PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Posts: SSG Reflections!!

Beast
02-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Well, here it is as promised. The companion peice to my '5000' thread that happened way back in August of 2002. Seems not that long ago, doesn't it. Well, I promised that I'd make the 10,000 post thead. And here it is. This is not being done for any reason other then to celebrate my time on the forums with people I enjoy talking with.

Reflections would be a good title for this post. I was going to go with '10,000 Posts: Or Good God I Have No Life, And Still Love SSG!!'. But let's be a little less hooky then the '5,000' thread. I'd just like to start off with saying that I've really enjoyed my time here. And even though there's been times I've been considering slipping off and never returning, I think how much I enjoy spending time here with other fans of the Saga.

I come off sometimes as a bit of a Prequel Cheerleader, or a George Lucas butt-kisser. But I assure you, there are things I don't like about some of the movies. A New Hope is really my least favorite of the five films so far. Even though that one was what started it all. I've dropped out of the debate league over the films though. I've come to realize there is very little that would change people's minds. Just as there is very little that would change mine. I enjoy the movies, I see how they link up. If others want to consider that as just being a Lucas Lover, who am I to argue the point.

Star Wars, TMNT, Hellraiser. My major passions in this life as you can tell. I've come to try and explore other things that I normally wouldn't have, thanks to you folks. I never would have thought I'd be enjoying things like Harry Potter or LOTR's, without seeing how much these things meant to most of you. I even got back into X-MEN after a long stretch because of the dedicated fans here, who's opinions I've been enjoying.

All of you mean a lot to me. Even the folks I don't quite get along with. You know who you are. Over time, some of those problems have become buried. Others have risen, but I still respect all of you. Your opinions may differ, but that's what's great about Star Wars. It allows so many differnt thoughts and ideas. And it means something different to each and every one of us. It's made a lot of us who we are in our adult lives. And continues to build new lives, with those who introduce the trilogy to our own children.

I'd like to extend a sincere thank you to Sir Steve, and the moderating team. Not only for running one of the best and most well known Star Wars sites on the net. But for allowing someone like me, who comes off as a bit of a chatterbox sometimes, a place to freely share my opinions and ideas. It's a tough job, I'm sure. After all, you have to balance your love for Star Wars and your dedication to being a fair moderator/staff member. I think you all have done a great job. Even JT, who I've not always seen eye to eye with.

Today is Toy Fair in New York. I was hoping that I'd be hitting this milestone on a more impressive day. Like the opening of EIII. But this will work in a pinch. It's sure been a hell of a ride since I first joined the new forums. I was around a bit on the old ones, but didn't get my own computer until 1999. So it was very infrequent. Now here I am, the biggest chatterbox this side of the known universe. Heh, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Now I don't want to come off as sounding sappy. That's not the intent of this thread. It's mainly just a place for me to wax nostagicaly. And also to contain all the 'Thank You' and 'Congrats' messages that are already starting to pop up in other threads, I'm sure. I hate forum spam, as you've noticed. So it's not a matter of ego. Besides, after reading over the 5,000 thread. It was nice to see how much I'm appreciated for trying to offer my view here.

I know that I often come off as a mystery man around these parts. Not wanting to share my picture or real name. It's just how I am. I consider a lot of you friends, and please don't take it as a massive slight that I'm against being more open. I'm more then willing to talk and share things about myself. It's just enjoy some privacy. That's why as much as a lot of you have been eager to see a picture of me, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to again decline. But keep poking, I could change my mind one day. And for those that are curious to my last ramblings, here's the link to the 5,000 thread.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13576

I've rambled on more then enough I'm sure, so here it is. As always:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
02-15-2004, 11:30 AM
We don't need no stinking 10,000 posts from JarJarBinks. :D

Just kidding JJB, congrats on the milestone my friend, I hope to see more in the future even the ones between you and stillakid, makes for a good read etc.

That pic had better come at post # 20,000 or I'm deleting all your threads. :D

TC & Peace

Pendo
02-15-2004, 11:45 AM
I love you man :cry:!

Every single one of your many posts is a very interesting, informative and fun read and hopefully it won't be long until you're making your "1,000,000 posts" thread :). I look forward to reading more of your posts JJB :).

MTFBWY and HH!

PENDO!

Kidhuman
02-15-2004, 11:49 AM
JJB,

Congrats my amigo. It has been a great time reading your posts. ALthough we differ on some opinions, I still respect yours. You are informative and don't BS. And maybe, just maybe seeing that it is 15 months away, you can hit 15k on opening day of EPIII and give us a review with that number. See ya on the funny pages(aka SSG)

bobafrett
02-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Wow, 10,000 post is an impressive mark, and from the ones I've read, there hasn't been one that just has been there as a "filler" of what ever you call it, oh I think I meant "Pad", such as some have just posted to "pad" there count #'s. I hope I'm still here for your next milestone JJB!

Oh, and if the Cubs get to the World Series this next season, I'll probably die from a massive heart attack, so try to make your next milestone before then.

Banthaholic
02-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Congrat's JJB!!!

10,000 posts, wow! Might seem like a lot, but then again I know many people, as well as me personally respect your opinion. You're always a great source of knowledge, and I look forward to the thread for # 20,000.

I glanced over your 5,000 thread and enjoyed this comment from you
'Again thanks everyone, It's been a blast. So, do I get an autographed picture of the SSG staff or somthing? Dinner at Sir Steve's house? '
Will 10,00 get you dinner at Steve's :)

DarthBrandon
02-15-2004, 12:27 PM
I glanced over your 5,000 thread and enjoyed this comment from you
'Again thanks everyone, It's been a blast. So, do I get an autographed picture of the SSG staff or somthing? Dinner at Sir Steve's house? '
Will 10,00 get you dinner at Steve's :)

He should get some kind of an award for being an outstanding forumite. His posts are enjoyable, informative, and full, forgot to mention arrogance free. Lets give him a basket of goodies with a complimentary JarJarBinks action figure. :D

Kidhuman
02-15-2004, 12:41 PM
He should get some kind of an award for being an outstanding forumite. His posts are enjoyable, informative, and full, forgot to mention arrogance free. Lets give him a basket of goodies with a complimentary JarJarBinks action figure. :D

Dont forget the duct tape

dr_evazan22
02-15-2004, 01:19 PM
I'd like to extend a sincere thank you to Sir Steve, and the moderating team. Not only for running one of the best and most well known Star Wars sites on the net. But for allowing someone like me, who comes off as a bit of a chatterbox sometimes...

A chatterbox? How about a know-it-all? And I mean that in a good way. Your always there with info on, well, anything. I'm thinking specifically of DVD and movie news and facts and links about SW. Your knowledge of all this stuff, and where to find it is amazing!

Will 10,00 get you dinner at Steve's? That would be an interesting dinner. Would JJB show up in some kind of disguise? Maybe with a bag over his head with eye and mouth holes cut out? Or something like Cobra Commanders cowl? Otherwise we might have a good chance of finding out what he looks like.

Congrats on 10,000 JJB! We'll see you at 20K!

I am Jabba the Hutt
02-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I know that I often come off as a mystery man around these parts. Not wanting to share my picture or real name.

Is your name George or Rick by any chance? lol :D

Congrats on 10,000 JJB. You should be close to 16,000 by the time Episode III hits if my calculations are correct. ;) :crazed:

bobafrett
02-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Is your name George or Rick by any chance? lol :D

Congrats on 20,000 JJB. You should close to 16,000 by the time Episode III hits if my calculations are correct. ;) :crazed:

Oh my, you mean once you hit a certain level, you start getting a reduced post count? :D Sorry, but I think you prematurally congratulated JJB on posts not yet achieved.

LTBasker
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Congrats dude, and by the time TF is over you'll probably be close to 11,000. ;)

I am Jabba the Hutt
02-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Sorry, but I think you prematurally congratulated JJB on posts not yet achieved.

I guess I went back to the future. :cool: :D

I am Jabba the Hutt
02-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I suck at Math but going off my current rate of posting, I'll be creating my own 10,000 posts thread in about 50 years... when I'll be the grand old age of 73! :eek: :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh Binks, did you ever know that you're my herooooooooooooooo!!! You're everything everything, i wish i could be!!! I could poster quicker than an eagle, for you are the lightspeed beneath my wings! :crazed:

Congrats on your 10,000th post JJ. Truly is an awesome sight to behold seeing the 10,000 beneath your name!! :D

B'Omarr Monkey
02-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Congratulations. Since I haven't even hit 100 posts yet (which is probably what you manage daily), 10,000 is astonishing. Now get cracking on the next 10,000! You're slacking off.

Exhaust Port
02-15-2004, 10:11 PM
I also want to throw in my salute to the most dedicated of the forumites here. 10,000 is quite a mark. Keep up the great insight. Oh, and remember not to steal any junk from ILM and try to sell it again. That's bad from what I remember. ;)

Tonysmo
02-15-2004, 11:21 PM
/salute

congrats brotha - Heres to many many more informative wonderful posts!

-Durge-
02-15-2004, 11:50 PM
JJB, thanks for being a friend in my bad days and now my good. You were my friend when I was a young bad Kit Fristo and and even worse Geonosian. Now I am a very good person. Thanks for always informing me.:)

Good luck and he comes 20,000!

MTFBWY and HH!!

2-1B
02-17-2004, 01:47 AM
I thought the cut of your jib was familiar, Durge. ;)

JJB, thanks for turning me on to DVD Profiler about 7,000 posts ago! :cool:

If Binsky ever gets that Dinner at Steve's, he will appear at Stevo's table via hologram. He will be dressed in the hooded robes of a Sith to insure maximum privacy. Very fitting considering his status as an Imperial Tyrant.

The 'Xir
02-17-2004, 03:42 AM
CONGRATULATIONS JAR JAR BINKS!!! :D :stupid: :stupid: :D :cool:

I have to admit, when I started reading your post and then started really thinking back, I was like, "I don't remember this kid being around back on the old forums?", "How the hell does he have 10,000 posts and I don't!!!!", ;) when I an original chatterbox used to rack up the online time like it was no tommorrow and like there was no other movie comming out after TPM!!! :crazed:

But, hey! You have more than earned your wings!!! and when old forumites like myself lay dormant thinking they had exhausted all arguments about anything SW and could in no way express anything more about the Star Wars Universe that hadn't been already thought out in length before, you gave new life to these forums probably when they needed them most!

SO!!! In honor of a true "living force", I ask that all here raise their sabers high, and kick back a few 'spirits', for A True Jedi walks among us!!!
To JJ!!! :classic:

and yep you probbaly learned this one from me.... I hope(probably not ;) ) but... MTFBWY... Always! The 'Xir :) :cool:

-Durge-
02-17-2004, 04:04 AM
I thought the cut of your jib was familiar, Durge. ;)

What do you mean Caesar?:) ;)

stillakid
02-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Yes, JJB's information has been invaluable at times. His affinity for being on top of the toy situation is indeed a welcome service, which afterall, is the primary purpose of SSG for all of us I expect. The rest of the "noise" we make is all just gravy...or a waste of time depending upon how you look at it. ;)

But my favorite thread was this one:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16613&highlight=Super

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=206428&postcount=14

Dar' Argol
02-18-2004, 09:17 PM
I know that I often come off as a mystery man around these parts. Not wanting to share my picture or real name. It's just how I am. I consider a lot of you friends, and please don't take it as a massive slight that I'm against being more open. I'm more then willing to talk and share things about myself. It's just enjoy some privacy. That's why as much as a lot of you have been eager to see a picture of me, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to again decline. But keep poking, I could change my mind one day.

Wow Jar!!! 10,000+ posts! You really need to get out more . . . . he he he :D. Congrats friend! You are a fountain of usefull . . and useless knowlegde and are always here when someone needs an answer. A veritable "Ghost in the Machine" if you will. I've enjoyed our conversations both on and off board. Even if they do get a bit weird at times . . . . cenobites . . . . nuff said.

Anywho, I have here, in my database, what all of the forumites have been wanting to see. After much time and effor hacking the web, and Jars computer :dev: I have procured a valuable piece of data! Actually I snuck up behind all of Jar's computer monitors and snapped a quick one of him!!

Yes, that is right lady and gentlemen, I have THE picture of our favorite forumites and chatterbox, Jar JAr Binks. This was taken about 9 months ago, in his basement computer room upon a visit there. I asked him what he thought of the new Mary Kate and Ashley Olson DVD comming out and I snapped a quick pic . . much to his surprize. So, without further delay, I give to you . . . . .

JarJar Binks, uncensored!

Turbowars
02-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Congratulations JJB, may the padding continue.;)

kool-aid killer
02-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Congrats JJB, youre a great asset to this forum. I can always count on you to answer my many questions regarding DVD releases, Turtles, and just about anything else. Im sure many others feel the same way too, your tireless efforts to keep us up to date on a wide variety of things is appreciated. :)