PDA

View Full Version : Whats his name????

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 10:57 AM
I have been watching the CLone Wars cartoons over and over. This one character who I think would be a great figure, but Idont know his name. He met up with Dooku in Episode 6 when Asajj showed up. If you know his name it would be appreciated. Thanks

jad
02-20-2004, 11:11 AM
I don't think he has a name. Atleast it hasn't been mentioned to my knowledge yet. Your best bet would be to search the data archives on sw.com They've already put up some names of the obscure characters from the cartoon.

You're right though, he is a cool character and would make a nice figure. But it's doubtful that hasbro would do a toon figure of him, even if the line continues :(

stillakid
02-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Uh, it's been a little while since I saw the show, but if I'm not mistaken, that's Asajj in disguise.

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Uh, it's been a little while since I saw the show, but if I'm not mistaken, that's Asajj in disguise.

I ust watched it again, and Ithink you might be right. The one thing that confuses me is before you see Asajj, the "camera" is closing in on Dooku and the other character. Then he is gone and Asajj is there, leading me toibelieve you. But then Dooku says, "My host would applaud you". Does he mean the alien or Sidious?

And Igot this off of SW.com:

Shortly after the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Count Dooku ventured to Rattatak to find a worthy warrior to draft into the service of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Recognizing this as an opportunity to leave Rattatak and possibly exact vengeance on the Jedi Knights, the powerful Asajj Ventress entered the fray and emerged victorious.

There was no mention of the other character at all, which also sways me in favor of what you said.

stillakid
02-20-2004, 11:29 AM
But then Dooku says, "My host would applaud you". Does he mean the alien or Sidious?

Sidious because he shows up after the duel.

darthzirock
02-20-2004, 11:29 AM
No, that's not Asajj. It was some sort of official of the combat arenas on the planet Rattatak. I believe the poor schmoe actually was killed by Asajj, hence Dooku's comment about his host applauding her. And, Sidious doesn't show up until after Dooku has taken Asajj away from Rattatak.

JangoFart
02-20-2004, 01:48 PM
No, that's not Asajj. It was some sort of official of the combat arenas on the planet Rattatak. I believe the poor schmoe actually was killed by Asajj, hence Dooku's comment about his host applauding her. And, Sidious doesn't show up until after Dooku has taken Asajj away from Rattatak.

I'm afraid you are all wrong to varying degrees. Yes, that IS Asajj. And yes she did kill the person who she was imitating. After congratulating her on her abilities to DISGUISE herself, Dooku say: "My host would appauld you... posthumously." Of course, "posthumously" means "in death". Dooku goes further to illustrate this fact by stating that he and Sidious are not interested in a mere assassin.

In other words, Dooku was the guest of the now-dead dude, i.e., his "host", at the arena to find a warrior worthy of the task. Asajj must have known such and gets there before Dooku, kills the dude and impersonates him. The "camera" pans to Dooku while he's saying this and then pans out to show Asajj, still in that same seat and still wearing dead dude's robes. All for an affective dramatic effect.

J

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 01:51 PM
She is not wearing his robes. She is in black where he clearly was in a cream colored robe.

darthzirock
02-20-2004, 02:06 PM
I also think the official was there with Dooku at first, then Asajj sneaked in & killed the guy. Wasn't there the sound of a body hitting the floor before Dooku makes his comment to her? I can't find my tape of the cartoon! Hope I didn't accidentally tape over it ... :ermm:

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 02:10 PM
While there is no sound of a body hitting the floor(I just watched it again) Dooku does say "You have great skills of infiltration and masked her presence well. To me that means she snuck in and offed the cat alien dude. I am now convinced that it wasn't Asajj in disguise. And I wanna know a name.

JangoFart
02-20-2004, 02:30 PM
While there is no sound of a body hitting the floor(I just watched it again) Dooku does say "You have great skills of infiltration and masked her presence well. To me that means she snuck in and offed the cat alien dude. I am now convinced that it wasn't Asajj in disguise. And I wanna know a name.

Ugh.....

She off him w/ a blow dart (silent kill), drag away the body and jump into his seat before the camera panned off of Dooku? That might be reading a TAD into it....

J

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 02:34 PM
She didnt have to drag him off, he could of fell over. :D

El Chuxter
02-20-2004, 02:36 PM
And I wanna know a name.

How about Bob? Yeah. Bob's a good name. Or maybe Ralph or Eddie.

amidalak
02-20-2004, 09:34 PM
i watched it again, after dooku and the henchman sit down, the shot leads you to dooku and that henchman from behind, implying that asajj is sneaking up behind them and silently kills the henchman. but in the regular sound or the hyperspace commentaries it doesn't say his name!

how about whiskers?

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:43 AM
His name is Hillbert.:)

darthzirock
02-21-2004, 11:20 AM
His name is Hillbert.:)

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

amidalak
02-21-2004, 02:45 PM
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
one of my top 5 fav movies, inigo it should be!

stillakid
02-21-2004, 03:08 PM
i watched it again, after dooku and the henchman sit down, the shot leads you to dooku and that henchman from behind, implying that asajj is sneaking up behind them and silently kills the henchman. but in the regular sound or the hyperspace commentaries it doesn't say his name!

how about whiskers?

You may be right. I just watched it again and Dooku's line is: "Impressive, you mask your presence well. Flawless timing, perfect control, you have great skill of infiltration. My host would applaud your abilities...posthumously. However, I am not looking for a spy."

The "posthumously" comment certainly does seem to indicate that Asajj offed that guy. There is a "rumble" of some kind at the moment when the killing might have occurred, but it seems to be coming from the arena.

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:36 PM
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.Bring it on. MHAHAHAHAHAHA..

darthzirock
02-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Bring it on. MHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Why ... do you perhaps have six fingers on your left hand?

jjreason
02-22-2004, 09:01 AM
If we went by the vintage method of naming characters (Hammerhead = hammer head, Ree Yees = Three Eyes, etc) this guy could be called "Flat Head" or maybe "Lat Fhed", if the creative juices were flowing well enough.

Kidhuman
02-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Very good reasoning JJ. I would buy that. Is there any way to submit this to SW.com or another website? Maybe we could get a name on him that wat.

jjreason
02-23-2004, 08:47 AM
I don't know, KH. Maybe I'll go have a look. Worst case scenario: we'll always know who we're talking about! :D

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 08:48 AM
I hav already loked on SW.com and couldnt find him. He was on the planet Rattatak. The only afiliation for the planet was Asajj.

amidalak
03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
hey, just to let everyone know, i posted the following question to Pablo in the starwars.com hyperspace q & a and he answered today:

Pablo, what's the catlike aliens name with the flat hat who meets Dooku on Rattatak in the Clone Wars animated series?

The character is only identified as "Henchman," and has no other information.

apparently "henchman" has no name!

bobafrett
03-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Maybe the henchmans name is Namhcneh, which is Henchman spelled backwords. Silly world of George Lucas!

Thanks for the info Amidalak!

Kidhuman
03-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks Amidalak. At least it gives some leeway into who it is.

Kidhuman
05-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Well a member at RS got this question answered. It is not Asajj in disguise.

I am sad to say that I spoke with Paul Ruddish and he confirmed that Asajj killed the cat guy and quickly sat down. It was not her in disguise.

plasticfetish
05-08-2004, 04:56 PM
His name is Tobe and he's a Sagittarius. He likes windsurfing, playing Frisbee and long quiet walks in the park. He enjoys listening to jazz and some soft rock on his stereo. He dislikes smokers, "mean" people and assassins. Some day he hopes to graduate from the local college with a degree in communications, but in the meantime he works evenings at Starbuck's while occasionally filling in as an attendant at the local battle arena.

Kidhuman
05-08-2004, 09:48 PM
I thought I saw him somewhere before, it was at Starbucks.

Battle Droid
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this character became a What's the Story candidate on Hyperspace.

Blue2th
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I can't believe theres' a whole thread on this character. He deserves to be a figure now. :yes:

RJarvis
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
i think i've discovered a long lost relative of the character in question...looks an aweful lot like novice hame from dr. who!

:yes:

rj

stillakid
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Well a member at RS got this question answered. It is not Asajj in disguise.

Well, that's a bu**sh** answer. If that's what the animators/director intended, it's not what came across. It definitely looks like Asajj was disguising herself as someone she killed previously. If there is something else the animators/director intended, it didn't work. There is "being subtle" and being "too subtle." The way the cartoon presents the character, it looks as if Asajj merely casts off her "disguise" and then goes to prove her Jedi abilities to Dooku. Part of her Jedi ability is disguise as one who she killed earlier.

So the character in question is indeed the image of an unnamed individual, but he is dead. The one we really are looking at is a disguised Asaaj.