PDA

View Full Version : What older figures should be rereleased on OTC cards? (merged)

JediTricks
02-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Clearly, Hasbro's gone on a recarding bender, taking older, out-of-production figures and re-releasing them in this new OTC line to make them accessable to newer collectors who missed out originally. Without negating the possibility of these characters being redone later, what figures from the past 9 years do you think Hasbro should re-release?

Here's my list, in no particular order:

Bespin Han Solo (POTJ)
Bespin Guard (POTJ)
2-1B (with control panel from Dlx Luke Bacta)
Gamorrean Guard (with normal right hand instead of fist)
Bib Fortuna
Zuckuss
Lak Sivrak, aka Wolfman
Ree-Yees
Jawa with Gonk Droid (CTC)
Lando Bespin (POTJ)
Probe Droid
Hooded Leia (CTC, better face paint)
Removable Limbs C-3PO (POTF2, less dirty)
Chewie Bespin (Saga, add bowcaster)
Obi-Wan (Flashback)
Leia Bespin (POTJ)
R2 w/ Holo Leia (CTC)
Luke ROTJ (Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene)
Droopy McCool
Max Rebo
Sy Snootles (with eyes and lips painted less ridiculous)

plo koon 200
02-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Dagobah Vader
FX-7
Sandtrooper (POTJ)
Ephant Mon
Sio Bibble

I think most of the other figures could use a resculpt. Afterall I think it is lame to have an outdated sculpt next to a sculpt that looks two years ahead of time.

Silent Chazz
02-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, unless an Endor Luke is planned for Saga, I'd like to see Endor Luke from the MMC collection (that is, no fat lightsaber, the skinny one, and non-articulated knees in the legs and with pegholes).

B'Omarr Monkey
02-24-2004, 09:17 PM
I have to discount some of your choices, JediTricks, simply because you list some with sculpting changes (ie; the Gamorean Guard w/open hand) which is different from simply releasing existing figures.

Most of my choices are not characters I necessarily want to see again, but characters I think collectors who jumped in somewhat recently would benefit from seeing again, or characters that were not widely distributed, or not distributed in the U.S.. There are characters like Weequay that if rereleased should be resculpts, or alternate costumes for these generic alien characters. These I didn't list either. For the most part EP1 characters are so common, and so many had wound up in the $2 bin at TRU, that they are plentiful and cheap for anyone who wants one. These I kept off my list as well.

1. Jawa 2-pack
2. Cantina band member
3. Gamorrean Guard
4. Ishi Tib
5. Naboo Guard (the one w/the removable silver helmet, not the one who looks like he should be driving a cab. I always forget which is which)
6. Death Star Droid
7. Oola
8. Nien Nunb
9. Biker Scout
10. Ephant Mon
11. Eopie w/Qui-Gon Jinn
12. European Pit Droids 3-pack
13. Graxol Kelvyyn
14. Shaka
15. Gungan Warrior

I removed Tarkin, Ackbar, and Bib Fortuna from my list, as they'd all probably do better with a resculpt than a straight reissue.

rust
02-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Barquin Dan
Doda Bonadewu (SP?)
Joh Yowza (Retooled so he looks like the Special Edition One)
Pote Snitkin
Prune Face
Wuher

All I can think of. I'll edit if more come to mind (You all mentioned good ones)

jjreason
02-27-2004, 01:51 AM
4LOM and Zuckuss, because their sculpts are still good enough to fit in with the figures being released right now, and because 3 of the other Bounty Hunters are coming out (in Boba - Carkoon's case coming out AGAIN) within the next few months. IG88 was very nice in POTJ, so maybe he could be included in this as well.

Make the Bespin guard identical, with a variant version (African-Bespinian :) ) for us former vintage collectors.

Ishi Tibb and Ree Yees for sure, very nice figures and not that widely available.

If we open it up to PT as well, I'd love to see the last wave of epI figure put back out (Amidala Ascension Gun, R2B1, TC14, Sio Bibble, Swimming Jar Jar, Holo Sidious, etc) as lots of us seem to be missing them.

Commtech Stormie again, Saga Snowtrooper again, Imperial Scout Trooper, Imperial Officer and Rebel Tantive IV defender again. How can they go wrong with army builders?

Kidhuman
02-27-2004, 12:27 PM
I say at the rate ReHasbro is going, we will have em all by the end of '05. :D :beard:

kool-aid killer
02-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Though ive got most of them already, i would like to see the following figures come out once again for those collectors who missed out on their brief appearance:

Sio Bibble
TC-14
R2-B1
Ephant Mon
SA Clonetrooper
Zuckuss

I would like to see army builder 4 packs too. Those types of figures always sell well.

Kidhuman
02-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Ok, a list this time

TC-14
R2-B1
Motti
Ephant Mon
Gam. Guard
Zuckuss
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout(clean version)
SA Clonetrooper(I know its not old, but rerelease him anyways)
Sny Snootles

Silent Chazz
02-27-2004, 09:31 PM
I agree, we MUST see SA Clonetrooper recarded. If not the SA, then at least I'd like to see MORE rehashes of the Clone from 2002 (the Red one) in all the colors. I know we got Yellow, Blue, and White rehashes, with CW Bonus Packs, but I'd like to see these again AND a Green clone made from the mold.

JediTricks
02-27-2004, 11:37 PM
plo koon 200, the reason I kept FX-7 off my list is simply because a lot of TRUs still have him on pegs. Good figure, but still findable. If they rereleased the POTJ Sandtrooper, I'd hope they'd include the POTF2 version's rifle as well. Sio Bibble isn't really "OTC" material, but a lot of folks missed it, so I see what you mean.

Chazz, with Endor Luke, I hope there is another one planned, but until that's confirmed, Luke and MMC Leia both make some sense.

B'Omarr, Hasbro has made small changes to repacks in the past, and they're doing similar stuff with the Imp Dignitary and Elom, so I'm greedily asking that if they must get repacks out there, that they could at least fix a few issues as well. :D Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have modern new sculpts, but that wouldn't be available for the kids and new fans in time for the DVD release.

I'd definitely add Weequay to my list, sans tan blaster though. I thought about that Jawa 2pack, it's probably the one I would have preferred to list, but the Gonk set gets a Jawa and a droid out there, which is why I chose it over the 2pack.

BTW, that is "Naboo Royal Guard" you're talking about, the dorky orange guy is "Naboo Royal Security".

Rust, Joh Yowzah looks like the SE version to me, so I don't know what you mean. I was on the fence about Pote Snitkin, it's a great alien figure, but it's so hard to see in the films (even with DVD probably) that I didn't include him. I wanted only aliens and droids that, even in the background, are recognizable to new collectors and kids.

jjreason, I think 4-LOM's sculpt could be better, and he doesn't stand all that well. Plus, his accessories could use a little work IMO, and he was a king pegwarmer in his heyday. This is why I didn't include him on my list. POTJ IG-88 is another good choice that I would add to my list though, but he needs both his guns this time around.

If they redo POTJ Bespin Guard with a Black variant, they should do a new headsculpt for the alien guard as well. :D (Greedy!)

R2-B1 and TC-14 could reasonably get re-released in the OTC, they're generic droids. R2-B1 would need a different accessory though, maybe be able to swap out his body with the retractable arm R2-D2 body from POTF2.

sith_killer_99
02-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Hmm, off the top of my head:

POTF2 (OC, GC, FF, SOTE, EU, CT)

Admiral Motti
Anakin Skywalker
Captain Piett
Death Star Droid
Death Star Gunner
Death Star Trooper
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ishi Tib
Pote Snitkin
Ree-Yees
Snowtrooper
Space Trooper
Stormtrooper (CT)
Zuckuss
Max Rebo Band Figures

EP1

Darth Sidious Holograph
Naboo Royal Guard
Queen Amidala (Battle)
R2-B1
Sio Bibble
TC-14
Opee and Qui-Gon
2 Pit Droid 3 packs (with one of each of the Foreign 2 pack Pit Droids)

POTJ

Coruscant Guard
Darth Vader Dagobah (all these should come with a secret Luke sticker)
Gungan Warrior
IG-88
Imperial Officer (all 3 versions, solid cases with 4 of each)
Mon Calamari Officer
Rebel Trooper Tantive IV Defender (all 3 versions, solid cases with 4 of each)
Sandtrooper (Clean, 4 color versions, solid cases with 3 of each)
Scout Trooper (Clean)
300th Fett (Carded)

SAGA
Geo Warrior
Royal Guard
Ephant Mon

Clone Wars
Super Articulated Clone Trooper

The suff in bold are my top picks.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-28-2004, 09:48 PM
I agree with you, JediTricks, about Pote Snitkin. I love the figure, but also left him off my list for the same reason. (I think he can only be seen from the back piloting on of the sand skiffs as it passes Jabba's barge). For this reason I also left Sio Bibble off my list. I know a lot of people missed him, but he's not the kind of character that is going to be in high enough demand among newer collectors to merit a rerelease. I think if he'd been more common head be about as much in demand as Chancellor Valorum.

I agree that TC-13 and R2-B1 could be released as they are droids, which are always popular, but think that Hasbro would be more likely to release some other protocol droid variation, or R2 repaint character first, and don't necessarily think that this would be bad, though R2-B1 certainly has a great color scheme. If they rerelease him, they should also rerelease R2-R9 (the droid that came with Queen Amidala's starship) on a card.

FX-7 will never get rereleased for the reason you stated. i was surprised he came out at all. I remember seeing a poll in, I think, ToyFare about SW figures fans wanted and FX-7 received about 3 votes.

I think that some sort of stormtrooper or clone trooper should always be available. My Wal-Mart never got any of the value packs, so I missed all the color variations. Seeing those individually carded would be welcome, even if they aren't SA, like SilentChazz pointed out.

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Why Sio? He really is a crappy figure. If that wave was around a bit more he would have warmed the pegs for years. I'd go with

FX-7
2-1B
POTJ Sandtrooper
Gam Guard
Zuckuss
Scout
Death Star Gunner
Hammer Head
R2-R9 (red astro from Queens ship)
Imperial Officers
AT-AT driver
8D8
Ugnaughts
IG-88
Jet Porkins
Duros
K-3PO
Battle droids

B'Omarr Monkey
02-29-2004, 10:17 AM
I can't see them doing Porkins over a new pilot. Duros was a peg warmer in my area for a long time, so unless they do the other one in the robes, I don't think that will necessarily happen. Momaw Nadon was just rereleased in the Cantina Bar wave and didn't move at all, which is why we aren't getting wave 2.

Anyway, like the droids, it seems more likely that we'll get new cantina patrons (I hope, since the last 2 we got were Djas Puhr, the Duros and Ketwol and look how far apart they're spaced on the release schedule) before we get recards. Greedo and Ponda Baba are really the only "important" cantina patrons for new collectors/kids, but they were also part of the stagnat Cantina Bar wave, and have been released in a number of versions already and are pretty readily available for reasonable prices.

If I were to chose cantina patrons to recard they would be the Cantina band member, Muftak, and Kabe.

sith_killer_99
02-29-2004, 10:34 AM
R2-R9 (red astro from Queens ship)

Good call! And, probably the only "pack-in" figure worth carding (except the Scanning Crew guy). LOL

2-1B
Gam Guard
Hammer Head
AT-AT driver
8D8
Ugnaughts
Duros

Were all peg warmers?!?! One of my local Wal-Marts still has the Hammer Head Cantina set available for $7.00!!! And I know of a TRU in Ohio that still had Duros on the pegs 2 months ago. hehehe

But seriously, all I'm trying to say is, if you let these peg warmers on the list why not Sio, who saw much small distribution and is wanted by a lot more collectors. :p

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 12:30 PM
My list is based on the figures that were good and don't really need a resculpt. Sio wasn't a good figure. IMO

Kidhuman
02-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Granted he is basically a staute, but the fact that he was scarce and hasnt even had a Saga figure from EPII, he does need to be re-released. I just got one so I dont need him tobe released again, but somany people missed at least an oppurtunity to make the decisions we are making on him Turbo.

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 06:33 PM
I understand that, but do you think Hasbro will re-release him? When does Hasbro make cool decision like that? I don't think Hasbro likes putting out old men action figures anyways. I know we are getting one soon or 1/2 the US has gotten him already, but that was a poll figure. If you try to think like Hasbro, you wont be disappointed like I am half the time. If we are only talking about rarity, then sure Sio's whole wave should be released, but I bet that if they did in mass quantities Sio will be warming the pegs. Even the Hype of R2-B1 is crazy. B1 is a 2 legged wonder, but looks great in the package. Should be be re-released? Probably, but will Hasbro do it? Hasbro seems to be staying away from EP1 as far as possible and I can't say I blame them.:ermm:

Kidhuman
02-29-2004, 08:18 PM
If you try to think like Hasbro, you wont be disappointed like I am half the time.

So, if it makes sense dont do it, huh? :D :beard: :beard: :speech:

JediTricks
02-29-2004, 09:32 PM
I am of the opinion that Dagobah Vader should always have been shipped with the face plate in the tray instead of on the helmet.

B'Omarr, I actually found like 3 frames where you can see Pote's face in the far distance on the left side of the screen when he's piloting a stationary skiff (he's actually on set, not added in later). How sad is that that I looked into this? ;) And I totally agree with you about SA Stormtroopers always being available so long as the line is shipped to stores, it just makes sense (of course if they added the regular blaster and wrist articulation, I wouldn't mind either :D), even if it's 1 per case or 1 every other case (depending on how hot the case is).

Oh, and I forgot to add CTC Greedo to my list specifically because he's at the very back of my collection and I simply forgot he existed, he should be re-released for sure (with a slightly better paint job).

Bith cantina band member, why didn't I list that?!? That's one that HAS to be rereleased for new collectors, they're just so integral as OT background characters.

Turbo, I thought a lot about putting Momaw Nadon on my list, and only left it off because I really hope they do a perfected new version soon. But really, I should have put it on my list as well, good call. Duros is another one I really liked, but left it off because it was fairly recent.

8D8 was a bit of a pegwarmer, and EV-9D9 was pretty weak, so that's why I didn't add him even though light-piped eyes often make me happy when they're NOT on astromechs' main radar eyes.

Silent Chazz
02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
We got commtech Greedo recarded in 2002 with the Cantina Deluxe Set.

arctangent
03-01-2004, 07:04 AM
much as i dislike all this reissuing of old figures i would like to see ishi tib, captain/admiral piett and tc14. ishi and piett were never officially released in the uk and i saw tc14 once, didn't have the money to buy him and never ever saw him again.

joe-da
03-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Ephant Mon (I could use a few more), the non-US exclusive Pit Droids and their "box" things, Kitik Keed'kak! ("released" during the auction, now release it for real) & SA Clonetrooper re-release & repaints!!!

JediTricks
03-01-2004, 04:48 PM
We got commtech Greedo recarded in 2002 with the Cantina Deluxe Set.
That's true, but it was a store exclusive and some areas didn't get it at all while others were bogged down by them. I'm thinking of this list as "really good older OT figures that any new collector can go to any major store and want to pick up", so I've only been choosing figures that, main character or background, are iconic or at least uniquely recognizable AND are good figures as well, and ones that haven't been in major release for the last year or so. It seems like a lot of the figures mentioned here are about filling the gaps in older collections rather than starting new collections.

BTW, that avatar cracks me up, too bad we can't have the song to go with it. ;) (Though it'd probably get old after like 2 seconds :D)

sith_killer_99
03-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Oh oh oh oh, we're still bogged down with Cantina Greedos if anyone needs 'em, our Wal-Mart has 'em on clearance for just $7.00 each. :rolleyes: At that price they will rot on the shelves. :mad:

OC47150
03-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Sio Bibble
TC-14
R2-B1
Ascension gun Padme
Swimming Jar-Jar (I know, I know but I don't have him!)
Rhee-Yees
Motti
SA clone trooper

That would make me happy. :D

B'Omarr Monkey
03-05-2004, 11:20 PM
I actually liked the Momaw Nadon figure, despite that his head is not as acurately sculpted as it could be, and the fact that he's not wearing pants. But, because he was in the peg warmer cantina bar wave, I didn't include him. He also seens pretty vailable on the secondary market for a low price.

He was always my favorite cantina patron. I wince whenever I see an Ithorian in the PT, because it always looks like the mask is going to fall off the actor wearing it, particularly when Anakin wins the race and everyone leaps up from their seats. I expected to see that Ithorain's head fall into that extra's lap.

mahondo
03-06-2004, 11:19 AM
OK here's my list:
UNCLE OWEN-Needs a card and a bit of a resculpt
DEATH STAR DROID-I wonder how accurate the colour is, my figure has a marroon-brown hue.
R5-D4-Obvious reasons,integral minor character when you think about it.
R4-M9-he's too green
OBI-WAN KENOBI-We don't have a decent OBI in brown robes Cantina styles.
LEIA ORGANA W/HOOD-I don't think i've even seen her.
BIGGS DARKLIGHTER-W/removeable helmet and gold visor.
DR. EVAZAN-Another obvious choice
FIGRIN D'AN-Or any other Bith band member
DEATH STAR TROOPER-Articulated,holster,new sculpt
GENERAL VEERS-Removeable helmet and armour,w/skull cap
X-WING LUKE(HOTH)-W/removeable helmet & gold visor,articulation
CHEWBACCA(HOTH)-more snow,articulation
DARTH VADER(DAGOBAH)-just because I never found him
4-LOM-Colour and stance not quite right,neither is rifle
DENGAR-even though they have just re-released him,he still doesn't have a holster for his blaster.this annoys me so much,the fact they went to the trouble of re-doing him.grrrr..
ZUCKUSS-Needs to be slightly more accurate,breathing apparatus should go right around his back.
UGNAUGHTS-Different sculpts
BESPIN GUARD-Different sculpts
HAN SOLO(BESPIN)-Maybe with torture rack
BIB FORTUNA-Resculpt,hidden holsters ala Tessek
GAMMOREAN GUARD-Different sculpt,colour and weapon
SARLACC-Hasn't really been done yet unless you count that planet thing which was wack
REE-YEES-Every one seems to have missed him
SKIFF GUARDS-all would look cool on cards
ISHI-TIB(REBEL)-Maybe do one of the other ones
HAN SOLO(ENDOR)-w/removeable trench coat
ENDOR SOLDIER(POTF)-Different face sculpt
LEIA & LUKE(ENDOR)-removeable helmets,ponchos plus holsters
ROYAL GUARDS-need to be brighter,a bit bigger
PAPLOO-Maybe packed in with another(doubt it),deserves his own card
ARVEL CRYNYD-The REAL Arvel this time and Lt.Hu should be grey
TEN NUNB-Or whatever his real name is,w/red B-Wing flight suit
LUKE(FINAL DUEL)-just get it right
EMPEROR PALPATINE-again he's still not quite right,make him poseable with his throne
Well I've basically gone through all my figures I'm not 100% happy with a suggested improvements. I'd still prefer Hasbro to release new unreleased figures as my collection is pretty uptodate, but I know alot of people miss out on stuff or they may be new to the scene. The sculpting,articulation and detail have improved so much since '95,they should really nail any figure they re-do.

JediTricks
03-07-2004, 06:43 PM
R5-D4-Obvious reasons,integral minor character when you think about it.Ouch! I know what you mean, but that figure is such a horror.

DENGAR-even though they have just re-released him,he still doesn't have a holster for his blaster.this annoys me so much,the fact they went to the trouble of re-doing him.grrrr..I didn't know he HAD a holster!

SKIFF GUARDS-all would look cool on cards Aren't they releasing a TRU 4pack of those figures real soon?

There is a surprising amount of variety in everybody's lists, but it's nice to see some consistancy too.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-08-2004, 10:57 PM
B'Omarr, I actually found like 3 frames where you can see Pote's face in the far distance on the left side of the screen when he's piloting a stationary skiff (he's actually on set, not added in later). How sad is that that I looked into this? ;)

I'm actually going to have to look again, because I just found a little map I made of Jabba's throne room from when I had at one point set up the cardboard diarama with whatever characters were available at the time. My map is where everyone is positioned during Oola and Yarna's dance. According to this map, Pote Snitkin can be seen in the throne room, directly across from Jabba's dais. I of course now can't locate this map, but I think this would essentially be the alcove to the right of the steps where the band is positioned. I'm going to check this scene tomorrow.

So, I guess I'm the sadder one, since I'm not only going to double check this, but also because I made a map of where everyone was standing. And people call us SW collectors "geeks."

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Although I'm not personally a fan of the Jabba's Palace aliens, I can totally understand that, I've seen maps like that of the Cantina as well - it makes sense for those into it, and it's useful for people who want to learn where their favorite background alien character is but don't want to make a map of their own... they can just go to someone like you who has.

Let us know if you see him in there.

JON9000
03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
8D8 was a bit of a pegwarmer, and EV-9D9 was pretty weak, so that's why I didn't add him even though light-piped eyes often make me happy when they're NOT on astromechs' main radar eyes.

Both of these would work if we got a nice deluxe figure akin to Bacta Luke. I'm thinking of a torture rack with a disintegrating 21-B that you could sit the pieces that come with EV-9d9 and 8D8 into. That would be slick and I would definitely get it! :classic:

JediTricks
03-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Only if it also came with a Gonk droid w/out the geared legs. :D We're greedy! :greedy:

B'Omarr Monkey
03-21-2004, 09:37 PM
I checked ROTJ today and at the end of the first song in Jabba's palace, when Yarna raises her arms, I believe Pote Snitkin is almost directly behind her to the right. The lighting and distance make it hard for me to make an 100% accurate identification that this is him, but the costume matches. He seems less bulky than he appears on the skiffs which is the only thing that causes me doubt. When the DVDs hit, I'll be able to zoom in for a better look, but for now, anyone who want to give this a second opinion knows where to look.

kool-aid killer
03-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Hows about Uncle Ben from the Purchase of the Droids cinema scene packaged as a single? A great way for some of us who dont have him to get one, though the ebay prices on the set dont look to be too expensive.

sith_killer_99
03-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Hmm, that figure is OK, but I would kinda prefer a new sculpt.

OC47150
03-22-2004, 11:18 AM
A Ben and Beru two-pack would be nice.

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 11:58 AM
A Ben and Beru two-pack would be nice.

Ben and Beru?????????? :eek: You mean Owen and Beru right?

And they should be charred. Maybe a deluxe set showing before and after.

OC47150
03-22-2004, 12:13 PM
I meant Owen.

Regular and extra crispy Owen and Beru deluxe set would be twisted.

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Since Hasbro is in the business of recarding several figures who have been available for years now, are their any figures that you would like to see recarded? Either because they were difficult to find originally or you just want to see them on the pretty new packaging?

Here're the figures I actually want rereleased on the new cards:
Ephant Mon
Amanaman (get rid of Salacious and "poof" he's no longer deluxe)
Zuckuss
Ishi Tib
Ree-Yees
FX-7
4-LOM (unless they plan a resculpt, which is needed)
Muftak
Oola

El Chuxter
07-26-2004, 02:15 PM
The reps from Hasbro said that Ephant Mon wouldn't be re-released as a standard carded figure as they lost money in the production of that figure, but it'd be nice to see him as a deluxe figure.

They're not OT, but since we're getting the Naboo set and the Jedi Council sets, how about:
Padme (Ascension Gun)
R1-B2 (or whatever)
TC-14
Sio Bibble
Pit Droids 2-pack
Qui-Gon Jinn w/ Eopie

ROTJLuke
07-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Ya know, Im not all into the rereleases, Id rather new sculpts, but due to money and blah blah, you know hasbro wont. Im a hardcore OTC movie fan, I like the newer movies, but not the older. And as far as I see it, Im only intrested in the characters that are core or involved a little deeper in the story line than say Wuther, even though that was a sweet figure. I dunno, call me crazy hasbro, but make some new sculpts of figures for cryin out loud. Make your main supporters happy.

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 02:41 PM
The reps from Hasbro said that Ephant Mon wouldn't be re-released as a standard carded figure as they lost money in the production of that figure, but it'd be nice to see him as a deluxe figure.

I did not know that. No wonder he was so hard to find (unlike the pegwarming Duro, Amanaman and CPT Antilles) compared to the other Fan Choice figures.

ROTJLuke, did you happen to see the news of the new ROTJ Luke coming from Medicom Toys in Japan? Rebelscum has an article about it on their home page, maybe SSG does too. In any case here're some pictures of this super cool looking figure (which is 300mm, around 12", tall)

El Chuxter
07-26-2004, 02:48 PM
I did not know that. No wonder he was so hard to find (unlike the pegwarming Duro, Amanaman and CPT Antilles) compared to the other Fan Choice figures.

This came up at the discussion on Friday in San Diego, and I thought it may have been mentioned here somewhere. (I'm just getting back online three days later and trying not to duplicate too much news. :p)

It sounded almost like the designer who created the Ephant Mon figure got in a little trouble due to the large size. They said it wouldn't be re-released as a basic figure, and when asked about re-releasing him as a deluxe figure, they gave the stock "There are no plans at this time, but we'll consider it." Lately, they seem to be listening to fans quite a bit (read: Dannik Jerriko!!), so I imagine the word will get around Hasbro that a lot of people are ticked about not finding him the first time around.

bigbarada
07-26-2004, 03:03 PM
So I guess that means that the odds of seeing Hermi Odle on a standard card are pretty remote. How much money could Hasbro have possibly lost on that figure though? I'm sure they'll more than make up for it by charging $10 apiece for those itty-bitty Yodas and Artoos on the VOTC cards. :)

In any case, all of this has pretty much convinced me that I need to track down a couple of carded Ephant Mons to keep for "archival" purposes. :greedy:

El Chuxter
07-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I think this is a case not of "loss" (though they use that term), but of "less than usual profit." Unfortunately, most companies (Hasbro presumably included) look at the profitability of each item individually rather than the profitability of an entire line averaged out. I'm sure they make a lot more on Yodas and Ewoks, but aren't too hip when it comes to giving us a Hermi or Ephant to offset the increased profitability of the others.

Of course, I think the VOTC line must be incredibly profitable at $10 each (especially the Yoda and R2-D2, like you said) to offset any possible shortcomings from two consecutive waves of all Ephant Mon sized figures.

Droid
07-26-2004, 03:19 PM
I am generally against recards as I'd rather they put out all new figures and people just picked up what they missed on Ebay.

However, I would not mind more Ishi Tibs (to customize for Jabba's Palace). Oola would be good if they repainted her green instead of yellow-green.

I would be all for a Deluxe Hermi Odle. I don't think he can be a recard as I don't think you can convince Hasbro to make less money on any given figure.

The guy who designed Ephant Mon should not get in trouble. He should be named the patron saint of Hasbro.

mericen
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
As far as I am concerned they should at least put on OTC cards all the figures that did not come regularly carded, this way people who do not buy the ships, cinemas scenes, exclusives etc can also get the figures. Although they can skip some of the figures in the cinema scenes (the spirits come to mindPlus re-release those figures that were hard to find, Ree Yees, Death Star Trooper etc.

ROTJLuke
07-27-2004, 08:32 AM

ROTJLuke, did you happen to see the news of the new ROTJ Luke coming from Medicom Toys in Japan? Rebelscum has an article about it on their home page, maybe SSG does too. In any case here're some pictures of this super cool looking figure (which is 300mm, around 12", tall)

Thanks for lettin me know. I saw that, but figured it was gonna be expensive, so who knows if Ill be able to pick it up. It looks great though!:cool:

ROTJLuke
07-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Ya know, here's a crazy idea hasbro. Since your on a rerelease rampage, why dont you throw some EU figures in there, cause I only found the Luke, and that was one of the luckiest finds I have ever had. So, rerelease them why dont ya!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Here's my list, and some reasons:
*Luke Skywalker (Hall of Fame version) - I don't know why they haven't released the main character in his main clothes yet, it's really weird.
*Lando Calrissian (POTJ Bespin Escape) - Another main character in main clothes.
*Han Solo (POTJ Bespin Capture) - A great figure, even though he is coming in those Wal-Mart packs.
*Princess Leia (Commtech) - Lots of people still need this.
*Admiral Motti - Same here.
*Grand Moff Tarkin - An important character. Maybe put his head on another officer's body.
*R4-M9 with Mouse Droid - I think it was somewhat hard to find, and everyone can use more droids.
*BoShek - He was also somewhat hard to find, and he can go in the cantina wave.
*Emperor Palpatine with Force Lightning - Why not. He's another main character and a cool figure.
*Naboo Battle 4-pack - Queen Amidala (Battle) with Ascension Gun, Sio Bibble, electronic gun thing, Naboo Royal Security, R2-B1. This would sell like hotcakes, or actually, much, much better.
*Droid Control Ship 4-pack - TC-14, Battle Droid (Security), kitbashed Obi-Wan (POTJ Jedi head on any cloaked body), Holographic Darth Sidious, blast door. Same deal here.
*Mos Espa 4-pack - Qui-Gon with Eopie, Pit Droids 2-pack, Sebulba with chubas, Darth Maul with cloth cloak from old accessory pack, Teemto Pagalie's spider droid thing. This would be god for both kids and collectors.
See? Everyone can be happy and Hasbro doesn't have to spend too much. :)

dindae
07-27-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't like recards. I have them all. I don't need them again. Most figures are on ebay at or below cost if people really wanted them they would go up in price. Most of the main characters have been recarded already. I can see them doing Ephant Mon as a ultra figure. The only figures I could see them doing that I wouldn't mind are army builders. Most of these for the OTC are already recarded though. Hasbro claims the only reason for the recards is to keep the core characters out in stores to capture new collectors. So that means they won't be doing any background characters. What they should do is have the direct mail order stuff like they did for GI Joe back in the 80's. After ROTJ I started in on GI Joe and had to buy most of my old stuff that way. Sure it came in brown boxes and baggies but I didn't care plus it was cheap.

Samuel Windu
07-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Those not in single carded before,should be in OTC,IMO.

bigbarada
07-30-2004, 11:14 AM
I just thought of a few more which might be cool:

Ten Nunb (except this time with the correct red jumpsuit, not white)
Imperial R4 unit from the Imperial Forces 4-pack
Orange R3 unit from the Hoth 4-pack
Wedge Antilles (about time this guy got a carded figure)

OC47150
08-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Sio Bibble
TC-14
R2-B1
Admiral Motti
Swimming Jar Jar

Those are the ones I don't know.

Naboo soldier (the goateed guy). Just because I'd like a few more of him.

Simdog
08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
I think these figures should be re-released with the new OTC "dirty paint updates".

Yakface
Boussh
Kabe & Muftak
Oola
Labria
Takeel

TheDarthVader
08-02-2004, 04:49 PM
I agree with BB that WEDGE ANTILLES SHOULD BE MADE ON A SINGLE CARD! I can't believe they haven't made one for him like that yet. I also agree with Ten Numb. I never picked up the B-wing or Y-wing whichever is packed with him. I wouldn't mind having both pilots on a single card (from the potj version vehicles). One of the other figures that I have been complaining about for years is PAPLOO. We know hasbro has the sculpt...why not release Paploo on a single card?????? This makes no sense to me why they would further dely doing this!! For those who don't know...paploo was the ewok that stole the speeder bike. Hasbro made an exclusive figure of him for the TRU AT-ST speeder bike package. He needs some retooling and accessories such as bow and removeable head gear. But after that, he'd be awesome. Does anyone else besides me want Paploo? Or am I going crazy??! :D

B.
TDV

bigbarada
08-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I agree with BB that WEDGE ANTILLES SHOULD BE MADE ON A SINGLE CARD! I can't believe they haven't made one for him like that yet. I also agree with Ten Numb. I never picked up the B-wing or Y-wing whichever is packed with him. I wouldn't mind having both pilots on a single card (from the potj version vehicles). One of the other figures that I have been complaining about for years is PAPLOO. We know hasbro has the sculpt...why not release Paploo on a single card?????? This makes no sense to me why they would further dely doing this!! For those who don't know...paploo was the ewok that stole the speeder bike. Hasbro made an exclusive figure of him for the TRU AT-ST speeder bike package. He needs some retooling and accessories such as bow and removeable head gear. But after that, he'd be awesome. Does anyone else besides me want Paploo? Or am I going crazy??! :D

B.
TDV

Paploo would be cool also, but I thought that the one that came with the AT-ST was just a retooled Wicket with a different head. I would prefer an all new sculpt.

TheDarthVader
08-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Well at least Hasbro still has the paploo head mold! :) Yeah, it would have to be a resculpt with new accessories...I'd love to see an ewok bow.

B.
TDV

Veers
08-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Ree Yees or Luke Skywalker in stormtooper gear.