PDA

View Full Version : Kubrick "like" figures

evenflow
02-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on these box sets. Are they made by medicom or are they a different company?

sith_killer_99
02-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Medicom actuall put out some Star Wars Kubricks.

Early Bird box set mock up
Luke Tatooine 12 back style carded (Limited Edition)
Boba Fett 21 back style carded (Limited Edition)
Wave 1 (The Bounty Hunters)
Wave 2 (Han, Sandtrooper, etc)

Then there were the early "Kubrick like" figures which were neither officially licensed, nor official Medicom products. I have seen these things up close and they don't even compare to the Medicom Kubricks in terms of detail and quality.

I haven't been able to determine who exactly put these out, but they don't appear to be on par with Medicom in terms of quality, so I would have to say they were produced by soem other Japanese copany.

Unfortunatly, these "Kubrick like" sets came with some really cool figures (Han and Luke in Stormtrooper outfits...Darth Vader with removable helmet, etc.). Now that Medicom has the green light to produce, I am praying that they will do these figures!

evenflow
02-14-2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the help.

bobafrett
02-14-2004, 09:14 AM
I won on eBay what I thought was a Kubrick biker scout with speeder bike, in a metal tin, and a Bobafett. I noticed that the heads pop off way to easy, so they both stay in the tins. I got the bounty hunter series by Kubrick, and I have to say the quality is much better, much more detailed.

evenflow
02-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Cool. See I actually thought that the Biker Scout was from Medicom, thanks. I will stay away from that one.

bobafrett
02-14-2004, 10:11 AM
I will try to post some pictures maybe tomorrow along with the real Kubricks. I know the Kubrick "like" Bobafett I have a very hard time keeping his head on. I almost glued it in place. I don't think the Biker Scout is all that bad, but t depends on how much you are going to pay for it. Photos later.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-14-2004, 01:51 PM
I will try to post some pictures maybe tomorrow along with the real Kubricks. I know the Kubrick "like" Bobafett I have a very hard time keeping his head on. I almost glued it in place. I don't think the Biker Scout is all that bad, but t depends on how much you are going to pay for it. Photos later.I got the wave 2 one recently with Han, Obi, Tusken, etc... I am now hooked and will hunt down the others in the other waves.

bobafrett
02-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Go to this link, and see the Kubricks Vs. the "like" Kubricks that I own. You'll notice the difference in quality.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=171196

[DSS]Pedr0
02-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Go to this link, and see the Kubricks Vs. the "like" Kubricks that I own. You'll notice the difference in quality.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=171196
Cheap piece of crap is right. Altho I do like the Bker Scout w/ Speeder. Those types of variants are cool as hell.

bobafrett
02-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Pedr0']Cheap piece of crap is right. Altho I do like the Bker Scout w/ Speeder. Those types of variants are cool as hell.

I liked it too, until I saw how much more detailed the Kubrick figures are.