PDA

View Full Version : Question about pre-ordering the vintage line

CrossWizard
02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
I noticed Kebco started taking pre-orders today for the OTC Vintage figures and vehicles, and to my surprise they list them at $6.99 per figure. I thought they were supposed to cost like $10-$11.

Now my question before I put on a pre-order is, has Kebco ever raised the price on a pre-order item before? like for example, say I pre-order a few of the vintage figures and they charge me the 50% deposit of my order at $6.99 for them, but then weeks or days before they ship they raise or change the price, could that be possible?

Kidhuman
02-20-2004, 02:44 PM
What you probably see is not the SA line. Over on EE, they have 2 different case orders. One for SA and one for the regular figures(repacks and such). I preordered the case of repacks and new figs mixed together. The regular line will sell at normal retail.

Also over at EE, they dont charge your card until the merch is in stock and ready to be shipped. You can cancel your order anytime with them as well.

CrossWizard
02-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Nope, it's 12 figures, the 12 listed on the back of the Vintage card and all say vintage, including Lando, Boba Fett and Han Solo Endor.

The regular OTC collection, like the Dagobah and Bespin Wave have not been listed yet.

CrossWizard
02-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Pre-Order Update 02/20/2004 - 12 New OTC Vintage 2004 figures added for Pre-Order.

Choose from Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, C-3PO, Yoda, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca, R2-D2, Boba Fett and Han Solo Endor

The Original Trilogy Collection figures for 2004 will feature the 12 original characters from the 70's and 80's.
The figures are all-new sculpts with extra articulation. The packaging is a reproduction of the original cards complete with the Kenner logo and coffin blister and the figures will come enclosed in a Star Wars embossed Collector Case.

There will be a price increase on just the 12 OTC Vintage 2004 figures. The reason for the price increase is the figures will be enclosed in a special Star Wars embossed Collector Case. Our price for Club Members is $10.49 and Non Club is $10.99

Nevermind, they changed the price. Thanks anyway.

plo koon 200
02-20-2004, 04:15 PM
That sucks. Man if I could get them for that cheap...

mosnab
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
I had noticed that the other day too, but held off on ordering them. I kind of thought the price might get changed though. Are a lot of you preordering these figures? I have been trying to hold off and find things in the stores lately...but these are some figures (the vintage OTC ones) that I really don't want to miss out on...plus, it sounds like they are a "limited" run, or at least rumored to be. I haven't ordered from Kebco for awhile, but have always had good luck, anyone currently (or have recently) order from them...how has it gone?

CrossWizard
02-23-2004, 04:32 PM
I sure as heck don't want to take any chances on a Super Articulated Boba Fett on a vintage card especially if they are going to be limited.

I'll pre-order some of my favorite characters, incidentally the ones that will probably be the hardest to find (Vader & Fett) and I'll try to get the others at retail. I just don't wanna risk having to pay $30 a figure on Ebay just cause I took a chance waiting on the wasteland known as my local retailers.