:03 PM
My dad's name is Steve, and my graddad's and his dad's and HIS dad's and so on and so forth. I was supposed to be Steve, but somehow I ended up being a Justin, but that's another story.

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2002, 01:11 PM
I shed the name of "Steven" a few years back. Whenever someone calls me Steven it makes me feel like a little kid. So I dropped the "n" and decided to go by Steve. It sounds more grown up I think.

Pendo
03-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Aha! but how did you get the nickname, Pendo? Shortened form/variation of your real name?

it is a shortened variation of my real name - Danny Pendleton.

:D

PENDO!

spacelord
03-21-2002, 01:55 PM
From the song by Monster Magnet, a personal favorite.

187-Maul
03-21-2002, 02:13 PM
well 187 is the number for murder that means murder(ed)-maul or just dead maul

jeddah
03-21-2002, 02:39 PM
If I was a boy, my parents were going to call me Stephen (with a 'ph' , not a v)

how stuhwange!

jeddah

stillakid
03-21-2002, 02:49 PM
I must've been under a rock when this thread first opened up.

In any case, I'm not sure I've grown up yet...at least that's what my wife...and my kids...tell me. I have more toys than the kids do. I knew it was bad when I had my son in the car one day and he asked where we were going. I told him that we were heading for Toys R Us. I'll never forget the look on his face when he looked up and asked, "For me?"

mabudonicus
03-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Yeah, this thread explains a lot!! My name is from the TV series the Urban Peasant. If you don't know it, it's a cooking show starring a real befuddled old guy named James Barber. He always makes up "facts" and "proper names" of things from other cultures, and mabudon is the misnomer of some "japanese" soup/casserole he cooked up.Woooooooooo!!!!
Now if only quite long would explain HIS moniker.......

vulcantouch
03-21-2002, 04:53 PM
. . .cuz i got Three settings: mind-meld, stun and kill :eek:
clarity, style & results indeed :cool:
vt

Dar' Argol
03-21-2002, 07:22 PM
OK, here it goes,

A few years ago I read a SW book by Timothy Zahn(no Dar' Argol is not a TZ character). I was so inamoured(sp) by his story that I, a VERY amature writer, decided to start on a SW book. NO remember, this is WWAAAAYYYYYY before anything for E2:AOTC came out. I developed a character, named Dar' Argol. He was a Jedi Padawan, on mission with his master on a planet way past the Outer Rim, somewhere in the uncharted area. His master was killed by an unknown assailent(sorry, my spelling is terrible. TG for spell check). He was stranded on this unkown planent, with little credits and no way back to the Temple. So, after many years of hitching rides here and there, he took his lightsaber, and the one belonging to his master, and trained himself to use two. He placed armor of sorts over his Jedi robes and covered his face. He became a Jedi Bounty Hunter. Only, he worked for people who had a grave mis-justice done to them, or to people who knew them. He was forever tempted by the darkside but his devotion to the Jedi teachings kept him on the light path. He is not a full jedi and he needs to learn much more in the Force. But, to me anyway, he was the perfect Bounty Hunter, one who walks with the Force, and tips on occation into the darkside. A Dual lightsaber weilding force for justice!

I still have not finished the book and because I have never written anything b/4 I highlydoubt GL will ever let me publish it. I don't even have the right connections for this. But its just enough for me to write it for myself and friends.

That is my name.(most of my friends call me hippy though)

Grif
03-22-2002, 01:32 PM
My last name is Griffin. So I just shortend it to Grif.

Dryanta
03-24-2002, 10:48 AM
Chewie and Chewbacca were taken.So I got the name from my only excursion into the EU.Dryanta was a good friend of Chewie's youth.There you have it

darth maul rat
03-24-2002, 02:20 PM
I was standing at a Big Lots about two years ago, back in the days when I wanted to be a figure customizer, looking at all the cheap figures, wondering what they could be turned into. They had a Splinter figure from the re-release of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line. I looked at it, wondering what I could do with it. Kevin Smith's movie Mall Rats went through my head, and then so did Darth Maul, and the two of them collided into Darth Maul Rat. I bought the figure and made a pretty good Darth Maul Rat. I then decided to make it a secondary account on AOL, but I was disappointed to find it was already taken. I didn't want to be Darth Maul Rat 89, so I gave up on it, pretty much disappointed that I was not quite as creative as I thought. Then, when I decided to start posting here, DMR came back to mind, and to make a short story long, here I am.

jw_bryant
03-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Jason William Bryant. I use Jason B on other forums now.

The Rubber Cat
03-30-2002, 05:32 PM
O ho! I am called The Rubber Cat for two reasons.

1. I am Rubber.
2. I am a Cat.

Now don't you feel silly? I was discovered on a post Christmas holiday clearance table for $.50 by a band of third shift malcontents at a 24 hour grocery store. Giving me a sing song voice, a biting, caustic wit, and "the evil eye" they began to torment early morning shoppers with cruel comments such as "You don't need those porkrinds, buddy! You need to head over to produce for some salad!" Any customer brave enough to stand up to me received "the evil eye" which looks more like a drunk Jack Elam or glass eyed Sandy Duncan than a truly threatening "evil eye". I would gleefully singsong a "Heh Hoo!" or a "Hoo hah!" at any unfortunate shoppers coming into my domain at 4:00 in the morning.

No one is safe from The Rubber Cat!

Beware! Bewa14. re! NNNGGGGG!

Pendo
03-30-2002, 05:34 PM
Where's the clue to your identity in your last post rubber cat?

PENDO!

Pendo
03-30-2002, 05:35 PM
I see, you add it after I've typed that post to make me look like an idiot...

PENDO!

jedihunter25
03-30-2002, 05:45 PM
I came up with the name jedihunter because every time I go online, I'm always hunting for new news on Star Wars. I came up with the 25 from my favorite hockey player's number, Darren McCarty from the Detroit Red Wings. I choosed the sandtrooper avatar because I have a real stormtrooper costume and I live in the desert.

The Rubber Cat
03-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Heh Hoo! Sorry Pendo Ol' chum! And please don't refer to me as "rubber cat". The Rubber Cat is The Rubber Cat. Not "A rubber cat" or "rubcat" or "rc"...

But 15. now you know the whole truth if you've checked your PM! Congratulations on your determinism and hard work! Hoo hah!

Pendo
03-31-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by The Rubber Cat
Heh Hoo! Sorry Pendo Ol' chum! And please don't refer to me as "rubber cat". The Rubber Cat is The Rubber Cat. Not "A rubber cat" or "rubcat" or "rc"...

But 15. now you know the whole truth if you've checked your PM! Congratulations on your determinism and hard work! Hoo hah!

Sorry about that, The Rubber Cat. Won't happen again.

Thanx for telling me what all that 'one letter in each post' stuff will mean. It saves me doing all the hard work :D!

PENDO!

2-1B
08-31-2002, 05:05 AM
There you go. I always thought "SithDroid" referred to Maul's little floating spy guys. And of coure we all assumed Bill had no imagination whatsoever.

Excellent stories, both of you!

Now where's icatch9, Caesar, Emperor Hwdy, Wolfwood, etc...?

I've never loved a dog more than Caesar, so last August I figured ''why not 'lower' myself to the level of a canine?"
And so I took his name, and wore it proudly. Then in April he passed on from this realm, so now I carry the name with pride in his honor.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My name never had anything to do with a sense of rule or tyranny.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 05:07 AM
hey, I';m a frigin rynobot but you don't see me cryin

Darth Nihilus
08-31-2002, 10:57 AM
Well I wanted something that sounded both like a Star Wars-themed nick and yet original. Originally I was working on deriving something from annihilation and came up with Nihilus. Also, a nihilist is an anti-authoritarian so it was perfect for someone who was choosing the Sith career path for this board. I also wanted something different from my nick on other boards - Pidgerii. So who wants an explanation on that one?:)

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 11:45 AM
I chose my name simply because I have excellent vision and am an outstanding pistol marksman. Sorry...no funny back story. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2002, 01:07 PM
My old screen name used to be Jabbajohnl - my name is John Lindquist, and Jabba and John start with J (duh). When the new forums came along, I changed it to Mr. Jabbajohnl, just for kicks. Now my screenname is Jangojohnl on everything but SSG and eBay, because of a lovely hacking incident. (Note to self - never use "THX1138" as a password!)

hango fett
08-31-2002, 02:23 PM
my name is hango fett because at the time when i started out on here, i liked jango alot...now i like yoda alot more and wish my name was yoda fett or yodaman!
h

rynobot
08-31-2002, 02:30 PM
how about Baby Yoda? :)

hango fett
08-31-2002, 02:33 PM
why baby?
???
h

rynobot
08-31-2002, 02:38 PM
Cause that would make you the next Yoda. :)

hango fett
08-31-2002, 02:43 PM
oh, ok! yeah! baby yoda!
cool!
h

2-1B
08-31-2002, 05:02 PM
Hango, I'm curious as to why you spell your name with an "H" ?
Is it just a variation on Jango? :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2002, 05:21 PM
Maybe, it's because J's right next to H on the keyboard???
Maybe???

rynobot
08-31-2002, 05:37 PM
It becuse Yoda had a duel in a hanger.

InsaneJediGirl
08-31-2002, 07:14 PM
The backround on my name is kinda borning,but here it goes:D

Insane-Back in 99',met a group of fellow RPGers(still in contact today!)Well,I used to come up with some really crazy stuff and goof around so I got called Insane a lot.

Jedi-In RPG I'm a Jedi Master(:D),So it was only fitting to carry the title of Jedi to SSG

Girl-No explanation needed.;)

My parents have even started calling me InsaneJediGirl!:crazed: So I guess it was a good choice for my SSG User Name.

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey...wait...I don't understand the "girl" part. :p :crazed:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-31-2002, 08:30 PM
I originally wanted to call myself ActionFigureBountyHunter, but that seemed too long. Then I realized I myself was a "bounty hunter" of action figures. Preferrably ones made by Hasbro.

BTW, the day I get my hands on a Jorg Sacul figure I'll do my best Boba Fett inpersonation and say, "Place Commander Sacul into the cargo hold... I mean the back seat."

Old Fossil
08-31-2002, 09:52 PM
One of my great passions in life, aside from Star Wars figure collecting (now seriously on the wane), is Montana. I love just about anything to do with the place. I've only been there a couple of times, but it left a huge impression on me. The people were great, the scenery was enough to feed my spirit for years. I'm very much a loner, and a lover of peace and quiet, so it was wonderful to be able to hike out in the Glacier country and not hear or see another human being for three days.

Anyway, there is a town up there called Two Dot. I don't know how it got its name, but there was a country song years ago with the line 'I'm a Two Dot Montanan, and I don't give a damn.' I decided that I could combine those two interests of mine and express it in my name on the Forums here.

My old name was 'oldfossil.' I lost all my old posts and my ability to re-register under that name after I overhauled my system earlier this year.

jjreason
08-31-2002, 11:08 PM
jjreason - jim and jodi reason, my wife and I. Taken directly from my private email address and matching ebay id. Borrrrrrrrring.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
jjreason - jim and jodi reason, my wife and I. Taken directly from my private email address and matching ebay id. Borrrrrrrrring.

it maybe boring but it still makes a good, orginal name. :)

Darth Vellner
09-01-2002, 02:43 AM
*DARTH VELLNER*
My last name is: Vellner
Almost sounds like: Vader

so I added "Darth" to make it : "Darth Vellner"

****LAME****

Big Chewie
09-01-2002, 04:04 AM
Mine is easy!
Big - I'm a rather large individual
Chewie - My favorite SW character

All my firends call me Big A so it wasnt a big leap to Big Chewie

KingOfSting
09-01-2002, 04:30 AM
i got mine from the shirt that Shane McMahon (for any of you who watch wrestling) wore at Summerslam 2000 in his hardcore match with Steve Blackman...the name King of Sting stood out and i decided to use it as my sn and then my SSG username

Big Chewie
09-01-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
i got mine from the shirt that Shane McMahon (for any of you who watch wrestling) wore at Summerslam 2000 in his hardcore match with Steve Blackman...

Oh the good 'ol days when wrestling was the WWF and not what it has become.

Big Chewie

rynobot
09-01-2002, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Big Chewie

Oh the good 'ol days when wrestling was the WWF and not what it has become.

Big Chewie

The days before you realized what the heck am I watching this for? :)

Big Chewie
09-01-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by rynobot

The days before you realized what the heck am I watching this for? :)

Yep those are them!
The days before I realized alot of things!

Big Chewie

Eternal Padawan
09-01-2002, 11:15 AM
The origin of the Eternal Padawan:

In another time, I was Rollo Tomassi (yes, the same one what started this heah thread in fact). In the old forums, there was a glitch that prevented anyone who joined after a certain date from getting ANY of their posts counted. Since the first level of the ranking system was Padawan (and not Moisture Farmer, thank the maker) and since no matter how many times you posted, the counter would read as ZERO, those of us who came in late, would be padawans...eternally. What started out as a gripe, eventually would become a badge of honor amongst the old guard...

Fast Forward to August, 2K1. SirSteve decides to fix the glitch...by starting a whole new forum! I was away that day, and when I came back...SOMEBODY HAD STOLEN MY USERNAME! :mad: (see? I told it was a different story in the first post...this is that story!). I had to think of another one quick, so as to expose the duplicity of the impostor. At first I chose Rollo T. but it quickly became confusing as to whether people were responding to me or to the usurper's posts, so I chose a name that had a history here at SSG: The Eternal Padawan!

Eventually, my Username was rightfully restored and I set aside the EP moniker. Until I reached a landmark 2000 posts with Rollo (except now it's only 1999 posts...but that's yet ANOTHER tale to be told, and not all the facts are in on that one) and then signed off (to go to work!) with a farewell post. Everybody thought I was leaving permanently! I decided to go with the misconstruance and resurrected Eternal Padawan. For awhile, I kept up the ruse that EP and RT were two different people, but you guys are too sharp, so I came clean.

Eventually, Rollo was banned due to the Multiple username fracas..and so the myth and legend grows! So now you know the whole sordid tale. Now go away.

ROLLO!
P.S. That's why I close every post with ROLLO! now. It's a riff on Pendo's PENDO! and is sort of an honorarium for Rollo's "banned" status.

Turbowars
09-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Well, my name comes from two of my most loved things. Turbo is my dogs nick name. He runs around the back yard like a rocket. Wars is from StarWars and you get the one and only Turbowars!

jedi_uk73
09-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Oh well, my turn.

Jedi _ The best side to be on in Star Wars (usually)

UK _ Where I'm from

73 _ Year of my birth 1973

Hence Jedi_uk73 :D :D :D

Thing is though !!! Why use jedi name and use Boba's Shoulder Symbol ??

It's just that I like that pic, and no-one else uses it (from what I've seen)

Prince Xizor
09-01-2002, 03:30 PM
My name is pretty simple, Prince Xizor (from Shadows of The Empire) is my favorite EU Character.

That's All. Yeah.....

JON9000
09-01-2002, 03:33 PM
My name is an amalgamation of Jonathan and HAL9000, the murderous computer from 2001. Trivia for all of you. The HAL9000 "eye" appears indirectly in TPM. Any idea where it might be?

Master Goeweins
09-09-2002, 01:47 AM
Well, mine is NOT from my last name, as a couple people have thought.
Goeweins- pronounced "goings."
It is my name for all things that I do or use, ebay or such...
I created it so that when I am reading my favorite poet, E.E. Cummings, I am coming and going.

Dosn't make sense? My girlfriend laughed... and that's points to me!

Oh and the Master is because I like the Jedi.... duh....

mini-rock
09-09-2002, 02:50 AM
A friend of mine gave me the name. He is into the WWF and loves The Rock, and since people think I look like The Rock (I don't think I do) he gave me the name. It was right about the time Austin Powers 2 came out so just like mini me, mini rock. I think The Rock is like 6'3" 270lbs @ 11% body fat and I'm 5'7" 200lbs @ 9% body fat. There it is. :)

The Overlord Returns
09-09-2002, 12:53 PM
well....

The name I use was originally Overlord of the Sith. Back in the day I was a major poster with a few thousand posts under my belt. Then I took a huge break from sw, and when I returned, bam! new forums and my old login was gone.

So.....

The Overlord returns seemed appropriate. Atleast a good way to let the people who knew me before know who it was now...

It also sounds like a film sequel title....which is always sort o' nifty.

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 01:20 PM
Well, like Rollo/EP, I had a second username, Wooooof, which I originally started as a new identity as I was planning to abandon the bigbarada name (I just thought Wooooof sounded much more clever:rolleyes: ). For a while I kind of waffled back and forth as to which username I liked better. However, I kind of forgot about the Wooooof username for a while and reached 2000 posts and, like Rollo, I planned to retire bigb and continue on as Wooooof. What I didn't count on was that I had made a lot of friends here who only knew me as bigbarada and, under the name Wooooof, I felt like Jimmy Stewart in "It's A Wonderful Life" (y'know, you're in a room full of your closest friends and none of them recognize you). That creeped me out, so I went back to bigb and stuck with it. Wooooof has been banned recently, so I guess bigb is here to stay.:)

Of course, I would drop hints everywhere and it's a good thing that the dual account policy wasn't as strongly enforced back then or both of my accounts would've been banned a long time ago.:eek:

Patient Zero
09-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Well this was a surprisingly interesting read!

I once had two miniture venus flytraps that I called Jonna and Kya. But since I am so anal about keeping a clean house they never got any juicy bugs and died. A sad, sad story.

Nexu
09-09-2002, 01:53 PM
Jason B is my name. Nexu is in the movie. 'Nuff said. :)

Captain Trips
09-09-2002, 01:55 PM
My first, middle, and last names all start with the letter "J", and as a result, a couple of my friends dubbed my "Trip J", or "Trips."

In Stephen King's amazing novel "The Stand," the superflu that wipes out nearly all of humanity is often referred to as Captain Trips. I thought it would be an interesting double meaning.

Jacen Solo
09-09-2002, 10:07 PM
I like Jacen Solo, hes cool and we look alike, and are alike, with corny jokes

MikeAndTheBots
09-09-2002, 10:28 PM
skipping all the pages....

From mst3k.

TylerD
09-10-2002, 08:28 PM
My name is Tyler Davis, hence the user name...

Yeah I know....pretty damn original, right? ;)

Bobajames
09-10-2002, 10:31 PM
my name is like a mixture of Boba Fett and my real name, which i will leave unsaid. See, the simplicity of the name that i choose is a statement into my personality... no i am not simple minded. i am just a simple guy. all i want is a good movie, a good girl, and a toy (and maybe a hamburger or something). But you see, this name is me and- oh wait i've gone and said too many things that don't make sense. sorry

scruffziller
10-12-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Well, like Rollo/EP, I had a second username, Wooooof, which I originally started as a new identity as I was planning to abandon the bigbarada name (I just thought Wooooof sounded much more clever:rolleyes: ). For a while I kind of waffled back and forth as to which username I liked better. However, I kind of forgot about the Wooooof username for a while and reached 2000 posts and, like Rollo, I planned to retire bigb and continue on as Wooooof. What I didn't count on was that I had made a lot of friends here who only knew me as bigbarada and, under the name Wooooof, I felt like Jimmy Stewart in "It's A Wonderful Life" (y'know, you're in a room full of your closest friends and none of them recognize you). That creeped me out, so I went back to bigb and stuck with it. Wooooof has been banned recently, so I guess bigb is here to stay.:)

Of course, I would drop hints everywhere and it's a good thing that the dual account policy wasn't as strongly enforced back then or both of my accounts would've been banned a long time ago.:eek:

Ehhhhhhhhh.............. so that was you............:evil:

Bobajames
10-12-2002, 12:44 PM
i had to put my name into star wars.... i tried various other things- luke jameswalker, jabba the james, james solo, princessjames, r2james2- but none of those seemed to work quite as well as BobaJames

James Boba Fettfield
10-12-2002, 02:10 PM
James Hetfield+Boba Fett=my user name.

Jedi Master Silas
10-15-2002, 12:35 AM
A companion piece to 'Explain your signature line" where we make others less confused about the obscure references attributed to our UserNames. I'll start.

My name comes from the movie L.A. Confidential. There is a scene where Sgt. Ed Exely (Guy Pearce) is telling Sgt. Jack Vincennes (Kevin Spacey) about the thug who killed his police hero father in the line of duty. They never caught the guy that did it, so Exely made up the name Rollo Tomassi "to give the guy a personality." The name actually becomes integral in catching the villians of the movie later on. I like that movie (I thought it should have won Best Picture that year instead of Titanic) and I like the way Rollo Tomassi rolls off the tongue. Apparently somebody else liked the name, too, because when we started the new forums SOME CRACKER:mad: stole my name and I had to go by another for awhile. But that's another story...:D

Oops I didnt mean to quote you..LOL...sorry

Darth Jax
04-20-2003, 12:38 AM
time to revive this thread for some of us new users.

when it was possible to be of the sith persuasion it made sense to have Darth in one's name. Terry Brooks is my fave author, the shannara books are incredible. Garret Jax is a minor character in one book which i borrowed to form my username.

bobafrett
04-20-2003, 01:29 AM
Thanks Darh Jax for reviving this! My user name came a long time ago, when I was trying to come up with a name for some Star Wars site. I wanted Bobafett, but it was already taken my another member. Since I worry and "frett" to much, I thought bobafrett sounded good, and.......it wasn't taken. I use it for part of my e-mail addy!

Sentinel18725
04-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Well, mine is from my job. I work for a fire department and I always kind of consider us sentinels, not fully in the classic sense. We are silent until we are needed to help or protect someone. The number, is my assigned department number. IE File number. I picked the picture because the royal guards are silent and definately protective.

I know it's a little sappy, but it works for me.

The 'Xir
04-20-2003, 02:53 AM
Sorry! Just can't divulge that info! I'd say I'd have to kill'ya if I did, but that would be too 80's!
My name means many things, it's actually an abbreviation of an actual word/prhase, but that's all I'm willing to say! It is rooted in arabic, translated in latin, and adopted in eniglish, and is not a totally uncommon word but; it's meaning is so much more than a simple word! It's a notion, an action, a belief, an idea, a possible future, really it's what ever you want it, or me to be! I am The 'Xir! ;)

Tonysmo
04-20-2003, 05:39 AM
Tonysmo.. simple. yet sooooooo deep. You see, I took the appendage at the end of ones foot (toe) I then went a step further and added the bendable spot on ones leg to it ( Knee )
while toeknee is abit ubsurd to write out, I thought the best way to make it "PC" if you will is to make it - Tony... as for the SMO part, one could easily assume I just added st louis mo in a shortend version... but ah ah ah - that isnt so.. oh no... see, SMO, while not anything mystical or magical is a special part of my school days - it goes back to when doodling in school wasnt just scribble.. it was an art.. and SMO was a character I drew on everthing.. ( and if you arent looking.. I still do .. )

so there you have it.. Tonysmo... if you take the time to break it down to its binary form... its all 1's and 0's....

DarthChuckMc
04-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Darth because I'm a fan of all that is SITH.
Chuck because my first name is Charles and I prefer Chuck.
and Mc because my last name is McMenamin.

Pretty simple I suppose, not much thought into it really.

Kidhuman
04-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Okay. I bought a golf video game foir playstation. I think it was Fox Golf. When you had to put in your name for your character the default name was AMA-Human(amature human). I would always just put kid for a name, something easy you know. So I typed it kid and my friend Tommy started laughing hysterically. So the birth of kidhuman was born. Oh yeah we wwere goofy on the wacky tobaccy at the time.

LusiferSam
04-20-2003, 12:32 PM
Lucifer Sam is the name of a Pink Floyd song, from they're first album. I started putting the name in my high school text books to screw with people later on. One day I misspelled it with a 's' rather then a 'c' and liked how it looked.

kool-aid killer
04-20-2003, 01:05 PM
I am the kool-aid killer because i drink a lot of Kool Aid. Among my favorite flavors are Fruit Punch, Black Cherry, and the kind that changes color when its stirred and it tastes like Watermelon. I like all of them except for Grape. Its something odd and in a sense i (at least in my opinion) think it stands out a bit.

Darth Jax
04-20-2003, 10:11 PM
k-ak, i'd just assumed you had an affinity for jim jones and the poison punch group. guess i shouldn't make assumptions.

PoggleTheGreater
04-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Mine is a play on words -- Poggle the Lesser/PoggleTheGreater, get it? :D My original name fastalbert was my eBay name. I used that name because my dad told me just to use his AOL name when I first signed up on eBay a long time ago, and since my name is also Albert, I kept the username.
I was f@$+albert for a while because of one of the software updates a few years ago.

QLD
04-20-2003, 11:53 PM
I can't even explain mine.

Turbowars
04-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Oh come on, Just tell us the truth, you have Lando in your pants. No wonder we haven't seen Billy Dee in a while.:crazed:

DarthBrandon
04-21-2003, 12:05 AM
After my son.

Darth Jax
04-21-2003, 11:40 PM
while Lando In My Pants may not have a lot of sense to the actual name, the reasoning seemed solid at the time.

seth_quinn
04-22-2003, 01:23 AM
I'm seth green and pat quinn's love child.

Kidhuman
04-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
I can't even explain mine.

It will remain an enigma just like you:D :D :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Dr Zoltar
04-22-2003, 01:38 PM
1) The name of a villain in one of those '50's black and white serials. I think Flash Gordon, but I'm not sure.

2) Zoltar is the name of the fortune teller machine in the movie "Big".

I am Jabba the Hutt
04-22-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm called "I am Jabba the Hutt" cause I look like him minus my clothes :(

kool-aid killer
05-09-2003, 11:42 AM
I am Jabba the Hutt, thats funny!

Exhaust Port
05-09-2003, 12:24 PM
No particular reason for mine. I wanted something SW related so I could remember so I could seperate it from the other user names I use on different Forums. In the 30 seconds I took thinking up a name I thought of the climatic battle in the first movie looking for inspiration. For what ever reason the one image that stuck in my mind was the damn exhaust port. Good enough, and that is what my name became. It's pretty stupid but I fear change so it's stuck like that.

plasticfetish
05-12-2003, 02:05 AM
Main Entry: 2plastic
Function: noun
Date: 1905
1 : a plastic substance; specifically : any of numerous organic synthetic or processed materials that are mostly thermoplastic or thermosetting polymers of high molecular weight and that can be made into objects, films, or filaments

Main Entry: feˇtish
Function: noun
Date: 1613
1 a : an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence b : an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : PREPOSSESSION
2 : a rite or cult of fetish worshipers
3 : FIXATION

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 01:25 PM
My sis IJG made my name up.

Porcelina
05-12-2003, 11:23 PM
mine's obvious to all the pumpkins fans out there :)

(to those who are not fans: shame on you! oh yeah, and porcelina is a pumpkins song)

Turbowars
05-12-2003, 11:35 PM
yeah to bad he dropped the rest of his band, so he could collect all the cash. Why did he bother? It reminds me of the Smiths.

Porcelina
05-12-2003, 11:40 PM
yeah, yeah, but all great rockstars are arseholes! that's what makes them icons ;) as long as the good tunes keep on coming, i'm happy!

jjreason
05-13-2003, 12:20 AM
I was listening to Siamese Dream in the car today. Hummer might be my favourite song of the 90's, heck maybe ever. Wicked.

Porcelina
05-16-2003, 12:01 AM
mmm... siamese dream.... *drool*

thanks for the idea ;)

jjreason
05-16-2003, 11:31 AM
My pleasure! I hadn't heard it for awhile, and Im happy to report that it stands up just fine.

Rocketboy
07-25-2004, 10:24 PM
There are a lot of cool and unique SNs here at SSG (as well as all over the internet), some are pretty obvious as to their origins (especially the Star Wars ones), some are not so obvious.

So, where did you yours come from and/or how did you decide on it?

Mine name for example, comes from a song called "Mockingbird Girl" by the Magnificent Bastards, a side project of Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver. The song originally came out on the soundtrack to the movie Tank Girl (Scott later remade the song for his solo album).

Hey hey rocket boy
Gotta lotta life behind you
Hey hey mockingbird girl
Gotta fly don't let him hold you
It never really had any special significance, I just really liked the song and by the time I got online, it was one of the first names that popped into my head that I liked. I tend to use it on the few message boards I visit.
Someone beat me to it on AIM though, which still bugs me. Oh well.

Kidhuman
07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Check this one out rocketboy

:beard: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=2306&highlight)

Val Da Car
07-25-2004, 11:12 PM
someone pointed out to me that you can make your own Star Wars name by doing the following

1st Syllable of the Last Name
1st Syllable of your First Name
Name of First Car you owned..

Try it...

Yes I did buy a Le Car (don't even ask)....Green, 4dr POS, with a fabric sunroof....it cooked head gaskets like eggs & bacon on a Saturday Morning

I had a buddie that would fix it for 24pk of beer & parts but after the first time with a few problems I reminded myself to give the beer afterwards!!!

Val Da Car
07-25-2004, 11:19 PM
someone pointed out to me that you can make your own Star Wars name by doing the following

1st Syllable of the Last Name
1st Syllable of your First Name
Name of First Car you owned..

Try it...

Yes I did buy a Le Car (don't even ask ok..I lived in Kenosha, WI butt end of the state and American Motors was the big car maker there and then they were bought by Renault so Le Car popped up like Jelly Belly candies..so there)....Green, 4dr POS, with a fabric sunroof....it cooked head gaskets like eggs & bacon on a Saturday Morning

I had a buddie that would fix it for 24pk of beer & parts but after the first time with a few problems I reminded myself to give the beer afterwards!!!

Exhaust Port
07-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Wow, reading through that old thread was a big blast from the past of forum members. Some have left and others were banned while others have stayed the same.

mabudonicus
07-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Vive renault le Car

That is too funny, man, I always thought your name was from the EU :beard:

Now I gotta go figure out what the french name for it was, somehow it is even goofier IIRC

Rocketboy
07-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Check this one out rocketboy

:beard: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=2306&highlight)Ah jeez, I feel dumb. I didn't even think to search for a topic.
Oops! :D

Just proves that there is still some newbie left in me.

B_C
07-26-2004, 09:30 AM
well I chose mine because of the statue in the Kevin Smith film Dogma. Here (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/jsbstash/budchrisdass1.html) is a link to the fella himself.

Val Da Car
07-26-2004, 06:59 PM
That is too funny, man, I always thought your name was from the EU :beard:

Now I gotta go figure out what the french name for it was, somehow it is even goofier IIRC

I will NOT change my name to Renault

lol

Bosskman
07-26-2004, 08:03 PM
I never even saw this thread until now.

My username isn't hard to figure out. I was always sorta partial to Bossk, so I picked it as my username. "Bossk" was already taken so I needed something else. Back in 97 I used to got to bars an aweful lot more than I do now. (Like everynight as opposed to a couple of times a month. A guy from my high school who I hadn't seen in a few years was workin as a bouncer at one of the rat holes uptown. His last name was Bosse. (Actually it's supposed to be pronounced "bossay", but most french people in Saint John aren't capable of pronouncing their own names because they don't speak french) In high school we used to call him bossman. Anyways, that night me and some of my buddies from high school were talking about seeing ol bossman and how he thinks he's all tough and bad now that he's a bouncer. That conversation got into my head an old theme song from WWF for the Big Boss Man, a wrestler who I had'nt thought of in years. That song was in my head for weeks. When I tied to register as "Bossk" and it wouldn't let me, I was trying to think up something with "Bossk" in it. The Big Boss Man song was stuck in my head, 2 and 2 were put together, and Bosskman was born. Not very exciting, I know.

Kidhuman
07-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Not exciting but funny as hell Bosskman

Bobby Fett
07-26-2004, 11:10 PM
My screen name is obvious:

Darth Vader is my favorite character and my real first name isn't Bobby.

See? :D

CaptainSolo1138
07-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Han Solo is my favorite character and ESB is my favorite SW movie. Han's rank in ESB? Captain. The 1138 is a pretty obvious reference. Thanks to rocketboy for mostly coming up with the name :D

sergiurusu
07-27-2004, 05:18 AM
sergiurusu is my name and also my nickname/username. On other SW forums you can find me as jkno or Sergiu

ROTJLuke
07-27-2004, 08:00 AM
My name basically comes from my favorite character in StarWars, along with my favorite figure in StarWars. ROTJLuke is my all time favorite version of Luke, and hes my favorite character from the StarWars trilogy. So, yea, nice and simple.

evenflow
07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Well I was a big fan of wrestling and Raven, so his finishing move was the Evenflow.

JediTricks
07-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Well I was a big fan of wrestling and Raven, so his finishing move was the Evenflow.
You know, I had wondered about the origin of your username. Thanks for the 411. :)

Bosskman
07-27-2004, 08:36 PM
I always thought you were named after the baby bottles.

Kyle Katarn
07-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Mine's obvious, it's cause Kyle is my favorite EU character and also cause I like the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Series.

mm74md
07-29-2004, 01:50 PM
mm - initials
74 - year i was born
md - state i live in

simple enough

Ji'dai
07-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Jidai is a Japanese word that means era, epoch, or period. I read somewhere that Lucas derived the word Jedi from "Jidai Geki" which is a Japanese period drama set in the time of the samurai.

arctangent
07-30-2004, 08:55 AM
i have no idea whether i have already contributed to this thread or not, so forgive me if i already have.

my username is taken from the title of the third album by an obscure british metal band called Earthtone9. they are/were one of my favourite bands. monumentally heavy one moment (grind and click), very gentle another (amnesia). a very inventive (ni9e/yellow fever) who should have set the world on fire but unfortunately joined the list of great bands (such as warrior soul and the god machine) never to fullfil their potential and split. :cry: .

however, they live on in my screen name, which is nothing at all to do with mathematics.

Slicker
11-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Yes I know that this has been dorment for several months but I've been wondering about some peoples user names and was almost gonna start a new thread until I saw this one.

Here goes with mine. It started at my old place of work. My name is Nick which rhymes with a part of the body, so it started out Nick the D***. Then it got upgraded to Slick Nick has no D***. And through natural progression it just got shortened down to Slicker.

Kidhuman
11-30-2004, 10:26 PM
This is a great thread. Who were ya wondering about?

Slicker
11-30-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't recall seeing Tycho, JediPartnr, Deoxy, Lord Malakite, or aceguide right off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some new people like myself that never saw this thread and I like trying to pry into the minds of people that I don't even know. You can learn alot about people on the internet by there user names and sig lines.

scruffziller
12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I could have sworn I was on here somehwhere but if not I should explain mine.

I used to work at a full-service meat market in which you could have no facial hair. Since my :beard: grows slowly, I wouldn't shave for about 4 days. Sometimes I would forget after the 4th day. The guys at the place would say. "You're lookin' kinda scruffy!":D Also, since I was a big dude they started calling me Slabzilla which was a merging of Godzilla and a reference to a huge SLAB of bacon.lol
Then they cut it down/morphed it to just ZILLER. So I took the 2 references and came up with SCRUFF-ZILLER. Even to this day when I go in there to get some meat they say, "What's up Ziller!!!"

hango fett
12-01-2004, 03:01 PM
when i registered here with my hango fett name, it was because i thought jango fett looked very cool, which he still does, but he's dead now...so if i could change it i would. it would be vader101
HF

chrisc
12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
My name chrisc = Christopher Carter

sith_killer_99
01-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I thought it might be fun to discuss the origins of user names here. Special significance, how you came up with it, etc.

Originally I wanted something along the lines of Obi-Wan, but when I looked online I noticed a lot of variations on Obi-Wan. Then I got to thinking, I wanted something with a more menacing sound to it. Then I thought, Obi-Wan the great sith killer. TPM was released in 1999 and Obi-Wan was the only Jedi in the film to slay a Sith.

Hence, Obi-Wan the great sith killer of 1999, or sith_killer_99. Did I over think it? :crazed:

JEDIpartner
01-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Mine's simple... I love the Jedi, a few close spiritual buddies refer to me as "the Jedi" and I am a partnered gay man... "JEDIpartnr". :)

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Mine is also simple. I love Jabba's Palace, especially the in-house band, and I also love to play guitar, making it Rebo's Guitarist.:)

CaptainSolo1138
01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
My favorite character is Han, and since I usually use numbers in all of my user names, I thought their were none better than 1138.

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Mine is a variation of my AOL and Hotmail name: DVDGuy0498. I was an early bandwagoner for DVD. I bought my first player in April of 1998 (0498). When I joined the forums, I merely swapped DVDGuy for Sith Lord because my favorite group has always been the Sith.

Rocketboy
01-17-2005, 03:15 PM
We already have a topic (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=361338&highlight=explain#post361338) on this.
(I did the same thing back in July :D)

Mine name for example, comes from a song called "Mockingbird Girl" by the Magnificent Bastards, a side project of Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver. The song originally came out on the soundtrack to the movie Tank Girl (Scott later remade the song for his solo album).

Hey hey rocket boy
Gotta lotta life behind you
Hey hey mockingbird girl
Gotta fly don't let him hold you

It never really had any special significance, I just really liked the song and by the time I got online, it was one of the first names that popped into my head that I liked. I tend to use it on the few message boards I visit.

Slicker
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Let's see here. My name's Nick so at work it started out as Slick Nick. Then it moved on to Slick Nick has no d**k. And somehow degraded/upgraded, depending on the point of view, into Slicker.

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 04:59 PM
No particular reason for mine. I wanted something SW related so I could remember so I could seperate it from the other user names I use on different Forums. In the 30 seconds I took thinking up a name I thought of the climatic battle in the first movie looking for inspiration. For what ever reason the one image that stuck in my mind was the damn exhaust port. Good enough, and that is what my name became. It's pretty stupid but I fear change so it's stuck like that.

That's my response to the above thread almost 2 years ago.

I still think that my name is pretty stupid but what can you do. I also like to point out that I'm still championing my original Avatar during my stay at SSG. Talk about fearing change. :)

edit: I got my Avatar by taking a screen grab off the StarWars.com encyclopedia entry for the Exhaust Port (I think that's what it was).

JON9000
01-17-2005, 06:59 PM
I sense a thread merge in the near future. Man, that thread got huge. I always had an affinity for the fatally flawed 9000 series computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey. As the years roll on, it needs explaining more and more.

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 09:09 PM
"What are you doing Dave?"

The 'Xir
01-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Sorry! Just can't divulge that info! I'd say I'd have to kill'ya if I did, but that would be too 80's!
My name means many things, it's actually an abbreviation of an actual word/prhase, but that's all I'm willing to say! It is rooted in arabic, translated in latin, and adopted in eniglish, and is not a totally uncommon word but; it's meaning is so much more than a simple word! It's a notion, an action, a belief, an idea, a possible future, really it's what ever you want it, or me to be! I am The 'Xir! ;)

Yeah looking back at my response to this thread so many moons ago, I realized what A freakin' dork I am! :stupid: :D But I also realized I never really explained how I got my name!

Well the fact that it means many things still holds true! It is an actual english word that is cut in half.(that I'll still leave people to guess on if they want, Dr. Evazan got it quicker than most, PM me if you think you know it(just cause I'm quirky like that, and I don't want alot of people to know it, I don't know why!)). It's also the basis of A story Idea(for a novel/concept albumn) I have in my head and that I've only been able to write in a rough outline form. I guess it could have some deep meaning like I goofily explained above, but only if you want it to!
However, I have always been one to play with words(and people's minds) and their meanings and always have catch phrases that I use! An example on the more simple side, If someone tells me to do something I'll usually tell'em "No!", but then proceed to do it anyways!(which I learned actually backfired on me, because it sunk into peoples minds that I never did anything for them(so I stopped doing that one!) "AWWW YEAH", and "It's a beautiful thing!"(Blimpies stole this from me!) ;) are just some examples of my everyday catch phrases. Stupid I know! However, one day I thought I'd see if I could devalue the prestige or emphasis of some words and so one of them I did which ended up being the most successful(in my wacky experiment) was the word Sir!(it always seemed so uptight). So I started calling every guy from the ages of 2 to 102 "Sir" when I ran into them! (like, "what's up Sir?"). Eventually, this caught on among my circle of friends and soon I became known as "The Sir". Now when I walk into a room I get a call from the peanut gallery, "SSIIIIIRRRR" kinda like Norm when he walks into 'Cheers"! So the word went from being extremely formal to as casual as(hey what's up...?).
Well, because of my mystery word above :rolleyes: , and the fact that I started to be called 'The Sir', way back when our generation was first labeled as the X-Generation, I decided to switch the S for an X. It just so happened to work out as a name for this Forum too, because I didn't want people to think that I was copying SirSteve! ;) :p Also alot of people when they see the name pronounce it The Zir, but no you can just call me The 'Xir! :classic:

2-1B
01-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey The 'Xir, given the way you like to overuse ! exclamation points, I'm surprised your name isn't "The 'Xir!" ;)

:Ogre:

mabudonicus
01-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Hey The 'Xir, given the way you like to overuse ! exclamation points, I'm surprised your name isn't "The 'Xir!"
Take care, The 'Xir!!!

darthvyn
01-22-2005, 02:08 PM
my name is vyn, and i'm a huge dork who thinks he's cool, so i added "darth" to it.

man i thought that explanation was going to be as lengthy as the 'xir's...

i'm also obsessed with both star wars and knight rider. that explains something else.

dr_evazan22
01-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Take care, The 'Xir!!!

LOL! That's so funny!

What's up 'Xir?!

The 'Xir
01-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey The 'Xir, given the way you like to overuse ! exclamation points, I'm surprised your name isn't "The 'Xir!" ;)

:Ogre:

Yep, that's just like my catch phrases, If I get hooked on something, I tend to overuse it!!! It's! Just! Something! I!! Can't! Control!!!, or atleast half the time I don't even realize I'm doing!!!! j/k
I do some impressions too, and It's the same way, I'll get hooked on whatever is popular and I can't let it go. I remember I used to drive people nuts, with Ren&Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead impressions!
I think I get it from my mom, 'cuase when she tells a story, every other word out of her mouth , is either, "He says/He said", "She says/she said"
"She then says to me...then she said...and ontop of it she says... :rolleyes: Family genes? Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! :D

DarthQuack
01-22-2005, 09:59 PM
DarthQuack....

Darth I'm sure all of you can figure out.

Now the Quack.....

Well Quack refers to part of my last name, Quackenbush.

Take it for what you will :)

Tycho
06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm Tycho.

For Tycho Celchu, Rogue Squadron's First Officer.

When the internet first came online, and we were told we could look up anything we wanted - I looked up Star Wars when everyone else searched for porn.

I found the JediNet boards and met SirSteve back then (1995!). I didn't want to post with my real name, though I thought about it. I decided I didn't want an internet search to reveal I still played with toys for 4 year olds when I was supposed to be turning into a young adult who longed for a fulfilling political career.

So I decided to hide behind a screen-name and Han Solo, Darth Vader, or Obi-Wan Kenobi were already taken. My familiarity with the expanded universe came in handy and I snatched up "Tycho" on several major Star Wars fan sites and here I am.

I turned Tycho into an institution (or someone that should be insitutionalized).

TeeEye7
06-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Pardon me while I cut and paste. I just posted this for Tycho in another thread yesterday, so I thought I bring it here where it belongs:

"TeeEye7" is inspired by a couple of things. First, TI7 is my radio call sign at work. It's basically my identity at work, so I'm used to being called that. The TI comes from the unit I work in: Technical Investigations. It's an archaic term now in law enforcement ever since the television show CSI and its clones have become popular. Now, crime scene units have embraced the CSI carp and have adopted the name, but I'm a traditionalist and prefer the old title. My job title is: technical investigator. The second inspiration is that my call sign always reminds me of SW droids (such as FX-7, R2, C3PO, etc.). I thought it would be an appropriate name here at SSG. Also, I've spelled out the Tee Eye as a slight to G.Lu & Co. I hate it when R2-D2 and C-3PO's names are rendered to "Artoo" and "Threepio" in print. I've always preferred the alpha/numeric look to their names instead of the attempt to humanize them. It's my little "in your face" protest.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Goin' prospectin' agin!
We covered this before, but I love nostalgia! It's like, like... a time I once remembered...

I am a big fan of philosophy, mythology, psychology, religion, and other "ologies." Someone who George Lucas used as a resource and influence for his "The Star Wars" story was Joseph Campbell, one of the world's most-trusted and knowledgable experts on such subjects. Sadly, at the world's and SW fans' expense, he died a few yers back. Taking the hyphenated Jedi Knight name theme, I changed the order of the names to come up with: Cam-Eph Be. No! Bel-Cam Jos. Tah dah!The original post included... a link to the Old Forums! :yes: But before you get all-OMG about it, it's just like Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, chivalry, the dodo, and a phone with a useless battery. Dead. :dead:

Add in the fact that I was looking for a Jedi name for my Jedi costume (see my never-changed avatar at left :rolleyes: ), and that's the explanation for my username. And I use-rname it all the time!

Neuroleptic
06-30-2008, 12:42 AM
A neuroleptic is the word used to describe the classification of antipsychotic drugs. I dispence several of them in the dementia unit I work in to keep the residents somewhat on the right side of crazy.

It is also latin for 'To get ahold of ones mind'.

I picked it because I wanted a screen name that was unique, sounded cool, and had something to do with my job.

Tycho
06-30-2008, 02:58 AM
Oh Neuroleptic could I ever use some of those drugs! Dispense all you want to me. I'm insane! See what happens! Wait: first let me put on my Batman costume. OK - now I'm ready.

By the way, do you have any loaded firearms I could borrow temporarily?

Neuroleptic
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Yes, my dear Tycho, I have just the thing!

In one hand, I hold the blue pill. In the other I hold the red pill. Take one, and you get to find out how deep the rabbit hole gose. Take the other, and you wake up and belive whatever you want to belive.

Some days, both of those are preaty darn nice when you stop and think about it! Choose wisely!

mabudonicus
06-30-2008, 11:34 AM
well, since the olden days of mabudon, there was that big disruption- since eveyone I know online pretty much actually calls me mabs to my face I kept the spirit of it, but when the option to change usernames was offered I felt that an evolutionary step was warranted, and after posting a few suggestions Jargo said that "mabudonicus" sounded like some kind of beefy animal I couldn't resist adopting the new moniker
:beard: Iso&Baws
Tho the root word is as meaningless as it always was :)

2-1B
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I was in Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, and an episode of Droids.

Tycho
06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I was in Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, and an episode of Droids.

I saw your performance. I really liked it when you said "Take care, Sir."

That was a great line!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Was that you in those SW:Insider columns, too?

2-1B
06-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Indeed it was. I was only referring to my screen appearances.

Blue2th
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I wanted to use my favorite color in my name. I thought what's Starwarsy? The other name was too long and had been taken when I tried to register as such. So I cut it down to a color and a number. No I didn't intend it to be like the device everybody uses, though that's what it sounds like.
Simple as that.

If I had to do it over again I think I could come up with something totally off the wall.

Or use one of those silly words I made up in childhood.

JimJamBonds
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Jim Jam Bonds is taken from The Simpsons where they did a SW spoof. Unlike most I liked Jar Jar so taking that name was a way to take a shot at the prequel haters and to tip my hat to The Simpsons. (and yes I know Jim Jam was making fun of Jar Jar and the prequels).

CaptainSolo1138
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm a fan of Donkey Kong.

Phantom-like Menace
07-03-2008, 05:07 PM
My name is not too much of a mystery. Unless I'm using one of my usual aliases like Bobtheguardian, Sirmaniac, or Sirmariachi (ReBoot reference, first ever email address, and variant when a friend misread Sirmaniac respectively), I usually come up with something stupid off the top of my head.

I tend to give my friends a hard time, making myself a bit of a menace, and I have the strange take that using suffixes meaning similar too (-esque, ish, like, oid, etc.) makes things inherently funnier. The Phantom Menace sprang to mind and there you have it.