PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of new mini busts, Sandtrooper, Gam Guard, X-wing Luke and more

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Here's some pictures fromthe toy fair.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Here's some pictures fromthe toy fair.
In those pics, it looks like we will have some more chase variants. The Sandtroopers have BOTH a white pauldron and an orange one, with the regular Stormtrooper as well.

bobafrett
02-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Yes, and I'm noticing a couple of regular Stormtroopers there as well! Very, very excited about the upcoming stuff from Gentle Giants!

[DSS]Pedr0
02-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Yes, and I'm noticing a couple of regular Stormtroopers there as well! Very, very excited about the upcoming stuff from Gentle Giants!
I believe the ones on the bottom are a part of the Deluxe line and have interchangeable arms/weapons/poses.

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 01:51 PM
You both would be correct. I hate how GG does business, but their product it so nice. I'm trying to just stick with the Army guys, but that Gam Guard and Bossk look great. I guess I don't like the human busts, just like hasbro, they never get it just right.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-14-2004, 01:52 PM
You both would be correct. I hate how GG does business, but their product it so nice. I'm trying to just stick with the Army guys, but that Gam Guard and Bossk look great. I guess I don't like the human busts, just like hasbro, they never get it just right.
I will disagree with you on the Tarkin one and the upcoming Luke one. They are DEAD ON in likeness.

derek
02-14-2004, 04:11 PM
yea, that luke is perfect. i was wondering what they were waiting for. now where are han and leia?

plo koon 200
02-14-2004, 05:23 PM
What's up with Hasbro? Is Hasbro not at Toy Fair this year? Why have I yet to see Hasbro pics? I want to see the rest of the Saga AOTC figures and that Ultra Vader.

JediTricks
02-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Toy Fair didn't actually start until today, which is why we have Hasbro coverage up now.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Toy Fair didn't actually start until today, which is why we have Hasbro coverage up now.
Any way to get specifics of the Stormtrooper mini busts?? Like are the Orange/White Pauldron Stormies chase pieces or are they each their own piece to be released? Then there is the regular stormie. Is that 3 pieces to be released or 1 with 2 variants? Thanks for any info in advance. :D

Jayspawn
02-16-2004, 06:31 PM
I think the Luke likeness is dead-on. The likeness of the Tarkin and Dooku busts are good too. I dont care which version of Sandtrooper I get as long as I get one. The Stormtrooper is a must.

jedihunter25
02-17-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't collect mini-busts- but I'll have to get the Sandtrooper one.

JediCole
02-23-2004, 03:19 PM
I think that the Gentle Giant line is becoming so diverse that even those who don't technically collect statues and/or busts are buying one or two because of the incredible likenesses of their favorite characters. I bought Boba Fett as the likeness and pose were so dead-on. I'm glad I did as the inclusion of Bossk in the line suggests that we may see all of the Episode V bounty hunters! I am still considering Tarkin as well, that is the single best likeness of any human characters so far, and that is remarkable considering the first five were derived from scans of the actors! The soon-to-be-released Biker Scout and Greedo also look great. And overall this line just keeps getting better. With the exception of the Clone Trooper busts, I've sold out of every single bust in the line to date, including the Biker Scout and Greedo as I've had a preorder for those!
And in reference to my earlier statement, even Dingodad has requested a Gamorrean Guard bust and may be considering others.