PDA

View Full Version : New original 12" at Hasbro.com(boba fett, luke, stormtrooper)

Wampa
02-13-2004, 11:13 AM
I dont know what to think about the Luke but the Stormtrooper may be a nice figure to have! No Boba Fett picture, but I'm sure it will be interesting to say the least. Check them out here:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1004/dn/default.cfm

Exhaust Port
02-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Ugh, the Stormtrooper has the same crappy helmet!!!!! All we're getting is a repackaged 12" ST!! Come on Hasbro, we all know your ST sucks so fix it already.

Wampa
02-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Maybe its just the picture but the Trooper helmet and armor look a bit tighter and thinner. I'm sure we'll get better pictures next week.

Exhaust Port
02-13-2004, 12:09 PM
The only improvement I see in the armor is with the shoulder pieces. The chest plate is still way off IMHO. Here's a comparision of what Hasbro has made in the past and what it should look like (ie Marmit):

http://users2.ev1.net/~jimbobwan/gij53.htm

Looking at that you can quickly see that this newest version of the ST (helmet especially) is a far cry from being accurate.

Kidhuman
02-13-2004, 12:13 PM
I just wanna see the Fett pic. That will be my hunt. The others will be secondary

bobafrett
02-13-2004, 01:55 PM
One thing I do like about this new Stormtrooper, is at least he has a holster for his blaster. The armor does look tighter, and the shoulder bells are greatly improved. The last ones looked like a giant toenail attached to the bicep armor. Still not great, but very much an improvement.

Darth Christopher
02-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Hasbro had the perfect opportunity to give us a 12" Bespin Leia using the prototype vintage-style packaging (see following link):

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-packa/esb-leia-bespin-box.html

OH WELL!!! THANK GOD FOR ANOTHER 12" TATOOINE LUKE, I'M SURE THE KIDS WILL GO NUTS OVER HIM... NOT!!! :mad:

I dont know what to think about the Luke but the Stormtrooper may be a nice figure to have! No Boba Fett picture, but I'm sure it will be interesting to say the least. Check them out here:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1004/dn/default.cfm

bobafett07728
02-13-2004, 02:03 PM
The two 12" pics just looked like artist renderings to me. They didn't look like actual figures at all. It is possible that they could just be design sketches.

I'm interested to see what these clamshells with embossed SW logo will look like. I have a feeling a lot of collectors may be interested in these as a seperate item.

BTW. . . the Cloud Car Pilot looks SWEEEEEEEEET!!! Well worth the wait, although I see he isn't a pack-in with a Cloud Car. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a Cloud Car will still be released. . . we'll need another Pilot for that anyway, right?

bobafett07728
02-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah. . . the "Ask Yoda" is completely unneccessary.

Kidhuman
02-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh yeah. . . the "Ask Yoda" is completely unneccessary.

So was the first one, but I bought it anyway. Another recreation of Furby Yoda. "The force is strong with this one"

Exhaust Port
02-13-2004, 03:11 PM
The two 12" pics just looked like artist renderings to me. They didn't look like actual figures at all. It is possible that they could just be design sketches.
At first I thought they were sketches as well but closer inspection show that they are pictures of actual figures. The ST picture is a bit misleading as they've overtouched the armor and helmet with an airbrush.

The biggest clue that neither of these are sketches is that they have the figures leaning up against that clear plastic to get them to stand. Not only can't Hasbro get the armor right but they still can't make a figure that stands. ARGH!

OH WELL!!! THANK GOD FOR ANOTHER 12" TATOOINE LUKE, I'M SURE THE KIDS WILL GO NUTS OVER HIM... NOT!!! :mad:
:D I was just looking at my collection and saying to myself "Self, this collection is greatly underrepresented by Luke. What we need is another Luke preferably in an outfit we have already."

Bam, Hasbro came through again. Next wave should include Tatooine Luke again, but this time he should have a scowl on his face. That would be the perfect addition to any fans collection.

El Chuxter
02-13-2004, 03:32 PM
And here I was thinking the new Luke is ninja-rifficly cool!!

Turambar
02-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Yes, the luke sux terribly. But look on the bright side, at least they didn't release another luke jedi. I mean, this'll only be the 3rd(?) rehash of this boring figure.
I hope we get something more than this junk in 04. Is that the same stormtrooper helmet as the previous version? arrggh
I was hoping the rehash fett would follow the ultimate jango style, but seeing these, it'll probably just be the electronic one minus the voice.
Once again I must ask: Who is calling the shots for what 12" figures get made?

Paul Heaberlin
02-13-2004, 09:50 PM
I think it will be the forth Luke in tatooine outfit unless you consider the european one then it's five.

Luek set one, Kay Bee 3 pack, 100th and the european.

I think it looks good, but WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER.

Stormtrooper has possibilities. And I'm waiting to see the Fett.

derek
02-13-2004, 10:22 PM
as best i can tell, those are actual photos of real figures, but as exhaust port pointed out, they have an air brushed look to them.

luke's face looks like something out of a japanese cartoon, and it appears hasbro didn't bother to make a new tunic for him, as the sleeves appear to be too short....again!

as for the stormtrooper, in the year 2004, anything less than marmit quality is completely unacceptable. true, the new stormtrooper does look miles better than the previous releases, mainly with better fitting armor, but still it looks nothing like it should....like a marmit stormtrooper.

as for bobafett, hasbro better not try to pull any "ulitimate boba fett" crap like they did with jango fett. boba better be packaged in a regular sized 12 inch figure box and not cost more than $25.

overall, i'm very disapointed with hasbro's offerings. if this is the best they will do, i'd just wish they would end the 12 inch line. another tatooine luke and a crappy stormtrooper are the last things we need. :mad:

Turambar
02-14-2004, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=derek]luke's face looks like something out of a japanese cartoon,QUOTE]

That's what it reminds me of!
I guess the smiley face was so popular on the 12" leia barbies that hasbro has decided to use it on other figures, now.
The stormtrooper does look like an improvement.
I hope toyfair shows us something new & exciting.

Wampa
02-14-2004, 10:00 AM
I believe the Stormtrooper is an improvement, but with the retro packaging and logo, I will probably buy these more for the box than whats inside. I remove all my figures from the box but I would really like to display the classic logo packaging. I missed the original release Tatooine Luke so I'm looking forward to this one. The grin sholud go away but the hair looks MUCH better than the "hat hair" look of past head sculpts!

JediTricks
02-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I think the weird face on that Luke is supposed to remind us of vintage figures. I'm scared, the head actually looks IN SCALE for once, could this be a sign of the apocolypse? ;)

What's with that lightsaber though, it looks way too thick, his hands aren't even able to get halfway around it, they have it glued in place. Is it going to light up or something to justify its larger size?

derek
02-14-2004, 03:10 PM
that's the light saber the euro saber swinging luke came with. it's not even the correct saber, as it closer resembles vader's ROTJ saber hilt.

as for scale, the new obi wan and lando heads are in scale.

but in scale or not, i hate the luke sculpt..............now that gentle giant luke x-wing bust has a beautiful sculpt of a young mark hamill.

Wampa
02-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Well, by the display picture, it looks as though they are staying true to the vintage style packaging. I still dont see any Fett though.

JediTricks
02-15-2004, 04:36 PM
We added pics of Luke in packaging and Stormy loose to our Toy Fair coverage this morning, that helmet on the trooper looks AWFUL!!! I looked at the pic and then glanced up at my Riddell version and it's shameful how off Hasbro is. Luke ain't lookin' so hot either, but it's funny to see that in that packaging. I hope Hasbro doesn't ship even cases of these or there won't be enough Fetts to go around (unless he sucks too).

Wampa
02-15-2004, 04:58 PM
I am disappointed to see that these are the only 12" figures offered :dis:. I hope they make a big showing before friday with other figures that really could be unique and interesting! Dont get me wrong, I like the retro packaging, but the Rebo Band or Hammerhead would be much more appealing.

Paul Heaberlin
02-15-2004, 05:33 PM
So, do you guys think it will do us any good to deluge hasbro with requests to give us an accurate helmet for the trooper?

It may just be easier to buy one of those new 1/6 scale helmets coming out. But it would suck to blow $30 on a helmet for a $20 figure.

derek
02-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I am disappointed to see that these are the only 12" figures offered

i've been preparing to be disapointed, so i'm not really that let down. i'm really convinced hasbro just dosen't care about the hard core collectors when it comes to 12 inch figures.......so the heck with them. i'll just buy that gentle giant luke bust and make casts of it's head instead of buying that crap luke from hasbro.

So, do you guys think it will do us any good to deluge hasbro with requests to give us an accurate helmet for the trooper?

not really. in this day and age of real scan and all the wonderful toy making technology, if they really cared even one bit, they'd be real scanning the stormtrooper's helmet and armor. i hate to say it, but with these two offerings, hasbro is really giving us the middle finger. they just don't care.

don't waste $25 on a re-hashed stormtrooper and then $30 on a stormtrooper helmet set, just get a marmit trooper off e-bay. you'll be much happier with it.:)

bobafrett
02-15-2004, 06:35 PM
The thing I find strange is they have luke gripping his lightsaber, but holding it in an upside down manner. I don't recall Luke ever holding his saber this way, I mean what is he trying to defend against, a couple of Jawas?

I said it once, and I'll say it again, I do think the 12" Stormtrooper is an improvement over the earlier versions, but Derek is correct, the Marmit is much more accurate. Now if I could find the money to get one.

Wampa
02-15-2004, 07:41 PM
A deluge of letters and/or emails would end up lost somewhere in oblivion within the R/D department. Most likely stuck to the accoustical tiles on the ceiling and used as target practice by sculptors and developers who spend a majority of their day flipping sharp no. 2 pencils up into the tiles :Ponder: .

Exhaust Port
02-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm suprised that an artist can let such a poor piece leave his/her studio. I would be embarrassed to miss the mark by such a big margin. It doesn't take a big fan to see that the helmet and armor just don't look right.

Kidhuman
02-16-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm suprised that an artist can let such a poor piece leave his/her studio. I would be embarrassed to miss the mark by such a big margin. It doesn't take a big fan to see that the helmet and armor just don't look right.

I agree. Maybe Hasbro is secretly trying to kill this line and using poor sculpts in hope it will drive down sales. This way they have an excuse. Give em a little something just to say we tried and failed.

Turambar
02-16-2004, 08:42 PM
The stormy is an improvement. But taken in the context of this wave, it is just another tired rehash in a group of worn out rehashes. To me, it might have been a more intriguing figure if hasbro paralleled the 3 3/4 line and released the stormy in a wave with Leia Bespin & Lobot. But in this day and age the quality should have been a lot better. With all the great things happening in the 3 3/4 line, I was really excited to see what the 12" line would be offering us.
At this point, it really doesn't matter to me if the line dies or not. I'm happy with my collection although I would have really liked about ten more characters made. But unless something new comes out, I don't have to spend any more money on this line.

Exhaust Port
02-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Lobot! Now there would have been a great figure to see in the 12" line.

Turambar
02-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Lobot! Now there would have been a great figure to see in the 12" line.

love those puffy sleeves!

Wampa
02-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Well...looks like thats it for this show :dis:! Three figures and one we cant even see. Oh well, maybe I can save my money this year and buy that Viper I've been wanting lol ! Maybe not.

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah it was a bummer alright. Wanted to see the Fett, but I guess not.

JediTricks
02-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Unless the Fett man blows the Marmit one out of the water at it's $30 price tag, this line is dead to me, there's no way it can make it till next April on 3 figures.

Exhaust Port
02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
It worries me that Fett is the only figure to be under wraps still. The history of the 12" line has made me paranoid and make me think that the only reason they didn't show a picture of it is that it sucks. If they gave Boba Fett the same treatment as the Ultimate Jango with a few improvements than I would be pretty excited but no mention of the word "Ultimate" was made. Darn.

JediTricks
02-22-2004, 06:58 PM
BTW, I meant "April 2005".

I wouldn't judge Fett on his absence, the prototype may not have been approved yet or something of that nature. I hope it is Ultimate Jango converted to Boba, that'd be worth getting.

Exhaust Port
02-24-2004, 02:10 PM
I finally looked through the pictures from the Toy Fair, specifically the 12" figures. Yes the Stormtrooper helmet still blows but the armor isn't bad. I particularly liked the detail on the boots. It still has some need for improvement but perhaps we'll be lucky and see some before these figures hit the shelves.

The one thing I am pretty excited about on these are the boxes. I love that the boxes are completely Vintage. Now I'm not normally a MIB kind of guy but if I did pick up these figures I'd be torn between keeping them in those great boxes or letting them breath with the rest of my figures.

Anyone else thrilled with the boxes?

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I love the vintage style boxes on all the lines. I am happy about being an MOC collector for this reason.

Wampa
02-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Definitely keeping these in the box.

darthdeogg
03-23-2004, 02:41 AM
From the looks of what Hasbro has in store, it looks to be a good year for Star Wars.

Wampa
03-23-2004, 09:29 AM
I've personally seen more Star Wars stocked on shelves this year than in the past two years. Maybe with the release of his final film next year, Lucas cracked the whip!

Exhaust Port
03-23-2004, 11:00 PM
I'd be more willing to believe that the abundance of 12" figures on the shelves is due to their poor sales, not improved stocking. I still see the same 10+ figures (many Zam) from over a year ago on the shelves everytime I visit TRU.

Jedi Commando
04-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Stormtrooper looks improved to me compared to the others. But another X-wing and Tie Fighter that are no better than any other, I can't wait! They say the Falcon has improved, I doubt it. It can fire a missle? Wow I remember that in the movie....Why not concentrate on the Cloud Car and countless other items we want, like some decent larger scale playsets!

Exhaust Port
04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
It's been a while since the release of the prototype pictures on the Hasbro site but still nothing for Boba Fett. Why are they keeping him under wraps? When is this wave due out? I've seen some online site mention as early as June.

They screwed up the ST again, lets hope that Fett is similar to the Ultimate Jango.

Old Fossil
04-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Or it could be the old electronic Fett, sans electronics (like so many of the vehicles these days).

Either way, looks like the OTC will be the last gasp before the 12" line becomes extinct.

Turbowars
05-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Well he he is http://www.thejawa.net/njswcc/attachments/OTCFettCover.jpg

A bit too blue don't you think?

Turbowars
05-01-2004, 06:10 PM
He's a bit too blue for me, but maybe this is just a early version of him, but he is a retooled Jango for sure.http://www.thejawa.net/njswcc/attachments/OTCFettCover.jpg

http://www.thejawa.net/njswcc/attachments/OTC12inchFett.jpg

DarthBrandon
05-01-2004, 07:02 PM
He seems a little too blue for me Turbo, I hope he's just a proto as well.

Kidhuman
05-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Guess we are getting the Jango Pajama figure we always wanted.

derek
05-01-2004, 08:40 PM
well, he looks really good. i'm sure that's a prototype, but still it looks good. almost marmit-like! ;)

even if that is the jumpsuit he's shipped with, a little bleach/dye would fix him up.

my main concern is the price. he should be $20-$25 and no more. that $40 plus price point for jango fett was stupid! :mad:

Exhaust Port
05-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Other than the bright blue pajama's, Boba Fett looks pretty good this time. The helmet seems in proper purportions with the rest of the body finally (why the can't seem to get the ST right is beyond me).

You're right about the price derek. Even if they should try and sell it at $40, I'm sure we'll find them on clearance for half that a month later just like the Jango's.

Turbowars
05-01-2004, 10:51 PM
well, he looks really good. i'm sure that's a prototype, but still it looks good. almost marmit-like! ;)

even if that is the jumpsuit he's shipped with, a little bleach/dye would fix him up.

my main concern is the price. he should be $20-$25 and no more. that $40 plus price point for jango fett was stupid! :mad:He's in the same assortment as the other OTC 12" figures, so he shouldn't have a $40 price point.

Oh and why did you merge this? We are in the 12" section and a pic of Fett is important.

Wampa
05-02-2004, 04:23 PM
It looks good, but the blue is a little over the top! I hope the weathering on the helmet makes it to production. Maybe pictures of Chewie will cirrculate next!

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 07:27 PM
It looks good, but somehow I guess maybe the coloring or the lack of wrinkling/weathering on the jumpsuit leave me cold. I'll wait to decide based on later pics, but since Hasbro will probably screw up the case assortments with an even case of 2 each, leaving stores choking shelves with Lukes and Stormies, I'll likely never get the chance to decide for myself.

I'm bummed, I wanted that 12" Jango but didn't get my money together until it was too late. :(

sith_killer_99
05-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Well all I can say is hidious! I will stick with Marmit thank you. :Pirate:

Turambar
05-03-2004, 09:04 PM
I can't imagine that not being a prototype with the bright blue and all. It doesn't look bad! Much better than previous attempts at fett by hasbro. I'm interested to see how this figure turns out.

Reefer Shark
05-03-2004, 09:28 PM
He does look too blue to me also, hopefully that'll change.

Other than that I like it! It's light years ahead of the previous Hasbro versions. Since I can't afford a Marmit, I'll be getting this guy (hopefully) and will be getting rid of the old electronic version.

Turbowars
05-03-2004, 09:33 PM

It's light years ahead of the previous Hasbro versions. electronic version. Is the electronic version that bad? I know the Collectors series version is because I have it.

Reefer Shark
05-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah.. It's basicaly the same as the 1st one. Only differences are a slightly bigger head, and a different body with electronics.

Turambar
05-04-2004, 04:49 PM
This is a scary thought, but does hasbro actually listen to some of us some of the time? I was just revisiting a thread I had in some time last year about what rehashes I would like to see, and 3 of the 4 I listed (boba, stormie, chewie, royal guard) are being rehashed! As far as boba goes, it would be cool, but unlikely, for hasbro to give him the esb & rotj armor variants as well as the 2 different weapons.
Now if only they'd listen when we say we want new figures -- and to bring back the marmit line.

Turbowars
05-04-2004, 07:25 PM
This is a scary thought, but does hasbro actually listen to some of us some of the time? I was just revisiting a thread I had in some time last year about what rehashes I would like to see, and 3 of the 4 I listed (boba, stormie, chewie, royal guard) are being rehashed! As far as boba goes, it would be cool, but unlikely, for hasbro to give him the esb & rotj armor variants as well as the 2 different weapons.
Now if only they'd listen when we say we want new figures -- and to bring back the marmit line.Where does it say that the Royal Guard is being leased again?

Turambar
05-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Where does it say that the Royal Guard is being leased again?

I said 3 out of 4. The 3 being Boba, Stormtrooper, and Chewie. The 1 not being rehashed is the Royal guard.

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 09:42 PM
EE has raised the price on their case of 6 figures. I pre-ordered it * $114.99 and now it's * $169.99???? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Holy crap, thats alot of money for those figures. Almost 30 bucks a pop. I hope they arent that much at retail. :beard:

Reefer Shark
05-05-2004, 10:23 PM
That's F'd up Turbo. I almost pre-ordered that case too, but didn't want to try and sell the extra's. If your looking for someone to go in on that case, I might be into it. Just LMK

KH
I think I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to be $30 at retail. :ermm:

If it's true, it's a bogus, unjustified price increase. What would we be paying the $10 extra dollars per figure for? I guess it goes with the vintage OTC line mentality = make the the coolest SW figures, put 'em in fancier packaging, then double the price.. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 10:27 PM
30 bucks isnt a big deal since WM charges 25 a pop for them now. The price actual;ly comes toabout 27 dollars a peice by the case, so retail is probably 25.

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 11:01 PM
That's F'd up Turbo. I almost pre-ordered that case too, but didn't want to try and sell the extra's. If your looking for someone to go in on that case, I might be into it. Just LMK

I'll keep that in mind.

They come to $30.67 with tax. I guess that's not too bad, but buying all 6 at once is. I do want to get one set for my MISB collection and I might want to open one of the Fetts and Stormie. It all comes down to if I have the funds when EE gets them in. I will get rid of the extra Luke.

Reefer Shark
05-05-2004, 11:04 PM
That's cool, I hear ya man. :cool:

I'm really only into Fett & the stormy also, only reason I would even buy the Luke would be to get the whole set.

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 11:25 PM
We have until July to decide (I have it pre-ordered). I can always get another Fett from retail, I hope.:nerv: Where are you in the Valley?

Reefer Shark
05-06-2004, 12:19 AM
I live in beautiful North Hollywood. But I drive all over SoCal for my job, in fact our main office is in San Fernando. Like 5 - 10 minutes away from EE.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I wish I lived next to EE. I would only want the Fett from the series, unless they make some more.

Turbowars
05-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Cool news for the people like myself that pre-ordered the OTC 12" case.

This is from EE

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Manufacturers do raise the price on items at their discretion, as has
happened with the Original Trilogy Vintage Figures. We have in turn
raised our price as well. Your order, however was placed before the
price change, and will be honored as such.

Hell Yeah!!!!! That's $19.17 a figure!!!

evenflow
05-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Well that was awesome of them. Very cool.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Great news Turbo. At least they are honest people and do that for you.(plus you give them tons of business) :beard:

Exhaust Port
05-06-2004, 09:50 PM
That's one heck of a deal!

Reefer Shark
05-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Hell Yeah!!!!! That's $19.17 a figure!!!

Kick *** Turbo!! That's awesome man!

JediTricks
05-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Nice get Turbo, don't lose that email!

Honestly, unless Hasbro really surprises me, I don't think these would be worth even the $25 that WM asks for normal 12" SW, this whole "special packaging" thing seems like a quick moneygrab. What bugs me most is how they claim OTC is a line that's trying to draw in the new collectors, but they put out only 3 12" figures in the entire year and jack up the price on 'em without previewing any increase in quality.

Reefer Shark
05-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey, this is cool. Stumbled across a new pic of the OTC 12" Boba at EE. Still a bit too blue, but other than that it looks great.

This pic makes me want him even more!

http://fp.entertainmentearth.com/AUTOIMAGES/HS85230lg.jpg

JediTricks
05-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Fett's gun looks dinky in that photo, so I went and looked at the Lee's photo and same thing! Maybe I'm just used to other Hasbro versions of this accessory being oversized, but compared to ROTJ photos of Fett holding it, this accessory looks about 20% too small. Granted, I'll accept too small over too large, and it does seem to have a nice sculpt, but it still seems weird to me.

Kidhuman
05-07-2004, 11:52 PM
MEH!!! I think me might pass on it. They could of done so much better on it. The bagginess to it doesnt seem right.

Turbowars
05-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Nice get Turbo, don't lose that email!You betcha!!!

Turambar
05-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Hey, this is cool. Stumbled across a new pic of the OTC 12" Boba at EE. Still a bit too blue, but other than that it looks great.

This pic makes me want him even more!

http://fp.entertainmentearth.com/AUTOIMAGES/HS85230lg.jpg

I just can't imagine hasbro seriously releasing that figure without toning down the blue. But, then again, they are releasing that stormtrooper & luke that look like *$$, so anything is possible.

Turbowars
05-08-2004, 12:09 PM
You can now buy a set of 3 at EE for $89.99

JEDIpartner
05-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Here's another pic... linked to GH.com

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/2750-12otc2.jpg

sith_killer_99
05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
WOW, bright blue Jango jumpsuit aside, he looks pretty good. Not exactly to the level of Marmit, but really good for Hasbro.

plasticfetish
05-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Yep, yep, yep. I assumed that Garindan was gonna be my last 12" -- but that's a mighty nice looking thing there. Let's just hope that the final retail version ends up looking as nice.

Kidhuman
05-08-2004, 10:50 PM
What the hell is in his right kneecap pocket? Screws and bolts ? Hammers and drills?

Turbowars
05-08-2004, 11:03 PM
So when I get this guy how do I correct the jumpsuit? Do I bleach it and then Dye it? Do I just dye over it or do I just accept it?:confused: :ermm:

Kidhuman
05-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Accept it I guess.

Reefer Shark
05-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Hopefully Hasbro will fix it by then..... but if not, the only other thing I could suggest would be to swap jumpsuits with the older version.

It wouldn't be much of an improvement, but at least the color would be closer.

Tycho
05-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Here's what I think.

The Luke actually looks great! If I didn't have a Tatooine Luke and the 3-pack one, I'd go for it. But I'm not buying only because I have Tatooine Lukes.

The Stormtrooper is cool as well, but looks very stiff. I wonder how poseable he'll be. He could be a super figure, but lately I've been more into Clones and I don't actually need them or stormies.

Fett's shape and the way they cut his uniform and wrist gauntlets, used a more ESB color scheme, etc. all impressed me. The pants are too blue and I can't understand why Hasbro's people can't see this. Is everyone color blind at quality control, or do they think they can get away with selling folks an anniversary edition with corrected pants in another couple of years? If some single individual's taste is for Fett to be more blue, what's that got to do with everyone else on the SW team that approves the product? And if they let that go, why not make them pink? Sort of an alternate universe Fett for alternative fans :rolleyes: In any case, I also didn't need a Boba Fett figure for my 12".

I suspect the line will continue with Episode 3, but Classic selections will double-back and allow new collectors to get into the line by doing resculpts of characters (mostly main ones) already done.

That being said...

Luke Bespin could be redone battle-damaged.

Han Bespin needed to be redone since that 3-pack was released!

Han Carbonite could really be beefed up into a nice deluxe-style piece with special features.

Leia Bespin Gown needs to be done, period!
Leia Bespin Escape is a possibility.
Leia Ewok Princess could be made as well.

Lando General needs to be made.

R2D2 with tools should be re-released.
R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher would be sweet!

Another attempt on Chewbacca could give us something new to laugh at, or the slightest chance at getting a figure of him that we would want.

General Veers could make a great 12" to add to easy Imperials to do.

But like I'd imagine most of us would say, if you've been around here as long as I have, collecting this stuff, you're mostly eager for cantina aliens, Jabba thugs, and other prequel characters (like Nute Gunray and Palpatine) that they never made before. I think if Hasbro can revitalize interest in the line with new collectors buying their first core characters, then other secondary characters I really want might actually still be possible. I'm just not going to be of much help as I don't want to buy characters I already have.

derek
05-09-2004, 01:47 PM
So when I get this guy how do I correct the jumpsuit? Do I bleach it and then Dye it? Do I just dye over it or do I just accept it?:confused: :ermm:

i say no way will hasbro release boba in a blue jumpsuit, but if for some goofy reason they do, some bleach and then some grey dye would work well. but you won't have to do this, i'll bet you a ........coke! :D i bleached out a jango jumpsuit and it worked out well.

i'm one of hasbro's biggest critics, but come on guys, that new boba fett looks awesome. easily one of hasbro's best. the blue jumpsuit is a prototype.(it's gotta be) everyone calm down! lol

Turbowars
05-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah I guess we should at least see it in the package before we blow a gasket.

JediTricks
05-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Derek, any photos of that bleached jumpsuit?

It's weird, I was still having a hard time getting past the one-piece chest armor/shoulderpads dealy, but with that PLUS this blue look, it's kinda destroying the overall look for me. I could almost forgive the onesy head again - barely - but it just adds to the pile. Overall, this looks like a good piece, but for $30, I am hoping Hasbro smooths some of these issues out by the time it gets to market. And I have a feeling the leg-pocket tools will be sewn in just like previous Boba Fetts.

JEDIpartner
05-10-2004, 11:30 AM
The Jango armour was created in a similar one-piece fashion. I don't really have a problem with that as it really looked great on THAT 12"...

JediTricks
05-10-2004, 07:42 PM
The Jango armour was created in a similar one-piece fashion. I don't really have a problem with that as it really looked great on THAT 12"...
Not similar, IDENTICAL. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same piece only painted for Boba instead of Jango. Having not owned 12" Ultimate Jango, I wouldn't know if it works in person, I only can judge on seeing it in pics (and I didn't like it in pics of Jango either ;)).

derek
05-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Not similar, IDENTICAL. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same piece only painted for Boba instead of Jango. Having not owned 12" Ultimate Jango, I wouldn't know if it works in person, I only can judge on seeing it in pics (and I didn't like it in pics of Jango either ;)).

the shoulder pads are different. on jango they stick straight out, and on boba, they slant downwards.

........i'll dig out that jumpsuit.:)

derek
05-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Derek, any photos of that bleached jumpsuit?

here ya go........

i bleached it a while back, and it's not as light as i recalled, but with some grey dye, i think it would look better.......at least better than that lime greenish colored suit the hasbro boba fett has. lol

Tycho
05-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Maybe the real Boba Fett does wear Jango's uniform...

Looking at the MOVIE colorations...

If silver tarnished, wouldn't it appear almost the dirty, rusty green that Boba's armor looks like?

If he wore his Dad's old flight suit, wouldn't it eventually fade out (bleach out) from washing?

Whoa! I think I just became more enlightened!

The only explanation for the red paint on the helmet is: Jango ranked a Lieutenient in the Mandalorians, but as the last of them, Boba made himself a Captain - hence the red paint.

The comics suggested that Boba wears Jaster Mureel's armor, and that he was a captain.

Looking at droids and clones:

yellow= commander
red = captain
blue = lietenient
green = sergeant
white = trooper

We once also tried to figure this out for Sandtroopers in the Empire...

grey = commander?
orange = captain?
black = lieutenient?
white = trooper

I have no idea how regular stormtroopers figure out who is in command...

derek
05-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Maybe the real Boba Fett does wear Jango's uniform...

i've seen photos of the original boba fett costums, in which he did have a blue jumpsuit. it was the costume proto-type that had one red and one orange wrist gauntlet.

EDIT:

i don't have a scanner, but here is a photo of a photo from page 50 of the star wars visual dictionary, in which boba fett does have on a blue jumpsuit.

perhaps one of our more advanced forumites could scan this page? lol

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the 411 on the shoulderpads Derek, I stand corrected (but not much ;)).

Now that I see your image of the lightened Jango jumpsuit, I wouldn't go that way simply because the dang plastic armor is SO much darker than the jumpsuit.

As for that photo of the Visual Dictionary, I just went and looked at mine, it's just a lighting thing, it's not really blue at all, it's dark gray in that photo and lighter gray in the opposite page's photo. I don't see blue in the SW Chronicles either.

Wampa
05-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Looking at the box art for the OTC packaging does not help with this mystery. You can't really see the suit. I really think the color will be lighter though. I hope!

derek
05-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the 411 on the shoulderpads Derek, I stand corrected (but not much ;)).

Now that I see your image of the lightened Jango jumpsuit, I wouldn't go that way simply because the dang plastic armor is SO much darker than the jumpsuit.

As for that photo of the Visual Dictionary, I just went and looked at mine, it's just a lighting thing, it's not really blue at all, it's dark gray in that photo and lighter gray in the opposite page's photo. I don't see blue in the SW Chronicles either.

i don't think it's a lighting issue. that photo on page 50 were costume tests shots done before empire came out, i think. that photo on page 51 is a photo of the ROTJ era suit.

while the jumpsuit on page 50 was never screen used, i think it is blue.:)

and as best i can tell, boba's jumpsuit in empire is a darker gray than seen in jedi.

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 11:41 PM
The SW Chronicles images seem to be the same darker gray color from the Visual Dictionary p50 pic, and I guess you could see that gray color as having some blue to it, but I think it's open to interpretation.

Turbowars
05-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Are we going to have another Brown Coat Blue coat deal here? Can any of you see Hasbro pulling this on the 12" Fett? Release the Blue now and then the Light Gray later. I think some might be POed.:p

JediTricks
05-14-2004, 08:34 PM
I sure hope not Turbo. In either case though, the blue jumpsuit on this OTC Fett is certainly well beyond the limits of the photos in the Vis Dictionary & SW Chronicles.

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I hope they dont do thgat Turbo. If they did, it would be a bad move on their end.

derek
05-15-2004, 02:08 PM
It's weird, I was still having a hard time getting past the one-piece chest armor/shoulderpads dealy, but with that PLUS this blue look, it's kinda destroying the overall look for me. I could almost forgive the onesy head again - barely - but it just adds to the pile. Overall, this looks like a good piece, but for $30, I am hoping Hasbro smooths some of these issues out by the time it gets to market. And I have a feeling the leg-pocket tools will be sewn in just like previous Boba Fetts.

just curious, but what is it about the one piece chest armor vest that you do not like? i'd rather have it like this than to have no vest at all and just have his armor sewn to his jumpsuit, like the previoius boba fetts. ;)

and what's a "onesy head"?

Jaff
05-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Since Hasbro is so predictably Capatilistic they probably will release a blue and grey cloth Boba. It's in their nature.

derek
05-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Since Hasbro is so predictably Capatilistic they probably will release a blue and grey cloth Boba. It's in their nature.

not that there is anything wrong with capitalism, but i highly doubt hasbro's intent is to sucker it's customers into buying two boba fetts. most likely this blue jumpsuit is a prototype shot that for some stupid reason found it's way onto their official site and on the cover of a magazine.

in reality hasbro has acted anything but capitalistic with their handeling of this particular star wars line. i personally think they're doing all they can to kill it, not trying to make it thrive.

personally, i wouldn't mind seeing hasbro release three different boba fetts. one representing his look in ESB, one for ROTJ and the prototype boba fett, with the orange and red gauntlets, funky colored gloves and bluish grey jumpsuit. ;)

JediTricks
05-16-2004, 10:16 PM
just curious, but what is it about the one piece chest armor vest that you do not like? i'd rather have it like this than to have no vest at all and just have his armor sewn to his jumpsuit, like the previoius boba fetts.It doesn't move like it should (or at all, right?), and it's too thick so it looks too separate from the rest of the outfit which bothers me a lot. It looks too much like the snap-on armor from the first Saga Dlx Jango Fett, the pegwarmer that also had the ugly hollow back, giant dopey gun, and oversized electronic backpack. If your memories need refreshing: http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=29058

and what's a "onesy head"?A 12"er's head that's a sealed-off helmet when it should actually be a humanoid head underneath and then a separate helmet.

derek
05-18-2004, 04:46 PM
OK, i understand. ;) what do you think of the marmit boba fett armor vest? it's the same concept, just a better fitting vest.

personally i'd prefer a cloth vest like the on screen costumes had, but if i had to choose between the rubber vest or having his armor sewn to his jumpsuit, i'd take the jango armor any day. :)

JediTricks
05-19-2004, 04:30 PM
I've had less exposure to the Marmit one because it's an expensive import kit, so it's not really an "action figure" to me, it's a costumed statue, therefore it's somehow more acceptable (and like you said, it helps that it's thinner material).

OC47150
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
I've always been picky when it comes to the 12" line, only buying ones I really liked.

The new Fett, though, I don't know. I had intended to buy it, but like many of you, I have a problem with the uniform color. It should be gray, IMHO.

Reefer Shark
06-04-2004, 02:05 AM
They've got boxed pics of Fett and Luke over at GH.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2882&zoneid=2

Sad to see that Fett still has the blue jumpsuit though. Another thing I don't like is that the OTC logo obscures the nice picture in the lower right hand corner :ermm: . Other than those issues, I think they look great.

Exhaust Port
06-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Those boxes look real sharp! Thanks for the link RS.

Once again it appears that the image of the ST is still the same one they released back 6 months ago as a prototype. It still looks heavily airbrushed and almost "fake" the image has been so edited.

Reefer Shark
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Those boxes look real sharp! Thanks for the link RS.

Once again it appears that the image of the ST is still the same one they released back 6 months ago as a prototype. It still looks heavily airbrushed and almost "fake" the image has been so edited.
No problem EP!

Yeah, I noticed the heavy airbrush on all the 12" promo pics. Luke and Fett look almost fake to me too.

evenflow
06-04-2004, 10:47 AM
The boxes are looking sharp, but I have not bought 12 inch figures in a while.

sith_killer_99
06-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Again with the hidious baby blue jumpsuit. I had hoped it was just for mock up.

It looks like the 12 inch figs will have an extra protective package as well.

derek
06-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Again with the hidious baby blue jumpsuit. I had hoped it was just for mock up.

It looks like the 12 inch figs will have an extra protective package as well.

look real close at the photos of boba fett on the box. that jump suit he has on is blue, not grey(as seen in empire) or faded grey(as in ROTJ).......just not as blue as the one on the figure. :D

this is looking to be one screwed up boba fett. :rolleyes:

he's apparently gonna have the blue jumpsuit of the prototype boba(that was never featured in any of the films) but has the wrong colored gloves and gauntlets and ammo belt for that version of the figure.

and yes, the boxed are nice looking. i guess that's what the extra $10 per figure is for? :mad: :eek: :p

derek
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM
. Another thing I don't like is that the OTC logo obscures the nice picture in the lower right hand corner :ermm: . Other than those issues, I think they look great.

they've gotta cover mark hamil's face, or else the kids will realize they're buying a figure that looks NOTHING like the actor! lol

that's one funky luke head. looks like some asian animation version or something. both my lukes i ordered from EE are going to e-bay! :mad:

Exhaust Port
06-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Even with the cool boxes I will only be buying Fett even with his incorrect jumpsuit. My Luke figures are starting to gang up on the others so I won't be adding another one to the ranks.

Reefer Shark
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
they've gotta cover mark hamil's face, or else the kids will realize they're buying a figure that looks NOTHING like the actor! lol

that's one funky luke head. looks like some asian animation version or something. both my lukes i ordered from EE are going to e-bay! :mad:
So true, so true... It's funny that they got pretty close with his likeness on the latest Jedi Luke 12er, but this one seems to be taking a step backwards. Very sad indeed.

I'll probably keep the set of 3 that I pre-ordered since I dont have any of the many previous Tatooine (sp?) Lukes, and I really do like the retro packaging.

BlueSnags
06-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Even with the cool boxes I will only be buying Fett even with his incorrect jumpsuit. My Luke figures are starting to gang up on the others so I won't be adding another one to the ranks.

You're right, there are way too many Lukes. I'd like to pass on him AND the trooper...Of course, as soon as see those cool packages, I'm going to want to buy them all...and probably will :cry:

BlueSnags
06-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Hey, anybody still seeing Yoda/Ewoks/Biker Scout wave at retail? I think I missed em. Crap.

Reefer Shark
06-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey bluesnag,
I found mine a few months ago, so you may be right.

But then again, I only saw 'em once. I think they saw some pretty crappy distribution. Who knows, mabye they're sitting in a warehouse somewhere and we'll see them in droves on clearance when the OTC collection is in full swing!

I know.... wishfull thinking.....

Turbowars
06-15-2004, 09:39 PM
You saw the 12" scout at retail?lol

Kidhuman
06-15-2004, 10:24 PM
I saw it once, but then no more.Seelots of Lukes left around thats about it.

I am still up in the air on the Fett. I do want one, but I dont like the jumpsuit. Glad I still have the vintage one.

Reefer Shark
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
You saw the 12" scout at retail?lol
LOL yeah, if you can believe that! I almost couldn't believe it myself. Saw one scout, two Yodas and Ewoks, and have seen about a thousand Lukes. :smoker:

JEDIpartner
06-30-2004, 04:30 PM
I just saw a link to an OTC Boba Fett on eBay. It appears that the jumpsuit he's got in the production verison is not quite as blue as in the prototypes and photo units.

Here's a pic: http://www.seebottom.com/p9/swOTC12bobafett03.jpg

B'Omarr Monkey
06-30-2004, 06:36 PM
It's abit hard to see with the glare, but looking at his pockets, he does seem to be more grey than blue. I think it looks better than the promo pictures. I might actually buy one now, even though I stopped collecting the 12" line years ago.

Turbowars
07-01-2004, 12:33 AM
We can all relax now. He's the right color now, or very close to it!! He's up for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=5906887741&rd=1

Exhaust Port
07-01-2004, 10:14 AM
That sure does look a lot better. I would like one of the members here to confirm it though when the finally get one of these.

Kidhuman
07-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Looks good to me. The one thing I am afraid of is that he is blue on the back of the box, so I was wondering if the light reflection on the bubble is changing the color of the jumpsuit.

Darth Christopher
07-01-2004, 03:26 PM
So was the following past eBay auction for a rare prototype, in the blue outfit, probably worth lots more $ now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5904743749

Or will there be variations of both blue and gray? Guess we'll see. And those pockets on the belt look too big for some reason, on the new gray version's anyway. I have an OTC 12" case ordered from EE, so when it arrives I'll be nervously opening it to see if Boba's blue or gray...

Reefer Shark
07-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Those new ebay pictures give me hope! Looks much better.

btw:
BigBadToyStore has the set of three back up for pre-order for $74.99 (it had sold out previously). Very cool! I just cancelled my $90 pre-order with EE, and ordered through BBTS.

sluray
07-09-2004, 02:54 PM
I like them all! Can't wait until those come out.

derek
07-09-2004, 09:34 PM
I like them all! Can't wait until those come out.

well, there is an extra case available ar EE, since i cancelled my order. i couldn't justify spending $200 when the luke and stormtrooper look so horrible.
:cry:

Tycho
07-09-2004, 09:53 PM
I don't plan to buy any of them.

I either will not be collecting any more 12", or I'll have to wait for Episode 3 items to justify spending anything on the line.

I do want:

Senator Palpatine
Chancellor Palpatine
Nute Gunray (could finally be done for E3! Hopefull differerent hats included)
Darth Sidious (ditto - in which case I'd buy 2 or more!)
Padme Amidala in almost any other outfit she wore in Episode 2
Captain Panaka
Princess Leia Bespin Gown
Lando Calrissian General's outfit
General Veers
Shmi Skywalker
most of the Podracers, but Dud Bolt is preferred
Celebration Amidala
Anakin as a kid, Jedi Padawan (Celebration style)
Boba Fett as a kid
Taun We and Lama Su as a 2-pack
FX-7 and 2-1B
The Max Rebo Band

Various cantina aliens, Jabba patrons, galactic Senators.

I have 3 Boba Fetts, 2 Luke Tatooines, and 2 Stormtroopers. Don't need any more. Thank you Hasbro.

Turambar
07-09-2004, 11:20 PM
I'll get the fett if I see it. I expect this'll be mostly overpriced shelf-warmers like the majority of the 12" line.
It is fun to dream, though, isn't it, Tycho.

havok72
07-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Hello, I am new to the forums, but a long time SirSteve's fan. I really like the 12" line, but the last couple of waves I have noticed the quailty is not the same. I was really disapointed in the Lando in Skiff Guard (Real loose helmet, weak arms, and ect). I wish they would go back to the old bodies without all the points of articulation. I can't wait to SEE the new OTC 12", then I may buy. I need a new Fett the replace the small headed one I have now!

Last count of 12" figures is 75 and growing!

Havok

Exhaust Port
07-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Welcome onboard havok72. You're right, the 12" line has seen better days. You'd think that the upgraded bodies would have fixed it but as you said the figure scuplting and accessories have negated any improvement the bodies might have given us. Remember the buzz that Dooku created? New body and great sculpt! Sadly that was one of the only highlights in the last few years.

JediTricks
07-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Welcome aboard Havok. I can't go back to the old bodies anymore, the clicky elbows alone annoy me something fierce. I'd rather Hasbro just sold heads, outfits and accessories that could fit on generic bodies from another company.... or better yet, just sublicense the line altogether to someone like Sideshow who would treat it right. I'll admit, my 12" Dooku is having some trouble holding things (thanks a lot, lame Gung-Ho grip!) but I still prefer it to the giant bodies of Guile from the Street Fighter line and that era.

How many here are planning on getting any OTC 12" besides Boba Fett? I ask because it seems like there's gonna be a lot of Lukes & Stormies on the shelves and Fett will be stuck in the back room or completely disappeared (wow, who'da thunk it the way the last few waves of 12" have gone? :rolleyes: )

Tycho
07-12-2004, 02:16 AM
Well you know my answer: NONE of each. :)

Kidhuman
07-12-2004, 09:14 AM
I want to see the Fett before I get it. I am still uncertain.

OC47150
07-12-2004, 09:16 AM
I've gotten pickier regarding which 12" figures I buy the last couple of years. The majority of them I've picked up on clearance. I will take a wait-and-see attitude with the new figures, too.

Samuel Windu
07-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally I plan to buy a VOTC 12" Boba but now I decided to change my mind.It is because of the price is US$48.What a pricy :mad:

derek
07-12-2004, 04:13 PM
How many here are planning on getting any OTC 12" besides Boba Fett? I ask because it seems like there's gonna be a lot of Lukes & Stormies on the shelves and Fett will be stuck in the back room or completely disappeared (wow, who'da thunk it the way the last few waves of 12" have gone? :rolleyes: )

if luke and the stormtrooper look as bad as i think they will, i'll pass on them, unless i can eventually get them for 50% off or something like that.

i'm really bummed that hasbro passed on the chance to take these figures to the next level. they've got these spiffy new boxes, but inside is the same old crap. is it too much to ask for a luke that looks like a young mark hamil with an outstanding paintjob and a tunic that fits him? it appears hasbro is even too lazy to use a new pattern on his shirt. stupid-too-short-sleeves!
:mad:

and if hasbro can't produce a marmit quality stormtrooper, i'd just perfer they make an all hard plastic one like the electronic jango fett. that soft plastic armor and goofy helmet just ain't cutting it in 2004. :frus:

JediTricks
07-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Wow, if one were to take these responses as a cross section of the 12" collecting community, one would surmise that these are going to B-O-M-B!!! My guess is that's the case, collectibility on these taking up maybe a little slack at the beginning but ultimately these will be death. And what's with the double-sized boxes? That's not going to be so great, half as many figures on the shelf and there's likely not going to be ANYTHING in that empty half. Seems pretty lame to me.

Turambar
07-14-2004, 01:48 PM
$48!!!
I didn't realize they were going to be so overpriced. $20 was overpriced, but this is insane. I guess I'll have to rethink buying the fett. I'm just worried we won't see many of them, though, since it's the only decent figure of the bunch and the others will clog up the shelves.
I expect this will be the end of the 12" line. Anymore, I'm hoping it'll end because it's too much trouble to collect with the pathetic distribution and rapidly declining standards for the figures.

JediTricks
07-15-2004, 09:03 PM
They're MSRPing for $30.

BTW, one of the other sites reported the first actual sighting of the 12" OTC, and the Fett had a BLUE jumpsuit!!! That sucks, I knew it was going to be a bite on the behind.

OC47150
07-16-2004, 12:44 PM
That is weird, since Galatic Hunter posted a pix of Fett in a gray jumpsuit. I'm not doubting an actual sighting from a real person compared to the picture, but I do find the color difference odd.

JediTricks
07-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Ji'Dai posted in the Kmart thread his pics of blue-suited Fett.

derek
07-16-2004, 10:27 PM
if hasbro expects me to spend $60 on these two, they are CRAZY!!!

just look at that luke! a $5 figure in an overpriced box! :mad:

Kidhuman
07-17-2004, 01:01 AM
WTF? That Luke is horrendous.

JediTricks
07-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Dang, I was hoping Hasbro would at least correct their past screw-ups with Tatooine Lukes by not making his hair so light.

Terrible work once again, everything about that one looks awful.

derek
07-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Dang, I was hoping Hasbro would at least correct their past screw-ups with Tatooine Lukes by not making his hair so light.

Terrible work once again, everything about that one looks awful.

yea, just look at those sleeves! they are about a half inch too short! i'd just prefer they use the old action man body if they're too lazy to make a new pattern for the CC joe body.
:frus:

this is literally a $5 figure in a $30 box! :cry:

JediTricks
07-20-2004, 01:48 AM
And you can still see through his fargin' clothes! How lame is that?!?

The sleeve length is the one reason I can understand for folks asking for the old '92 Joe body back, but I'd rather they just fix the clothes than bring back Ken on Steroids.

Hellboy
07-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Well I picked up Boba today and am convinced now that Hasbro gets the color of his jumpsuit wrong on purpose so collectors will buy multiples. What other explanation could there be? At $30 I'm not sure if I'll keep this thing or just return it. :Ponder:

I passed on Luke. He looked terrible and he's wearing lipstick now. :rolleyes:

mm74md
07-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Well I picked up Boba today and am convinced now that Hasbro gets the color of his jumpsuit wrong on purpose so collectors will buy multiples. What other explanation could there be? At $30 I'm not sure if I'll keep this thing or just return it. :Ponder:

I passed on Luke. He looked terrible and he's wearing lipstick now. :rolleyes:

I don't see enough of a difference between my POTF2 Electronic Fett & the VOTC version. At least not enough to spend $30 on it. I mean the articulation shown on GH (http://www.galactichunter.com//absoluteig/gallery/modern_hasbro/original_trilogy_collection/vintage_12_inch_otc/boba_fett/votc-12fett_21.jpg) looks great, but not that great. $19.99 may have gotten me, but not $29.99.

JediTricks
07-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Ugh, now I'm hearing that blue Fett is supposed to be the ROTJ version and gray is supposed to be the ESB version, where did they pull this ridiculous claim out of?!?

Turambar
07-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Ugh, now I'm hearing that blue Fett is supposed to be the ROTJ version and gray is supposed to be the ESB version, where did they pull this ridiculous claim out of?!?

yeah, I cant believe hasblow is trying to sell us this BS!!! I'm sure some idiots will buy multiples of each, though. I was originally planning to get 1 fett and let the other trash rot on the shelves, but at $40 a pop, I'll really have to take a good look at this figure. I'm just really disgruntled with this votc for the 12" line. It sucks. I just wish that the line could have a quick and painless death instead of this.

Turambar
07-24-2004, 01:32 PM
I did see the luke today at KMart. It's no better than previous versions, and the lipstick makes it as bad as the ceremonial luke released way back when. The hot pink just isn't his color. Maybe more brown tones would have worked better. . .

Reefer Shark
07-24-2004, 04:52 PM
It's too bad Hasbro can't make a 12" Luke like these guys...

Jedi Luke (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=52265)

It's also too bad that this is probably going to be very expensive as well :(

derek
07-25-2004, 03:04 PM

where are you hearing this? if so, it's non-sence! the ROTJ fett jumpsuit was more faded than the empire version, plus he had red gauntlets and a different belt! hasbro sucks! :mad:

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 03:08 PM
I totally forgot to ask about the color think at the con, but the Fett looks really nice in person. The stormies head is too small or something. If Luke didn't have that stupid look on his face it would be fine.

shammykenobi
07-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I've been tracking down information on the VOTC twelve inch fett variations over the past few weeks and here's what I've gathered.
-That the dark blue jumpsuit fett was a first run production error that was
shipped anyway,but has been officially corrected by hasbro with the gray
version, thus making the blue version rare and hard to find.
-That the difference in the color of the jumpsuit (dark blue/gray) is due to
random dye coloring differences and actually was not a production run
error, thus it was not/has not been corrected.
-That hasbro has said that the two different fett's actually represent the
subtle differences in the costumes worn by fett in ESB and ROTJ.
Apparently the gray suit is ESB and the blue suit is ROTJ.
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3124&zoneid=2 (http://)

Sounds nice, but if that's true then the costumes are still innacurate.
I have the blue suit fett and his back pack and wrist gauntlets are the
grey/green color that he wore in ESB. In ROTJ his gauntlets were red
and his back pack was the familiar yellow/blue/red. So in light of all this
does anyone know what's going on?

Reefer Shark
07-25-2004, 04:38 PM
It's a effin' riddle. Hasbro is just trying to cover their backside by saying that the different suits are representing different flicks (if they're really saying that). That's total BS.

It's a simple case of production error - nothing more. I really hope that when my pre-order arrives, it's the light grey version....

Tycho
07-25-2004, 05:49 PM

More likely, something else happened, and this is their attempt to spin doctor it.

I went to one non-StarWars panel at Comic Con, the theme was When Toys Go Wrong - big blunders and challenges in toy production. I was interested in the panel because Digger from ArtAsylum (Star Trek) was there, as well as Toy Biz, McFarlane, Palisades, etc.

An interesting hypothesis came out of there, though Hasbro did not participate in that panel.

When the design team send a prototype and design schematics over to the orient for production, sometimes a run comes out too large and too big before anything can be done to correct it without the company losing money.

Such might be the case with Fett's miscolored uniform.

I think they actually DID want to make both versions (ESB, ROTJ) of Fett available since it's mainly paint aps to his rocketpack that are different. However, someone in Hong Kong decided to embelish the differences between the 2 costumes used in the movie.

1) Some people will actually believe Hasbro's dumb excuse that the changes are intentional, (and it's not totally a lie) they spin this just for that reason: somebody who doesn't know better will buy it.

2) for those who DO know better, variation collectors, and I my best friend is one of them, will still go ape over this: "look it's blue, but this one's gray. Oooo!" (he doesn't read our forums so he doesn't know when I'm making fun of him, lol ) So why didn't Hasbro make a version in a pink jumpsuit for all of them is beyond me?

3) They don't want to lose the money because they couldn't or wouldn't stop production early enough on the wrong colors, so they're going to see how much of their losses K-mart (and in turn us) cover their expenses for their own problem :rolleyes:

To me though, why can't they just say it was a production error and they're not recalling them? Remember Elan Sleezebagno? The ears were an error, but admitting it did nothing from preventing many collectors from wanting the error figure and the corrected one.

It's not Hasbro that makes these mistakes always. There are people in 3rd World countries who make our figures and have never seen the movies (or don't care as much about them to get Fett's uniform exact (hey Purple is sort of close to gray-blue - why not just use purple for the next Fett guys?) so that's where some stuff happens. A competant supervisor with these contracted companies Hasbro does business with might be the solution that's in order. It depends if Hasbro has anyone that wants to live in the orient and is also a continuity expert. That might be a little rough.

JediTricks
07-25-2004, 11:43 PM
"More likely, something else happened, and this is their attempt to spin doctor it."
- That's why I called it a ridiculous claim. :p

I don't remember which site it was that reported it, someone sent me a link to the claim.

Samuel Windu
07-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Anyone found the grey suit???

jedi master sal
07-30-2004, 05:36 PM
I have found both and here are some links of pics I shot with my digicam last night:

Here are window and front box shots of each:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Fett_blue_window.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Fett_blue_box.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Fett_gray_window.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Fett_gray_box.jpg

Here are comparison shots of the front as well as windows:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Fett_grayANDblue_box.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Fett_comparison.jpg

(If you can't view the page, take off the http:// part of the website and try again)

But I'll post a small attachment of the window shot here anyway.

derek
07-30-2004, 06:03 PM
So in light of all this does anyone know what's going on?

yes, hasbro screwed up the first boba fett and lied about it.....it ain't no ROTJ fett, as his suit was even lighter than seen in ESB. it's an error.

JediTricks
07-30-2004, 08:31 PM
JMS, if I may ask, where did you get your hands on the gray one?

Also, if the links don't work (*and they won't, Geocities has blocking software to prevent outside linking), take off the "www." part of the link, not the "http://" which your browser has to add back in anyway.

jedi master sal
07-31-2004, 12:41 PM
Found both at same Kmart, about 10 days apart.

This is in Pittsburgh.

derek
08-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Anyone found the grey suit???

i found one at target. i really like this figure. i don't think any parts are re-used from jango fett. maybe the helmet, but i can't be 100% sure. there are little differences that lead me to think it's a new sculpt.
:confused:

i only have four complaints about this figure:

1. shoe feet. yep, that's right, he has shoe feet. not real feet, but molded shoes that plug into the ankle joint.

2. the gun. a bad sculpt that is hard for him to hold.

3. the figure has no neck. his helmet sits way too low on his shoulders.

4. the helmet-head. either a jango fett or a jeremy bullock head should of been used.

other than these 4 things, this is a really nice figure. it's almost marmit quality. i sat looking at my marmit and this one side by side, and hasbro has gotten pretty close. not perfect, but close.

the helmet is a little big, but the jumpsuit fits really well, the armour vest is really nicely sculpted and is weathered well. the wrist gauntlets and gloves look great. this is definately miles better than hasbro's previous 2 boba fetts.:)

i also saw the luke and stormtrooper in person. except for the goofy smile, the luke sculpt is actually pretty good, but that smile and the paint job ruin it. who knows what they were thinking approving that sculpt. i've always hated expression heads, unless they are included as an extra, interchangable head.
the rest of the luke figure is re-hashed crap. no way i'm paying $30 for him.

JEDIpartner
08-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I just took a run around to 2 Targets, a Kmart and a TRU on my lunch and there were 12" Lukes left on the shelves of all the stores. Apparently no one is all that interested in that drag-queen Luke. Poor thing. :(

:p

JEDIpartner
08-10-2004, 06:21 PM
It's rather sad, don'tcha think??

JediTricks
08-11-2004, 10:10 PM
NO it's not sad, it's poetic justice, Hasbro makes a poor-quality figure and is returned with poor sales. It's just too bad they can't see the forest for the trees in this situation.

BTW, I've also been spying that stupid awful smiling freakshow all over town at Targets & Kmarts lately.

Darth Jax
08-14-2004, 12:08 PM
with the carded 3 3/4" scale vintage we're paying more than a standard figure for increased articulation and the clam shell. but what's the extra $10-15 dollars going for on the 12" versions?

SirSteve
08-14-2004, 01:49 PM
yeah... $29.99 is expensive for these.

derek
08-14-2004, 06:33 PM
with the carded 3 3/4" scale vintage we're paying more than a standard figure for increased articulation and the clam shell. but what's the extra $10-15 dollars going for on the 12" versions?

i'm just guessing, but i would guess hasbro has cut production on these 12 inch figures, since they don't sell. if they make less of them, the cost per figure needed to make a profit must go up.

plus you get that super nifty box within a box!
lol

tagmac
08-15-2004, 12:14 AM
I wasn't gonna get any of these, but I found a 12" Stormtrooper today and picked it up when I saw the improvements. The helmet is much smaller, and more proportionate to the previous 12" versions, and the rifle appears to also be smaller. Haven't opened it yet - the packaging is just too nice.

arctangent
08-17-2004, 10:24 AM
yeah... $29.99 is expensive for these.

please, please do not complain at the price you have to pay for these. the cheapest pre-order price i have seen here in the uk for boba fett (which is the only one of these i want) is the equivalent of $60.00 :sur: !

so i think you, my dear american cousins across the pond, have it cheap and easy.

JediTricks
08-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Just because it's cheaper than the foreign market prices does not make it cheap, it is still overpriced here in the US at $30. You guys are paying 33 pounds but even if you were paying half that it'd still be overpriced.

arctangent
08-18-2004, 06:51 AM
Just because it's cheaper than the foreign market prices does not make it cheap, it is still overpriced here in the US at $30. You guys are paying 33 pounds but even if you were paying half that it'd still be overpriced.

ha! we are paying that for the 3 3/4" votc figures. i am sorry jeditricks, i have little sympathy with you when we get ripped off the way we do :greedy: !

JediTricks
08-18-2004, 09:47 PM
That's what you get for having so few SW buyers, I guess. :p The issue really is apples & oranges though.

tagmac
08-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Perhaps I can settle the whole debate over what color Boba's costume really is. I was looking at a pic I took of the costume when they had the SW exhibit at the Brooklyn museum two years ago. The color is definitely a very slight bluish-gray, but more gray than blue.

arctangent
08-19-2004, 08:16 AM
That's what you get for having so few SW buyers, I guess. :p The issue really is apples & oranges though.

well there would be more star wars buyers if there was more star wars stuff to buy, seeing as we are always about three to six months behind america. with any luck, we might just get some of the votc stuff through just as 'revenge... ' is opening.

and i prefer bananas myself ;)

Perhaps I can settle the whole debate over what color Boba's costume really is. I was looking at a pic I took of the costume when they had the SW exhibit at the Brooklyn museum two years ago. The color is definitely a very slight bluish-gray, but more gray than blue.

i would never trust a photograph to give an accurate colour representation of anything. colour in photos can depend on lighting, both direct and ambient, the make of film used, processing chemicals and temperature and, of course, variations in how each individual sees colours slightly differently from everyone else. that's not to say your photograph isn't an entirely correct representation of what boba fett's costume looks like though :crazed: !

tagmac
08-19-2004, 01:14 PM
True, but, for what it's worth, I'm going by memory as well. Having seen it in person, I do remember it being more gray than blue.

arctangent
08-20-2004, 04:58 AM
True, but, for what it's worth, I'm going by memory as well. Having seen it in person, I do remember it being more gray than blue.

its alright, tagmac, i was only trying to wind you up ;) ! i saw boba fett's costume when the star wars exhibition came to the barbican in london a few years ago and you are right it is definately more grey than blue (to my eyes, anyway).

tagmac
08-20-2004, 11:46 AM
It's all good. You did make a valid point.

mm74md
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM
but what's the extra $10-15 dollars going for on the 12" versions?

Even the last few waves of the Saga 12" line were $24.99 at Wal-Mart. I'd say it's more like an extra $5-$10 for the super cool box.

arctangent
08-23-2004, 05:43 AM
i actually managed to find a boba fett on saturday in a sci-fi shop i have driven past many times but never had the time to stop and check it out. couldn't resist and had to buy him even though i really shouldn't have. i have to say he is a very nice figure but the helmet looks slightly too large, especially as he has no neck. i can't get him to hold the gun very well because the piece where the hand goes appears to be 3-4 mm too short but he still looks good. the major quibble i have is that he seems to have spent too much time in a canteena and just will not stand up for more than about five minutes at a time. i don't know whether he has loose leg/feet joints (they feel alright) but i just cannot find a pose where he actually wants to balance and stay upright. :ermm: !

OC47150
08-23-2004, 07:51 AM
I saw the 12" VOTC stormie in person for the first time this weekend. Not too bad, but I thought the head was in disapportion with the rest of the body.

Still haven't seen a Fett in the stores. Luke is OK.

ronhudy
08-27-2004, 11:12 AM
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS FIGURE?!

I saw it for the first time last night at Wal-Mart...the queerest looking thing I have ever seen! He looks like a New Kids on the Block doll or something, with that stupid smile! :confused:

mm74md
08-27-2004, 04:42 PM
It is a bit silly. I'd buy it for $9.99...maybe just for the box.

ronhudy
08-27-2004, 07:19 PM
It is a bit silly. I'd buy it for $9.99...maybe just for the box.

LOL! Exactly...except it'll be 9.99 at Wal-Mart or Kay-Bee in 6 months - and the box will be beat to hell!

TheDarthVader
08-27-2004, 07:24 PM
I agree. The 12" OTC luke is the worst face sculpt 12" Luke ever! I do not know why they sculpted such an ugly face. Sadly, Hasbro does not know better. Oh well, I will not be buying it.

B.
TDV

ShinGodConvoy
08-27-2004, 10:07 PM
I don't think is all that bad. When you see it in person, it looks better. I think the whole smile thing is to make it reminiscent of the original 12". If you ignore the smile though, it is a pretty good likeness to Mark Hamill. The only real problem I have with it is the tunic. Its sleeves should be a little bit longer and wider. Maybe Hasbro could produce a variant without the smile ;) .

ronhudy
08-28-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't think is all that bad. When you see it in person, it looks better. I think the whole smile thing is to make it reminiscent of the original 12". If you ignore the smile though, it is a pretty good likeness to Mark Hamill. The only real problem I have with it is the tunic. Its sleeves should be a little bit longer and wider. Maybe Hasbro could produce a variant without the smile ;) .

I don't think it looks like Mark at all! The hair color is WAY TOO light, and I don't recall him smiling so much and wearing lipstick in the film! :)

It's all in the eye of the beholder though, I guess.

Cheers!

Knightfall
08-28-2004, 08:34 PM
My opinion is this: If the idea was to make him look "vintage," Hasbro's succeeded. The cheesy smile and questionable likeness gives him a very 70s feel. However, if the idea was to make him look "awesome," like the VOTCs and the other 12" figures, they failed miserably.

1st Prime
08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi, sorry if this was posted before i couldn't find it. Which 12" vintage Fett is rare? Blue or Grey? Thanks so much.

mm74md
08-30-2004, 02:43 PM
The Blue one is harder to find.

1st Prime
08-30-2004, 02:51 PM
The Blue one is harder to find.
thank u very much for the info!:)

Vortex
08-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Don't know about the shops around you, but I managed to find both easliy. I think I found 5 Blue and 3 Grey. Good luck in the hunt. They are both very cool pieces.

JediTricks
08-30-2004, 10:40 PM
BTW, I finally tried to stand this figure up today, those shoe-feet have the weakest ankles of any 12" figure I own, SW or not. I swear, if I hadn't just gotten my money back on a defective Transformer from that Kmart, I'd have taken this Boba Fett back already.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-14-2004, 10:12 PM
I found Luke and Boba Fett with the tape in the corner. I already have a blue Fett, but are these with the tape that much rarer or not? Id hate to spend the money and find out there is no difference.........Thanks