PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy toys on the shelves!

B'Omarr Monkey
02-24-2004, 08:31 PM
I found all of the Hellboy action figures today at a record store which also sells some toys. They look fantastic! No disappointments in the bunch. The store was selling them for $14.00 a piece. I don't know if this highby a couple bucks or not. they tend to price a little high at this store. I didn't pick them up yet, because I figure there's still plenty of time between now and when the movie comes out, adn I want to see what others are charging for them first. The 18" Hellboy looks awesome as well.

Knowing Sideshow, they're Hellboy stuff won't be released until this summer. I don't know why they set release dates, as to my knowledge, they've never even come close to releasing on time in at least the past three years.

-Durge-
02-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Whats the deal with Hellboy?

Is he good? Whats the plot?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
a comic book shop uptown had the 18'' Hellboy opened up and were playing with him; he's FANTASTIC. The detail is nuts and the coat and gun are AMAZING. You can even take out the bullets (though, they're all connected so you don't lose them) and the plastic he's made out of his very sturdy and you can easily put his gun in place and whatnot. Great figure all around!

I haven't seen any of the action figures yet; I don't doubt they won't be any less awesome than the 18''. HH! :D

Reefer Shark
03-07-2004, 07:39 PM
I finally opened my 18 Hellboy last night (had him for about a week). Great figure, just like JMG says. Well worth the $$$. I have him posed without the trenchcoat, gun holstered, and holding his rosary beads right now. Looks great!

They did have the regular figures of Abe Sapien & Kroenen (SP?) when I bought him too. They did look great too, but I had spent too much that day already.....

darthvyn
03-11-2004, 08:26 PM
i picked up the hellboy with corpse 7"... awesome! i got the one with the open "right hand of doom" and gritting teeth head. both figures of hellboy, the one with the coat and corpse, and the one without the coat, can have either hand/head combo. there's the closed "right fist of doom" with a face that has the mouth closed, and there's the one i got...

Reefer Shark
03-20-2004, 08:36 PM
I stumbled across a "battle damaged exclusive variant" (actually says that on the box :rolleyes: ) 18" Hellboy at Tower Records today.

........after waffling around for about 1/2 hour I ended up buying him. He's got a totally different head sculpt: big overgrown horns, and a grimacing, bloodied face. From what I can tell, the only other difference is that his shirt and jacket are dirtied and ripped up a little.

Here's a pic of the new headsculpt:

plasticfetish
03-27-2004, 02:48 AM
i picked up the hellboy with corpse 7"... awesome!
What is the deal with this figure? I can't find it anywhere. My local Tower Records has the other figures, but never Hellboy... is this thing short-packed or something? I want to at least see it once.

darthvyn
03-27-2004, 07:24 AM
nah, case breakdown is as follows: (i actually work at tower, so i've seen it when it came in...) four hellboy figures, two with trenchcoat and corpse, two without, one of each with each head; three kroenen; three abe sapien; three rasputin; ONE sammael - he is truly shortpacked.

also, the horned 18" is limited to 2000 pieces! i couldn't believe it when i heard!

plasticfetish
03-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Ahh. So I'm just slow.

I'll never see a Sammael figure around here... I'm sure the scalpers are eating them up. I'm sure they're probably eating up the Hellboy figs also though. That's cool... Tower's only a few blocks from my house, I'll just keep rolling in like I always do. (Get sucked into buying Hellraiser figures in the mean time.)

Just checked toysrus.com (amazon.com) and they have the figures listed as being available on April 15. Ummm, doesn't the movie come out on the 2nd? Nice timing for them to get 'em out like 2 weeks after the movies been released. :rolleyes:

Man, I'm really looking forward to this film. The wife goes away on vacation on the 1st, and I get to go out on the 2nd for a single guy evening of nerd fun. Sweet.

B'Omarr Monkey
03-27-2004, 08:20 PM
nah, case breakdown is as follows: (i actually work at tower, so i've seen it when it came in...) four hellboy figures, two with trenchcoat and corpse, two without, one of each with each head; three kroenen; three abe sapien; three rasputin; ONE sammael - he is truly shortpacked.

also, the horned 18" is limited to 2000 pieces! i couldn't believe it when i heard!

How much is that 18" horned variant? I don't have a Tower anywhere near me and would like to get him.

Reefer Shark
03-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow! I didn't know that the 18" variant was so limited. I'm really happy I scored one now! It was $44.95 when I got mine * Tower.

I've been seraching for the regular figs lately as well, and haven't found squat. I saw a Abe Sapien & Kroenen at Suncoast about a month ago, and now I'm kicking myself for not buying the Kroenen figure. Now I think I'm gonna go for the whole set...

I can't wait to see this flick too. Guillermo Del Toro makes fun flicks, no doubt!

darthvyn
03-28-2004, 02:18 AM
did you take it out of the box, or is it MIP? i don't know if i could keep it in the box...

yeah, they're still $45, at tower...

Reefer Shark
03-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Still in the box.

I have the regular version busted out, and he is awesome indeed!

Reefer Shark
03-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Right after I get done complaining that I can't find these, I hit the mother lode!!!

I strolled into my local comic shop today, and lo-and-behold = a freshly stocked shelf of the Previews case. Very, very nice! I ended up getting a few variants too. Here's my take:

Variant battle damaged, long horned Hellboy
Variant "black wetsuit" Abe Sapien
Sammael (paid $15 ea for all three of these = ouch!)

Then, across the way at Suncoast, for $10 ea I scored:

Kroenen
Rasputin

I've only opened Kroenen so far, and he is great! I really dig this figure. Under his black mask lies one of the most deformed faces I've ever seen!! Truly awesome!! I'll try to take some pics later......

So I still need the regular versions of Hellboy and Abe, but I can wait until I find them cheaper now. And I'm pretty stoked that I scored the long-horned variant! I just saw one going for over $30 on ebay. Not that I plan on selling it, I'm just happy I scored one for close to retail. :D

darthvyn
03-30-2004, 04:51 PM
nice! yeah, i want to pick up the previews versions... as soon as i have some money!

BTW, we just had someone return a battle damaged 18" to my store today, which was a little TOO battle-damaged - the right arm was broken off. so, there's now only 1999 of them! ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2004, 03:40 PM
A local comic book shop has the following figures on hold for me:

Hellboy w/ Coat
Hellboy w/o coat
Hellboy w/ Horns
Sammael
Abe
Rasputin

No Kroenen though!!! I'm probably going to buy these over the course of a few weeks as i can't afford all these figures at 14.99 a pop!! Great figures though!!! I want an extra hellboy w/ corpse to open!! hee! :D

Reefer Shark
04-01-2004, 10:12 PM
They really are great figures JMG! The only complaint I could have would be that they don't have peg holes in their feet. Sammael doesn't stand too well :(. That is easily fixed with the handy drill though I guess....

I was at another comic shop today when they opened a previews case. The breakdown was like this:

2 Hellboy w/long horns
2 Hellboy no jacket/closed mouth/open hand
1 Hellboy no jacket/open mouth/closed fist
2 Sammael
2 Abe Sapien w/black westsuit
1 Abe Sapien no westuit
1 Kroenen
1 Rasputin

Kinda dissapointing since I really want the Hellboy w/corpse. The only one I wanted out of this bunch was the Hellboy no jacket/open mouth, but they wanted $25 for it........ jeez man, don't want it that bad :rolleyes:

edit: Oh yeah! Almost forgot, here are some pics of Kroenen umasked:

B'Omarr Monkey
04-01-2004, 10:42 PM
I really wished they made Liz Sherman and Professor Broom.

darthvyn
04-02-2004, 12:21 PM
2 Hellboy no jacket/closed mouth/open hand
1 Hellboy no jacket/open mouth/closed fist

whoa... whoa... waitaminit!

the only combo of hand/head sculpt i've seen are closed/closed and open/open... if you're correct, then we have another two versions here, along with the horned exclusive.... sheesh! glad i'm not a completist...

darthvyn
04-03-2004, 04:45 PM
just got abe... one cool fig! the shininess is well done, he really looks slimy! i want rasputiun next.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2004, 05:35 PM
sadly, i won't be getting these figures. :( I just can't afford them at 14.99 a pop with my more predominant lines of SW, LOTR and Simpsons. Tough break though! enjoy the figs, kids! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Alright, scratch that! I weighed out my options and did the following: I cnacelled my Kill bill figures and got these puppies instead. The comic book shop was nearly sold out, so i was forced to used toynk.com and got a complete set plus an extra HB w/ coat and corpse to open. The comic book shop did have the suit version of Abe and i'm still now looking for Hellboy w/ horns, but i have no intention of searching after the variant heads. I can't wait to get these! cheers!! :D

darthvyn
04-08-2004, 09:09 PM
BTW, we just had someone return a battle damaged 18" to my store today, which was a little TOO battle-damaged - the right arm was broken off. so, there's now only 1999 of them! ;)

it's mine now, ALL MINE!!!! now i just need to get some cah-razy glue...

this thing is AWESOME out of the box! the guy didn't return the gun with him (LAME!) but that's okay... he was free!

i'm also looking to get a case of the previews guys... i can't get enough of hellboy with the horns! looks so COOL!

Ji'dai
04-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Passed on these when I first saw them at Suncoast ($9.99) last month, (hadn't seen the movie yet), and now the Hellboys are scarce now. Rasputin and Abe seem to be pegwarmers though, might be able to wait on them for clearance time. Kroenen was plentiful too until the movie opened and we learned how weirdly cool this character was.

Went to Spencers today and they had just stocked their first shipment of figures, $14.99 each (ouch). They had:
Hellboy (Black Shirt - Closed Mouth & Open Hand)
Hellboy (Black Shirt - Clenched Teeth & Closed Hand)
Hellboy (Trenchcoat & Corpse - Closed Mouth & Open Hand)
Hellboy (Trenchcoat & Corpse - Clenched Teeth & Closed Hand)
Kroenen
Rasputin with Baby Hellboy
Sammael

I ended up getting a Trenchcoat Hellboy with closed mouth & open hand and the only Sammael they had. Got to find these at Suncoast again where they are much cheaper.

darthvyn
04-09-2004, 11:22 PM
it might be hard to find them any cheaper...

i just picked up kroenen - cool figure! ninja nazi crazy zombie guy that he is...

i just found out from my local comic book store that the previews exclusive cases are done... they will only sell the figs individually from now on... this sucks, cuz i was going to see about getting a case or two through my comic book store. now i don't know what i'm gonna do!

B'Omarr Monkey
04-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I hate amazon.com right now. I put off buying these in the stores I've found them in because the prices were $14.99 on up, depending on the figure. Amazon had them listed at $11.99 each, but not available until April 15. I signed up with them to notify me when they became available, hoping that since their toys are essentially TRU online, that I'd see these show up at my physical TRU for the same price or less. No luck. So, this weekend I decide I'll just preorder them thru amazon/TRU online. All they had left were Abe, rasputin and Kroenen, available to ship now. the others were all gone, and I never got an email from them.

My wife picked up the black shirt Hellboy, Hellboy w/corpse, and Abe w/wetsuit today from a pricey record store, but at least now I have them except for Hellboy w/horns and Samael. I'm going to keep looking, but if anybody finds extras of these, please let me know. Ebay is insane right now for this stuff. I hope Mezco makes more.

darthvyn
04-10-2004, 10:19 PM
that sucks...

i believe the regular assortment will be easily available... it's the previews exclusives that will be trouble (which the hellboy with horns is one of...)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 10:37 PM
I could've kicked myself in the arse. I had the all the figs on hold, including the exclusives, but took them off hold. I got all of the figs except that horned exclusive Hellboy, but i do have him on order through a website. If you want the links, just let me know. :D

evenflow
04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
I would like a Hellboy with horns, any one know a good place online to get one?

Ji'dai
04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Apparently the figures are showing up at TRU. (Someone posted on the Spawn.com forum about finding them there).

killertoys.com has the Hellboy with horns and Wetsuit Abe for preorder. I may go that route if I can't find those two at comic shops this weekend.

evenflow
04-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the info.

darthvyn
04-11-2004, 09:30 AM
I would like a Hellboy with horns, any one know a good place online to get one?

killertoys.com has the Hellboy with horns and Wetsuit Abe for preorder. I may go that route if I can't find those two at comic shops this weekend.

if you don't want to pay shipping, just ask your local comic shop to order them for you... that's how previews is going to work this from here on - no case assortments, just filling orders on individual figures.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-12-2004, 09:28 PM
if you don't want to pay shipping, just ask your local comic shop to order them for you... that's how previews is going to work this from here on - no case assortments, just filling orders on individual figures.

That's sweet that they are doing it that way. If only Hasbro would take note.

I checked Spencer's today and found Sammael. (They only had one). I was so excited to find him for $15, that I completely forgot to see if they had the Hellboy with horns. :(

Now my three-year old son is pleading with me to buy him his own set of these toys. Maybe if they do actually show up at TRU for $10 apiece. He was pretty heartbroken when I told him he couldn't see the movie because it was too violent for him.

darthvyn
04-13-2004, 12:46 AM
i don't know if they'll show up at TRU...

previews is the company that supplies all comic book stores with their comics and other merch... that's basically the way they do everything! they will fill orders on cases of the regular assortment, it's just the previews exclusives that will be individually ordered.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-13-2004, 03:19 PM
I didn't mean the exclusives, when I mentioned them showing up at TRU. In fact, I'm certain those won't. My son's 3 1/2, so he doesn't care about the variations, or whether his Hellboy is showing teeth or not. All he knows is that they are a bunch of cool looking monsters (including Kroenen, who he refers to as "the robot with the swords")

I'm more likely to buy him a few if I only have to pay $10 each for them than $15-$20 plus tracking them down. He could get the 4 he wants for about the same price as 2 through all the other retailers that have them.

evenflow
04-13-2004, 04:51 PM
I am going to try to hit up a comic shop, but there are none in the town i live, maybe this weekend. I hope ti find the one with horns.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
My old chum Star Matt pointed this out to me; tis an article from action-figure.com about wave 2 of the HB movie figures. The top part is a report straight from the mouth of Del Toro and the little feature afterwards is a comment from AF.com

"Mezco Toys is prepping a SECOND WAVE Hellboy Toys. I know that they're planning a *****in' NAZI KROENEN and a full-blown PRINCE OF DARKNESS HELLBOY standing over the city rubble. I would like to propose this... Make a poll as to your favorite action figure and I PROMISE I'll fight to get it made in the *" version, how is that??? "

So you heard the man..you're getting your much whined for Nazi Kroenen and a Prince of Darkness Hellboy! Who else would you like to see? Remember to limit your choices to who was actually in the movie. I figure you have up to 4 slots to fill? Give us your top 6 picks..if you can fill that many slots..and we'll start a poll on it on our main message board. Look for the poll mid week next week. I'll link it from the front page so you'll have a suitable heads up! Since we are in contact with Sony, Mezco and Mike Mignola, you can be sure your votes will be taken in. Now get your picks into the comments and spread the word! You thought SOTA was the only company who wanted to hear your figure choices? Great trend you've all started!

Here are some ideas to get you started...
LIZ SHERMAN (do I even need to explain why?) with flamey attachments so you can have her normal or ready to light things up
Shirtless Hellboy with removable coat (for the comic purists)
Final Battle Hellboy with broken horns, beat up look, scorched clothes, demon gunk, that big sword and a strip of bombs
Rasputin covered in blood orrr a Modern Rasputin with tentacles coming out of his chest
Agent Meyers with "I'm sensitive listening guy" action
Ilsa in full nazi gear
Nazi soldier in full gear with Rasputin's insignia (should have the face gear as well so you can army build)
Kroenen's corpse with removable clockwork (maybe a wind up tremble feature) and Professor Broom 2 pack (cuz that's the only way your're going to get him!)

I encourage those who are part of AF.com to take part in this poll. Frankly, if the figures mentioned above were produced, i'd be content beyond belief. Cheers!! :D

Reefer Shark
04-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Nazi Kroenen
Modern Rasputin
Liz Sherman
Prince of Darkness Hellboy

Yep! That'll make me happy! :)

B'Omarr Monkey
04-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Liz Sherman
Agent Meyers
Professor Broom
Hellboy with crown of fire
Naked Kroenen
Ilsa
Behemoth
Rasputin in Robes (end of movie)

darthvyn
04-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Behemoth

:confused:

who's that? you mean the tentacled guy at the end? that's (in the comics, anyway...) Sadu Hem - created by the Ogdru Jahad so that it may always have a foothold in our realm of reality. it would be really cool to have a Sadu Hem playset of something...

B'Omarr Monkey
04-21-2004, 10:12 PM
In the movie script the big H.P. Lovecraft monster at the end is refereed to as Behemoth.

Also, of cool note, the crabby Nazi officer who was berating Rasputin is Von Krupt, who in the comics is the nazi head in the jar.

Hellboy
05-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Well I was trying to execute a little self restraint in my toy expenditures and pass on these but I finally broke down and bought Hellboy w/corpse, Abe, and Kroenen and they are indeed sweet. I'll probably pick up the Hellboy w/horns and wetsuit Abe if I can find them too but other than my local comic book shop these seem to be pretty scarce. The nearest Suncoast that carries toys is way on the other side of town but I might have to make the trip since the Kill Bill line is begging for me to buy them too. Oh well looks like I'm broke again, but damn these are nice. :cool:

darthvyn
05-05-2004, 03:25 PM
everybody wait on the previews exclusives - they will be available through your local comic shop in june, they're just not available now... same with regular case assortments - june availability.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
about a week ago, i strut into my local comic book shop and what do i see on the counter: the Hellboy Previews Exclusive!! :sur: Holy crap on a cracker!!! I snatched him up IMMEDIATELY!!! I now have my complete set of series one!! wooho!!! I still have one of him on order from Killertoys, but i'm going to keep him on order and probably open him!! wohoo!!! :D

I also bring news: Series 2 has been announced:
Nazi Kroenen
Battle damaged Abe
Shirtless HB
Hellboy in the Stockade
Anung un Rama Hellboy

I kinda have mixed feelings about this lineup. According to the guys at Metz, they couldn't do Broom due to "contract" issues i believe and they really haven't given a solid reason for not doing Liz, even though she won the freakin' poll they had; that's crap. I don't mind the Hellboy variants if they're well done, but don't we already kinda have the "Anung un Rama Hellboy" as it's like the Previews exclusive? It should be interesting to see how they do the fire crown though. cheers! :D

Hellboy
06-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Nice haul Guyute. :)

I'm excited for the new lineup but I'm disappointed that we didn't get Liz as well. :dis: Seems like a no brainer to make her but oh well, I'm still totally psyched for the Nazi Kroenen. :cool:

B'Omarr Monkey
06-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Liz and Broom should have been included for sure. I'm not sure what contract issues there could be, other than John Hurt not signing over use of his likeness, but since he looked so much like the comic book character, basing Broom more on Mignola's license would be acceptable to me.

Nazi Kroenen is the most exciting figure in the bunch. I wish we were getting a naked Kroenen too, because of that face of his.

I love Abe, but don't feel that we really need a "battle damaged" version of him. What's the point?

evenflow
06-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Well I will def. get Anung un Rama Hellboy (since I have not gotten Hellboy with Horns) but I am really upset that Liz is not being made. I will probably pick up the Nazi Kroenen too.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Has anybody else opened theirs yet? I just freed all mine from their plastic prisons last night. They look great, but a few things of note:

Abe doesn't like to stay standing up, though I now have both of mine balanced so that they've stopped bending forward and taking dives off the shelf onto my desk.

Abe with the wetsuit looks much better uncarded than shirtless Abe, who seems very tiny when placed next to exeryone else.

Sammael looks fierce roaring down at me from above.

Hellboy with the corpse is very difficult to set up. The corpse's pose requires some manipulation in order to get him to hang on Hellboy's shoulders without falling off. This one looks awesome though standing there.

Stranger, and possibly a good reason for opening, is that the inset bubble that the figures are twist tied onto has a layer of oil on it between the plastic and the figures. It's very noticible. I'm sure it's non toxic, but I wonder what effect it would have on the plastic of the carded figures over time. I'm guessing it will at least discolor the plastic cases they come in.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-12-2004, 10:54 PM
I freed my extra HB with corpse, and i agree, this thing is somewhat tricky to display. At first, i had the corpse hanging from an air freshener (hee!) and HB showin' the room his peace maker, but now i have the corpse slung over his right shoulder (my left). The rope is tied a few times around HB's hand, the rope comes across the chest and the corpse is resting on HB's back, pointing at me. Very cool!! :D

Hellboy
06-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I've opened all of mine. No surprise they look much better out of the package.

I have the same problem with Abe. Actually this is a problem I've noticed with quite a few of my figures I've bought lately with heavy articulation, mostly from the Hulk and Marvel Legends lines. It seems once you mess with them a bit they tend to become pretty loose and like to fall on their own. :dis:

I didn't notice the oil you're talking about B'Omarr on mine, but then again I pretty much just tore mine open and threw out the packaging. Mine did have a very pungent smell to them though.

So am I to assume most of you leave these MIP? Personally I wasn't that impressd with the packaging but more importantly I couldn't afford to buy 2 sets, so open it was.

Reefer Shark
06-13-2004, 02:07 PM
So far I've opened all except My previews exclusive HB (I opened the previes Abe though). The only one that I've had a problem standing so far is Sammael. Both my Abe's stand up straight with no problem. The'se figures would definitely benefit with peg holes in their feet.

One of my favorite features is Kroenens face, and since you need to open it up to see it, I tore into 'em right away. I also was surprised at how much I liked Rasputin after I opened him. :smoker:

I haven't found the Hellboy w/corpse, or the regular black t-shirt version for under $20 yet, so I don't have 'em :( . Ah well, I'm sure they'll turn up someday.....

That's great news on the new assortment too, I really wanted to see a Nazi Kroenen. There's also going to be another exclusive at killertoys.com, they told me in an email notification when they didn't get enough previews Hellboys to fill my pre-order :rolleyes: .... They don't know what it is yet though, they just said there is an exclusive scheduled for them for wave 2. Hmmmm.... curious.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Keep us posted on that exclusive, Reefer Shark.

HB, I noticed that smell too. I was like concentrated McFarlane toys smell. I only noticed the oil myself, because Abe was hard to remove from the package, and I could feel the film when I slid my fingers behind him. I thought maybe it was just the oil they pack fish in, but when I checked, the packaging for the others, I found the same thing.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-17-2004, 11:44 PM
My 12" Sideshow Hellboy and Kroenen arrived today. They are not as great as Sideshow's Universal monsters, also sculpted by Matt Falls, but are still pretty great looking. Hellboy's expression seems a bit much the way he is neutrally posed in the box. Maybe he looks better in an action pose. I'm not taking him out right now because I'm having a problem with my three year old son differentiating between his toys which are for playing with, and dad's which are only for looking at. I had some Godzilla toys out, which are now packed up again (he has his own Godzilla toys, but mine are apparently not only more expensive, but more interesting as well), and I don't even dare think about putting out my SW stuff. Right now I've got three shelves of my 8" Sideshow Universal Monsters, My 8" Hellboy toys, and some of the McFarlane Movie Maniacs. So far, he's left them alone because he's been informed that they are not toys, but statues. Unfortunately I thinking he's catching on.

Anyway, back to the Sideshow Hellboy and Kroenen, great accessories as well. I got mine off ebay for about $25 a piece including shipping, so they can be had for below the $45 retail price. Good luck to those of you looking for these.

plasticfetish
06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
So far, he's left them alone because he's been informed that they are not toys, but statues. Unfortunately I thinking he's catching on.
Ah yes, and now the toy shelves will get higher and higher and further out of reach... until you end up having all of your stuff in the garage or you build a room (in my case studio) outside the house where they can be safe.

It ends up being cheaper to simply buy 2 of everything after a while.

Luckily, PF jr. has always been good about not touching the "old" toys. He and Mom bough me a nice, vintage Popy Ultraman Kaiju vinyl (for way too much money) as a gift a few years back, so he kind of knows that they're expensive.

(OK. Back on topic...)

B'Omarr Monkey
06-18-2004, 10:32 PM
He and Mom bough me a nice, vintage Popy Ultraman Kaiju vinyl (for way too much money) as a gift a few years back, so he kind of knows that they're expensive.

Lucky dog, you. Any of that stuff that's more than three years old is too much money, but I still want to have it. I'm taking my son to G-fest this year, and fear for what sort of toys are going to catch his eye there. I fear for which ones will catch my eye as well, but I understand the word "budget." Try explaining to a 3-year old that $240 is too much for a vinyl Hedorah that he's going to bang around with his other vinyl Godzilla monsters. He sort of gets the idea about some of my toys being expensive but that hasn't stopped him from wanting to "just hold them."

At the same time, I'm a bit envious that my son can have Godzilla, Ray Harryhausen, or even Hellboy toys. They didn't make that stuff when I was his age.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-04-2004, 12:11 PM
If anybody missed out on any of the figures, Amazon.com pretty much has the ENTIRE line currently in stock.

here is a link to Hellboy w/ corpse as i can't link to the general search for HB figures. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00018I22O/qid=1088961112/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-1278830-5896942?v=glance&s=toys Just do a larger search for Hellboy toys if you want the others.

Of course, they don't have the exclusives as they're from Diamond. Hurry! I don't think they'll be availble for long!! :crazed:

evenflow
07-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Any pics of wave 2 yet, and any reason why Liz was not included?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Liz was not included due to contractural reasons, i believe. hopefully, somewhere down the line, there will be a Liz figure as we REALLY need one.

anyway, pics of wave 2 are up and they look freakin' PHENOMINAL. I would post pics, but i don't feel like doing all the clicking and saving and editing out action-figures copyright crap, so just click and get ready to drool.

http://www.action-figure.com/Article12346.html

cheers! :D

plasticfetish
07-25-2004, 03:22 AM
The new stuff looks really good! I can't believe that after walking through that place (Comic-con) for 8 hours, I ended up missing the Mezco booth... and ended up missing out on their exclusives. Duh!

evenflow
07-27-2004, 09:00 AM
I really wish Liz was coming out.

Question though I read somewhere that this is Wave 1.5 and not 2, any truth?

B'Omarr Monkey
07-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I don't think there's anything officially planned after this wave, so I'd call it wave 2. They look great, though with all those Hellboys (all of which I want, but didn't think I would before I saw the pics) the lack of variety really sticks out. Wasn't there supposed to be a battle damaged Abe Sapien?

plasticfetish
07-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Question though I read somewhere that this is Wave 1.5 and not 2, any truth?Yeah, that's my understanding and I have no idea why it's wave 1.5 and not 2. Maybe if I'd gone to that booth at the Con :ermm: I could have asked.

B'Omarr Monkey -- Yeah, there is supposed to be a battle damaged Abe and they haven't shown it yet for some reason. (Would have been another good question.)

evenflow
07-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Well my thinking is that this wave is being done in order for them to get rights to do Liz and perhaps a couple of other characters in "Wave 2".

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-07-2004, 01:58 AM
FYI- Killertoys.com has wave 1.5 up for pre-order. I was just going to order all the figures but the trenchcoat HB, but the total was 67 whereas a full set was 60. Odd. I figured what the hell and ordered it. Maybe i can trade it or give it to somebody who can't find trenchcoat HB. anyway, there you have it. :D

B'Omarr Monkey
08-28-2004, 12:07 AM
For those interested, Sideshow toy made a 12" Kroenen in his nazi uniform. It was a San Diego Con exclusive, but they had a lottery for people not attending. I paid for mine today. It was pricey $60 + shipping, but I can't wait for it to arrive.

I don't know if they're still taking people on the waiting list, but their website is at Sideshowtoy.com

darthvyn
08-28-2004, 08:50 AM
so, i'm confused now... since they're calling it wave 1.5, does that mean they will still release the original wave 1 figures in a more limited capacity with this wave? that would seem to be the reasoning behind calling it wave 1.5, but that also feels like it would reduce box room for the new figs...

Ji'dai
08-28-2004, 11:13 AM
For those interested, Sideshow toy made a 12" Kroenen in his nazi uniform. It was a San Diego Con exclusive, but they had a lottery for people not attending. I paid for mine today. It was pricey $60 + shipping, but I can't wait for it to arrive.
I "won" a chance in their lottery to buy this figure too. I ordered it a week or so ago but haven't gotten it yet. The rep I spoke to said it was in stock when I placed my order.

The new issue of Toy Fair says that 1.5 will be the last line of figures from the first Hellboy film, although there might be a couple of special edition figures released. From what I gather only the HB with trenchcoat (and corpse?) will be re-released with 1.5. The rest of the figures from that assortment are new. I think it said a figure 2-pack will also be available to Club Mez members.

They quote Mezco as stating that a Liz figure will not be made since female figure retail sales are sluggish.

evenflow
08-29-2004, 07:34 AM
They quote Mezco as stating that a Liz figure will not be made since female figure retail sales are sluggish.

I hate that excuse.

B'Omarr Monkey
08-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Ji'dai, I just received an email from Fedex, saying that a package from Sideshow had been shipped today, so I'm hoping to see it tomorrow. You probably will, too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2004, 11:32 PM
The new issue of Toy Fair says that 1.5 will be the last line of figures from the first Hellboy film, although there might be a couple of special edition figures released.

well, from them saying that there might be a few SE figures relief, that gives me SOME hope for a Liz figure. I mean, if they know how much they need to produce of it and then make it, they won't lose anything. Hell, i'd buy a few just to make sure it got made. Same for Prof Broom. C'mon Mezco, give us some lovin'!! :D

Edit:
Pics of the new Battle Damaged Abe have been posted. Not really too impressive, just Abe figure with two scars across his chest. http://www.action-figure.com/ImageBank+index-id-49058.html
cheers! :D

darthvyn
09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
holy crap! did you look at the other images below that one???? kroenen looks awesome, and anung un rama hellboy is really cool! man, i can't wait to get these!

B'Omarr Monkey
09-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the link, J.M.G. Liz would have been much preferred over this unnecessary Abe Sapien variant.

If they want to give us an Abe variant they should make one that comes with his disguise from the comics; beard sunglasses, hat and overcoat.

B'Omarr Monkey
09-06-2004, 02:46 PM
My Sideshow 12" Nazi Kroenen arrived yesterday and it did not disappoint. Another example of the excellent craftsmanship that Sideshow puts into their figures and their outfits.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-06-2004, 03:54 PM
no prob.

I saw that Mezco has been approved to do a "comic book based line" for Hellboy. so, i guess that means we're in store for much more HB figures, this time from the comics!! woohooo!! :D

darthvyn
09-06-2004, 10:17 PM
THAT'S cool!

i want lobster johnson!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-11-2004, 11:01 AM
This might be premature as i don't know what's going on, but i think that Killertoys sent me two of the Previews Exclusive Hellboy figures. I already have one, but was going to open a second, but now im' not even sure if need to. If anybody wants it, lemme know. i'm just asking how much they charged me like 15 or so; i don't recall. I'll have to wait till the boxes arrive and then i'll confirm/deny it. Just lemme know. :D

LTBasker
09-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd like a stab at it, not sure if I'll have the money though. Will know by this upcoming Friday. :D

Hellboy
09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
If anybody wants it, lemme know.

I was planning on picking it up but haven't gotten around to it yet. If it does indeed show up and you still don't want doubles throw me a PM Guyute and I'll take it off your hands brother. :D

Hellboy
09-11-2004, 02:53 PM
OK, Basker's post beat me by 2 min. so I guess he gets dibs. :)

darthvyn
09-11-2004, 03:11 PM
only if jmg doesn't get my PM first, which was sent before anyone else replied ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Darth's was the first pM i got, so if i have any extras, he'll get first dibs. As for the second one, i'll just post about it and first PM gets it, i guess. Or we can all meet somewhere and Basker and HB can have a knife fight like in the "beat it" video and whoever wins, gets the figure....for 15 dollars. :D

Hellboy
09-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Or we can all meet somewhere and Basker and HB can have a knife fight like in the "beat it" video and whoever wins, gets the figure....for 15 dollars. :D

Hehehehe lol......I'll be there, just look for the guy with the bad haircut wearing the black and yellow stripped shirt. You best watch out too cuz I'll cut ya man! :crazed:

darthvyn
09-11-2004, 07:58 PM
that means basker is the guy in the all-white jumpsuit outfit with the greasy curly hair.... ewwwwww!

evenflow
09-13-2004, 07:29 AM
They have awesome pics up over at what I believe is the Mezco messae board. TNI has a direct link.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Rumor on the wire for the HB comic book line wave 1 is:
Hellboy(duh)
Liz Sherman
Lobster Johnson
Mecha Ape with Von Klempt head in a bottle

Liz freakin' Sherman!!! FINALLY!!! Mecha ape with Klempt head in a bottle!!! ahhhhhhhh!!! This is going to be a GREAT line!

then again, rumor people, rumor. :D

evenflow
11-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Yeah saw that, nice to finally get a Liz figure but i wish we got one from the movie.

LTBasker
11-09-2004, 02:55 PM
that means basker is the guy in the all-white jumpsuit outfit with the greasy curly hair.... ewwwwww!

Hey, I heard that!

...2 months later. :crazed:

Oh yeah, in the thread that confirmed this line-up on Mez's message board, Mez also mentioned an 18" comic style Hellboy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I got my Hellboy series 1.5 today from Killertoys and they're AWESOME. I even decided to pick up an extra Anung Un Rama as he looks FANTASTIC. I'll give a more indepth review later on, but i gotta head to work. also, amazon has the 1.5 figures up for sale.

Anybody need a Hellboy figure w/ coat and corpse? :)

Hellboy
12-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the headsup, I just went to Amazon and ordered mine. $12.99 a piece, not bad. :D

LTBasker
12-11-2004, 09:51 PM
I saw them at Suncoast, they had 4x Nazi Kroenen, 2x Anung Un Rama and 1x Abe. (Heavenly ratio. ;)) but unfortunately I couldn't grab a single one. Woe is me. :p

Anung and Kroenen look AWESOME though, I can't wait to get'em.

evenflow
12-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I checked out Suncoast the other day and nothing, maybe I will check tuesday.

Ji'dai
12-13-2004, 02:48 PM
My Suncoast received two cases of series 1.5 today. I got to open and rifle through them myself. The figures retail for $9.99 each, still very reasonable for the quality of this line. Ended up taking home a weightifter Hellboy, Unung Un Rama, Hellboy in stockade, and an "Officer" Kroenen. The Hellboy in stockade is only packed one per case - better pick it up if you see it. The stockade accessory makes this a heavy figure!

Hellboy
12-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Just received my assortment from Amazon and man these look even better in person. Officer Kroenen and Anung Un Rama are easily my favorites. This line continues to be quality all the way. :cool:

evenflow
12-17-2004, 11:49 PM
I picked up Anung Un Rama at Suncoast today. He looks awesome.

plasticfetish
12-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Saw some of series 1.5 at Tower Records tonight. I never bought any of the first series, because no one ever had a Hellboy figure. All I wanted was the Hellboy w/ corpse, and how frigging great is Mezco for putting that one in series 1.5 also. Tonight I grabbed one.

I knew this would be a great toy to open, but I had no idea it'd be this nice. So solid, such great detail, perfect articulation -- and that sweet, sweet plastic smell the minute I cut open the bubble.

Ahhhhhhh...

I've gotta go score the Officer Kroenen and Anung Un Rama tomorrow. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Alright, we gots pics of the Hellboy comic book line, wave 1, which includes:
Hellboy
Ms. Liz Sherman
Lobster Johnson
Kriegaffe Number 10 With Herman Von Klempt

I'm happy with all this except for Liz as I think she looks pretty shady. It's been while since i've read the comic book, but I thought she looked far cooler, and yeah, almost sexier, than this? Hopefully it's just a prototype and we'll get some better images soon. These come out in October! Cheers! :crazed:

Ji'dai
07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I saw pics of those figures in one of the toy collecting magazines (Lee's maybe?) at the bookstore the other day. I'm don't know if I'll collect them, though. Maybe a Liz since we'll probably never get a Selma Blair version. I think the magazine also reported a "Ghost of Lobster Johnson" figure in the works too.

Hellboy
07-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm definitely picking these up. They all look great but I'm probably most excited about Lobster Johnson.

darthvyn
07-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Hellboy
Ms. Liz Sherman
Lobster Johnson

I'm happy with all this except for Liz as I think she looks pretty shady. It's been while since i've read the comic book, but I thought she looked far cooler, and yeah, almost sexier, than this? Hopefully it's just a prototype and we'll get some better images soon. These come out in October! Cheers! :crazed:

holy crap, those look awesome!!! yeah, the liz sherman isn't the best in the lineup, but it's still cool to have her. i hope they do roger the homunculus and a frog-beast, too... and abe, of course. maybe a prof. bruttenholm. it would be cool to see johann, maybe the baba yaga, or the little demon from "box full of evil."

EDIT

i just joined the mezco forum and there's pics of the second wave already!!!

http://board.mezco.net/showthread.php?t=3046

we're getting roger, johann, and the aliens that keep the ogdru jahad in check!!!

also, there are much better pics of liz on there... the lighting helps it out, but she looks a lot better than that pic above...

ooo! torch of liberty would be a cool figure, too...

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 01:30 PM
The new Lee's Toy Review also has picks of Series 2, including the ones darthvyn mentioned and some "Chinese Vampire Heads."

Apparently the Ghost of Lobster Johnson is a Comic-Con exclusive.

darthvyn
07-14-2005, 04:32 PM
omg! i think they're actually japanese, but the vampire heads would be awesome! great story, too. very twistedly funny/dark...

Ji'dai
10-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Hellboy
Ms. Liz Sherman
Lobster Johnson

I'm happy with all this except for Liz as I think she looks pretty shady. It's been while since i've read the comic book, but I thought she looked far cooler, and yeah, almost sexier, than this? Hopefully it's just a prototype and we'll get some better images soon. These come out in October! Cheers! :crazed: I did see this line-up at Suncoast today, but they were $15 each. I might've been tempted if they were only ten. Now Kriegaffe might be worth the fifteen bucks, he's a friggin' mountain of plastic!

The sculpts are a bit crude since the figures are based on the comic artwork. I kinda liked them, they tend to grow on you after awhile. But by all appearances it looks like Mezco continues to do a fine job with the quality on their HB stuff.

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 02:28 PM
I've yet to see these but then again I haven't really been looking. I'll eventually pick them up but since my local Suncoast closed down I'll probably have to get them from a comic shop if they're still available.

Ji'dai
10-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I forgot to mention that the Suncoast here also had the 18" Hellboy based on the comic art; Big Red retails for $40.

Kriegaffe must be tough to find or is probably shortpacked 1 per case due to his size. I only saw one on the pegs here. Better pick one up if you see one. I doubt the other figs will fly off the pegs like Series I did during the movie release. I nearly missed out on that first series since I waited to see the movie first.

darthvyn
11-17-2005, 07:42 PM
i recently acquired the grimmacing hellboy and lobster johnson figures. incredible detail, very accurate likenesses, excellent in almost every way. i only wish the HB had articulated ankles like LJ, but it's not huge... i wish i had found them sooner, with liz and the big monkey...

darthvyn
12-16-2005, 09:01 AM
http://www.mezcotoyz.com/products.asp?pline=hbc2006

pics of series 2. "rocket" hellboy (from the comic where he had a faulty rocket pack strapped to his back,) and the three others previously claimed by me, roger, the homunculus, johann, the disembodied spirit of a german psychic, and the alien that is part of the satellite that keeps the ogdru jahad in it's prison. looking good!

darthvyn
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
so, somehow i managed to score kriegraffe #10 today while shopping for the missus... and at a discount to boot! he's enormous! now i just have to find me a liz sherman and i'm ready for series 2 to be released!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
These are lookin' great!!! :thumbsup: Too bad i can't afford the line anymore. Hell, i'm looking into selling the two waves from the Hellboy flick. Still, these look rather tasty! :crazed:

plasticfetish
01-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Noticed that there are a bunch of Hellboy figures on sale over at TRU.com, including Abe, Rasputin and Kroenen movie figures for $5.29 each. (I picked up an Abe and Rasputin finally, after ages of thinking, "Oh, I'll get those 2 later.) There's a bunch of others marked down to $13.99 as well. :)

OH... and BTW, which one of you chuckleheads posted, "Could Hellboy survive a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris?" over at IMDB? (Saw that at the bottom of the HB2 page. Friggin' funny!!!)

darthvyn
01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
i received all of the comic series 2 from the wife for christmas... they're awesome. the jetpack hellboy is really cool (we get a different sculpt for the stone hand, which is nice - they're not skimping out on stuff like that.) the alien is pretty neat looking and has cool gear, roger is great but lacking in the accessory department, and johann with his ektoplasm hand accessories is really cool...

rumors for series 3 say we're getting abe sapien (finally!), anung un rama hellboy (making one per series so far... maybe a bit much, but this will be a REALLY cool one...) frog man (called that one earlier... will be a great addition) and rasputin (which somehow i didn't mention previously...) can't wait!

darthvyn
08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
well, apparently series 3 was cancelled before it could properly get off the planning table. however, i was able to acquire the SDCC exclusive abe sapien (thank god they got that one out somehow...) and he ROCKS! the articulation is average - ball-joint neck, swivel/hinge/peg shoulders, hinge elbows, hinge wrists, swivel/hinge/peg hips, hinge knees and hinge ankles. the sculpt is really cool-his gills are a bit over-sized in comparison to a mignola rendering,-but he still looks great. the paint app is outstanding, really deep dark green/blue and the main green is well-matched to the comic palette. the spear accessory is really cool, and fits well in his right hand - it's sculpted to hold it, and does a fair job of it - not too tightly and not too loose. the BPRD vest sits a bit high around the shoulders due to the utility belt keeping it from closing at the correct height, but it's not a big deal and you could just leave the vest open - makes it different from roger's vest. a bit steep at $25, but well worth it to complete the collection. thanks eternal padawan, wherever you are! ;)

Beast
12-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Looks like Hasbro's popular Chunky Figures are continuing to spread.

First we had the Doctor Who ones, and now Hellboy from Mezco.

From TNI:

Hellboy II BPRD Buddies Series 1 Figures
Standing approxamily 2inches tall, Mezco's new take the ever popular Hellboy and friends is sure to make even a troll smile. The list of figures includes:

- Hellboy with Big Baby
- Prince Nuada
- Hellboy in black shirt
- Abe Sapian
- Hellboy in action stance
- Johan
- Wink
- Golden Army Soldier
Looks like the pairings are going to be:

Golden Army Soldier & Hellboy
Hellboy (Big Baby) & Abe Sapian
Prince Nuada & Wink
Hellboy (Black Shirt) & Johann Kraus

Very cool. I'm glad this style is catching on.
Now Mattel needs to deliver a compatible line for DC.

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=13817

DarkArtist
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
spotted Liz from the 3.75" line yesterday and picked her up. she makes a good background GI JOE so it's all good. first time i've spotted any of the 3.75" line since Black Friday. they must really be selling out. still hoping to pick up at least 2 Winks if i ever get the chance again.

JediTricks
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Up until now, all I've seen from the HB2 line of 3.75" figs has been Wink, and while he looks cool, I've passed. I have the Hellboy exclusive from SDCC, and really like that figure, but I wasn't sure I'd get into it at $8 a pop. However, the other day I found Wink, Krauss, and Liz, and somehow seeing them all got me to pull the trigger on all of 'em. Wink blew me away, great figure, good size and sculpt and paint and articulation, the interchangable hand is terrific even if it is his only accessory. Krauss is very good, I like this figure quite a bit, design looks great except for the foot articulation which is still decent. Legs aren't as articulated, but this character doesn't need that. The design could fit in with some prequel designs, Wat Tambor especially. The ethereal mist accessories work pretty well in his hands, they're sculpted to the shapes of fingers so I had no trouble figuring out how they worked. Liz is decent, the likeness isn't there, but it's a good looking figure none the less, and she's sporting a lot of articulation for a female figure without looking the worse for it. I'm worried her holster will easily tear off, it's a floppy material, but so far it's fine and holds the gun well. The gun is only fair, there's sculpted details but they're too faint. Her flame fits into her hand ok, not great and not like the package, but adequate, fits inside her fingers. I really love the double-ball-joint neck articulation she sports, this should be the design for all figures of this scale, her head has TONS of range, love that.

Overall, a good wave, I'll pass on shirtless Red and stick with the one I've got, but I'm surprised to say I'm glad I bought this line - surprised only in that I thought I was done with non-SW or Transformers.

TheRealDubya
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Overall, a good wave, I'll pass on shirtless Red and stick with the one I've got, but I'm surprised to say I'm glad I bought this line - surprised only in that I thought I was done with non-SW or Transformers.

I agree JT, it's a great little run. I would like to see a second wave with a Golden Army "Robot", Abe, Nuada and the Irish Troll.

plasticfetish
01-21-2009, 01:11 AM
I agree JT, it's a great little run. I would like to see a second wave with a Golden Army "Robot", Abe, Nuada and the Irish Troll.Love to see a second wave as well, but wow... a Golden Army figure never occurred to me. Even for the larger scale figures, I can't believe that they didn't make one. Maybe a convention exclusive or something?

TheRealDubya
01-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Love to see a second wave as well, but wow... a Golden Army figure never occurred to me. Even for the larger scale figures, I can't believe that they didn't make one. Maybe a convention exclusive or something?

Seems like a such a no-brainer - fantastic design and it's the very definition of an "army builder".

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Seems like a Golden Army figure would have to be in the 6" line just to come close to scale with the 3.75" line, but I'd be interested in seeing them try.

DarkArtist
02-20-2009, 06:24 PM
according to a rep at the Mezco booth at Toy Fair they are planning on releasing another wave of the 3.75 line but no details were discussed however the rep did say the wave would be very interesting as well as well recieved.

plasticfetish
02-21-2009, 03:06 AM
however the rep did say the wave would be very interesting as well as well received.Well, I am excited to see what else is coming, but I would be amazed to hear them say otherwise. ;) (Can you imagine if they had told you that it would be a boring load of c**p?)

DarkArtist
02-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Well when i asked the question about the 3.75 line (there were none on display with the exception of the first series of cinema of fear (Jason, Leatherface and Freddy) he said that the Hellboy series would continue. i asked why the line was so difficult to find to which his reply was that it's quite possible stores did not think the movie or toys would be successful and therefore short ordered the product and never re-ordered after they sold their supply. I asked if there was the possibility of seeing figures from Hellboy 1 and that's the quote he gave that the line would yield some interesting and well recieved figures......

Ji'dai
02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh boy! More mediocre figures with bad paint jobs and sporting higher price tags than other lines in the same scale.

I wonder if they'll make SS Kroenen and Ilsa. Though if Ilsa sucks as bad as the Liz Sherman fig did she'd be an easy pass.

plasticfetish
02-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I asked if there was the possibility of seeing figures from Hellboy 1 and that's the quote he gave that the line would yield some interesting and well recieved figures......I was just giving you a hard time DarkArtist. Kidding around mostly.

I'm glad to see them expand on the 3-3/4-inch line. I've enjoyed it for the most part, and would love to see them do more, but Ji'dai makes a good point (that can apply to any toy line I suppose) about them needing to watch the production quality.

My biggest problem is that I really enjoy the 6-inch scale more, and I'd hate to see them give up on developing anything new at that scale. Or worse yet, they'll put out a few new 6-inch figures, but let the quality level drop even more than they already have.

Old Fossil
02-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd buy more 3.75" scale Hellboy figures in a New York minute. Their quality is hard to match in that scale.

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I am with Old Fossil, I'm not a huge fan of the movies, I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't buy a single 6" figure. However, with their 3.75" line, every piece has blown me away, half even fit well with my other lines in that scale, so I cannot wait to see what else they come up with.

plasticfetish
02-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I am with Old Fossil, I'm not a huge fan of the movies, I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't buy a single 6" figure. However, with their 3.75" line, every piece has blown me away, half even fit well with my other lines in that scale, so I cannot wait to see what else they come up with.The 3-3/4-inch line has been good, but not great. The Liz Sherman figure wasn't exactly awesome, so I skipped it. The other three are very fun toys though, so I'm more than willing to assume that whatever comes next will be good also.

With that said, I haven't been wild about the 6-inch line this time around, and think that Mezco has really lowered their standards compared to what they put out for the last movie. My figure of "Red" actually ended up falling apart recently, so he's fighting the demons in my trash can now.

I think that the 3-3/4-inch line is a winner partly because of the novelty value, and partly because Mezco had something to prove with the line. Like I said... my worry is that they'll let the quality dip now that they've got a few of us hooked.

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Liz Sherman likeness isn't accurate, but it's not ugly, and I liked how they implemented a super-articulated body with the female form without compromising its lines.

I also count the Comic-Con exclusive shirted Hellboy figure in the line, as should you. One of the best exclusives of '08.

Their other 3.75" entries have looked extremely good though, the Cinema Of Fear line, I mean. At this point, I would be unhappily surprised if they delivered lesser quality on this scale.

plasticfetish
02-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Their other 3.75" entries have looked extremely good though, the Cinema Of Fear line, I mean. At this point, I would be unhappily surprised if they delivered lesser quality on this scale.I agree. I'm excited about that Leatherface figure, and have my fingers crossed.

Old Fossil
02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I didn't get the Liz figure. But here are my 2 faves:

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Wink confused by his hand? :p

Wink kinda reminds me of Gorc from SW:Jedi Knight, except with 1 hand.

Ji'dai
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I saw Mezco's version of Galactic Heroes at TRU today. They're 2 packs from Hellboy II. The figs looked much better than their last 3-3/4" offerings, but it can't be terribly difficult to screw up pre-school figurines.

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I also saw these at TRU last night, they left me cold.