PDA

View Full Version : "Unleashed" Clone Trooper

jedibear
02-20-2004, 07:28 PM
After spending these winter months going crazy seeing pictures of forth,coming figures I'll probably never see in my northern neck of the woods, I broke down and ordered this new Unleashed entry from Amazon and I'm glad I did...

I haven't been shy in my admiration of the "Unleashed" line since it's debut. While I can appreciate the bombastic look of some of this line's entries (Maul with his candy-red swirl surrounded leap, Luke with his gravity-defying green swooped leap to name a few), my preference in these figures are the more conservative ones that manage to be dramatic but emphasize the character's look/mood (like the excellent Mace and the elegant Obi-Wan or the sultry Leia).

The Clone Trooper falls into that latter catagory, with his running stance capturing his athleticism and intensity as he steps over his fallen comrade. The sculpt is lean and excellently detailed. The base featuring a downed Trooper, is one of the best in the series, subtley illustrating the battlefield and that the Trooper is never alone.

He looks great displayed with the other AOTC Unleashed figures, especially the angry leaping Anakin and the cool, wickedly efficent Mace. I can't wait to see the rendering of Aayla Secura...to see if she adds to this amazing diorama of the Geonosian Battle.

A note on the packaging....this figure is part of the second wave in this new, dynamic packaging. Excellent graphics, colors that heighten the figure's appearance on the card and very well done photography of the figure on the cardback (along with the now-standard hyper-descriptive text) make these figures shine and stand out on the pegs. There hasn't been a dull one yet in this new package scheme...my compliments to the Graphics team at Hasbro for these. But while the package is hot....this figure deserves to be out on display.

If you like this series, don't pass this one up. If you've just looked at these on the pegs, now's the time to break in and experience this imaginative line of figures...plenty of bang for the buck and a great rendition of the Clone Trooper.

Hellboy
03-02-2004, 08:24 PM
I picked the Clone Trooper up as well and really like him. Your right jedibear he does display well with the other AOTC Unleashed figures. I have mine displayed side by side with my Obi-Wan on top of my computer monitor and they look great. The only complaint I have is the paint job on the dead Clone Trooper's broken visor. The whole spider effect just doesn't come off very well IMO. Not a big deal considering a little black paint can fix that but overall I'm quite happy with mine too.

dr_evazan22
03-03-2004, 07:42 PM
The one thing I didn't like about this was the pose of the fallen trooper. I can't stand it. I ended up buying it anyway because I think the Clones seem so much cooler than the Stormies. I just try to focus on the upright trooper.

bobafrett
03-03-2004, 11:44 PM
The one thing I didn't like about this was the pose of the fallen trooper. I can't stand it. I ended up buying it anyway because I think the Clones seem so much cooler than the Stormies. I just try to focus on the upright trooper.

:frus: :mad: :eek: Say what? I'm taking my E-11 blaster and I'm going home. :D

dr_evazan22
03-04-2004, 06:35 PM
lol, no offense meant there bobafrett! The clones (as seen in AOTC and CW related stuff) seem so much more dynamic then the stormies of the OT. I do love the look of the Stormies, especially Snowies and Sandies. I DO wish I had a set of each type of armor, for Clones and Stormies.