PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of of Boxed Red Leaders X-wing. It has to still be a mock up.

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 01:10 PM
I say this, because there are 2 pilots in the package and the R5 droid is still a piece of card board. The Pilot looks like he doesn't have a removable helmet. What a crock! It better have a R5 in there.

pegger
02-14-2004, 02:24 PM
After seeing these pics, I'm somewhat disappointed...

If there is no R5 droid, I will not be getting it....

JediTricks
02-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Ugh, this looks like the final version. I knew something looked weird about that astromech in previous pictures!

Mandalorian Candidat
02-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing, JT. It just looks so odd with that flat R2 in there that I can't bring myself to say it's definitely the final product. Yes, I know Hasbro's involved but even they couldn't botch it up that badly, could they?

I was wondering if the "cardboard R2" was removable so you could at least swap out different R2 units like the red one from the Queen's starship.

jjreason
02-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Well I'll "have" to get one because it comes with a figure - but I'll be extremely disappointed if that piece of cardboard doesn't cover up a port that an R2 or R5 could fit into. The droid should be in the package - but it doesn't look like it. I would pay for a separate one on card to complete the piece if they put one out.

LTBasker
02-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Yep, kinda sad. I guess they figure a cardboard standin for the droid is better than kids seeing an empty hole. Btw the second pilot figure is a cardboard cutout, if you look at the sideview you can see it's flat (and theres no shading in top view).

For $30 though it might not be so bad... I picked up an extra Sail Barge R2 to plop in there anyways.

Kidhuman
02-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Looks like I still wont be buying an X-wing, pack in or not. It needs an R2 unit or some droid. Maybe, just maybe, when you remove the cardboard one will pop-up. Hopefully

Silent Chazz
02-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Im either going to get this or the OTC X-wing. I don't have a single X-wing in my collection. My Collection consists of Two "ships" being: a POTFII Vader's TIE Fighter and a Clone Wars Anakin's modified Jedi Starfighter

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2004, 08:54 PM
This package looks like junk, but I'll still get it. I need another X-wing for variety in my dioramas and setups. They should've done something like the green A-wing, with the pilot standing next to the ship. The cardboard pilot and droid are just dumb.

Oh well, I guess they're purposely trying to be dumb a little more before they start pulling their weight with the OTC line. :crazed:

JediBoulton
02-14-2004, 09:07 PM
This is the biggest bunch of CRAP !!! HASBRO -- ARE YOU LISTENING TO ALL THESE POLLS YOU ARE SENDING US?!?!

The last X-wing they released was pretty good. We finally got the removable R2 Unit we wanted and even got an R2 Unit that wasn't that bad either -- not to mention the little accessories to put behind the seat.

Now, lets re-release this thing -- give everyone a crappy pilot with helmet head and dont give us a R2 unit that we have ALL been looking forward to since they screwed up R5-D4 in the POTF line (dont get me started on that one). We could have at least gotten something like R4-M9 -- but NOOOO -- we get CARDBOARD!!

Hasbro -- you guys are brilliant!! :(

Sidiously Darth
02-14-2004, 09:12 PM
I never bought the TRU exclusive X-Wing b/c it wouldn't match my other 3 X-Wings. I never bought the super duper electronic one for the same reason. I'm sure as heck not buying this one. Well, if it came with an R5, I'd make an exception. I'd just keep the figures and sell the ship off.

Maybe we'll get to see pics of the final, final version. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
02-15-2004, 03:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing, JT. It just looks so odd with that flat R2 in there that I can't bring myself to say it's definitely the final product. Yes, I know Hasbro's involved but even they couldn't botch it up that badly, could they?

I was wondering if the "cardboard R2" was removable so you could at least swap out different R2 units like the red one from the Queen's starship.I'm fairly sure that cardboard is removable, the point is to advertise what COULD go in there since even if they had packed an astromech in this package, they wouldn't have been able to seat it in his droid slot because the top right edge of it hits the window anyway. My gut feeling is that this is the real mccoy. :(

Good eye Basker, that is a standee in the pilot seat. What an odd decision, makes me wonder what they were thinking there.

Chazz, I would suggest getting this ship because the OTC one is the frelling original ship, the one that's been pressed back into service after 26 years!!!

This seems to be using the same modified mold & paint job as the recent TRU X-wing, which means its nose is too black and too rounded. You can't actually see the nose in the box, but the pic on the box has that. That was the part I really didn't like about that otherwise-nifty TRU set.

They should have packed in a droid using the R5-D2 head from the Star Tours line on a regular 2-legged droid body.

Turbowars
02-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Here's a translation of the info from the site the pictures came from. It says it's prototype. I guess only time will tell.

In Babelfish's Engrish translation:
"STARWARS & the Star Wars * "X it becomes the figure - wing Fighter"!
This commodity arrived becomes more quickly than everywhere "sample edition".
Not to overlook this chance!
Is concerning the state of the commodity, but for arriving from the foreign country in the BOX "the wrinkle" and so on, being "to break" acknowledgement.
Content is brand-new not yet opening.
Don't you think? please ask matter of concern the one which such as state of the commodity becomes unhesitantly, the ?
We ask non with claim non-returning.
In addition, the rare of SW, bar B and ???? etc. also this corporation Web sight which handles the TOY goods please viewing -> http: //www.robochris.com/"

In my translation of the Engrish:
"sample edition": It's a prototype
"brand-new not yet opening": It's MIB.
"but for arriving from the foreign country in the BOX 'the wrinkle' and so on, being 'to break' acknowledgement": He doesn't want to take responsibility for creases and breaks from international shipping.

Lman316
02-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I, too, am a bit disappointed with this. It's bogus to get a pilot with a non-removable helmet (and it's not like it's even a new sculpt. I might be wrong but that just looks like the POTJ Pilot Luke body)... and it's double bogus not to get an astromech. But even with those flaws, I'm still buying this. Probably more than one.
I missed out on the TRU set, and I'm hoping this will be more widely available. And since the OTC X-Wing is horribly out of proportion, this Red Leader X-Wing is my only option. That's if I can actually find it.

End...

Darth Alex
03-01-2004, 09:52 AM
I just noticed this available on Amazon today for sale. Did anyone pre-order it and get confimation that it's shipping?

I'm going to order one tonight. I am wondering about that droid, though, and with no new "official" multi-angle boxed photos, I have my doubts about that figure's quality...:(

Lazer Brain
03-01-2004, 11:34 AM
well, i want to get another xwing for my collecting, i have plenty of pilots with on ships, looks like my pal porkins will not be able to fit in this ship either... it is disappointing that there is not a new droid, we will be regretting this faux pas when droids rule the WORLD!
later