PDA

View Full Version : Dagobah Luke

Lman316
02-16-2004, 10:27 AM
This may have been discussed already, but I thought to make a new thread for those that might not otherwise hear about it. It seems that the new Dagobah Luke will not just be a hand-standing statue. Hasbro has gone "McFarlane" on this figure.
Apparently, there are interchangeable arms and an interchangeable head. I just saw pictures on another site, and they show us the hand-standing version. And right next to it, they show one with bent arms (as though he's grabbing the back pack that comes with Yoda) and a new head.

I thought it was worth mentioning...

End... :D

amidalak
02-16-2004, 10:31 AM
hopefully, if they go to the trouble of having interchangeable arms/head, they will included arms that are neutrally posed, or the arms that they have to hold the backpack will be articulated more than they are in the picture from GH. if not, it's basically still a statue.

rbaumhauer
02-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah, but at least it's a statue with two poses, rather than one :) At least we'll get a version that will make sense with Yoda's backpack. It would be nice if there were neutral arms as well, though...........

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Where did you see this? It sounds interesting. He could be levitating the X-wing, if his head is neutral. My only complaint with this figure was that his hair made him too scene-specific, but I guess that's changed. :)

Darth Alex
02-16-2004, 11:04 AM
This is the news I have been waiting for. I don't mind buying resculpts, as long as the figures have a difference worth owning. But this news....is great. Different heads and different arms/hands are a "feature" I love on import toys and in the SW line, well, that would just be great. I even posted the question the other day in a post wondering how Luke/Yoda would properly 'do' the backpack at Hersheypark Mud pose. Nice to see you finally progressing, Hasbro:).

LTBasker
02-16-2004, 11:19 AM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2345&zoneid=2

You can see that the heads are definitely different, even though the spare parts aren't shown with either figure. Great move on Hasbro's part! Just a hand standing Luke would've really bit.

Btw, Dagobah R2 is an FX R2 with the third leg cut off. :cry:

jjreason
02-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I hope it actually works well though, and that the arms/head don't become too loose after a change or two. We've been needing a newer Dagobah Luke for so long, I hope it turns out right.

Kidhuman
02-16-2004, 02:12 PM
That is awesome. I love it. The fact that you can interchange his parts is great. I might have to get two of these, but then I would need two Yodas as well. We shall see the final run of this figure to make that decision.

JEDIpartner
02-16-2004, 03:06 PM
That facial sculpt is dire!!! I'm glad they did the arm and head swapping thing. That would have been a real bust to have a handstand only Luke. I hope the paint deco isn't this tragic on the final piece.

CrossWizard
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Well that's intresting. I thought it was gonna be just a lame handstanding statue but I'm glad to know he can be posed with a Yoda on his back.

I agree about the 2nd head though, the face looks odd, like actress Frances McDormand.

Springer
02-16-2004, 03:27 PM
That is awesome. I love it. The fact that you can interchange his parts is great. I might have to get two of these, but then I would need two Yodas as well. We shall see the final run of this figure to make that decision.

I wouldn't worry to much I'm sure hasbro will release him 2 or 3 more times in the coming years. :D

Tycho
02-16-2004, 06:57 PM
This is great news. If Hasbro will do different heads for Luke on one card, perhaps they can do different heads again for generic characters:

Bespin Security
Grey tunic Imperial Officers
Naboo Royal Guards
Naboo Royal Security
Republic Senate Guards
etc.

etc.

jjreason
02-17-2004, 01:50 AM
I just looked at those high-res scans from GH. There's something a little fishy about Luke's headstand head - the chin is a little pointy or something, and the line at the neck seems a little odd. All in all, this is a ground-breaking figure and could lead to some interesting interchangeability options for Hasbro in the future if he's well received.

Tycho, you make a good point, but wouldn't they be throwing away money by making army builders with interchangeable heads? I know I'd likely buy enough of each one to display them every way possible, but I think they'd be "guaranteed" more sales of each figure if they produced them with the different (non-changeable) heads like the Imperial officer and Tantive IV defender. Would be very nice though, for those who don't want to army build.

JEDIpartner
02-17-2004, 08:49 AM
I agree about the 2nd head though, the face looks odd, like actress Frances McDormand.
YES!!!!!! :D

:eek:

:mad:

Tycho
02-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Tycho, you make a good point, but wouldn't they be throwing away money by making army builders with interchangeable heads? I know I'd likely buy enough of each one to display them every way possible, but I think they'd be "guaranteed" more sales of each figure if they produced them with the different (non-changeable) heads like the Imperial officer and Tantive IV defender. Would be very nice though, for those who don't want to army build.

Oh I agree with you. I just want them to do it. Either way. I army build anyway, so I'd need just as many figures with one or two heads included.

mm74md
02-18-2004, 09:16 AM
I think the upsidedown head looks fine when flipped over....

Jayspawn
02-18-2004, 10:45 AM
I thought it was a handstanding figure too. Good to hear that it could be otherwise. Cause then I would pass on it.

sith_killer_99
02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
I just took a real close look at these pics and it looks like the hands are sculpted to the base for the "hand stand" position. Or is it just me?

Kidhuman
02-18-2004, 11:16 AM
I just took a real close look at these pics and it looks like the hands are sculpted to the base for the "hand stand" position. Or is it just me?

Yes it does. I think the hands/arms are detachable at the shoulders to put the others on.

skeeziks22
02-18-2004, 11:40 AM
If they sculpted the arms to the base then they would have to pack two bases with the figure. My guess is that the hands are not sculpted on and that the base will have slots for fingers, or there will be peg holes in the hands, as well as peg hole/foot "prints" for the standing pose.

Kidhuman
02-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Actually, if you supersize the pics from page one, you can see the handprints on the pic of Luke with his arms bent up and there are no pegholes.

Well I'll save you the trouble and post the link here (http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absoluteNm/articlefiles/2345-dagobahwave4.jpg)

There are seperate slots for feet and hands on the base.

angellus
02-18-2004, 03:05 PM
They'd never do it, but they could also includea head and a set of arms for a third version; one with the eyes closed and the right arm outstretched as if he was attempting to levitate the X-Wing. Wishful thinking but I've got to do something to pass the time while I'm at work....

skeeziks22
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
We're getting to the point where this figure could be made into and "Ultra Figure" with a larger base and maybe some "levitating" crates and stones. I think it would make a great ultra... better than Reiken and 3PO.

Three sets of arms and 3 heads... 1) Hand stand 2) standing (holding backpack) 3) levitating ship.

A base to accomodate this plus a levitating feature for rocks and crates. How about a section of tree to attach to the base with a vine for swinging?

The last thing would be if Yoda could stand on handstanding Luke's feet...

B_C
02-18-2004, 03:54 PM
We're getting to the point where this figure could be made into and "Ultra Figure" with a larger base and maybe some "levitating" crates and stones. I think it would make a great ultra... better than Reiken and 3PO.

Three sets of arms and 3 heads... 1) Hand stand 2) standing (holding backpack) 3) levitating ship.

A base to accomodate this plus a levitating feature for rocks and crates. How about a section of tree to attach to the base with a vine for swinging?

The last thing would be if Yoda could stand on handstanding Luke's feet...
Well as long as we don't get one that can be interchanged with c3po in EU version.