PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Falcon question

B'Omarr Monkey
02-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know if you can replace the Dejarik table that comes with the Falcon with the table that comes with Dejarik Champion Chewie? Does it fit in there? My POTF Falcon is still in its box, and my vintage Falcon is packed away, so I've never tried it.

amidalak
02-22-2004, 11:39 PM
yeah, it fits, but once it and chewie are both in there, there isn't a lot of room left for the droids. still, it's kinda cool, with chewie reclining like he is the man!

B'Omarr Monkey
02-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I wish they'd make a playset of the MF's hold that was to scale with the figures. I also always wanted hasbro to make a Dejarik set that could either be a game, or just action figures of the monsters with the table top for a base.

Devo
03-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have a theory on what they are doing with the cockpit of the new one to supposedly fit two figures more easily? Taking out the central post? Don't think that'll help much. I wish they'd give us a disembodied scale version of the cockpit.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Does anyone have a theory on what they are doing with the cockpit of the new one to supposedly fit two figures more easily? Taking out the central post? Don't think that'll help much. I wish they'd give us a disembodied scale version of the cockpit.
Well, it probably still won't be in scale with the film version, just likely to fit a larger Chewbacca and Han. It'll probably be a little larger version of the vintage/1995 cockpit. :)

stillakid
03-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know if you can replace the Dejarik table that comes with the Falcon with the table that comes with Dejarik Champion Chewie? Does it fit in there? My POTF Falcon is still in its box, and my vintage Falcon is packed away, so I've never tried it.

Yes, and here is a pic I made illustrating what you're talking about...

B'Omarr Monkey
03-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the picture, Stillakid.

I'm with you, Devo, on the stand alone cockpit playset. I also think they should do one of the hold area that isn't so cramped.

jjreason
03-22-2004, 05:28 PM
They could even do it as one playset. Have the hold on one side of a circular diorama, complete with a tunnel to the other side on which could be the proper sized cockpit on one side, and some area to work on the hyperdrive on the other (not connected). Not set out exactly like the blueprints of the ship and of course we'd be missing the shell, but it would be fun to be able to set up a diorama of "In Falcon" happenings. So many interesting things took place inside that old bucket.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2004, 09:54 PM
If I won the Hasbro contest, and I could design anything at all, I'd probably do a huge-arse complete Falcon, as either one extremely large, extremely expensive set or a bunch of smaller sets that connect (the more logical route). It'd consist of:
*Cockpit with Pilot Chewbacca
*Ramp/entry hallway/hidden compartments with resculpt Scan Trooper
*Gunner Station resculpts with Pilot Luke and Pilot Han
*Main hold/lounge with Obi-Wan and training remote
*Outer pieces with stormtrooper, sandtrooper, C-3PO, etc.
I'm really hoping to win. :D

MASTER_JEDI
03-23-2004, 11:04 PM
As for the cockpit, Hasbro did in fact make one, but it might not be up to most collector's standards. It was the CD-ROM playset. Here, I'll take a couple of pics.....

MASTER_JEDI
03-23-2004, 11:09 PM
And my son made this one Saturday, which I thought was pretty damn good for a nine year old:). He got the floor decals from some site he said.

Kidhuman
03-24-2004, 01:27 AM
That is a really nice custom, especially for a nine yearold. Active imagination. If he keeps it up, he might rival ACPin. :beard:

clonehead
03-24-2004, 02:03 AM
very nice, but i can't help think "AAAHHHH you opened it up!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

MASTER_JEDI
03-24-2004, 02:40 AM
Kid, yeah I was proud of him:). He is working on the bench, and I'm working on the tunnel:).

Clone-huh? I open everything, but what piece are you talking about? I don't collect moc, value means nothing to me :D.

clonehead
03-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Clone-huh? I open everything, but what piece are you talking about? I don't collect moc, value means nothing to me :D.

I don't plan on selling any of the 200+ figures i have still in their box any time soon, but i much rather have them in their case then out, i mean i would never use them for anthing but decoration. and they can still be decoration in their box too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2004, 12:17 PM
That's a pretty nice custom. I have the CD-rom playset, and it's okay for what it is, but not really a great representation of the film cockpit. The giant blue orb and controls, the R2-D2 port, the lack of two chairs in the back, the adjacent gunner station, and its overall incompleteness detract from the set.

Now compare trhe size of the CD-rom cockpit's window size with that of the regular Falcon ship/playset. If Hasbro were ever to do a right-size Falcon, it would be almost as big as a ping-pong table. :D

LusiferSam
03-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Something else you guys are forgetting about the Falcon, or more precisely the figures, is that the POTF2 figures are bigger than the figures Hasbro is making right now. They don't need a big retooling of the cockpit to get the current figures to fit.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Something else you guys are forgetting about the Falcon, or more precisely the figures, is that the POTF2 figures are bigger than the figures Hasbro is making right now. They don't need a big retooling of the cockpit to get the current figures to fit.
The fgures didn't even really fit in the POTF2 era. Chewbacca's now an inch or so taller so he needs a larger cockpit for his correct scale. If they're trying to keep the ship at an affordable cost, it needs to be small, but by today's standards the cockpit's too small. If it were in scale, it could comfortably fit two pilots, two passengers, and maybe one more standing figure. But the POTF2 cockpit can barely fit two figures, so they're making it larger so it can.

vadersvette
04-09-2004, 12:11 AM
I know this is crazy, but I think that they should make a series of playsets to collect and assemble to make a big Millennium Falcon. Not full-size for the figures, of course, but a lot bigger than the mold they've been using. It would easily assemble and disassemble, and would include all the key locations onboard (the cockpit to seat 4 and the doorway, the chess area, the bed and top hatch, the floorboards, the tunnels, both the top and bottom guns--both able to seat Luke and Han, and the hyperdrive) and it could be done in just a few sets, possibly at least 5 or 6.

jedimarvin
04-12-2004, 11:47 AM
A redone Falcon really doesn't need to be the size of a ping pong table. When the vinatge falcon is released late rthis year, I'm assuming it will be in the $50 price range. I could see Hasbro giving us a decent Falcon for around $100. Do we really need every room in the Falcon made? Here's what I think we really need:
-A four seater cockpit. It doesn't need to be completely to scale from the movie just enough room so any combo of figures can sit down without legs or arms sticking out. A hallway would be nice but not essential.
-The large hold area, slightly larger then the current size with higher ceilings and no gunner station. Could have removable floor panels, this time tor eveal work area.
-Entrance way - really part of the main hold but sectioned off by a partial wall - removable floor panel for hiding.
-sick bay - again...sectioned off by a partial wall. Really just a tiny room with a bed for Luke.
-gunner stations - could be housed in a cylender that travels through the middle of the ship. Doesn't have to be accessable from inside, could open from the outside so you can sldie a figure in.

At any rate, the point is do you wnat a Millenium Falcon, vehicle, playset or both? A playset could give us scale rooms with better detail.

A vehicle we already have and are getting again.

I think the only way we would ever reasonably get both is if Hasbro persued a smaller scale update here as opposed to the ping pong table. Something that big would never be made, not even as connecting playsets. And I can't imagine it would be very sturdy either.

My dream Falcon is something that has some playset value but also can be used as a vehicle for the figures. It's kind of hard to "play" with a vehicle the size of a ping pong table.