PDA

View Full Version : 10131 UCS Death Star?

Ji'dai
02-18-2004, 05:13 PM
On the box back of the new 4502 X-Wing Fighter, there is a small picture showing the Battle of Yavin with LEGO TIEs and X-Wings flying near a screen capture of the Death Star with "10131 01.08.2004" printed on it.

Could this be one of the two new exclusive Star Wars sets that will be released in August? A UCS Death Star would be a monster set. How could they get a good curved surface with square bricks? The LEGO spheres I've seen still retain a somewhat blocky shape even when smaller bricks are used.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-18-2004, 06:04 PM
That's one speculation that's being spread around. The other, and IMO the more realistic set, is that it'll be a TIE Fighter 3-pack including DV's TIE.

No matter what, this set looks to be a S@H exclusive due to the set number and because it wasn't shown to retailers at the NY toy show.

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
I am fairly sure it's going to be a shop-at-home exclusive TIE 3pack just like Man Can said.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Ji'dai, I just reread your post and you say two S@H exclusives. I've only heard about the one. Just curious where you got two exclusives from. Did that come from Lego?

JediTricks
02-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Man Can, hopefully ;) he got it from my Toy Fair news post, in which Lego said that except for 2 not yet named exclusives, everything in our Toy Fair coverage was the 2004 line in its entirety (which means that except for the new Falcon and those 2 exclusives, the 2004 SW lego line is already out).

Kidhuman
02-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Well, that kinda sucks.I mean, I want the new Falcon, but some other stuff would be nice too.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Man Can, hopefully ;) he got it from my Toy Fair news post, in which Lego said that except for 2 not yet named exclusives, everything in our Toy Fair coverage was the 2004 line in its entirety (which means that except for the new Falcon and those 2 exclusives, the 2004 SW lego line is already out).

What's up with that? No storyteller sets (under $29.99, that is)? No starter sets? 2002 and 2003 were decent years, but 2004 seems to be...I don't know...stagnant. Is it the pre-movie year doldrums? Lego's $ problems? Lack of retailer support? Will Batman and Robin get out of this one alive? Stay tuned til 2005 (or at least until the end of 2004) when we find out what's going on.

JediTricks
02-22-2004, 06:50 PM
At first guess, I'd say it's due to the financial issues and this being a non-movie year. I'm a little surprised they don't have more older sets out for the OT DVD release though, all that will be at stores when that hits are this new Falcon, the new X-wing, the new Snowspeeder, the AT-AT, the Cantina storyteller, and wave 3 MINI. I mean, they could have a limited re-release of the Y-wing (alone even), the A-wing, the B-wing, the Imp Shuttle, the Cloud Car (especially with the Cloud City exclusive set having come out recently), maybe Jango's Slave I redecoed as Boba's and with an actual back door as well.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-23-2004, 02:06 PM
I agree with your assessment, but maybe Lego doesn't think there's going to be that big of a runoff from the DVDs onto their SW sets. I'd love to have a redo of the Y-Wing and another B-Wing issued since I never bought that one. The Imp. Shutt., Cloud Car, and possibly the A-Wing wouldn't be redone so soon since it's only been a few years since their release and the clearanced Cloud Car is still clogging KB shelves.

More MINIs would be great because they're cheap and you can do larger vehicles that would run $100 in the regular scale.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't really like the high priced ones such as the AT-AT and AT_TE. I only bought the AT-TE, Slave 1, and Hailfire because they cost me no more than 60 bucks total for all three on clearance. I would love to have the AT-AT and such but the price is too high for me.

I would love to see more mini's. I think the look great. If Lego lowered the reatil on the high end ones, I would be more apt to get them. I bought the Cantina one for 30 bucks, but it had a few different things in it. I also love the little dudes that come with it. Does habro sell these seperately?

BTW, the new X-wing that you guys are talking about, is that the Dagobah scene one or is another coming out?

JediTricks
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Dagobah version.

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks JT. I also meant does Lego sell the SW characters seperately, not Hasbro

JediTricks
02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Ah, no, Lego doesn't sell the minifigs separately anymore. There was a short time when they did have minifig 3packs, but they weren't popular due to price and availability issues I believe.

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Well that bites. I would love to have a squad of clonetroopers and stormies too.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Well that bites. I would love to have a squad of clonetroopers and stormies too.

I don't think they ever had cloneys for sale in the 3-packs, or even stormies. The only way to get someis to shell out $$$$ for the Gunship or at-te.

bobafrett
02-25-2004, 04:02 PM

I have been buying the Jedi Duel sets on clearance at KB and TRU at 3 for $10. This gets me 3 Stormtroopers, 3 Imperial officers, and 3 Jedi Lukes (which I use the head/face to give my Imperial officers a different look. I also picked up three of the TIE bombers for dirt cheap and pulled the TIE pilots out. All the officers, pilots, and Stormtroopers are now lined up to greet the Emperor. Plus now I have a lot of parts to start building my own custom sets.

As far as the clones troopers go, I guess you'll just have to wait to see if you can get any sets of these when say the AT-TE goes on clearance. I don't think there are two many small sets with Clone troopers in them.

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 05:47 PM
I have bought an AT-TE on clearance for 30 bucks, but I dont want to pay 30 bucks justfor 4 clone troopers. I wish I would of found those Jedi Duel sets with the stormies in them at that price. My KB closed twoeeks ago. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
02-25-2004, 09:53 PM
I have bought an AT-TE on clearance for 30 bucks, but I dont want to pay 30 bucks justfor 4 clone troopers. I wish I would of found those Jedi Duel sets with the stormies in them at that price. My KB closed twoeeks ago. :(

Wow, good deal (although I got mine for $15, haha, ;) ). Who was selling it for $30? WM?

Just cause you were a good sport about my "24" misprediction and an all around good guy I'd be willing to get some Final Duel IIs for you at my KB (the ones with the stormie). I'm going by there tonight to see what Legos they still have. Last time they were going for 30% off $3.33, so I can get some for you for cost + shipping. LMK fast, they close on Monday I think.

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Okay, pick me up two sets if they have em