PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Hasbro has changed their name to......

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 12:35 PM
"REHASHBRO" In the next few weeks Hasbro will change over and go by the new and improved "Rehashbro" name. The president of Hasbro feels that the name change will be more PC and will also be more true to what there company stands for, Rehashes. At Rehashbro you will be able to find all the figures you never wanted or liked on the pegs. We hope you and your family will buy into the change.

"Inside info"

I just heard that the next waves after the latest rehashs reported are going to be full cases of one figure. Rehashbro is re-releasing Senator Jar Jar Binks (in new EU pink outfit) and Factory Flight R2-D2 (with longer string, no action feature and without side rockets, but the legs will still be molded to body) Check back soon for info on the 12" line. Humor has it there will be a rehash of POTF2 Action Collection Plastic Chewy with even less detial !

Beast
02-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Ahahaha. Yeah, the same tired joke rehashed time and time again. Yeah, it's always a great gut buster. Seriously, it's stupid to keep saying this over and over again. It's not like you have to buy the damn recarded figures. Noone is forcing you to. Unless your an anal carded collector that needs everything. And it allows newcomers to collecting a chance to get the figures. Not everyone has been collecting since 1995.

And also, the main characters in the vintage line, as well as many others, were recarded from the start of the line to near the end of the line. Atleast Hasbro is delivering new figures for us collectors, as well as recarded for new collectors and kids that will be experiencing Star Wars for the first time with the September DVD releases. Get over it, it's stupid. I don't see you guys having kittens over the LOTR re-issues. :rolleyes: :stupid:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 01:06 PM
LOL, How you doing Hasbro lover you? Stupid? I'd say it's stupid for you to support such crap. I didn't say I would buy it and I posted this for fun. I really would like to see you come off your almighty throne and be light hearted. This is fun and games dude. I can care less about LOTR. Why would you meation that? This is a SW collecting site.:rolleyes: ;)

Beast
02-25-2004, 01:14 PM
I never claimed to be a hasbro lover. I'm just really sick and tired at the ammount of bashing that goes on against them. Some people will never be happy, you're clearly one of them. This is the year that the OT is released on DVD. Lil Billy and Susie are going to get captivated by the movies, and Hasbro wants to be able to deliver figures of the characters from the movies. The OTC line is for the kids, since most of the figures other then Dagobah and Bespin are going to be recarded "Classic" figures.

For us collectors, we have the modern vintage line. Which is new highly articulated figures of the main characters from the Original Trilogy. And since those figures are more expensive then the OTC offerings, I'm quite glad that most of the OTC is going to be recarded figures for the kiddies. And that's my point. There's something for everyone this year. And go check out the LOTR thread, noone is *****in' about recarded figures there. I don't know why, Star Wars collectors seem to come off as incredibly spoiled sometimes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Unless your an anal carded collector that needs everything.[/QUOTE

I prefer the term obsessive-compulsive. :p ;)

[QUOTE]And also, the main characters in the vintage line, as well as many others, were recarded from the start of the line to near the end of the line.

Which goes to prove one of my points...Why didn't Hasbro give us an EP2 card?!?!?

LOL

Get over it, it's stupid. I don't see you guys having kittens over the LOTR re-issues.

First of all, I am not capable of having kittens, and secondly, I don't collect LOTR.

hehehe...just having a little fun. :Pirate:

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 01:31 PM
I never claimed to be a hasbro lover. I'm just really sick and tired at the ammount of bashing that goes on against them. Some people will never be happy, you're clearly one of them. This is the year that the OT is released on DVD. Lil Billy and Susie are going to get captivated by the movies, and Hasbro wants to be able to deliver figures of the characters from the movies. The OTC line is for the kids, since most of the figures other then Dagobah and Bespin are going to be recarded "Classic" figures

Jar Jar BinksOh come on, I love most of the stuff Hasbro makes. The re-releases are getting out of hand though. I don't think kids buy this stuff though. I know you think differently, but I havn't seen it for a while. I see you just want everyone to be happy and just not say a word. That's fine, but that's not me.:)

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE]hehehe...just having a little fun. :Pirate:Apparently that's just too hard for some people.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Lil Billy and Susie are going to get captivated by the movies, and Hasbro wants to be able to deliver figures of the characters from the movies.

What about Little Joey and Ann?!?! Aren't they good enough to enjoy the OT this fall too?!?!!! How dare you leave them out, binksy!! :crazed:

I agree though; kids are going to want some OT figures, so hasbro is giving it to them. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy these figures...except maybe me since i'm a completist turd. But i love collecting and thes packages are great, so yay!! :D

Darth Alex
02-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Collectors buying "anal" cards...men birthing live kittens...sounds like a plot for Spaceballs II:sur: .
People, there's no need to argue. For goodness sake, I find the jokes some of us are coming up with are priceless. When I read some of the descriptions I do bust a gut (off the SW tip, but it's like when talkback over at AICN has 'posts' about Hulk Hogan-I almost pee it's so funny).Come on now...to see a major toy company pushing leftovers so hard is sad. I agree, there will be an interest with the kids and a whole slew of folks once the OTCSE v1.0 box hits, but we are getting to the height of stupidity here, Hasbro.
If Hasbro/Retailers/The Lord of the Star Wars Toys/Alan Greenspan and whoever else is in on the toy game made it so that fans could get enough of what they wanted, there would not be too much of a problem.
It stinks to go out toy hunting or to try and get a reasonably-priced new SW toy release off the old 'intanet', whatever it is, when it's new and get stiffed at the altar of purchase. Let alone how hard it is to find some "new" figures a wave or two later.
If figures like the SA Clonetrooper, Ephant Mon, Sio Bibble, etc were put out in a wave or two of the HOF series or the TRU 4 packs, it would be great for fans who still need em or want more. And if Hasbro would continue something for diorama/army builders like the Endor/Sand/Storm trooper 4 packs, people would be served!
Now, back to the kitten thing....:stupid:

Darth Alex
02-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Also, look at it like this. Companies love to repackage items and reuse molds in a lot of industries-DVD special editions, that 05 truck with the ever so slight modification to make RIPPIN and SPACE-AGE COOL (apologies to David Cross). At least if Hasbro is gonna re-re-release a figure, tweak it for the better-
make the Stormtrooper a SA figure, give the DS trooper a non-ballet stance, etc. If you're gonna try to pull wool over someones eyes, at least weave it into a different hat or a warm mexican wrestling mask or something.
And, yes, I do enjoy a festive bout of Mexican wrestling now and then...as opposed to the Vince Corporate Fun League or the AFAAWRAHL (whatever it's called in '04):) .

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 03:13 PM
My point is kids will not be buying these movies, it will be adults. The parents of these kids most likely showed the movies to the kids and now the kids buy the toys. They have the Lukes and Hans and Leias and Vaders and Mauls. Dont try and dump that the OTC is for the kids. If it is for the kids, why the package change for the "kiddie line" Kids dont care about the card backs. They tear em open quicker then speedy Gonzales(z). The line is for adults. Hasbro is reissuing these same lame figures becuase of the limited shipping on the SA line. They think it will keep us happy and we would say" Oh, I didnt get my SA Boba Fett, but this re-issued Han on the OTC card will satisfy me."(takes a deep breathe) I want the DANG SA line and I want it now. Hasbro, you re-hashed, reissued, resculpted, remade, redid, re-whatever CT Han so much, I am suprised he doesnt have his own cereal by now. Get with it and give us new figures for this line already. Stop giving us the same old junk. And with the money you saved by not having to make new molds for half this line, why not lower the price to normalon the SA line?

Rant over.

Droid
02-25-2004, 05:01 PM
No one has been more frustrated with Hasbro over the years than me. There have been poor distributions problems, exclusives that were hard to find (if ever released in U.S. at all), bad sculpts, action features, resculpts when I thought there were more deserving candidates. But when all is said and done I can not believe how many distinctly different figures have been released over the past nine years. They have done far more figures than when the movies were originally popular and loved by a MAJORITY of the public during the original line. And we are now like seven figures away from having all of the figures from the Vintage line. We now have Aunt Beru, Uncle Owen, Porkins, Tarkin, Duros, Captain Piett, Biggs, Wedge, Captain Antilles, Dodonna, Dak, Leia as Jabba's Prisoner, TWO Imperial Dignitaries, Ephant Mon, the list goes on and on. What other movies besides Star Wars have there been action figures made of that guy third from the left in the bar sequence that had less than a second of screen time? All said Hasbro has done an amazing job over the nine years and with Ozzel, Madine, and Cloud Car Pilot on the horizon it is going to keep coming. Some people complain about the resculpts, but for every resculpt there is a person insisting we need a better Bib Fortuna, Lobot, and from one thread I saw today the definitive Darth Vader! If you don't like it, don't buy it. Some kids buying their first Luke and Falcon now weren't born in 1995. If Hasbro released the same Falcon, people would complain. If Hasbro redid the Falcon people would complain. People ask for figures they couldn't find to be released again, then people complain when Hasbro asks which one we want most.
I predict by the end of the line we'll have everything we want, or at least everything obsessive compulsive people like us are entitled to. :) I look forward to your attacks.

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 05:05 PM
No one has been more frustrated with Hasbro over the years than me. There have been poor distributions problems, exclusives that were hard to find (if ever released in U.S. at all), bad sculpts, action features, resculpts when I thought there were more deserving candidates. But when all is said and done I can not believe how many distinctly different figures have been released over the past nine years. They have done far more figures than when the movies were originally popular and loved by a MAJORITY of the public during the original line. And we are now like seven figures away from having all of the figures from the Vintage line. We now have Aunt Beru, Uncle Owen, Porkins, Tarkin, Duros, Captain Piett, Biggs, Wedge, Captain Antilles, Dodonna, Dak, Leia as Jabba's Prisoner, TWO Imperial Dignitaries, Ephant Mon, the list goes on and on. What other movies besides Star Wars have there been action figures made of that guy third from the left in the bar sequence that had less than a second of screen time? All said Hasbro has done an amazing job over the nine years and with Ozzel, Madine, and Cloud Car Pilot on the horizon it is going to keep coming. Some people complain about the resculpts, but for every resculpt there is a person insisting we need a better Bib Fortuna, Lobot, and from one thread I saw today the definitive Darth Vader! If you don't like it, don't buy it. Some kids buying their first Luke and Falcon now weren't born in 1995. If Hasbro released the same Falcon, people would complain. If Hasbro redid the Falcon people would complain. People ask for figures they couldn't find to be released again, then people complain when Hasbro asks which one we want most.
I predict by the end of the line we'll have everything we want, or at least everything obsessive compulsive people like us are entitled to. :) I look forward to your attacks.Read my post again and then reply. I said nothing about re-sculpts. I welcome those.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
I too agree with JJB on this one. Besides, the rerelease happened in the 80's when ANH figures were rereleased on ESB, ROTJ and POTF cards again and again. It happened in the 90's when some red card figures were rereleased on green cards, then green foil cards, then Freeze Frame cards. And it happens now. It just hasn't happened in a while so maybe that's why people are complaining so much about it. Even though this was meant to be a joke thread, but still.

In 1997, I saw the movies for the first time (I was 7) when they were released for the Special Edition. I loved them, and I wanted to get all the stuff. My first 3 figures were SOTE Chewbacca (cause he looked cool - may be what some kids thought of the Clone Wars line), R5-D4 (I actually liked the missile, which is different now) and Carbonite Han. I started getting the main versions of main characters that Christmas and the following year. The ones I got for Christmas were like Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Yoda, and they were all on rerelease green cards so people like me could get them. The next year, I got Obi-Wan and TIE Pilot on Freeze Frame cards, which were also rereleases.

Rereleases are here, like it or not. Nobody's forcing anybody to buy any of these anyway. And Hasbro's still making new stuff - there's still a fe more basic and ultra waves, the glasses, the Jedi Council sets, Red Leader's X-wing, the SA vintage line, the 7 Dagobah and Bespin OTC figures. I'll get the new stuff, and maybe some more rerelease troopers for armies and possibly more Wickets for customs. Buy what you like, but don't complain about them until they're infesting the stores (which none of them have, as far as I can remember).

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Wow, I didn't know they did that with the POTF2 figures, that's news to me.:rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Wow, I didn't know they did that with the POTF2 figures, that's news to me.:rolleyes:
Hey, what's the big deal? I was just trying to talk about how the rehashes can be useful sometimes. You don't have to be mean about it.

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Rehashes can be useful. But when its the same one over and over and over in one year, its ridiculous. They could of given us a different Han than the CT version.

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Hey, what's the big deal? I was just trying to talk about how the rehashes can be useful sometimes. You don't have to be mean about it.LOL, mean about it. I'm doing the same thing you guys are doing, expressing my thoughts. Some people can't take a joke.;) Mean about, HeHe.

jedi master sal
02-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Okay fellows lets all take a breath please.

As stated by Mr. JabbaJohnL it IS practical that Hasbro rerelease some of the same figures.

however we seem to be getting a glut of them this year, however again, it is the year for the OT DVD's which warrant some level of reissues.

Hasbro has made some huge blunders though when it comes to reissues.

If they did reissue some of the harder to find figures that would benefit alot of those folks who didn't find those figs to begin with. Of course you would have some albeit in the minority who would say that rereleasing HTF figs devalues the ones out there already. Get over that. Hasbro doesn't make anymore money if a fig is HTF or not. In 20 years do you think they will be asking for a percentage of the Ephant Mon you'll be selling on eBay? No.

It would be to there benefit to rerelease those HTF figs. Why they haven't is beyond me. I hold to the theory that they do not want to bow to the wishes of collectors and still want people to believe that SW is a kids toy line.

I wouldn't mind Rehashbro as it was called in the first post, rereleasing the SA clone for instance. Who would? It's a great figure, army builder and clones of almost any kind are still in high demand. Certainly if they repackaged it on a Saga card they woudl still sell, but you can believe there would be that small contingent who would say, bleh, yet another clone.

We just have to buy what we want from what is produced and be happy about that. Create a petition, boycott, do whatever makes you happy or feel like your making a difference. Point is, these are just toys, no matter who is buying them. You arent' forced to buy rehashes, sure you want those HTF figs and find it unfair, but what of the poor kids for instance in Africa who have no toys at all and would GLADLY take all the rehashes you don't want just to have something to play with (even if they've never seen the movie).

Be grateful that we've gotten as much as we have. Yes, I've been POed about the distribution woes but there's not much we can do about it. You can belive hasbro is saying to themselves "Look at them complaining again".

I've been tempted to open an account with them (BTW you need $5K to start and have proof of owning a business-I've researched it) just to order massive amounts of army builders, but that's an unrealistic goal. Even then I don't think they would bat an eyelash at one person who would want to order $5K worth of SA clones. They'd probably just say, buy the cases as we deliver them. No special orders. $5K is not that much to them in the grand scale of things and who here among us can afford $5K a year every year to keep the account open....I'm betting noone.

So that's it. Deal with what's avaliable in your area. make friends here for those harder to find stuff and just be happy that you can live how you can and afford these toys to begin with.

Okay nuff said.

Carry one, have fun, but be nice to your fellow forumite.

-Sal

plo koon 200
02-25-2004, 09:42 PM
I totally disagree with JJB. I think if stores order a lot of this OTC crap then no one will buy the rereleases and the stores will be stuck with a lot of figures. And come 2006 and they have figures from both 2004 and 2005, instead of just 2005, can you guess what that will mean for us collectors?

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry JabbaJohn, you're a cool dude and I didn't mean anything by it, really. I posted this to be light hearted and for fun. I have gotten sick of what ever I post someone comes in and bashes what I say and most of the time I'm joking. So I guess no one has a sense of humor around here anymore. You know before we know it, SW is going to be over and there's not going to be anything to talk about, heck there's not much to talk about now.:cry: :D

Beast
02-25-2004, 09:45 PM
heck there's not much to talk about now.:cry: :D
We could always start discussing your silver R2-D2's again. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 09:50 PM
We could always start discussing your silver R2-D2's again. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksGo ahead. Hey everyone, I stole 4 Silver R2's or was it more?:classic:

plo koon 200
02-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I never heard of that. Are you serious? Tell me the story.

Turbowars
02-25-2004, 10:00 PM
I never heard of that. Are you serious? Tell me the story.Oh please don't make me tell it. Maybe JJB should because no matter how it was told he would say it was wrong.:ermm:

Kidhuman
02-25-2004, 10:58 PM
He bought some figures that he already had to get the R2's and then returned the figs. Thats the gist of it. And I will do the same thing with the clones coming out. If they have nothng new, why should we be punished for their case packings and pegwarmers?

Turbowars
02-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks Kidhuman, that's what happened. The stores didn't scan the R2's until the last one and I ended up with 4 pre-view R3's. I think I got 4 or 5 Silver R2's. The funny thing is, in some stores they still have them or had them for along time after the promo. They were giving them away without a SW purchase. :classic:

Turbowars
02-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Why wasn't this thread attacked? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23216

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Sorry JabbaJohn, you're a cool dude and I didn't mean anything by it, really. I posted this to be light hearted and for fun. I have gotten sick of what ever I post someone comes in and bashes what I say and most of the time I'm joking. So I guess no one has a sense of humor around here anymore. You know before we know it, SW is going to be over and there's not going to be anything to talk about, heck there's not much to talk about now.:cry: :D
Yeah, that's okay. I was afraid you were gonna be mad at me forever and I wouldn't be able to get that Slave Leia from you. ;)

Hopefully, if the OTC continues, we'll get Ephant Mon, BoShek, R4-M9, and some of the head variants of the Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer. I only saw one new version of each. I'm surprised, though, that they didn't rerelease Tatooine Luke - I never saw the Dannl Faytonni wave in stores (my mom did though so I have them). It's not like they've ever held back with him before, I mean this line IS for kids. ;)

arctangent
02-27-2004, 10:30 AM
I too agree with JJB on this one. Besides, the rerelease happened in the 80's when ANH figures were rereleased on ESB, ROTJ and POTF cards again and again.

i have replied to this point on another thread but i will reiterate it here.

you have to remember that this was the dawn of film related toys. in 1977 i was eleven, loved star wars and spent all my pocket money on the action figures (as i recall the very first ones i got were the tusken raider, ben 'obi-wan' kenobi r2-d2 and c3p0, what wonderful memories). when tesb came out, the original star wars packed figures were gone. there were lots of kids who were too young when star wars came out but wanted to collect the figures when tesb came out, so the older figures were re-released along with the newer ones. same for rotj. remember back in those days these were toys bought mainly by kids, not by adult collectors.

that is very different to now when hasbro release a figure on a certain card and then, within a short space of time are re-releasing that figure on a different card with a different name ie, the commtech chip han solo and the flight to alderaan han solo. by changing the name they are trying to sell it as a new product knowing that many collectors will want to buy the figure in the new packaging.

i don't by this 'oh, but the kids will want them' line. i believe that kids will only buy figures when there is a film released in the cinema. i don't think kids will be frothing at the mouth at the prospect of the ot being released on dvd. it is the collectors who sustain the market during non film years.

its hasbro's choice to rerelease so many figures that have already been released. its my choice whether to buy them or not. and this year, hasbro will not be getting as much of my hard earned cash as they usually do. their loss, not mine.

and turbo - i thought the rehashbro joke was funny lol

plo koon 200
02-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks Kidhuman, that's what happened. The stores didn't scan the R2's until the last one and I ended up with 4 pre-view R3's. I think I got 4 or 5 Silver R2's. The funny thing is, in some stores they still have them or had them for along time after the promo. They were giving them away without a SW purchase. :classic:
I see. At my TRU the manager signs the reciept so I can't do such a thing.

I really wouldn't call this stealing. By making re-issuing figures, and making promotions like this to be 500 of the same figure is what I call stealing. Which is mostly Hasbro's fault.

Turbowars
03-06-2004, 09:24 PM
You know if Hasbro is going to continue rehashing, why not rehash some stuff that goes with the current waves. Like the next time Hasbro breezes by the Cantina, they csn put the Cantina 3 pack on cards. You know Labria, Leids and Takeel. :nerv:

Kidhuman
03-07-2004, 12:53 AM
You know if Hasbro is going to continue rehashing, why not rehash some stuff that goes with the current waves. Like the next time Hasbro breezes by the Cantina, they csn put the Cantina 3 pack on cards. You know Labria, Leids and Takeel. :nerv:

Thats not such a bad idea. If Hasbro went that route, alot more money would be spent. Instead of digging up that old tired dead Luke tatooine and slapping his sorry mug on a different card. Get with it Hasbro. Give us some different figures.

darthzirock
03-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Thats not such a bad idea. If Hasbro went that route, alot more money would be spent. Instead of digging up that old tired dead Luke tatooine and slapping his sorry mug on a different card. Get with it Hasbro. Give us some different figures.

Why should they give us different figures when no one can find them at retail anyway? Maybe if they just keep recarding everything after the Hoth wave, I'll eventually find something--anything!--at retail. :frus:

Kidhuman
03-07-2004, 02:14 AM
All I am saying is give us different figures than the rehashed Jedi Luke from Jabbas Palace. Did we really need 2 of them this year? No. They could of easily gave us another creature or one of those dancers. If they were gonna repack someone why not Ephant Mon?

chrisc
03-29-2004, 06:37 PM
"REHASHBRO" In the next few weeks Hasbro will change over and go by the new and improved "Rehashbro" name. The president of Hasbro feels that the name change will be more PC and will also be more true to what there company stands for, Rehashes. At Rehashbro you will be able to find all the figures you never wanted or liked on the pegs. We hope you and your family will buy into the change.

"Inside info"

I just heard that the next waves after the latest rehashs reported are going to be full cases of one figure. Rehashbro is re-releasing Senator Jar Jar Binks (in new EU pink outfit) and Factory Flight R2-D2 (with longer string, no action feature and without side rockets, but the legs will still be molded to body) Check back soon for info on the 12" line. Humor has it there will be a rehash of POTF2 Action Collection Plastic Chewy with even less detial !

Turbowars why don't you just end it with this crap you post something like this evey two weeks. Look I'm sorry you can't really think of nothing original but please try to. I can even email you some suggestions if you want me to. :crazed:

fishyfett
04-04-2004, 06:25 PM
I've heard of another company changed their name, too. And this is what happened to their toyline and to their fans. After all the disappointments, the letdowns, the scalping and hoarding, the frustrations, poor sales and eventually blaming everyone but themselves, they adopted a more appropriate name: Matt-Hell.

2-1B
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I think the POTF2 plastic 12 inch Chewie is pretty cool.

clonehead
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
:frus: ha ha ha, you got me

why i oughta!? :frus: