PDA

View Full Version : New Fan poll up on Hasbro's site! That's the good news.

Turbowars
02-23-2004, 06:13 PM
The bad news is that we only get rehashes to choose from.

Commtech R2
Motti
Ree Yees
Death Star trooper
Stormy Han (from trash set)
I voted for Han, because he hasn't been on a card yet. Check it out!http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1008/dn/default.cfm

A.J.
02-23-2004, 06:21 PM
I voted for Han, because he hasn't been on a card yet. Check it out!http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1008/dn/default.cfm

If Han wins we'll end up with an ugly, hunched over pre-posed figure IMHO which will be fine for carded collectors, I suppose... pass

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2004, 06:24 PM
The only good choices would be R2 or Motti, maybe Ree-Yees. Everyone got the Screen Scene (which was last year, not 2001) and everyone got the Death Star Accessory Set with the Death Star Trooper. I got Ree-Yees for $2 at one of those sales, and R2 for $20 one time. Motti is the only logical choice, for me.

Vote Motti!!!

rherk
02-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Please do not support the Han Solo Stormtrooper cause if they release it, we will not see a new, better resculpt.

Beast
02-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Agreed. I'd rather see a new resculpt of Han and Luke: Stormtrooper in the future. Motti was harder to get then R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia. But R2 is a great sculpt. So this is a real tough one. I hate voting for a main character. But, I think I'm gonna have to go for R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia. Since everyone's always clamoring for it to be re-released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
02-23-2004, 06:54 PM
If Rehashs are king then I will want the R2D2 with Holo Leia....

since I never got one...

Turbowars
02-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah, OK I'll change my mind just for you.

CrossWizard
02-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I'll go with R2 as well. I never got him plus I want a brand new Ree-Yees and Stormie Han.

JediTricks
02-23-2004, 08:01 PM
What is this crap? Why choose 1? Motti, Ree-Yees, and R2 all should be recarded and re-released. DS Trooper needs to be retooled and there's no excuse for having that preposed Han Stormtrooper figure be THE basic carded version of this figure. This is lame to me, this is so incredibly sub-par to the previous Fans' Choice polls! Where are the new figures? These are just recycling, might as well do 'em all.

Anyway, R2 is currently out in front at 27% with Han & Motti tied for 2nd at 24% a piece.

Oh, and since this is Hasbro's OTC poll, I'm moving this thread to the OTC forum.

Reefer Shark
02-23-2004, 08:09 PM
While R2 is the better figure (and the best R2 we have seen yet), I will be voting for Motti. Everybody needs a victim for Vaders force choke!!

I'd say him, Liea, and R2 were all equally HTF from my experience since I'd never seen any of them at retail. I could see them still re-releasing the R2 anyways since he's a core character. They should've used the com-tech sculpt for the BAR2, now we know why Hasbro didn't. :rolleyes:

Interesting poll though, pick yer re-pack. I wonder if they will do a new sculpt poll this year? That Antilles from the last poll turned out to be one awesome figure!

kool-aid killer
02-23-2004, 08:27 PM
I dont think im voting for in this one. Compared to past line ups, this one is lame. Ive already got most, and the ones i dont arent very exciting anyways.

Silent Chazz
02-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I say Motti since we already have a Han and R2 recarded coming up in the OTC.

plo koon 200
02-23-2004, 10:27 PM
This is bull because Han is winning. I can't belive it. That is a horrible sculpt. The only logical choice is Motti because he has a great sculpt and is the hardest to get. I don't have R2 w/holo Leia but it was easier to find than Motti and is cheaper.

Hasbro has lost their mind. I fear that the future of Star Wars will only be re-releases. We may never see an original figure again. For all I care Hasbro can go to...

If they are going to have a Fan's Choice poll it should be a real one. This is entirely fake. Hasbro is running themselves in the ground. First low distribution in 2003, JMP auctions, the ultra-rare OTC Neo-Vintage best sculpts ever figures, and now this Fan's Choice.

Hasbro has lost it. I take back all the postive stuff I said about them making great packaging. Afterall, I know they will change it to something lame when Episode III comes out.

jjreason
02-23-2004, 10:49 PM
This is bull because Han is winning. I can't belive it. That is a horrible sculpt. The only logical choice is Motti because he has a great sculpt and is the hardest to get. I don't have R2 w/holo Leia but it was easier to find than Motti and is cheaper.

Hasbro has lost their mind. I fear that the future of Star Wars will only be re-releases. We may never see an original figure again. For all I care Hasbro can go to...

If they are going to have a Fan's Choice poll it should be a real one. This is entirely fake. Hasbro is running themselves in the ground. First low distribution in 2003, JMP auctions, the ultra-rare OTC Neo-Vintage best sculpts ever figures, and now this Fan's Choice.

Hasbro has lost it. I take back all the postive stuff I said about them making great packaging. Afterall, I know they will change it to something lame when Episode III comes out.

Whoa, Nellie! You're worrying about WAY too many things that we don't even know will come to pass! Go lay down for a little bit, take a few deep breaths, then come on back to the computer :D (kidding, sorry if I offend).

There's good news here, you just have to look more closely. Whichever one of these figures wins will automatically lower the going carded price for it's predecessor. Good news, for those who never scored the original. IF it's close enough, Hasbro has demonstrated that they will honor ties. Maybe just maybe you guys will get both R2 and Motti rereleased! Of course new figures are more desirable, but go ahead and vote anyway. Maybe they'll run another poll in the summer for a Christmas figure. Who knows?

Who's said anything about the new Super Articulated figures being "Ultra Rare"? I haven't read that. All we've heard is "will ship in limited numbers". Every figure ships in limited numbers. The simple desirability of these makes me absolutely sure that they'll be showing up EN MASSE. I think they'll sell well, but those who shop routinely for toys (like most of us here) will have NO problem finding these. You read it here first! :)

What makes you think the packaging for EpIII will be lame? I've loved every package they've come up with since Saga started. The OTC ones look very nice as well. I'm sure the packaging is going to be well within the "acceptably cool to very cool" range.

They're giving us a choice. Let's use it! BTW, I have all of these figures. I'm voting for R2 because he's my favorite.

bobafrett
02-23-2004, 11:26 PM
I voted for Rieekan!

Whoops, wrong poll.

Okay, I have two of the Hans, two of the R2 W/ holo Leia, and only one Motti (to the best of my knowledge). So I voted for.......................Stay tuned to see who bobafrett voted for in this next twist of the mighty Hasbros magic wrists!

Sidiously Darth
02-23-2004, 11:44 PM
I voted for Motti. I think more people should have a chance at the first SW figure that came with the choking sensation action feature. I mean it is so great that now there are 3 figures with it. :p

Anyway, I already think this poll is suspect. Everytime Hasbro puts one of these up, the votes get screwy.

plasticfetish
02-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Han's winning, and I'm so not into it. I didn't buy those sets when I could, and I'm probably not gonna buy this thing single carded.

I voted Ree-Yees. Since we picked up that "Bounty Hunter" game, I've heard the kid say, "Why don't I have that guy with the three eyes? Can I get a bunch of those?" Hey, I'd probably a buy a few of them if they put him out again.

DS Trooper needs to be redone. Motti I'd honestly like to see because I need another to open. I'd really rather get him in a multi-pack or something. For that matter, they should just do a multi-pack with him and the DS Trooper... plus maybe Tarkin and the DS Droid.

At this point, I don't care if I ever see that R2 figure. Never saw it in the stores, and as far as I'm concerned it never existed.

They'll probably end up rereleasing all of these eventually, so I'm not sure if there's any point in voting. It's yet another cheap way to gauge the fan's interest in something that they should know we're interested in by now. Or probably they're simply trying to generate a little buzz of interest in these old figures before they're hung out to dry again. Buzz, buzz... yawn.

darthzirock
02-24-2004, 12:43 AM
If Rehashs are king then I will want the R2D2 with Holo Leia....

since I never got one...

Well, that's the one I voted for, because I already have all the others on that list. Now, if it had been BoShek, it'd be a different story, as I don't have him, either.

stad
02-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Yes, it does seem rather odd that Han is winning at this point, especially considering what seems to be the general interest figures in this post. Sure wouldn't be the first time the figure hardly anyone votes for wins!
I really think it would be a shame if a figure that was just released last year (and still available here at Wal-Mart on clearance!!) is "voted" for the Rehash Fan Poll, especially one as pre-posed as this one.

arctangent
02-24-2004, 05:23 AM
i already own all of these including r2 with holographic leia which was never officially released in the uk (as far as i know) so i won't be voting in this one. it all seems a bit pointless. i am sure there are still characters from the original trilogy that have not been made yet, so why these rehashes?

InsaneJediGirl
02-24-2004, 07:27 AM
I voted for Motti.Although I couldnt find the Holo R2 either,there are enough R2s in my collection and not worth just getting a little plastic holograph.Motti can always be head swaped for a variety of Imperials :D

dr_evazan22
02-24-2004, 08:15 AM
I think Motti should get the vote, because he was the hardest carded fig for me to find. I ended up getting him at Wizard World East last year. I voted for the Scanning crew guy though because he's the only one I don't have.

Turbowars
02-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Hasbro added another figure. Crap *** Imperial Scanning trooper. They should at least use that gray Imperial officer from the TRU 4 pack.:rolleyes:

As of 9:24 AM EST:

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 21%
Admiral Motti : 22%
Ree-Yees : 14%
Death Star Trooper : 9%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 31%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 3%

angellus
02-24-2004, 09:27 AM
I find it ironic that Hasbro uses the term "Fan Choice" when most fans are opposed to rehashed figures. So personally, this fan's choice is not to vote in this lame poll. And besides, since the stores in my area get new Star Wars figures about as often as Rosie O'Donnell poses on the cover of Maxim, I won't be able to find the "Fan Choice" figure anyway.

I wonder what gimmick they'll think of next? Maybe "Star Wars: The Steroid Collection," featuring the original Luke and Leia from 1995. Or "Star Wars: The You-Missed-This-On-Screen Collection," which will R5-D4 with his oh-so-authentic concealed photon rocket.

Why don't they just be honest with us and call it "Star Wars: The We-Want-More-Of-Your-Money Collection."

arctangent
02-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Why don't they just be honest with us and call it "Star Wars: The We-Want-More-Of-Your-Money Collection."

very true angellus. there are far too many rehashes and re-releases coming out in the near future for my liking.

angellus
02-24-2004, 09:46 AM
It's out of control! Now they've added the Imperial Scanning Crew Member too? Well if I knew they were going to reissue him a few years ago, I wouldn't have bought that piece of junk Millennium Falcon case in the first place! They have no respect for the fans that keep them in business. It's disgusting.

BobaPhlegm
02-24-2004, 10:10 AM
I don't mind this type of rehashing as it includes mostly hard to find figures. I voted for Motti. He and Han Garbage are the only ones on the list that I don't have. I want that Luke Garbage figure too. So, in order to get him I need to purchase the screen scene which has Han in it too. Motti is the only one that makes sense for me. Why the Death Star Trooper? He was already repacked in the Target accesory pack. Now we need another one of these polls for the last couple of waves of the Episode 1 figures.

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I voted for Motti. I just got a R2 w/Leia, and really want Motti. I won't care if Han wins, it would be nice to have one carded. But, I want Motti.

Here are the results as of 1120 est:

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 20%
Admiral Motti : 21%
Ree-Yees : 13%
Death Star Trooper : 8%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 29%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 9%

arctangent
02-24-2004, 10:29 AM
I don't mind this type of rehashing as it includes mostly hard to find figures. I voted for Motti. He and Han Garbage are the only ones on the list that I don't have. I want that Luke Garbage figure too. So, in order to get him I need to purchase the screen scene which has Han in it too. Motti is the only one that makes sense for me. Why the Death Star Trooper? He was already repacked in the Target accesory pack. Now we need another one of these polls for the last couple of waves of the Episode 1 figures.

as far as i am concerned, none of these figures were hard to get hold of. as i said before i managed to get the holo r2 which wasn't released in the uk (and at a reasonable price) and all the others were easy to find here. all the admiral motti's must have come to england becasue we had loads of them when that wave first came out! the only one on the list i don't have is the scanner crew member. but as angellus said if i had bought the falcon carry case that this figure originally came with i would be pretty hacked off that they might be releasing it again.

i wouldn't mind a poll for an episode 1 figure as hasbro seem to have forgotten that tpm ever existed.

TheDarthVader
02-24-2004, 11:02 AM
I voted for R2-D2 with Leia. This was the hardest figure for me to find. Motti is also welcomed but I'd rather have r2. However, I think Han will win.

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 19%
Admiral Motti : 20%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 29%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 10%

Val Da Car
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
The Han would be a horrible rehash unless the used the Han Solo AT ST driver's head

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 19%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 28%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 11%

Beast
02-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Guys, this would not be a rehash. A rehash is using old parts to make a totally new figure. This is more like a rerelease or reissue of a previously available figure. Sorry about being anal about it, but I really hate seeing the word rehash used for something incorrectly. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
02-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Rehash = tired
Re-release = old

A Rehashed re-relase = ****** stupid!

Since this is a "Fans' choice" poll and the idea of re-released rehashes are becoming tired, I refuse to vote. When we get a real poll, then I'll vote.

sith_killer_99
02-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, OK I'll change my mind just for you.

See, that's what I like about you T, your so considerate and accomidating to others. :rolleyes:

;)

But seriously, I see Han is winning and that really is too bad, I have been one of the strongest supporters of getting a carded Han Solo in Stormtrooper outfit. We got robbed back in the vintage days and still haven't seen him carded!

But I really hate the Trash Compactor Han, in fact I hated the sets and sold 'em...to Turbo, I believe...I could be wrong, it was sooo long ago.

Anyway, my vote goes to Motti, not because he's my favorite, but because I believe he is the only one who can beat Bush...I mean, Han.

Sidiously Darth
02-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Here are the latest results:

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 18%
Death Star Trooper : 7%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 27%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 14%

First, how and why do you add a figure 2 days into a poll? I'm not complaining about the figure but the timing sucks, especially for those that already voted. :rolleyes:

Second, looks like the tide is turning. Mr. Scan Man is gaining momentum. I already have 2 of this guy but he's still a better choice than the Han.

Turbowars
02-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Now that the Scan dude is up, I'd like him or Han to win. My decision is based on that I'm a carded collector. The way things are going, I think we will get them all recarded. Hasbro's just playing games with us and is trying to tell us they care. What a joke.:rolleyes:

jedi-cpa
02-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Glad to see Han winning, as I would like that fig on a card finally.

I think this will be one of those times where we'll probably get all of these figs rereleased, it is just one will have the "fan choice" sticker on it.

I would say next should be the scanning crew guy based on availability (I have one that I won back during the day of free yahoo auctions) and probably the R2 Leia based on a rare and popular fig.

Kidhuman
02-24-2004, 04:21 PM
The Han is a statue. I wouldn't want that carded. Give us a real figure.

rust
02-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Come on everyone, Vote Ree-Yees! We need more Jabba's Palace figures. We need Ree-Yees!

JediTricks
02-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Adding that frankensteined Scanning Crew Member is just grasping, but since everybody'd want 2 of him, even the suckers who bought the Falcon case (like me) would probably buy a single carded version even if he and his accessory are woefully sub-par. Still, adding a new option on day 2 and it already has 14%? That's hard to believe, sounds like weapons-grade balonium to me.

BTW... "rehash" has the following definitions:
v. To bring forth again in another form without significant alteration
v. To hash over again; to prepare or use again
n. Something hashed over, or made up from old materials
n. old material that is slightly reworked and used again
v. present or use over, with no or few changes
v. go over once again

so the use of "rehash" to signify these repackaged figures is valid under many of those definitions (and all of them if you factor the packaging change as the slight alteration).

B'Omarr Monkey
02-24-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm voting R2 since I never found this one.

To be fair, the only figure on this list that's a truly bad idea is the Han Stormtrooper, who doesn't even come with a helmet. The Scanning Crew Technician, while not Hasbros's shining example of sculpting, is a nice idea for those of us who want two, and without having to buy a second cruddy carrying case. Motti, I thought was one of the best figures when it came out, and still holds up. Death Star Troopers won't warm pegs. Ree Yees probably won't either.

As far as released figures go, this is a really decent batch. It's much preferable to more Qui-Gonns, Darth Mauls, Darth Vaders, or Jango Fetts.

It's also nice of Hasbro to ask.

I agree, though that as a Fan's Choice, it's disappointing, because this is not what the fans would choose for a selection to pick from. With all of the resculpts coming out starting in the Fall, it would be a really nice gesture for hasbro to give us a Fan's Choice Poll of never before made characters, including the ones we've been badgering them about, just to give us at least one new character to keep us excited during the long season of resculpts.

It would even be better if they either chose to make the top two choices (as they did w/ Captain Antilles and General Dodonna) or gave us twice the choices and made two from that list.

I'm hoping they still do that before Summer sets in.

In the meantime, I prefer any of the characters they are offering us (except Han) to any of the characters they've been giving us as reissues.

jjreason
02-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Wow, what a difference a day makes. I'm glad I didn't go vote right away, I never did get a Scanning Crew Trooper! :cool: Not like it's going to win or anything, but at least there's something there for me!

sith_killer_99
02-24-2004, 09:05 PM
The way things are going, I think we will get them all recarded. Hasbro's just playing games with us and is trying to tell us they care. What a joke.

Now why on earth would you say something like that?

Oh, maybe because Hasbro made more than half the figures from the first 2 or 3 Fan Choice polls?!?!? :crazed:

Your right of course, so I guess the real questions are:

Which figure do you want to have the titled "Fan Choice"?
Which 2 figures don't you want to see re-carded? :Pirate:

Val Da Car
02-24-2004, 10:02 PM
R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 17%
Admiral Motti : 18%
Ree-Yees : 12%
Death Star Trooper : 7%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 26%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 20%

I am personally thinking that all six would make a good case with two figs each....

hmmmm

That way everyone is HAPPY

BoShek
02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
I think that people should vote for one of these: Rees, Motti or Scanner. Why? They only had one figure each and all were hard to find. Actually, all three should be released again!

Sidiously Darth
02-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Here's what it's looking like at this time:

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia: 15%
Admiral Motti : 17%
Death Star Trooper : 6%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 25%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 24%

Looks like Mr. Scan Man is well on his way to #1. I don't think Han in his statue pose can do anything about it. :crazed:

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 01:48 PM
As long as Han don't win I don't care. I have Ree Yees and R2. I would like MOtti, but scan man is good because I dont have hm either.

evenflow
02-26-2004, 10:48 PM
This fan choice totally sucks. There is nothing else that can be said.

Kidhuman
02-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 24%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 26%

as of 11:45 pm

Turbowars
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Question: Why isnít there a new sculpt option in the latest Fans' Choice Poll?

Answer: First, we should clarify a slight error in our original posting of this poll. This is not Fans' Choice #6, and there will be no burst on the package when it is released. An error was made in the editing process, and the sixth option was inadvertently removed instead of "#6". That was quickly corrected, and we apologize if anyone who had already voted would have chosen differently.

We are currently hard at work on our Episode III line for 2005. Since it takes approximately 12 months to create a new figure and the DVD was not announced until Toy Fair, we didnít have enough time to run a Fansí Choice poll for the OTC line with all new figure options.

Most of the figures in the basic line will be re-releases of figures for kids and new fans looking for toys after watching the DVDs. We thought it was an appropriate time to consider a re-release of a figure that fans have asked us about and decided to ask the fans for direct input.

We certainly plan on bringing you more Fans' Choice polls in the future.

On another note, Why is the Heman Scanner winning. I can't believe there are collectors that want that thing on a card.:ermm:

Beast
02-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Well, a lot of folks didn't get the scanning crewman. Especially the two that they wanted, thanks to the crazy price of the Millenium Falcon Carry Case. Hell, I could use a second one myself. So I can understand the desire to see it re-released. Heck, if I hadn't already voted for R2, I may have went with him myself. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Beats me Turbo, but as long as its not Han, I cant complain too much.

Turbowars
02-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, a lot of folks didn't get the scanning crewman. Especially the two that they wanted, thanks to the crazy price of the Millenium Falcon Carry Case. Hell, I could use a second one myself. So I can understand the desire to see it re-released. Heck, if I hadn't already voted for R2, I may have went with him myself. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksWell yeah I can understand that, but the AT-ST driver that came in the TRU 4 pack is much nicer to use. It just needs a little customizing. That's another thing, hasbro should have offered the AT-ST driver that I mentioned with one of the many heads they have rolling around in there shop.

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Unless another wrench is thrown into the works of this poll, like every other one, then Mr. Scan Man will most likely win.

Speaking of that At-St figure that came in the Imp. 4-pack, why is he so darn pale? Did they forget to add flesh tone paint? :confused:

Banthaholic
02-27-2004, 12:56 PM
I voted for the Scanning Crew. I could use another one of these, so why not. My second choice would be Han, for the plain & simple reason that we've yet to have Han in Stormtrooper disuise offered as a carded figure.

The rest are all cool figures, but my earlier carded versions are fine enough.

bobafrett
02-27-2004, 02:24 PM
I thought I had the Falcon carrying case with the Scanner crew member, but the one I have, has the Wedge Antilles figure. I wonder if I can go change my vote? I mean I voted early on, before they put the scanner crew member in the mix.

Turbowars
02-27-2004, 02:31 PM
I thought I had the Falcon carrying case with the Scanner crew member, but the one I have, has the Wedge Antilles figure. I wonder if I can go change my vote? I mean I voted early on, before they put the scanner crew member in the mix.The poll should really be started over, but can you guys imagine all the crying that would come if the #'s jumped all of a sudden if hasbro started to let us change our votes.

Kidhuman
02-27-2004, 02:48 PM
I agree Turbo, it should be started over. Adding someone a few dyas after voting started isnt fair. not that I would change my vote.

Reefer Shark
02-27-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm not against re-packed figures, but I am really starting to think that this poll is a total joke.

Turbo's right, they really should have just restarted the poll since they added the scan dude well after many people had already voted.

plo koon 200
02-27-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm lost Hasbro is saying that their is an error. I can't figure if they are saying there are two errors. One being that this is not a Fan's Choice poll the second error being the addition of the Scan dude.

The way it is worded makes it sound as if this is but is not a Fan's Choice poll. Does anyone, even Jar Jar understand what Hasbro is talking about?

At least they are going to make the SA Stormie for the vintage line instead of another Han.

Beast
02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Yes, there were two errors when the poll started. The scanning crew member was supposed to be the 6th choice in the poll. He was accidentally left off, and the poll was dubbed 'Fan Choice 6'. When it never was meant to be part of the 'Fan Choice' polls. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Pardon the reposting of this from the other thread I just posted this in, but here's my theory on how Hasbro messed up this poll twice:

"Hey Randy, doesn't that poll say it's 'fans' choice number six'?"
"Oh son of a #%&! You're right. Hang on, lemme call the webmaster..."
*ring* *ring*
"Uh... hel... hello?"
"Hey, this is Randy..."
(interrupting) "Andy, from Micro Machines?"
"No, damnit, Randy, from Star Wars!"
"No dude, Andy doesn't work in the Star Wars division anymore, he works in Micro Machines now. I'll transfer you, hold on."
"No! Don't! Wai..."
*click*
*ring* *ring*
(muttering) "... razafrackin' muthafatherin'..."
" This is Andy in Micro Machines, I'm not in to take your call, but if you leav..."
*slam*(muttering continues) "...farging icehole bastage..."
*ring ring*
"Yelllllo!"
"This is RANDY, calling from the STAR W...
(interrputing) "Yello?"
...ARS division! Damnit, can you HEAR ME?!?"
"Hello? Is somebody there?"
"%#$& DAMN IT!!! CAN YOU #@%$ING HEAR ME?!? THIS IS RANDY FROM STAR WARS!!!"
"Oh, hey Randy, how's it going? And why are you yelling?"
"Perhaps because you couldn't HEAR ME?!?"
"Ohhh, that! Yeah, I had the phone upside-down. Hey, weird coincidence, I just got a call for Andy, the guy who you replaced."
"... razafrackin' farging muthafatherin..."
"What was that Randy? I didn't catch that."
"Nothing. Anyway, you know that poll you just put up?"
"Pole? No, we don't have any poles around here Randy, except for the flagpole out in front of the building next to Mister Potat..."
"NOT FLAGPOLES, YOU NINNY!!! Web polls, voting, today's Star Wars Fan Choice poll!"
"Ohh, right, yeah. What about it?"
"You called it 'number six', but it's not actually a true fans choice poll, so we need to fix that."
"Fix what, Randy?"
"The fans' choice poll!"
"Oh, no problem, I already put that up."
"... I know that. There's a problem with it."
"Oh?"
"Yeah."
"..."
"..."
"Soooo..."
*growling*
"Hey Randy, do you hear a bear on the line?"
"..."
"So, uh, Rand-man, what's the problem?"
"What did I tell you about calling me that?"
"Oh, gee, sorry about that. So, what'cha got for me Rand-man?"
"The Star Wars poll..."
(interrupting) "Don't worry, I already put it up."
"I... know... that."
"Then what's the problem?"
(to himself) "... calm down, just calm down, got to calm down..."
"What's that?"
"NOTH!... I mean, nothing. Anyway, there's a problem with the latest Star Wars poll."
"No prob, I already pu..."
(interrupting) "I KNOW YOU ALREADY PUT IT UP!!!"
"oh, geez, sorry man."
"Anyway, the poll is called 'number six'."
"Yeah, so?"
"Well, it's not really the actual sixth Fans' Choice poll, we're just letting the fans choose which older rare figure they'd like to see put on the new cards."
"Sounds like a 'Fan's Choice' poll to me."
"SHUT UP!!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!"
"Wow, where's this coming from?"
"SHUT... YOUR DAMN... PIE HOLE!!!"
"Eep!"
"ANYWAY!!! So the poll shouldn't be titled 'number six', got it?"
"..."
"GOT IT?!?"
"You told me to be quiet."
*grumble* "... just take off number six."
"Do you mean I should take off choice number si..."
(interrupting) "AAAAAH!!! SHUT THE &%$# UP AND JUST DO IT!!!"
"Ok dude, number six is gone."
"... thank you!"
"Oh, no problem, Rand-man! Any time, glad to help buddy. :)"
*click*
*sobbing*
*off the hook noise*
*weeping* "Got... to... compose myself."
-hours later, when everybody at Hasbro is just going home-
"Hey Randy, did you talk to the web designer?"
"Uh... yeah. Why?"
"Well, he didn't change the title. Instead, he took down one of the choices."
"WHAT?!? Wha... what d...d...do you mean???"
"Dude, maybe you should sit down and relax for a second, those throbbing veins sticking out of your forehead don't look so good."
"WHAT DID HE DO?!?"
"Well... er... *gulp* ... instead of taking 'number six' off the title, he took off the sixth choice in the poll."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
*ring* *ring*
"Hey there, you've reached the web design division, we're not in to take your call righ..."
*slam*
*POP*

Turbowars
02-27-2004, 11:35 PM
"You really are a funny guy!"

AmanaMatt
02-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Since Hasbro clarified that this is not a Fans' Choice Poll, I voted for the only one that I would pay to see re-carded: Adm. Motti.

I am a bit suprised that the Imperial Scanner is winning, considering the relatively POTF2-ish quality of him. All he is is the AT-ST fig (the first not the new) body with a new head. I do not want Han to win, cause if he did, I do not think Hasbro would make a new and improved Stortrooper Han down the road. While I love this version, he is very pre-posed and not worthy of a single carded version (IMO).

plo koon 200
02-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Pardon the reposting of this from the other thread I just posted this in, but here's my theory on how Hasbro messed up this poll twice:

"Hey Randy, doesn't that poll say it's 'fans' choice number six'?"
"Oh son of a #%&! You're right. Hang on, lemme call the webmaster..."
*ring* *ring*
"Uh... hel... hello?"
"Hey, this is Randy..."
(interrupting) "Andy, from Micro Machines?"
"No, damnit, Randy, from Star Wars!"
"No dude, Andy doesn't work in the Star Wars division anymore, he works in Micro Machines now. I'll transfer you, hold on."
"No! Don't! Wai..."
*click*
*ring* *ring*
(muttering) "... razafrackin' muthafatherin'..."
" This is Andy in Micro Machines, I'm not in to take your call, but if you leav..."
*slam*(muttering continues) "...farging icehole bastage..."
*ring ring*
"Yelllllo!"
"This is RANDY, calling from the STAR W...
(interrputing) "Yello?"
...ARS division! Damnit, can you HEAR ME?!?"
"Hello? Is somebody there?"
"%#$& DAMN IT!!! CAN YOU #@%$ING HEAR ME?!? THIS IS RANDY FROM STAR WARS!!!"
"Oh, hey Randy, how's it going? And why are you yelling?"
"Perhaps because you couldn't HEAR ME?!?"
"Ohhh, that! Yeah, I had the phone upside-down. Hey, weird coincidence, I just got a call for Andy, the guy who you replaced."
"... razafrackin' farging muthafatherin..."
"What was that Randy? I didn't catch that."
"Nothing. Anyway, you know that poll you just put up?"
"Pole? No, we don't have any poles around here Randy, except for the flagpole out in front of the building next to Mister Potat..."
"NOT FLAGPOLES, YOU NINNY!!! Web polls, voting, today's Star Wars Fan Choice poll!"
"Ohh, right, yeah. What about it?"
"You called it 'number six', but it's not actually a true fans choice poll, so we need to fix that."
"Fix what, Randy?"
"The fans' choice poll!"
"Oh, no problem, I already put that up."
"... I know that. There's a problem with it."
"Oh?"
"Yeah."
"..."
"..."
"Soooo..."
*growling*
"Hey Randy, do you hear a bear on the line?"
"..."
"So, uh, Rand-man, what's the problem?"
"What did I tell you about calling me that?"
"Oh, gee, sorry about that. So, what'cha got for me Rand-man?"
"The Star Wars poll..."
(interrupting) "Don't worry, I already put it up."
"I... know... that."
"Then what's the problem?"
(to himself) "... calm down, just calm down, got to calm down..."
"What's that?"
"NOTH!... I mean, nothing. Anyway, there's a problem with the latest Star Wars poll."
"No prob, I already pu..."
(interrupting) "I KNOW YOU ALREADY PUT IT UP!!!"
"oh, geez, sorry man."
"Anyway, the poll is called 'number six'."
"Yeah, so?"
"Well, it's not really the actual sixth Fans' Choice poll, we're just letting the fans choose which older rare figure they'd like to see put on the new cards."
"Sounds like a 'Fan's Choice' poll to me."
"SHUT UP!!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!"
"Wow, where's this coming from?"
"SHUT... YOUR DAMN... PIE HOLE!!!"
"Eep!"
"ANYWAY!!! So the poll shouldn't be titled 'number six', got it?"
"..."
"GOT IT?!?"
"You told me to be quiet."
*grumble* "... just take off number six."
"Do you mean I should take off choice number si..."
(interrupting) "AAAAAH!!! SHUT THE &%$# UP AND JUST DO IT!!!"
"Ok dude, number six is gone."
"... thank you!"
"Oh, no problem, Rand-man! Any time, glad to help buddy. :)"
*click*
*sobbing*
*off the hook noise*
*weeping* "Got... to... compose myself."
-hours later, when everybody at Hasbro is just going home-
"Hey Randy, did you talk to the web designer?"
"Uh... yeah. Why?"
"Well, he didn't change the title. Instead, he took down one of the choices."
"WHAT?!? Wha... what d...d...do you mean???"
"Dude, maybe you should sit down and relax for a second, those throbbing veins sticking out of your forehead don't look so good."
"WHAT DID HE DO?!?"
"Well... er... *gulp* ... instead of taking 'number six' off the title, he took off the sixth choice in the poll."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
*ring* *ring*
"Hey there, you've reached the web design division, we're not in to take your call righ..."
*slam*
*POP*

Wow! This is one of the funniest things that I have ever read. It sounds so realistic and Hasbro like.

Kidhuman
02-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Awesome JT, that was great and I'd bet dollars to donuts thats what................

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts......................

JediTricks
02-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys, I wasted a whole hour on that silliness, and I bet so did Hasbro. :D

Banthaholic
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen an update in a few days, so thought I'd share
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack): 24%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case): 27%

Looks like the Scanning Crew trooper in doing quite well. He's a bit buff and all, although I would like another in my collection. Being a carded collector, wither him or Han will work out well for me.

jjreason
03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
I just voted for the scanning crew trooper. He's one of the only figures I don't have from POTF2, and I want 4 of them. I've been holding off due to price, always hoping they'd come down. They've been hanging around 11-12 dollars loose the whole time. This will (with any luck) give me a chance to get at least 2 for the price of 1. Better come with the trunk though, or else there'll be hell to pay (right Uncle Owen? :D ).

Val Da Car
03-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Star Wars Fansí Choice Figure Poll
The polls are closed and Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case) is the winner.

We thank you for your participation in the voting and continued support for our toys.

Final Results

R2-D2 with holographic Princess Leia : 14.27%
Admiral Motti : 16.77%
Ree-Yees : 11.54%
Death Star Trooper : 5.84%
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (from 2001 Trash Compactor Scene Pack) : 23.36%
Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper (from Millennium Falcon Carrying Case) : 28.21%

source: http://starwars.hasbro.com

Beast
03-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, out of all the choices.......it's really the only one that's worthy of being reissued. Sure they're bulky. But a lot of folks don't have him. And a lot of folks that wanted more then one, didn't get them due to the price of the carry case. So atleast the poll worked in this case. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 12:53 PM
As long as that Han didnt win, I am happy

bobafrett
03-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Hooray! Well this being said despite the fact that the scanning crew figure wasn't even one of the choices when I placed my vote. Now what will it be, another year or so before this figure see's the light of day? (On a side note "Light of Day" was a movie with Joan Jett and Micheal J. Fox, and part of it was filmed at a mall near my house)

Oh, and I voted for Han, just because he's in Stormtrooper armor! That and I already have 2 of the R2's with holo Leia.

plo koon 200
03-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I voted Motti and still wished he won. I could use another choking guy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2004, 06:48 PM
I would have liked for Motti to have won, but this guy's good too. I never got one, I only have the Wedge carrying case. I may get two, but I know after I get them, they will announce a brand new, super artculated version of the guy. :p

Did he come with anything besides a blaster?

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Hopefully the scanning machine in a deluxe package. That would be nice