PDA

View Full Version : Who wants more Jar Jar Binks?

CropDuster
02-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Just out of curiosity, who actually would want to see more Jar Jar Binks in E3 and why?
Do you think it would be good to have him killed off in E3? Maybe Sebulba could come back for a quick cameo to finish what we were all wanting to see him do in E1. No matter what, I doubt that GL is stupid enough to make the damning decision to give JJB a major role again... or is he?

2-1B
02-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Speak for yourself. I never wanted to see Sebulba kill him. :)

I love Jar Jar and I think his screen time in AOTC was perfect. I'd like the same amount for E3. :)

bobafrett
02-20-2004, 12:21 AM
I'd like to see him tied to a rock, and dropped down to his Gungan watery grave. I don't know, I doubt George will have him killed, but he will have to explain somehow where he goes, unless he digitally adds him in the background as a rebel pilot or something in Episode IV, or maybe has him strapped to the proton torpedo that destroys the Death Star.

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 12:51 AM
I wouldnt mind JJB. Like Caesar said, limited screen time. It would be cool to see Anakin off him though.

2-1B
02-20-2004, 02:47 AM
Why does it have to be explained where JJB goes? This movie will take place about 2 decades before ANH . . . Jar Jar is hardly at the top of the list of characters who we should still be wondering about. :D

Pendo
02-20-2004, 05:54 AM
I want Jar Jar Binks to have a larger/more important role in pisode III than he did for AOTC. True he gave Palpatine emergence powers, but I was kinda miffed that he had less than 5 minutes screen time, especially for a character that played a major role in the movie before it. It's like TPM was setting him up for something, but George didn't do it because of fan's outburst against him.

I want Jar Jar to have a larger role in Episode III, and I don't want him to die I want him added into the Death Star meeting room on the ANH:AE :D.

PENDO!

CropDuster
02-20-2004, 09:38 AM
For those of you who would have liked more jjb in E2, I bet you can't wait for georgey to make an E2:Special Edition with "improvements" such as more JarJar. :D

stillakid
02-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Well, he should have fulfilled his "life debt" to Qui Gon Jinn in TPM and died a martyr instead of abandoning the Jedi in his quest for glory with the Gungans...

Since that wasn't the case, coupled with George's response to fan "reaction" by using less Jar Jar in AOTC, I wouldn't expect to see more of the guy in III. He'll have to show up, but I wouldn't put it past George to show us a shot of Jar Jar "escaping" the purge then showing up in the Cantina in the Super-Nifty versions of the OT.

jjreason
02-20-2004, 03:51 PM
I think he'll get sent to Alderaan to watch over Leia, similar to Luke going with Obi Wan. It'll be left for us to interpret that he perishes with Bail when the planet is destroyed in ANH.

I don't mind seeing him, but I don't feel that the story that's going to have to be told in Episode III will merit much in the way of comedy relief. I found TPM and ROTJ a little "over the top" in terms of sight gags and silliness. This movie should be dark and solemn, sombre. There will be laughter, yes (it's Lucas) but hopefully of the bittersweet variety - people cracking one liners to deal whatever horrible stressed they're under at the time.

I don't need a 5 or 10 minute Jar Jar interlude, with lots of people getting hit in the nuts or neutralized out of sheer blind luck. I don't need another slapstick droid assembly line routine, either btw. Make it short (2hrs is plenty), make it dark, make it good.

El Chuxter
02-20-2004, 04:52 PM
We need more JJB in E3, or his role in E1 will be a ripoff. But we don't need the fart jokes.

I want him to go out a hero, slain by Vader. Redeem his character somewhat.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I think that 10,000+ posts in these forums is plenty of JJB. :)

Turambar
02-23-2004, 12:04 PM
By including Jar Jar in the movies, George was able to eliminate the need to make an annoying cartoon spinoff (which the gungans would have been perfect for) by, instead, including the annoying cartoons in the movie itself! Even though JJB has already tainted the prequels, they really wouldn't be that great without him. So I vote to let the poison run its course. More Jar Jar in E3!

CropDuster
03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Maybe GL can paint JJB into the super-extra-platinum-most-special editions of the OT. :rolleyes:
As bad as that sounds it might be fun to see him tossed into the sarlacc pit.

Rocketboy
03-29-2004, 11:53 PM
I liked Jar Jar.
He provided the much needed comic relief that Artoo and Threepio couldn't supply, due to their lack of screen time together.
He was much cooler than Darth "Action Figure" Maul.

God bless Jar Jar Binks!

mabudonicus
03-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Add me to the "More, please" category

Jar Jar was the single most memorable thing about TPM..... I actually thought he was fun, after I stopped totally hating the whole TPM experience..
I'm hoping that maybe it'll turn out that Jar Jar gets all out-of-shape and turns into a Hutt, and that the SE Jabba was (ingeniously:D!) actually Jar Jar Binks all along, making him perfectly accurate and shutting up all the nitpickers once and for all :beard:

I really did think he was sorta funny, in a retrospective way

CropDuster
03-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Jar Jar was memorable... but for all the wrong reasons! lol
Yet, he did make me laugh once or twice. However, I also laugh at other stupid things, like the guys on Jackass.

Turambar
03-30-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm hoping that maybe it'll turn out that Jar Jar gets all out-of-shape and turns into a Hutt, and that the SE Jabba was (ingeniously:D!) actually Jar Jar Binks all along, making him perfectly accurate and shutting up all the nitpickers once and for all :beard:

Brilliant! Then the existence of Boss Nass would makes sense as he represents the in-between stage of transformation of goofy gungan into strange looking blob. The voice gets deeper, there's more drooling, the creature becomes more intelligent. It all makes sense, now.

Rocketboy
03-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Actually, I hope Jar Jar accidently kills Boba Fett and decides to become Fett...just so Lucas can tick people off and better explain Fett's clumsy *** death in Jedi.
(The helmet would fit - he is rubbery)

-Durge-
04-01-2004, 09:10 PM
I wanna see more JarJar. Also see Sebulba on Couracant.

evenflow
04-02-2004, 08:33 AM
I feel that he should die in the film. There is no mention of him at all in the classic trilogies and there are no Gungans either. If he does not die, we shoudl see some of him like in AOTC.

Rocketboy
04-03-2004, 05:46 PM
I feel that he should die in the film. There is no mention of him at all in the classic trilogies and there are no Gungans either. If he does not die, we shoudl see some of him like in AOTC.There are no mention of many other aliens either, like Dugs for example.

chrisc
04-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I would like to see him impaled on a spear or something like that but thats just me.

Gungan Warrior
04-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Of course who wouldn't wat more Binks. He's the man!

stillakid
04-23-2004, 10:32 PM
1 word: Gunganburger.

Turambar
04-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Less Jar Jar is certainly not the answer to saving an already sinking ship. I say they just go out with a bang it E3. Jar Jar should join the jedi order and be Obi-Wan's new apprentice. He could be in the final duel against Anakin and strip the sequence of any dignity that it might have otherwise had. Go for it!

Jedi Commando
04-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Not me, Jar Jar is horrible and made Phantom Menace a disgrace.

Turbowars
04-25-2004, 03:14 PM
I think that 10,000+ posts in these forums is plenty of JJB. :)You do have a very valid point there.:evil:

Darth Kirk
04-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Meesa wantsa moorsa Jar Jar Binksa. Whosa with me???? :)
A song and dance sequence, right before Anakin transforms into Vader; to bring some levity to the sadness...

mm74md
04-26-2004, 01:47 PM
I don’t see a need, but wouldn’t protest if he were in a few scenes like EP2. We saw that he was "clumsy" in EPI, easily swayed in EP2, so what will Jar Jar need to do to in EPIII???? Nothing of importance I don’t think.

BTW, I thought Captain Tarpals was more ridiculous & annoying than Jar Jar in EP1…"Yousa in big doo doo this time…"

The 'Xir
04-26-2004, 10:28 PM
I don't think we need a huge role for JJ, not as much as TPM, but we definitely should see more out of him than we did in AotC!! It would be a total sell out for George if he created this one of a kind and original character and than didn't stick to his guns and give this character a fully fleshed out story! It would be disgraceful for a writer, to create such an impactful character and let him fade into obscurity due to peer pressure! This character needs purpose, and although he is not central to Anakins story, it would be as detrimental as if 20 years ago George created the side character of Han and then did absolutely nothing with him after ANH! Luke wouldn't be as complete a character if he didn't have Han, and as much as some may hate to admit it Anakin/Vader wouldn't be as complete without Jar Jar! :rolleyes: I know, I know I'm crazy :crazed: however, it's true!

angellus
04-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Nothing can save the disaster that is the prequel trilogy, so Jar Jar could have the main role in the film for all I care. And I doubt Lucas would have the guts to kill him anyway. His death might upset the kiddies and we can't have that. And besides, what would clumsy people with political aspirations all over the world do without Jar Jar as a role model?

CropDuster
04-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Nothing can save the disaster that is the prequel trilogy, so Jar Jar could have the main role in the film for all I care. And I doubt Lucas would have the guts to kill him anyway. His death might upset the kiddies and we can't have that. And besides, what would clumsy people with political aspirations all over the world do without Jar Jar as a role model?
They could always use Joselyn Elders as a role model...

chrisc
04-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Mabey the first thing anakin as darth vader does is kill JJB, and then go on a purge killing all the gungans like he did the Jedi.

CropDuster
05-03-2004, 07:44 PM
I don't think we need a huge role for JJ
I agree 100%, I would go along with no role at all.

It would be a total sell out for George if he created this one of a kind and original character and than didn't stick to his guns and give this character a fully fleshed out story! It would be disgraceful for a writer, to create such an impactful character and let him fade into obscurity due to peer pressure!
yeah, George is no sell out. :rolleyes: ... he is no writer either...

This character needs purpose,
Characters generally do need purpose, yet JarJar never had one...

and although he is not central to Anakins story, it would be as detrimental as if 20 years ago George created the side character of Han and then did absolutely nothing with him after ANH! Luke wouldn't be as complete a character if he didn't have Han, and as much as some may hate to admit it Anakin/Vader wouldn't be as complete without Jar Jar! :rolleyes: I know, I know I'm crazy :crazed: however, it's true!
Ha Ha Ha, you ARE crazy. Han and Luke being analagous to Jar Jar and Anikan is like saying Batman and Robin are analagous to Richard Simmons and David Letterman.

chrisc
05-04-2004, 01:51 PM
just kill him. slowly and the most painful way you could imagine

IMFETTUP
05-04-2004, 02:01 PM
The character Jar Jar only echoes what exists in our own society. Those that are different are usually not liked and often misunderstood or stereotyped. Most often times, they are simply ignored. Maybe if Jar Jar wouldn't have been portrayed as a complete idiot, he would have been better received by the audience. Somebody once told me that they believed Jar Jar would come back in E3 as Darth Jar Jar:p ... It really doesn't matter to me if he is in E3 so long as it is a limited role.:ermm: