PDA

View Full Version : More Jabba's Palace Figures please.

rust
02-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Recently finding an issue of SW Insider, (Issue 60) which had all the people from Jabba's Palace in it, I realized: We need more Jabba's palace. I counted more than 16 figures unmade (including POTJ2). Even though I know the Cantina needs at least 70+ more figures (And the durn Tonnika Sisters), Jabba's Palace has been practily IGNORED the past years. Not counting 04, we only got 3 Pabba's Place figures SINCE the end of POTF2 (Amanaman, Tessek, and Ephant Mon). And, we need a new Gamorrean Guard (more articulation). So Hasbro, this is my wishlist:

Basic:
BG-J38
Sgt. Doallyn
Yarna D'al Gargan (NEEDED DESPERATLY)
Kalit
Porcellus
Rennek
Gauren Nas Tal
Pucumir Thyss
Shasa Tiel
Fozec (Another NEEDED DESPERATLY)
Herat
Wittin
Beedo
Hermi Odle
Ortugg
Umpass Stass
Ak-Rev
Worrt
Joh Yowza (Special Edition Resculpt)

Ultra:
Jabba's Court Denizens II:
Arica (Mara Jade in disguse), Cane Adiss, Loje Nella, and Attark
[NOTE: Court Denizens II (Besides Attark) didn't appear in the movie, so it will be valuable in 2010 or so).

Thanks for listening (reading)
-rust

Droid
02-22-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree rust, we need more characters from Jabba's Palace. I think there are 10 main characters needed, seven of which you listed:

1. Yarna d'al' Gargan (probably in the top ten figures Hasbro should make
from all five movies)
2. Hermi Odle
3. Ak Rev
4. Umpass Stay
5. Sergeant Doallyn
6. A Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib
7. Worrt

Also, they should make:

8. Klaatu (based on the original Kenner figure, not in skiff guard outfit)
9. A generic palace guard seen in many shots both in the palace and on
the sail barge and skiffs, like the one that shot Luke. Does the one that
shot Luke have a name? You'd think the Expanded Universe would have
given him a story a long time ago - he shot Luke!
10. Giran, the other Rancor Keeper who cried with Malakili.

Are BG-J38 and Porcellus seen in the movie? Is there a picture of Porcellus on the web somewhere?

rust
02-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I agree rust, we need more characters from Jabba's Palace. I think there are 10 main characters needed, seven of which you listed:

1. Yarna d'al' Gargan (probably in the top ten figures Hasbro should make
from all five movies)
2. Hermi Odle
3. Ak Rev
4. Umpass Stay
5. Sergeant Doallyn
6. A Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib
7. Worrt

Also, they should make:

8. Klaatu (based on the original Kenner figure, not in skiff guard outfit)
9. A generic palace guard seen in many shots both in the palace and on
the sail barge and skiffs, like the one that shot Luke. Does the one that
shot Luke have a name? You'd think the Expanded Universe would have
given him a story a long time ago - he shot Luke!

11. Are BG-J38 and Porcellus seen in the movie? Is there a picture of Porcellus on the web somewhere?
9: That's Fozec.
10: Forget that one
11: Not sure, I just read about them in SW Insider, Issue #60

There ya go.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 09:14 AM
This is an issue that will go on until the end of SW lines everywhere. We can always, always use more Jabbas palace aliens. There is no question in my mind about it. The ones you listed are great and wanted. Then there is the issue of new sculpts.

Bib Fortuna
Gamorean guard
Malakili
Weequay
Nikto
Barada
Klatuu
Oola(carded this time please)

Then some others that need to be made also:

3PO with slime and popped out eye
Yarna
Hermi Odle
etc, etc etc

Iknow Hasbro has the line til 2018 and hopefully we will be getting these soon. But sooner then later please Hasbro

Turambar
02-23-2004, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=Droid]
QUOTE]

YES! I've always wanted that figure made. Also, always wanted the 2nd weequay on the skiff.
Hermi and Gargan are the other new figures I'd really like to see.
We've got to have a resculpt Gam Guard. That potf2 version was awful. An articulated GG with both axe, and pike would be awesome.
A resculpted bib would be nice, too. never cared for the pregnant-looking version.
Finally, how about cinema scenes covering the occupants of both skiffs! Finally pote snitkin won't be alone.

Droid
02-23-2004, 01:01 PM
I previously listed characters that had never been made before, but I think they could make some good resculpts including:

1. Leia that can recline on Jabba's throne
2. Salacious Crumb that can sit on Jabba's throne
3. Oola that is actually green instead of yellowish
4. a better Bib Fortuna
5. A Luke that can stand with the gun on Jabba - I can't make the new
Jedi Luke even hold his gun
6. As mentioned already, a 3P0 with green slime on him
7. As mentioned, a 3P0 with his eye out

However, I'd much rather have the ten that I mentioned.

Anyone up for listing cantina characters that should be made, or perhaps a more ambitious top ten list of characters that need to be made. For instance, if Hasbro would ONLY make ten more figures from the five movies already released what would they be? (Tonnika sisters count as one)

rust
02-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Anyone up for listing cantina characters that should be made, or perhaps a more ambitious top ten list of characters that need to be made. For instance, if Hasbro would ONLY make ten more figures from the five movies already released what would they be? (Tonnika sisters count as one)
Droid, you're going to have to do that in the thread yuo made in OTC. This thread is about Jabba's Palace

BOT (Back On Topic): We could always use an Ultra Ephant Mon too (With Sitting Salcious and Attark).

JediCole
02-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Are BG-J38 and Porcellus seen in the movie? Is there a picture of Porcellus on the web somewhere?

BG-J38 does appear on screen, but like many, if you blink, you miss him. Porcellus is one that I cannot place, so I will have to see if that character does in fact appear, but I don't think that he does.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-29-2004, 12:31 PM
I think one good way to rerelease some older figures is to make another 4-pack from Toys R Us. It could have Ephant Mon, repainted Oola, sitting Leia (new figure), sitting Salacious Crumb, and Jabba's Dais. Just a thought. I'd still like a resculpt of Bib Fortuna and a Gamorrean Guard, maybe in a screen scene with a new alien.

Kidhuman
02-29-2004, 02:45 PM
I think one good way to rerelease some older figures is to make another 4-pack from Toys R Us. It could have Ephant Mon, repainted Oola, sitting Leia (new figure), sitting Salacious Crumb, and Jabba's Dais. Just a thought. I'd still like a resculpt of Bib Fortuna and a Gamorrean Guard, maybe in a screen scene with a new alien.

That is a great thought, but since it is so god, hasbro will not do it. :D

Banthaholic
03-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Recently finding an issue of SW Insider, (Issue 60) which had all the people from Jabba's Palace in it,
Thanks for listening (reading)
-rust
Darn it, I was between memberships when this issue came out. Might have to pick me up this one online. Thanks for the info though, was the article similar to this months who's who of Hoth write up?

jjreason
03-02-2004, 01:20 AM
They've done an admirable job this year, but I fear that the age of OT figures will be coming and going shortly. The 2005 crop is going to be ALL about Episode III. I don't imagine we'll see any more fringe OT characters for another 2 years.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-02-2004, 07:31 PM
This is why I'm hoping they'll throw us a bone and give us a real fan's choice poll soon, so that we can at least get one of these obscure characters in before the deluge of episode 3 stuff.

rust
03-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Darn it, I was between memberships when this issue came out. Might have to pick me up this one online. Thanks for the info though, was the article similar to this months who's who of Hoth write up?
I dont know. Its the only issue I have.
Though, I can give a discription. First, It lists the character's name, then shows a picture, then gives a description.
-rust