PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's "Rob The Fans Collection" Poll!

angellus
02-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Good news gang! Because Hasbro loves and appreciates Star Wars fans so much, they've given us all the opportunity to vote on the next Fan Choice figure! Cast your vote now for the following figure, which will appear in new "Star Wars: The Rob the Fans Collection" packaging!

Kellogg's Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise
(Comes with a reproduction of the original mail-in coupon we redeemed to receive the figure the first time.)

R5-D4 w/ Concealed Photon Rocket
(Why sculpt a new figure when Hasbro can make just as much money selling us the awful original version in a pretty new package?)

Wedge Antilles from Millennium Falcon Case w/ Helmet Error
(Hasbro sets a new record by killing secondary market AND a variation at the same time!)

B'Omarr Monk
(Yes, we already own the mail order version, as well as the one that came with the Jabba's Court Denizens set. But you can never have enough of a background character that appeared on camera for an eighth of a second.)

Jorg Sacul
(This one gets my vote---can you say "Voodoo Doll"?)

FX-7
(Because the 7,000 hanging on the pegs at my TRU just aren't enough)

Luke Skywalker--Theater Edition
(So much for saying "Well, the dance scene sucked, but at least I got a rare figure out of going to see the Special Edition of Return of the Jedi!")

Mouse Droid 8-pack
(There simply aren't enough Mouse Droids packed-in with every figure and gift set that hits the market.)

JediTricks
02-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Heh heh... good one. But you forgot:

Malakili, Rancor Keeper
(This tubby fool warmed pegs for so long that it ripped a hole in the fabric of space and time, but maybe some suckers will fall for it again)

Dengar, POTF2 version
(Because the new Saga Dengar might not be enough to fill all the Dengar needs in newer collector's hearts)

Deluxe Crowd Control Stormtrooper
(So what if he's EU, short, dirty, and not that entertaining? Since everybody will be snatching up the re-released CTC Stormies, gotta have these on shelves for the rest of the collectors who can't find the CTC version and might be just desparate enough for a Stormtrooper figure... any Stormtrooper figure)

btw, fixed "eighth" in your post, it was missing the 2nd "h".

plo koon 200
02-24-2004, 09:30 PM
I would actually buy the mouse droid 8 pack and I know someone else who would... Come out, come out, come out whever you are Tycho.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-24-2004, 09:35 PM
I've got enough Zuttons in my TRU for them to repack and evenly disperse across the country.

plo koon 200
02-24-2004, 09:40 PM
How about around the whole world?

plasticfetish
02-25-2004, 04:47 AM
They've just added a new voting choice, "Ziploc sandwich bag full of loose monkey Leia heads." It's a strange one, but I'm voting for it because I can always use another Ziploc bag for something.

angellus
02-25-2004, 10:08 AM
They can do a "Figures You Paid Alot Of Money For Because They Only Came With A Very Expensive Vehicle" Collection. Come on Hasbro! Let's see that Generic Y-Wing Fighter Pilot on the pegs!!! I only took out a loan to afford the one I already own!

Sentinel18725
02-25-2004, 10:32 AM
How about an "almost Classic Trilogy Collection"......but wait, theres more....

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 10:38 AM
You forgot Tatooine Luke. It has only been redone 3 million times since 2001. This HOF character has been difficult to spot on shelves being so rare. He can come with his blast helmet, T-16 model, lightsaber, bionoculars and all in one pack. Tatooine Luke: Ultimate is coming toa store near you.

Silent Chazz
02-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Howabout a Figure 2-pack for $10 that consists of a Commtech Han Solo (for the umpteenth time to be rereleased), Commtech Greedo, and Han's booth at the Cantina. Silly Hasblow can simulate Greedo shooting first in the package!!

(Don't worry, Im only joking. I'm a "Han Shoots First" fan)

Lazer Brain
02-25-2004, 10:57 AM
so, why didn't kitik keed'kak make it on the poll? or was that all just a dream?....
later

Darth Alex
02-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I'd like a repack of the first 8 figures from the 1995 POTF re-launch. Then I'd like to flush it down a toliet and cause havoc in the sewers of Williamsport.:D
Seriously, I feel like a heel defending SW to other toy collectors when they go and pull stuff like what they're doing this year.:bored:
Personally, I'd like to see a repack of the unpainted Battle Droid from the EP 1 playset line (non-breakapart, of course) or the Destroya(tm) Mina Droida baby teether Droida from the EP 1 R2-playset-carrying case-pillow filler. (And I'm just kidding-I don't even own the junk!) Anyway, if we're gonna let junk fly, let's just fling the barrel bottom, shall we?
By the way, how much ya wanna bet Contorted(tm) Trash Han wins? First we get the rumors of Han/Luke Stormtrooper resculpts, then the rug of hope get pulled and burned before our eyes. I can only hope this year has more...pleasant suprises we haven't seen yet. I mean, we still have the 3rd and 4th quarters to fill up-maybe we'll get some non-reissued offerings??? Otherwise, I'll feel like I'm halu-cin-nate-in:eek: and it's, oh, any given year in the clearance aisle with all the repacks.

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 11:04 AM
The third and fourth quarters this year look to be all OTC in some form or another.

Darth Alex
02-25-2004, 11:07 AM
The third and fourth quarters this year look to be all OTC in some form or another.
And, ya know, I'm cool with that-I would like more PT figures, but I love the new stuff coming our way from the OT. The OTC has some pretty cool points to it. I just dread that the late fall will be nothing but reissues-who knows at this point...

arctangent
02-25-2004, 11:10 AM

the entire lineup for the 3rd and 4th quarters will probably consist of re-packaged re-releases of all the figures from the 1st and 2nd quarters :cry: .

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 11:10 AM
If Hasbro really wanted to make money for X_mas this yearthey would release all the SA line through out the Holiday season. As many of us would buy em. Think about how many people will be buying the DVD's. And the vintage collector's who dont collect anymore would love them. Hasbro, do us a favor and ship the SA through out the year. Not this limited run bunk.

And back to topic, another funny thread for Angelus.

angellus
02-25-2004, 11:26 AM
so, why didn't kitik keed'kak make it on the poll? or was that all just a dream?....
later

You're right, he should've been on the poll. That's a no-brainer! The damn thing's already made! Hasbro drives me nuts. They could've also released the Dr. Evazan for good measure. Instead we'll probably get a Han Stormtrooper posed as if he's knee-deep in trash...WITH NO TRASH FOR HIM TO STAND IN! Dumb, dumb, dumb....

angellus
02-25-2004, 11:28 AM
And back to topic, another funny thread for Angelus.

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

plo koon 200
02-25-2004, 09:50 PM
You forgot Tatooine Luke. It has only been redone 3 million times since 2001. This HOF character has been difficult to spot on shelves being so rare. He can come with his blast helmet, T-16 model, lightsaber, bionoculars and all in one pack. Tatooine Luke: Ultimate is coming toa store near you.Umm... We are this year. The Commtech reissue and the new SA version.

I say the joke is on us.

evenflow
02-26-2004, 11:45 PM
What kind of fan choice is this?

Kidhuman
02-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Itis the mock fans choice, displaying our disgruntled anger towards it.

evenflow
02-26-2004, 11:57 PM
No, i got that part, i meant the real one. Sorry for the confusion.

Turambar
02-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Hasbro should have put Ephant Mon in the poll so he could win the fan's choice for an unprecedented second time.

mabudonicus
02-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Ohhhhh, next "fan choice figure" should reflect the genius of GL himself and be a "prequel" themed figure... it should be a really bad prototype of monkey-face leia which somehow makes the POTFII one look not-as-bad.....

If they made this fans choice it would be a SA 21B (I was gonna second JT's "dengar" idea, but I think the "unleashed" version is a whole lotta dengar, even for a big fan like me) with a couple of unlabelled packages of ketchup to represent "bacta".

Or maybe "fans choice-inspirations" could be the deal, first would be a bulb of garlic representing ben quadrinaros (fans want that, right?) and a "deluxe fig" which would be a pastrami sandwich with an olive.... that line would be almost pure profit, with the natural factors of decay and decomposition effectively limiting the aftermarket.... this would be a great segue into producing figures made of chocolate, which is what fans really want, whether they know it or not :D

angellus
03-01-2004, 05:04 PM
FAN CHOICE #6:
George Lucas, with Real Selling Out Action!
Comes with dart board attachments and base that will connect with the Rick McCallum with Brown-Nosing Action figure.