PDA

View Full Version : Vote Riekkan!

El Chuxter
02-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Okay, I was watching the news last night and noticed another frightening resemblance in my Saga collection, right up there with Lyle Lovett in Han Solo Disguise and Gold Leader (Rick McCallum).

There is no figure of Carlist Riekkan! What we got instead is Senator John Kerry in Hoth Gear!!

Seriously, the resemblance is scary.

Kidhuman
02-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Yes it is. I noticed it right after SK99 said that in another thread

bobafrett
02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok
There is no figure of Carlist Riekkan! What we got instead is Senator John Kerry in Hoth Gear!!

Seriously, the resemblance is scary.

Your right, I was looking at the Riekkan figure today, and I focused more on the figure this time as someone had lifted (stolen) the tactical screen from the package, leaving only Riekkan aka John Kerry in his place.
:)

Mandalorian Candidat
02-19-2004, 04:12 PM
If Kerry is Riekann, does that make Kucinich an Ugnaught or Yoda?

El Chuxter
02-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Heh heh heh. Well, we all know Lieberman is Palpatine!

I didn't realize this resemblance had been pointed out before, so apologies to the Sith Killer.

Hellboy
02-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Whoa...Whoa....Wait a minute there aren't supposed to be any political threads on these boards. I don't come here to read about anyones political affiliation and....... Oh, I'm only kidding. Yes the resemblance is uncanny. Funny thing is the figure actually looks more like John Kerry than the actor who played Riekkan. :crazed:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-22-2004, 12:12 PM
So that means Turbo was being a bit prophetic when he had his signature say "Don't blame me, I voted for Riekkan" for a year or so?

Kidhuman
02-22-2004, 12:21 PM
No, that was Tycho not Turbo, and he meant in the Fans Choice poll

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-22-2004, 09:37 PM
No, that was Tycho not Turbo,

My bad. I had Tycho in mind but Turbo came out. So easily confused :D

and he meant in the Fans Choice poll

That I knew too, but think of the context of that statment now that we know that Riekkan has a strong resemblance to John Kerry.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean LBC. To easily confused and the resemblence is too much alike.