Darkness Shroud
02-14-2004, 07:04 AM
cool but its on xbox :frus:

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I NEED PICS !!!:evil:

Darth Kirk
02-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Yup, since KOTOR, LucasArts has made a deal with microsoft, but there will still be future titles on other gaming consoles, just not the very cool ones :evil:

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Its wack. He will use his 4 sabers and I want to see what his bodygaurd's look like.

angellus
02-18-2004, 03:27 PM
What does a guy who can wield four lightsabers need with bodyguards?

-Durge-
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Very true that, very true.

Hellboy
02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
The game sounds sweet and I'm glad its going to be on the X-Box. It definately has some tough competition though in Halo 2 when its released later this year.

In the future -Durge- you might want to post this kind of info. in the Video Games area of the forums since it will probably end up getting moved there anyways. :)

-Durge-
02-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Yes, I'm sorry. I will do in future.

Toad
02-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Man, I really really really really really really hope that this Grievous thing turns out to be a hoax, or just EU stuff. I think it's way too cartoonish, and Farscape-ish, and Star Trek-ish. It's WAY too arbitrary to just throw this dude into an already exceedingly-complicated movie.

Tie up the loose ends, Lucas!!! Don't create more chaos!

-Durge-
02-19-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm sorry, but there is already a pic of him...

Pendo
02-20-2004, 05:43 AM
Grevious is now officialy official on the official site :crazed::D.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/publicity/news20040220.html

PENDO!

Darth Alex
02-20-2004, 07:18 AM
I'm not really sure where to put this in the forums, but today's USA Today has a photo of the cartoon Grevious. Go to the life section and it's on the page along with a lead article on the end runs of some popular T.V. series. It has a little caption about who the general is and the photo makes him look a little nuts. I think he looks like a metal version of the insane grasshopper from A Bug's Life in this photo:) . No offense to fans of the good General, but the cartoon one is not exactly what I expected to see...although, I am really looking forward to him(I guess it is a he?) in action in the movie. I like the SW droids and he outta be pretty awesome, being part droid and all.
BTW, I don't have a scanner, nor do I know someone who can scan the photo. Otherwise, I'd put up a picture for all to see...

Darth Alex
02-20-2004, 08:03 AM
I now see the 'A new villian approaches thread'...I agree, Grevious is looking a little dorky...as a cartoon that is. Can't wait for the cartoon figure:p .

-Durge-
02-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Grevious is now officialy official on the official site :crazed::D.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/publicity/news20040220.html

PENDO!Pendo I take it you did not see my threed.:zzz:

Darth Kirk
02-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Yup, the pic looks a little on the thin side to me.. I like Grevious on the cover of the new Boba Fett book coming out in March.. The book pic will probably be what we will see in the movie.. Thanks Durge.

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:29 AM
No problem. The bigger pic looks better I think.

Pendo
02-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Hmmm, the latest Episode III webdoc calls him "Grievous" NOT Grevious. Why the late name change??? Or has it always been Grievous and I've just been spelling it wrong :crazed::p?

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Good point Pendo.

Battle Droid
02-28-2004, 08:35 PM
I just heard the Generals voice. (cartoon version anyway.) :eek:

-Durge-
02-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Bulldust!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Tell me all about it!!! Any pics of him with sabers!!!

TELL ME!!! TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
02-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Durge,
GL decided to cut out the idea of GG having multiple sabers. He's only going to have one now.

Pendo
02-29-2004, 05:37 AM
Durge,
GL decided to cut out the idea of GG having multiple sabers. He's only going to have one now.
Well that's good news :D. I didn't like the idea of him having multiple sabers.

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Durge,
GL decided to cut out the idea of GG having multiple sabers. He's only going to have one now.No NO and NO!!! Please tell me your only jokeing....:cry:

2-1B
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
:sur: Oops, sorry, that was from a dream I had the other night. :D

If only dreams could come true . . . :cry: :cry: :cry:

Pendo
03-01-2004, 05:49 PM

DAMN YOU CAESAR!!!!! :mad:

:rolleyes:

:p

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2004, 07:37 PM

:crazed:
Oh man, that was funny. I wonder though, how the hell could he have four sabers in the first place? He's only got two hands. I'd like him a lot better if he only used one or two at a time, then got out the others for backup after the main ones had been destroyed. If he's a cyborg anyway, how can he be a Jedi or Sith/Dark Jedi? The more I think about it, the less I like him.

2-1B
03-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Aren't bionics the best ? :p

I hope the UltraEdition of the OT has Vader with 4 lightsabers . . . I mean, we know one hand is mechanical so why not the other? Shouldn't be too hard to do an upgrade on his non-expanding forearms. :p

P.S. sorry Pendo ;)

-Durge-
03-03-2004, 12:41 AM

If only dreams could come true . . . :cry: :cry: :cry:Hahahahahahaha you PUNK'D me!!!

:rolleyes: :o

jawaboy
03-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Could it be that General Grievous is Sifo-Dyas? Perhaps the reason he doesn't have a body and just a head is because he was murdered and brought back to life by Palpy. It would explain why he is so good with a lightsaber and why he is able to take on the Jedi.

Perhaps George is setting it up to look like Gen. Grievous becomes Darth Vader, then only to reveal it in ESB. Then the quote about a Jedi "betraying and murdering your father" sounds more like Grievous.

Why else would Lucas mention a murdered Jedi who is somehow still lurking around? Who in the new movie has Jedi skills but is missing a dead body? Yep, so my prediction is that Gen. Grievous is Sifo-Dyas. Taking bets.

2-1B
03-04-2004, 03:29 AM
I'll take that bet. :D

George has zero interest in "preserving" Anakin's identity . . . not unless he cuts some dialogue from ANH.

Pendo
03-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Could it be that General Grievous is Sifo-Dyas? Perhaps the reason he doesn't have a body and just a head is because he was murdered and brought back to life by Palpy. It would explain why he is so good with a lightsaber and why he is able to take on the Jedi.

Perhaps George is setting it up to look like Gen. Grievous becomes Darth Vader, then only to reveal it in ESB. Then the quote about a Jedi "betraying and murdering your father" sounds more like Grievous.

Why else would Lucas mention a murdered Jedi who is somehow still lurking around? Who in the new movie has Jedi skills but is missing a dead body? Yep, so my prediction is that Gen. Grievous is Sifo-Dyas. Taking bets.
Good thinking I like that :), although I still think Sifo-Dyas is still Sidious. I especially like the Grievous as Vader thing, I have also suggested this and hope that we are right :). The only thing I want from Episode III is for Anakin's new identity not to be revealed. But it looks like I am going to be really disapointed :(.

George has zero interest in "preserving" Anakin's identity . . . not unless he cuts some dialogue from ANH.
I don't think any dialogue needs to be cut from ANH. True it wouldn't make much sense, but not enough for the new audience to loose the story. Besides, it's all cleared up in TESB and ROTJ!

PENDO!

jad
03-04-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm really digging this character, if you can't tell by my avatar. One of the things i'm really excited about is his cool speeder (if you can call it that) he gets around on. It's more like a cool weel thing, but i'm sure it will make a fantastic toy. It will be interesting to see the thing in action. Hopefully we might get a preview of how it moves in the first or second ep III trailers this fall.

jawaboy
03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it is a nice avatar. I think it's most striking that Grievous' eyes are just like Storm Troopers eyes. And his mouth is reminescent of Vader's mask. I'm not so sure that this is Grievous' face tho, it sort of looks like a mask, but I could be wrong. Either way, it reminds me of Vader and the Stormies.

-Durge-
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Is he still going to wear a helmet??

joesdomain
03-05-2004, 12:02 AM
I hope General Grevious character will die during the film. It would not make sense to allow him to live if he isn't in the original trilogy.

-Durge-
03-05-2004, 12:27 AM
He does die. Obi-wan kills him.

joesdomain
03-05-2004, 01:53 PM
I hope General Grevious is not the guy who erased the Kamino files. It makes more sense to have Count Dooku erase the files before he left the Jedi Order.

Beast
03-11-2004, 12:51 PM
The General is featured on the upcoming issue of Star Wars Insider. Also, rumors indicate that he does indeed have force powers. Heh. The oddest thing I read that at one time it was considered to make the brain and eyes of General Grevious be Maul's. But that was thankfully dropped. From what rumors are coming out, it sounds like he does have 4 sabers. 3 green and 1 blue. And the 1 blue is Shaak Ti's, who he brutally kills early in the film. Sweeeeeeeet. :)

http://paizo.com/image/product/magazine_issue/swinsider/75/cover_500.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Droid
03-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Am I the only one who is getting tired of these additional Sith, evil Jedi, Sith witch, bad guys with force powers, bad guys with lightsabers, whatever you want to call them? If I had written the prequels I would have had numerous Dark Lords, but Lucas/Yoda said there were only two, a master and an apprentice, the end. We have Dooku and Palpatine, so why do we have Ventress and the General and all of this? There are only supposed to be two!

Beast
03-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Droid, there are only supposed to be two 'Sith Lords'. There can be numerous Dark Jedi's. The Sith Lords have some training and abilities that arn't accessable by basic Dark Jedi's because they're tightly guarded secrets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Droid
03-11-2004, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=JarJarBinks]Droid, there are only supposed to be two 'Sith Lords'. There can be numerous Dark Jedi's. The Sith Lords have some training and abilities that arn't accessable by basic Dark Jedi's because they're tightly guarded secrets. :)

JarJarBinks, I usually agree with you. And I understand our desire to have many neat evil Force users for the Jedi to fight. But I think you are splitting hairs. I understand that in Star Wars any plot flaw can be explained by calling it a certain point of view, but Lucas laid it out in the Phantom Menace - two evil Force users (Sith) at a time. And what troubles me more is that Ventress and the General work with Dooku (and probably Sidiuos). I could buy it, for instance if Depa Billaba turns to the Dark Side and is not a Sith. She just works independently. I could also buy it if Dooku planned to turn on Sidious and drafted Ventress to be HIS apprentice. But anytime you get three of them working together, you're breaking the rules.

And it plays out in the classic trilogy, before we ever new of this rule Lucas made up. Vader wanted Luke to join him to destroy the Emperor. (But did Vader know the rule?) Sidious knew there would only be two, so when Vader proposed turning him, Sidious likely planned to replace Vader (who he may have suspected of turning against him) with Luke. Or perhaps he just wanted the strongest person. He sensed Luke and Vader would fight and let the winner become the apprentice.

Anyway, to make a long story short, Lucas did what he often does, made up something he wanted to change later. I predict if Lucas had it to do over again there would be many many Sith Lords to make action figures of.

As it stands, there should only be two folks with red lightsabers at a time unless they are fighting one another!

Droid
03-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Also, don't you think that the movies should be a little more accessible to the public? If the average person knows the two Sith rule and sees Episode III and there's all these folks with red lightsabers, isn't a little silly to say, "No, that isn't a plot flaw. You see only two are TECHNICALLY Sith." Anytime you use technically to explain why something isn't a plot flaw you're pushing it in my opinion.

Droid
03-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Not to harp on this, but if the Rule is that there are only five players on a basketball team, you can't get around the rule just by saying the other players are "helpers". Sidious and Dooku run Evil, Inc. It is supposed to be a two man operation. How many people can they have helping them before the two person rule is broken?

Sebulba_Fett
03-11-2004, 06:07 PM
I realize this may be EU but it will hopefully work as an explanation none the less. I don't remember specifically where all of this occurred. Maybe someone can help me out. But in Star Wars history, the Sith are just an off-shoot religion that focuses on the dark side. At one time there were thousands of Sith but there was this war and it eventually was decided that there should only be two. The name of the Sith Lord that decided this escapes me at the moment (I really need to look this up but I'm at work right now). Anyways, the fact that there are only 2 at a time would stay in effect because the Sith are only a faction of dark force users. There could be numerous other dark jedi running around. It's just that they aren't Sith.

Tycho
03-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Well the picture is up and everyone should have seen it on the front page.

I'm not sure what this discussion about 2 Sith Lords or 20 is, but I don't have as much time to read them any more.

It'll be settled once more TFN stuff leaks or whatever. At least I have a lot of things I want to do before 2005 gets here and I know it'll be settled then.

Meanwhile, Grevious' image? Red herring for Vader? Hard to imagine. Still my own plot perspective I'm fond of has a red herring to hide the fact that Anakin survived until ESB's revelation to Luke.

If that was in order, Obi-Wan's line "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi. He betrayed and murdered your father."

So, is there time in the movie for:

1) Obi-Wan to save Grevious' life - or refuse to kill him at some point - so that there could be a motivation for Vader (if E3 could lead some audience to believe he's actually Grevious) to let Obi-Wan go (or Anakin's son) - which is the reason I believe that Luke Skywalker's name was never changed and he was brought to live in an obvious location (Tatooine).

2) Grevious to learn anything from Obi-Wan to suggest he might have once been a Jedi, or someone who Obi-Wan taught something to (for how ever brief of time).

I think Grevious would be hard (but not impossible) to use as a red herring. Destroyed, he could be rebuilt into Vader if Anakin could...

The better red herring is to have Obi-Wan have a new, tempermental, untrained padawan that goes AWOL during the end of the Clone Wars.

The purpose of the red herring is to complete the prequel trilogy by folding it into a 12 hour movie (all 6 put together) with story surprises intact for someone seeing them in chron order for the very first time, knowing nothing about Star Wars. (a girl I'm seeing now has never seen ANY SW movie and I might show them to her if she asks - but I bet you she does NOT know Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father - and probably most of her girlfriends don't know that either. Somehow, their meaningless lives do go on without this crucial bit of information. And my children (seeing as how I don't have any) haven't seen SW either - and don't know Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.)

HECK - WE DON'T KNOW IF ANAKIN HAD A FATHER! Shmi could have omitted him (if he's Dooku) or lied about it for whatever reason. If she felt abandoned by the man who "created" Anakin with her, she'd barely be exaggerating by saying there was no father. So Star Wars is interesting without there being popular knowledge before seeing a movie since none of us knows for certain what'll become revealed in Episode 3.

Just "Grevious" being DV's assumed identity seems like a hard (but not impossible) sell to the audience. If they made his armor black...well maybe.

Beast
03-12-2004, 02:40 AM
No thanks Tycho. I'm not intrested in any lame red herrings to try to hide the secret. And there's no reason to really hope for them. Lucas has stated that this is the story of 'Anakin Skywalker'. It's no different then stories where the audience is let in on the shocking secret, before the characters are.

If you're so dependant on there being a secret for future generations....then don't show your offspring the movies in episode order. Show them to them in production order. In the end it's your choice. But don't demand a bunch of lame red herrings, that wouldn't be able to maintain the secret anyway.

Because when Obi-Wan opens his yap about Anakin and Darth Vader in ANH, most people are going to be pretty darn sure it's Anakin. Regardless of red herrings. And the only major change, is the fact that the shock goes from one of the audience, to more of empathizing with Luke's pain and shock. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Grievous as a red herring for Vader? That sounds kind of dumb. There could be another red herring Padawan, as Anakin is a Jedi Knight and Obi-Wan doesn't really need to train him anymore. So Obi-Wan may have taken on another Padawan, though it's doubtful.

Anyway, Grievous looks a lot better as a film character than a cartoon character. He's not as bad as I expected. I'm glad he has stuff inside him and isn't just hollow bones, like the cartoon character.

Battle Droid
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
From, http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/03/news20040315.html

The New Face of Evil
March 15, 2004

"Was he a creature that reconstructed itself as a droid? Or was he a droid that incorporated organic body parts in an effort to be truly alive?" asks Warren Fu, a concept artist that helped visualize General Grievous, the mysterious and deadly new villain of Episode III.
Star Wars Insider #75 takes an inside look at the development of the General of the Droid Army in a special feature entitled, "Grievous Era." Art Department members Iain McCaig, Ryan Church, Robert Barnes and Warren Fu talk about the creation of the General through sketches and maquettes, to the finished design approved by George Lucas.

Described as "mechanical decadence," the design style of General Grievous was honed over time into the new icon of evil. "He's actually developed a sense of vanity, a pride in how he looks," says Barnes, who labored over the final sculpt of the maquette, "but he also considers the mechanical to be the ideal, so he's redesigned himself over time. No component of him is off the shelf."

To signify the importance of this new foe, General Grievous graces the cover of the next Star Wars Insider. Though his finished computer-generated form has just been approved at ILM, the cover features artwork from Art Department member Alex Jaeger. The article also features quotes from Genndy Tartakovsky and Paul Rudish, the lead artists behind the Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series, where Grievous is set to debut in a special double-length episode next month.

Read up on General Grievous' latest Clone War conquests in a special edition of HoloNet News. A key world has fallen to the Separatists, and General Grievous is leading a terrifying push deeper into the heart of the Republic.

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/03/img/20040315_1_bg.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/03/img/20040315_2_bg.jpg