PDA

View Full Version : Finally! My lucky day.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-21-2004, 12:30 PM
After grousing on here for quite a while about the empty pegs, or the pegs still stocked with stray dusty peg warmers, I finally caught a break.

I hit my local Wal-Mart after at least an eight month dry spell there to find Captain Antilles, Gen. Dodonna, Dutch Vander, the TIE fighter pilot, Hologram Luke, Rappertunie, Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard disguise, and the dwarf Hoth Trooper.

Then when I came home, the Ephant Mon I bought from ebay was sitting in the mail.

Of course, I then went to check TRU and the same old Lott Dods and Zuttons greeted me. I'm tempted to just stash those elsewhere in the store to see if that will get TRU to restock the pegs.

What a great feeling to finally score some toys after such a long dry spell.

kool-aid killer
02-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Cool find, im looking forward to seeing your new found wave in my stores sometime soon. Ephant Mon sitting at home would be a welcome sight here, congrats on the nice haul. But dont you just hate it when you find some new figures at a store and being on a adrenaline rush you go to another store thinking youll find more good stuff, the second store ends up being a waste of time? Frustrating, but the thrill of a catch on the hunt helps make up for it.

Kidhuman
02-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Congrats on the score. I have yet to see the Yavin or Skiff wave show up here. But it should soon as they put out the wave before it two days ago.

sith_killer_99
02-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Great finds! But this really belongs in the "Just Found" section. ;)

Silent Chazz
02-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Glad you're Wal*Mart had some new stock in. All I got at my Wal*Mart yesterday was backtalked by one of the Toy Department Employees after I voiced my opinion to my mother near the DVDs Section about how I thought about the way my particular Wal*Mart's Toy Department was run. *sigh* :(

Kidhuman
02-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Glad you're Wal*Mart had some new stock in. All I got at my Wal*Mart yesterday was backtalked by one of the Toy Department Employees after I voiced my opinion to my mother near the DVDs Section about how I thought about the way my particular Wal*Mart's Toy Department was run. *sigh* :(

Ya know, my good find today was being in two Wal-Marts and seeing the SW pegs down to about ten each, which means they will be getting more in soon. Hopefully its not the R1 wave as I already have it. I need the Lando and Yavin wave.

Silent Chazz
02-21-2004, 05:57 PM
My Wal*Mart has room only for 4 Pegs and they are full of dust-collecting Saga 2002 Crap and pegwarmers from the 2004 Hoth Wave. I'm waiting for them to get 2004 Waves of: Tatooine Wave, Jabba's Palace Wave, Yavin Wave, and Hall of Fame Wave.

Turbowars
02-21-2004, 06:32 PM
After grousing on here for quite a while about the empty pegs, or the pegs still stocked with stray dusty peg warmers, I finally caught a break.

I hit my local Wal-Mart after at least an eight month dry spell there to find Captain Antilles, Gen. Dodonna, Dutch Vander, the TIE fighter pilot, Hologram Luke, Rappertunie, Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard disguise, and the dwarf Hoth Trooper. Where do you live? Just want to know to see if they are going to hit southern CA soon.

Reefer Shark
02-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Turbo,
They're hitting socal now. Found most of the yavin wave at WM Valencia the other day. Good luck dude!

B'Omarr Moneky,
Nice score man, those are great figures. I'm still looking for hologram Luke myself :) . Stashing those figures at TRU isn't going to help BTW (unless they actually have more stock at that store). They won't order anymore until those Lott's & Zutton's leave their computer system. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Maybe Wal-Mart is finally getting their crap together. Mine was crammed with 27 Palpatines for two years, occassionally gettng in new stuff. But the new stuff was too few and far between. I nearly broke down and cried with joy the other day - all the Palpatines were moved to the $2 clearance aisle! And they actually had some semi-new figures for a change! Even though it was from the Hoth wave and gold stripe rereleases of the Padawans, it was still a lot better than those damn Palpies. They've even sold out and been restocked a few times. Gee, interesting how new stuff sells and old stuff doesn't. :p

B'Omarr Monkey
02-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I actually went back to the same Wal-mart today (I live in eastern Mass., by the way. I know someone asked) hoping that they'd restock the pegs I'd depleted. No such luck.

I've not seen the Tatooine wave here at all, and still have not found the Hoth Luke, or R-3PO.

I did happen into the local comic book shop, such that it is, to find Elom (I know he's called something else now) as well as both waves of the animated versions of the Clone Wars figures at between $15-$20 a piece!! The animated second wave looks really great though. I like the look of that Clone Trrooper even more than the SA version.

The manager is out of his mind though. He's still got the same Ep.1 figures on his wall that he had when he originally put hem up there for $10-$20 each. He'll never sell them at those prices.

Daye Azur-Jamin
02-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Yea my walmart in Dunn, NC had a few Jabbas and the court denizens...that was a nice surprise...also alot of the walmarts in my area are starting to get the new figs like the yavin wave and the jabbas palace wave...things are lookin up around here it seems