PDA

View Full Version : Which options would you like to see incorporated into the Original Trilogy DVD?

jedi master sal
02-16-2004, 10:30 AM
With the Original Trilogy DVD officially announced to be released in September this year, which options would you like to see incorporated into it (You can select more than one option)?
Have the option to watch them as Special Edition or Not
Include "From Star Wars to Jedi" the making of the movies
Lots of pictures in a photo gallery.
Some kind of collectable in the package
An interactive game
The deleted scenes that have not been available in wide release!

Personally, I'd like all of the above with special mention to veiwing them as SE or not and also including those deleted scenes.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I've posted all that I think should be included in one of the other threads pertaining to the OT box set.

I've yet to find an interactive DVD game that is really engaging and not simply trivia questions interspersed with second rate footage. It's not necessary anyhow. There are plenty of SW games available for all play systems.

As for including a collectible. Not tempting. Besides, it will either be some sort of statue, or if it were an action figure, most likely it would be yet another Tatooine Luke, or Darth Vader, and the price of this "special" packaging would be $20.00 over the regular box set. I have the collectors edition VHS of TPM, and found none of the bonus materials particularly special.

I'd much rather have the special material be footage included on the disc. If we simply received the deleted scenes, such as Biggs on Tatooine, I'd think that was bonus enough.

Beast
02-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, we know we're not getting the original versions. So no sense voting for that. Frankly I'll be happy with whatever Lucas/Lucasfilm delivers on the sets. I'm amazed at the fact we might get cast commentary on these. That's more then enough to make these must sells. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
02-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Even though I know it's not going to sway the mind of GL, I picked all except the interactive game, but that's because I don't play a lot of games. I look at this as more of an opinion poll, and it's my opinion that they (LFL) should have asked these questions before going with what they did. I mean Star Wars has such a diverse and loyal fan base, why not let the fans decide what they want to see. I wouldn't mind seeing coverage on different Star Wars fan club type groups.

Kidhuman
02-16-2004, 02:35 PM
I picked all of them. The one I want mostly is the SE/ Original format. A pack in would be nice as well. Something to commerate the DVD finally getting here. OF course it would be a Luke figure or a Vader, but cool none the less. As for the rest, I dont view the options alot, maybe once, but the short length SW to JEdi I could watch a few times. The more the merrier IMO.

bobafrett
02-16-2004, 03:56 PM
I got a coaster sized metal plate that was supposed to be wrapped with the video boxed set of the Original Trilogy. On this plate it reads "The Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition" It is in raised letters, and was limited to 40,000. However, I guess someone decided that this plate was to heavy to ship wrapped to the video box set. The video stores were supposed to give them out, but one of my friends got a whole bunch after the release. Something like that would be really nice to have with this upcoming DVD release.

Anakin Palpatine
02-17-2004, 05:16 AM
I was voting for the never before released deleted scenes. I would really like to see Padme giving birth!! Owen and Beru runnig around the homestead on fire and Darth going to the bathroom.

A how to build your own lightsaber would be a cool option!!!!!! (a real one that I can chop up people with) I am such a sick and twisted person!!

JediTricks
02-17-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm not a fan of pack-in collectibles and dvd-games usually, so I didn't vote for them. Also, while I love behind-the-scenes photos of movies, for some reason I don't like them on DVD usually, probably because you can't zoom in and there's often unnecessary junk taking up the screen around it. Finally, I would rather see a new documentary, so I didn't vote for that.

Naturally, I would most definitely like the ability to see either version of the films, the originals or the SEs, that is something I will want for pretty much always and it looks like Lucas has no interest in that. The other thing is deleted scenes, can't get enough of that stuff.

jjreason
02-24-2004, 08:42 PM
The collectible I'd leave for sure, unless it was an otherwise unavailable 3.75 scale figure. If they were going to include one, it would be nice to provide versions without the add in at a lower price (like the LOTR extended DVD sets - available w and wo the pack ins).

Deleted scenes are huge. Luke talking to Biggs, and looking up at the battle above with the floppy hat on would be just amazing - even if they suck. I don't need to have them incorporated into the movie, I just want to see it.

The basic, original versions are a must. Im just not getting his rationale here: everyone wants them. Include both versions on a disc, or release them separately later to glom more money from us - I don't really care. Put them out.

The documentary is fine. Throw it in, same with the interviews and commentary, and whatever else. Better with, fine without.