PDA

View Full Version : Obi Night club---no lightsaber???

Kidhuman
02-16-2004, 02:16 PM
I was looking at my figs the other day and I saw that Obi Night Club has no lightsaber accessory. What was the deal behind this? I see he has one molded to his belt, but what if you were recreating a scene where he ignites it at Zam? I think its kinda dumb the way they did this figure. They give holo Luke and Ben, as well as Anakin SC a saber, but not this figure when he clearly uses it in the movie

LTBasker
02-16-2004, 02:20 PM
True he doesn't have a saber, but he's still pretty cool because he can actually fit in the Hotrod speeder PERFECTLY! :D If ya need a saber though, just grab one from another Obi, actually with the Acklay Attack Obi, he only really looks good with the spear so you could use his saber.

Kidhuman
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
True he doesn't have a saber, but he's still pretty cool because he can actually fit in the Hotrod speeder PERFECTLY! :D If ya need a saber though, just grab one from another Obi, actually with the Acklay Attack Obi, he only really looks good with the spear so you could use his saber.

I have it carded, but thought it was dumb that he of all figures didnt get one when he obviously used one and the others didnt

JEDIpartner
02-16-2004, 03:08 PM
That's what we get when they sculpt the saber to his blasted tunic!!! :mad:

bobafrett
02-16-2004, 03:44 PM
What are you complaining for Kidhuman? I mean he does come with a plastic cup, which he can throw at Zam as she approaches!

Really though, what a serious screw up on Hasbro's part. I also keep some of my first set of figures carded, but for those who open, and might not have any of the other Obi Wan's, he is left defensless, and might be gunned down.

Kidhuman
02-16-2004, 04:03 PM
ANd to top it all off, Obi Wan Courascant chase comes with a lightsaber. How in the world is he supposed to hold on to the assasin droid if he has a saber in his hand? Come on Hasbro, get with it. If you're going to make scene specific figures, get the scene right.

Jayspawn
02-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Because Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan was the 1st Episode II Obi we got and we would have been really ****** if he didnt come with one.

Good one bobafrett.

JediTricks
02-18-2004, 01:05 AM
This fig didn't come with one because it was originally going to be in a Scene Pack, those figures come with the bare essentials to make that one look. Since the saber isn't removable, there's no reason to have a 2nd lightsaber unless Obi-Wan is wearing 2.

The other reason is that this set comes with a massive accessory and a cup accessory.

jjreason
03-02-2004, 12:06 AM
This fig didn't come with one because it was originally going to be in a Scene Pack, those figures come with the bare essentials to make that one look. Since the saber isn't removable, there's no reason to have a 2nd lightsaber unless Obi-Wan is wearing 2.

The other reason is that this set comes with a massive accessory and a cup accessory.

It would have taken an actual, true to life working lightsaber to save this ridiculously terrible figure. The legs are AWFUL. I just read that he fits in the speeder, and I will consider that ONE redeeming quality for this thing. I hate his legs so much they actually make me angry when I see them. I might need to put him away.