PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Jabba on POTF Dais from the 80's.

Turbowars
02-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Here's a pic of Jabba on a Dais I have had for a while now.

Rogue II
02-22-2004, 06:59 PM
I did the same thing...except I'm missing the two center gargoyles on the dias. :frus:

droidekas2
02-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi!

Thanks for posting the pic. That is what Im going to do with Jabba, when I find him. I've been waiting for someone to post a pic with him on the vintage dias.
One question, what do you think of the coloring/paint job?? He looks to be a little too green.
Are you happy with what they've done with him??

Turbowars
02-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Well for the most part he looks good, but like always there is room for improvement. Your are right, he is a bit too green, but it's 100% better than any other paint jobs so far.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 10:30 AM
I agree, his brightness against the dull Dias is odd. Kinda took me for a shock when I first looked at it. I don't think I coould ever put anything other than ROTJ Jabba on that dias. Hasbro needs to make a new one.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2004, 10:37 AM
I was thinking about doing that as well. I dunno... I haven't gotten mine yet. By the looks of that pic and how green he is, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

bobafrett
02-23-2004, 01:24 PM
My ultra Jabba is staying on his card. I still have the earlier version of JTH to place up on his dias. It does look good with the ultra on there Turbo.

TheDarthVader
02-23-2004, 02:02 PM
So that ugly tongue on the ultra Jabba the Hutt is removable? Or did you "do away with it? By the way, your scene looks really nice.

Turbowars
02-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys. The tongue is removable and the pipe fits right where the tongue came out.

I was giving the railing a good looking over and it's from the same mold as the vintage one, but with a little part added on. The vintage pipe is nicer with the rope pipe. I think I'm going to switch it out.

Kidhuman
02-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Funny how the railing goes around his front and not the back like that vintage one.

Turbowars
02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Funny how the railing goes around his front and not the back like that vintage one.The pic that is linked above has the NEW railing on the dais, not the vintage. It looks the same, but goes around Jabba's back.

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 11:02 AM
I was looking on the card back of the new one and saw that they had it in front of him. I havent opened mine. I would much perfer it to be around his back.

Turbowars
02-24-2004, 11:29 AM
I think it is pictured in front of him for advertisement.

plasticfetish
02-27-2004, 12:27 AM
OK. wait... you say that your dias is POTF? It's not a ROTJ one?
The one in your photo looks darker than the Jedi dias also... looks better.

Turbowars
02-27-2004, 12:55 AM
OK. wait... you say that your dias is POTF? It's not a ROTJ one?
The one in your photo looks darker than the Jedi dias also... looks better.Yes it is the POTF Dais. It's the one that came from Sears in the White box with the black green picture of Jabba. It does say Return Of The Jedi on it. So what you are saying is is that there were 2 versions of the Vintage Jabba Dais? I don't know that much about Vintage, so maybe there are.

Kidhuman
02-27-2004, 12:59 AM
I think it was the same. Mihgt of been a rehash. :D

LusiferSam
02-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Yes it is the POTF Dais. It's the one that came from Sears in the White box with the black green picture of Jabba. It does say Return Of The Jedi on it. So what you are saying is is that there were 2 versions of the Vintage Jabba Dais? I don't know that much about Vintage, so maybe there are.

No, there was only one version of the dais. There were no POTF (vintage) playsets. The Jabba the Hutt Playset came in two different boxes, both ROTJ logos. Both were released in '83.

Turbowars
02-27-2004, 02:36 PM
No, there was only one version of the dais. There were no POTF (vintage) playsets. The Jabba the Hutt Playset came in two different boxes, both ROTJ logos. Both were released in '83. I knew about the 2 boxes, but didn't know there was no a POTF one. Jabba was just out for the release of ROTJ? Was the Plain white box from Sears Catalog and the nicer colorful one from retail?

LusiferSam
02-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Jabba was just out for the release of ROTJ?
If I'm reading your question right, yes. Jabba was available in '83 and '84. I assume it was available in '85 when production was ended.

Was the Plain white box from Sears Catalog and the nicer colorful one from retail?
Yes, that's my understanding.

plasticfetish
02-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Yes it is the POTF Dais. It's the one that came from Sears in the White box with the black green picture of Jabba. It does say Return Of The Jedi on it. So what you are saying is is that there were 2 versions of the Vintage Jabba Dais? I don't know that much about Vintage, so maybe there are.
No... that makes sense to me. There's both boxed versions up for sale on eBay right now. (image here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3177010959&category=49008).) I was trying to figure if the one you had was a darker plastic, looks like it in your picture... the ones that I've seen are a much lighter tan color.

Turbowars
02-28-2004, 12:15 AM
No... that makes sense to me. There's both boxed versions up for sale on eBay right now. (image here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3177010959&category=49008).) I was trying to figure if the one you had was a darker plastic, looks like it in your picture... the ones that I've seen are a much lighter tan color.That's the box I have and that's the same jabba and Dais. The reason why you think mine is dark, is that I used Photoshop to fix the crappy photo my 1 meg dig camera takes. Funny how I have a expensive photo program and a cheap *** Camera. I mean it's amazing what Photoshop can fix.:classic:

plasticfetish
02-28-2004, 12:30 AM
...it's amazing what Photoshop can fix.:classic:
Phhh... you're telling me.

I'm pretty tempted to buy a loose dias off eBay and repaint it like that at this point. Still hoping that we get a new playset at some point though. (Not likely I suppose.)