PDA

View Full Version : slave 1 is the next code 3 release

good shot jansen
02-23-2004, 10:53 AM
i don't know if this was posted anywhere else on the site, but here's the 1st photos of the next code 3 vehicle, slave 1

to be released in april, price $295.00

here are some photos from their site

Beast
02-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Yep, right here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22950

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
02-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Code 3 is hardly a micro machine! I own the Code 3 Falcon, and it is a lot more detailed than the micro machine version. I do love my micro machines though!

LTBasker
02-23-2004, 03:44 PM
I dunno, the Code 3 Slave 1, judging by Boba's seat, looks like it's 1:1 scale with the AF figure possibly. :D

I so wish I could get those..

good shot jansen
02-24-2004, 11:16 AM
having bought both the falcon and the x-wing, i am thrilled with code 3's work.

of the two, i think they did a much more complete job with the xwing.

as fer mm scale, the falcon is a perfect 1:1 scale with micro machine figures. right now i am displaying the falcon in docking bay 94 with mm figures of luke, ben, han chewie, and the droids boarding, with storm troopers busting in on them.

unfortunately the x-wing isn't in scale with any of the galoob sized figures, (and i think it's a tad small to even be displayed with the 3 3/4" line)

i wasn't gonna buy anymore code 3 products maily due to the size of them, and the space they take up for display (missus jansen ain't too thrilled with her living room being turned into a museum of high priced die-casts :eek: ), but if i determine that slave I is indeed in scale with action fleet figures.......sorry honey, i just ahd to get it so's i can display my action fleet boba and popsicle han in just the right setting.

on code 3's site, they didn't mention of the boarding ramp opens or not, that would imho be an important feature that i think code 3 should definately provide.

good shot jansen
03-01-2004, 07:30 PM
here's a photo of my code 3 falcon with some mm figures reinacting the death star escape scene.

as you can see, the falcon is dayum close to being 1:1 with the old galoob mm figures :)
i now have a digital camera, so hopefully, i'll be able to share more pics.

(btw, the systems size requirements is a bit of a pain in the arse to meet, once i got the pics down to the maximum pixel size, i then found out that i needed to edit them even further to meet the overall size restraints.....sheeesh)

bobafrett
03-02-2004, 12:22 AM
I like it, I would never have though of using the micro machine minis with the code 3 falcon. Are those the Die cast figures, or plastic? I don't open a lot of my sets, so I can't remember what the mm characters were made of.

I have my Code 3 Falcon in the flying mode. Did you get the Acrylic case Good Shot?

good shot jansen
03-02-2004, 06:37 AM
the figures are the standard micro machine figures that galoob included with their playsets, as well as offered in figure only packs.

the seated figures of han and chewie that came with the micro machines falcon playset would fit in the cockpit seats of the code 3 falcon if there was room for their legs to go under the console. i'm contemplating cutting off their legs at the knees, so that they can be seated in the code 3 falcon for display purposes.

i remember when i gave mason his 1st action fleet, the a-wing. he was 2 1/2 at the time, and i felt that the a-wing pilot was way too little for him. so i gave him the ship without the pilot. his 1st reaction was to look in the cockpit, look up at me, and say......man? where is man? kinda what i say to hasbro everytime i got one of their newly released action fleet. :rolleyes:

the figures are such an important part of the star wars toy experience. something hasbro apparently has no knowledge of.

i did indeed get the display case, i removed it in order to take clear pictures. i had the falcon in flight mode when i 1st got it, it was when i was looking at some of the micro machines figures, that it occured to me, that the scale was close to being dead on to be displayed with the code 3 falcon.

LTBasker
03-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, the Falcon is just like a scale above them considering it should be low enough for Chewie to bump his head. :crazed: But it still looks perfect! Really nice set up. :cool:

matthewilw
03-02-2004, 06:28 PM
here's a photo of my code 3 falcon with some mm figures reinacting the death star escape scene.

as you can see, the falcon is dayum close to being 1:1 with the old galoob mm figures :)
i now have a digital camera, so hopefully, i'll be able to share more pics.

(btw, the systems size requirements is a bit of a pain in the arse to meet, once i got the pics down to the maximum pixel size, i then found out that i needed to edit them even further to meet the overall size restraints.....sheeesh)

HOLY CRAP!!!! I knew that those things were cool, but I couldn't justify such a high price tag. Although, I never realized they were so large either. I always thought they were almost in scale with AF vehicles, not the AF figures. If Code 3 puts out a gunship like this I will be the first to get it, that goes for a JSF as well (I'm still hurting from the loss of the AF version).

good shot jansen
03-02-2004, 08:07 PM
i decided to modify the han and chewie micro machine figures from the micro machine falcon playset.

by cutting off their legs right at the bend of the knee, i was able to fit both of them behind the controls of the code 3 falcon.

the only problem, is due to chewbacca's girth at the mid section, i can't fit him in behind the control arms on the right side of the cockpit, his usual seat. however han not only fits into the right cockpit seat well, his left arm is sculpted just right, so that it appears he is reaching for the control leaver that is located furthest to the left. (the hyperdrive control?).

as there are no control arms in front of the left cockpit seat, chewie fits there very nicely.

what's really cool, is that you can look through the cockpit glass, and see both of them clearly, sitting at the controls. this is really going to add a phenominal element when the falcon is displayed in flight mode!

have a look!

matthewilw
03-03-2004, 01:35 PM
very nice

is that a hoth Han?

JediTricks
03-03-2004, 09:12 PM
i remember when i gave mason his 1st action fleet, the a-wing. he was 2 1/2 at the time, and i felt that the a-wing pilot was way too little for him. so i gave him the ship without the pilot. his 1st reaction was to look in the cockpit, look up at me, and say......man? where is man? kinda what i say to hasbro everytime i got one of their newly released action fleet. :rolleyes: First off, I want to let you know that my reaction to your MM figs with your Code 3 Falcon is that I hate you and want to be exactly like you. :D Secondly, that tale you quoted above digs under my skin, that reads so true to how I feel about their treatment of Action Fleet (though I'd still take new Action Fleet Hasbro!!!). When I think about that one, I want to fly to Rhode Island and start shaking everybody in the state till I find the right one.

BTW, love that you put the Ghost of Ben in there, I wonder why Vader didn't see him yelling "Run Luke, RUN!". ;)

I wonder why there's no control yoke for the left pilot's seat. Even though they're in the wrong seats and Han has a big nose, those MM figs in the cockpit look SWEET!

good shot jansen
03-04-2004, 07:11 AM
i put the ghost of ben into the scene, mainly cause i couldn't find a mm figure of him wielding a light saber. i was bummed out that i couldn't find one at 1st (did they ever make one? the only sculpt i have of ben with a light saber is an af one), but i think the ghost one works nicely.

i'm gonna give some serious thought to constructing some kind of diorama sets to recreate the docking bay of the death star. the high gloss mirrored base of the code 3 falcon is a purty good representation of the high glossed polished floor of the bay shown in the movie.

i might have to troll ebay to pick up some action fleet death star playsets, in order to break em apart, and utilize the parts and pieces to construct the diorama. :)

the figure of han is from the mm falcon playset. the set included seated figures of chewie and lando to sit at the controls of the falcon. the seated han figure is supposed to go into the gunners seat for the top quad laser. the set also came with a niem nub standing figure, a c3p0 figure standing on one leg while holding his other, and a mynock. there may have been an r2d2 unit as well, i just don't recall. the set also came with a y-wing mm ship. why? i don't know, but it did.

the niem nub mini head comes with a niem nub seated figure. for variety, i guess i could modify that figure, along with the seated lando as well, and display em as part of a rotj set.

but as the code 3 falcon is the version that's in anh, i don't think we'll be seeing han giving the keys to lando for this particular falcon any time soon.

i've decided i'm only gonna buy the code 3 slave I, if there's any kind of way to put a figure into the cockpit. after studying the pictures of the ship from the toy fiar photo's, i've determined that it is indeed very close to being on a 1:1 scale with action fleet figures.

my satisfaction with teh code 3 falcon has grown immensely since i added the mm figures to it. i love my code 3 xwing, but i wish i could add figures to it, to enhance the display value.

i remember reading somewhere, that 2" figures were made for an exclusive japan market release. does anyone have any info about these 2" figures. that would be just about the right size to display with the code 3 xwing. the 3 3/4" ones are too big, and obviously action fleet one's are too small.

sicqnus
03-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Your Code 3 Falcon looks great with the MM figures. Maybe the new figures made by Hasbro this fall (OT and Clone Wars) will offer something intersting for your dioramas.

The 2" Asia figures made in 1998 are Maul, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme Naberrie, Queen Amidala, Battle Dro´d, Jar-Jar Binks. A Naboo Fighter (blistercard with Anakin figure packed-in) was the only vehicle ever produced for this line.
They are smaller than the 3,3/4" figures but still too big for the Code 3 Falcon (The X-wing maybe ?). Unfortunately the only figures made are Episode 1 characters, none from the OT have been made. You can find them from time to time on Ebay (price can vary). The Darth Maul is rarer and always more expensive.
There is also a black collector box (numbered) available, it contains the 8 figures and the fighter.

GSJ, you can also use a cardboard backdrop (I think picture backdrops with Death Star Hangar scene have been made for the Ultarama display furniture) with a picture of the Hangar. Below are the pics of a cardboard diorama made for Action Fleet (at the Kourou - Guyana 2003 expo).

JediTricks
03-07-2004, 06:23 PM
The 2" figures were also available in Australia, that's where I got my boxed set in a trade. They apparently made sets available with and without the numbering, so your ebay mileage will vary. The figures are articulated, pretty basic stances and a few small lightsabers. Their paint is a little wonky, so if you get one, make sure it doesn't rub its paint off on the X-wing interior.