PDA

View Full Version : OTC playsets please

Kidhuman
02-14-2004, 11:26 AM
NOw that you have this OTC line Hasbro, how about giving us some revamps of OTC playsets. Among them could be the following:

Creature Cantina
Death Star
Tatooine
Hoth
Imperial Ataack Base
Dagobah
Ewok Village
The Carbonite set
A bespin set would be nice
Jabbas Palace(to go along with our new Jabba, give it a throne)

It would only make sense since we are getting rehashes of the vehicles and figures. Give a place tohang out for awhile

B'Omarr Monkey
02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree on more playsets, especially the cantina and Jabba's palace--in plastic this time, please. I'd also love a Deathstar playset, even if it had to be done as seperate components, though making a larger core playset (like the vintage one) with seperate attachable component parts would be great, too.

This may be an odd one, but since the vintage line, I've always wanted the Lars homestead as a playset. Even a moisture vaporator would be good.

I also wouldn't mind a playset of the interior of the Millennium Falcon that was actually in scale with the figures. I understand why the toy of the ship itself has to be out of scale (remember those big MF's that used to hang from the ceilings of TRU? Those are in scale and they are 6 feet across), but a playset of the interior including just the main hold, cockpit and adjoining hallway (I know this takes slight liberties with the actual layout) would be great in my opinion.

Sidiously Darth
02-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Don't we already have a Carbon Freezing Chamber playset? :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2004, 01:54 PM
I agree! Here's my thoughts on the ones kidhuman said:

Creature Cantina - If they finally released cantina wave 2 this fall in the OTC, that would rock. But since we already have wave 1 and the cardboard version, we don't really need a whole playset (unless it comes with more figures). I'd still like to see some more cantina people with bar pieces or tables, maybe even basic or ultra figures.
Death Star - Since they're going so slap-happy with the rereleases, why don't they rerelease the sets from 1996. Like Swing to Freedom and Cell Block Rescue or whatever they were called. They've already done a lot with the Death Star (trash compactor, POTJ 20th anniversary sets) that their playset choices are limited.
Tatooine - Er, not sure about this. Give us a sandcrawler and that'd be great. They dont really need to make a Lars Homestead or anything.
Hoth - The Wampa cave is a great mini-playset. They should rerelease that Hoth set from 1996 as well and call it a day.
Imperial Ataack Base - Not sure about this, but okay.
Dagobah - Retool/rerelease the vintage version, it looks really cool.
Ewok Village - Same as above.
The Carbonite set - Already have it?
Bespin - Maybe with the torture rack and dinner table. It could work.
Jabbas Palace - I like the cardboard version myself, but a new dais for Jabba would be good.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-22-2004, 06:31 PM
What were those moini playsets called from back in the 80s? The one's with the die cast figures. They made some interconnecting Hoth, Bespin, and Death Star sets. Those on a 3 3/4" scale would be great, that way even though it might cost $150 for a complete Death Star playset, you could buy it in $30-$50 dollar chunks.

Bespin should include the areas where Luke and Vader duelled including the room where Vader levitates all the stuff at Luke and knocks him through the window. I don't care about the dining room, or guest quarters. I think the torture rack should be a Han deluxe set.

Sentinel18725
02-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Playsets would be great! I think the main point here is that we are wanting OTC playsets!

How about a Hoth command center room so you can put up the tactical display....

Tatooine: Two level Jabbas palace.....you don't even need alot of plastic for this, just give us a one sided palace that you can remove the top floor and be able to see in and down into the Rancor pit and the droid dungeon....this would be great...you could even have a little space of plastic sand connecting it to the Sarlacc...throw in a new sailbarge out there and a stand and you can thrust Boba into the pits mouth

How about the planning room before the battle of endor!

many more ideas to come...

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 09:03 AM
What were those moini playsets called from back in the 80s? The one's with the die cast figures. They made some interconnecting Hoth, Bespin, and Death Star sets. Those on a 3 3/4" scale would be great, that way even though it might cost $150 for a complete Death Star playset, you could buy it in $30-$50 dollar chunks.

You are talking about the Micro Machine playsets. The Hoth had the Ion cannon and like 2 other pieces toit. Those would be pretty cool to have.

Iagree the Death Star should be sold in pieces. havea new piece come out every three to four months so it doesnt cost to much in one shot. But if they do it like that, they would have to follow through with it no matter what. Not like the Cantina sets and only give us half of it.

Kidhuman
05-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Well Hasbro????? Any word yet????? Are ya gonna give us playsets.....that would be completely Vintage of you guys.

evenflow
05-12-2004, 08:03 AM
DAGOBAH all the way. Give us an upgrade fromt he vinatge one with the Hut and moat. Add some creatures, it would be awesome. I wouldn't mind a Droid factory either with lots of parts so we can make droids from the movies.

Kidhuman
05-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks Evenflow, I knew I left something off my list and it was the Droid Factory. Jabbas Dungeon as well.

Kidhuman
10-16-2004, 08:52 PM
GUess we arent getting any playsets. :frown: :beard: